2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

GTA Online Freemode: Penned In

Shifty_Nifty

Probably my favourite Game of freemode, anyone else agree?

Edited by Cryki

For those of us not able to play yet, how does this mode work beyond staying in the bubble. I assume weapons and explosives are allowed? So can you just blow up other cars? Do you pay the insurance? Once you are out of the bubble can you get back in? Seems interesting but there's a real lack of details on this, or I haven't seen them.

For those of us not able to play yet, how does this mode work beyond staying in the bubble. I assume weapons and explosives are allowed? So can you just blow up other cars? Do you pay the insurance? Once you are out of the bubble can you get back in? Seems interesting but there's a real lack of details on this, or I haven't seen them.

No weapons, just like a destruction derby, you get about 10 seconds to get back into the bubble. It gets smaller. Its a lot of fun and carnage. No weapons makes it enjoyable.

No weapons, just like a destruction derby, you get about 10 seconds to get back into the bubble. It gets smaller. Its a lot of fun and carnage. No weapons makes it enjoyable.

Okay that actually does sound like fun. I was afraid it would be a sticky bomb minefield and you would get blown up after "playing" for about 1 second. I'll have to give this a shot in the Insurgent later.

That sounds like fun. Gotta try it for myself.

IcOqQpq.gif

So, semi-passive mode protection like Kill List Competitive, I assume? That would make it one of the few non-screwed up modes where a jet can't conveniently farm the hell out of you and everyone else participating.

So, semi-passive mode protection like Kill List Competitive, I assume? That would make it one of the few non-screwed up modes where a jet can't conveniently farm the hell out of you and everyone else participating.

Yeah, when I was in it, someone tried to, but only managed to kill the ones who had the same idea on the ground.

• Like 1

image.png

The beginning is kind of boring, but the longer it takes and the smaller the bubble gets the intenser and more fun it gets dman R* realy nailed the mode.

ALso for people complaining who get attacked during the challenges(Backwards driving, parachuting etc.)
You can just do them in Passive mode.

Yeah, this sounds like the biggest (only?) freemode winner that R* added in this update...

Not only, there are a lot of fun ones, well for me at least, Hunt the beast is awesome, King of the Cast my personal favourite,

Random filled seems to be full of Insurgents, so can't wait to do this on a crew meet with un-modded cars.

I've not played all the events yet, but this has been my favourite so far. The fact that you can't use weapons and no-one outside the bubble can interfere at all makes it the cleanest of the events I've played, and damn is it fun! I'll be playing this one a LOT!

Played for a couple hours last night, got KOTC about 5 times but not this yet, itching to get stuck in. Better fire up the console and try again I guess.......

Edited by giraffeboy

King of the Castle at the sandy shores alien commune area is a lot fun but sadly its all about who gets there first and builds up some time...once 4 or 5 people arrive it turns into sniper valley as some spawns place you on top of the hill behind the castle and a lot of folks give up on even trying to get to the castle and snipe all round long lol. still chaotic fun though, must admit its pretty annoying as I lost count of how many times someone spawned a few feet behind just after I spawn and begin to run up to the castle.

Played for a couple hours last night, got KOTC about 5 times but not this yet, itching to get stuck in. Better fire up the console and try again I guess.......

Just a word of advice that I picked up from the first time I tried to play it - when you get to the bubble just go straight in. Everyone inside becomes a ghost, like in passive mode, so you can't do anything to each other, and no-one outside the bubble can do anything to you either. Don't hang around outside till the last second - there's no need.

Yeah, when I was in it, someone tried to, but only managed to kill the ones who had the same idea on the ground.

As much as I got amused by the griefing, this is good to hear. Really, more "sign up and get segregated from normal player" protection for events would be nice for people who actually want to participate.

slimeball supreme

Sounds like fun - too bad I don't want to spend that long in a public lobby to play it.

I can try though.

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

FriendlyFireOFF

It's good fun but how could you have played all of these new modes by that time you posted?

FriendlyFireOFF

It's good fun but how could you have played all of these new modes by that time you posted?

Either he has been playing GTA:O nonstop since the update, or he means his favourite of the ones he's played so far.

Ah - why are you defending him?......oh that's right it's ANOTHER one of your accounts. Reported.

Either he has been playing GTA:O nonstop since the update, or he means his favourite of the ones he's played so far.

Ah - why are you defending him?......oh that's right it's ANOTHER one of your accounts. Reported.

For simply defending another forum member? Get the f*ck off your high horse.

image.png

I played it for a few hours yesterday..... Why the aggressiveness??

some people are odd on this forum..

aggressiveness? Wow, that is a word but it just makes aggression obsolete... reported :p
  • Like 1

aggressiveness? Wow, that is a word but it just makes aggression obsolete... reported :p

Grandma Nazi. Reported.

Penned In does seem like a pretty well designed mode. I do wish it was harder though... most of the time like six people win.