1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Future DLC Discussion Thread

Octane

Explain the gun tints and animations then nay-f*cking-sayers.

Explain that. You can debate about the cars and yatch all day, but the guns are irrefutable proof.

I'm talking to you Pizentu.

Edited by GradeA-Hole

Guest Member1626225

I dunno man. Still looks to good to be true.

Last gen is gone. They said they'd be able to do some great stuff. This would be it. Not another cookie cutter DLC pack or a few Online exclusive car updates.

Can't wait for another 5000000 comments by last gen users who can't understand hardware limitations.

Fun doesn't have the files. Yet.

As far as I know.

I'm pretty certain that he would tell us if he did find them. He's possibly searching for them now. We don't know.

No he can't search for them no matter how hard he tries as there not in the game! R* never uploaded these files with the last update which is a huge reason why this is hard to believe, the method leakers use is by looking through files R* has basically already given us but these weren't, the only way to of obtained these (if there real) is either a hack or he knows someone that works at R* that shared it with him.

Now you can understand why a lot people are finding this hard to believe, i wouldn't expect him to tell the method because it could get out and we wouldn't get anymore leaks like this (if there real of course) but why he won't send the files to just funmw2 to give us some sort of verification i have no idea and is a huge reason why i'm really skeptical on this.

This sums it up best. Even if he got the files through nefarious means... What's stopping him from at least showing them to funmw2? The fact that m3tal and Yan have supported this leak, at least gives it some merit. I still think there's too much "off" about some of this to be real.

funmw2 is certainly in a tough spot here, and I can't say I blame him for laying low. He's been burned once by Nillz, and he gains nothing by posting either way.

Okay, let's say he did indeed mod all of this. Let's say he did mod the cars, the helicopter, the guns, the furniture, the animations. Explain to me how he would be able to create all of this, on his own in a mere two weeks which would take Rockstar at least 3 or 4 months to produce. There is more evidence pointing to all this being real, than it all being fake.

FunMw2 hasn't posted anything on here or Twitter since yesterday. Could he be looking for the files? We'll have to wait and see.

He's probably keeping his head down. If he comes out and says this leak is real, and it isn't, he'll lose credibility. If he says its fake, and it isn't, he'll look like an idiot.

I don't know why everyone's putting funmw2 on a pedestal anyway, I seem to remember him backing NillXmods.

Fun deserves his pedestal, as a leaker specifically. He's proven to be reliable time and again, showing us only real code and making sure to position his interpretations as JUST interpretations and not 100% fact. If you want to know stuff that's coming up in the next few months, he's been the best source for that, pretty much.

As a backer or doubter of other leakers - well, who knows? It seems to be the case that he knows more than most of us (because he looks at the code himself very often, and knows what it's supposed to look like; also because he seems to be tuned into the modding community, which lets you spot certain kinds of fakery easily). But that doesn't make him an ultimate authority on other kinds of leaks - the kind, specifically, that Nill and now Dragoon have said they have. Both of them have basically said they got files most of us don't have access to through some unspecified security breach. (And if that sets off warning bells for you - both because it's a little too Wargames, and because Nill is now known to be a scammer and a liar - then it probably should.) I believe fun, despite his knowledge, is about in the same boat as the rest of us. That's probably why he bought into Nill's authenticity, and the experience with Nill is probably in part why he now doubts Dragoon. That's just my interpretation of things. But basically, if someone stands up and says "I found this on a secret server that no one else can find," no one except the developers themselves can definitely say he's lying - unless the proof he offers is so blatantly fake as to be beyond all possibility of being real. Nill's predictions were vague enough, and similar enough to real Rockstar updates, to be plausible. Dragoon's predictions are wildly detailed and in a few cases really unbelievable, in a void. If it weren't for that detail and the list of hashes and the dozens of screen grabs, that is. Then it just comes down to this either being real, or a VERY ELABORATE fake that pulls from a bunch of different sources: cut content in the game, mods, some Photoshop and Google Image Search phony baloney, faked code, and who knows what else.

Fun obviously leans (or leaned) toward thinking it is the latter situation here. But I don't know how he could KNOW for sure. I still lean in the same direction as him though. I want this all to be real, but I think it's probably a mixed bag of a little bit real and a lot of fiction.

Edited by Nutduster

As far as I know.

I'm pretty certain that he would tell us if he did find them. He's possibly searching for them now. We don't know.

No he can't search for them no matter how hard he tries as there not in the game! R* never uploaded these files with the last update which is a huge reason why this is hard to believe, the method leakers use is by looking through files R* has basically already given us but these weren't, the only way to of obtained these (if there real) is either a hack or he knows someone that works at R* that shared it with him.

Now you can understand why a lot people are finding this hard to believe, i wouldn't expect him to tell the method because it could get out and we wouldn't get anymore leaks like this (if there real of course) but why he won't send the files to just funmw2 to give us some sort of verification i have no idea and is a huge reason why i'm really skeptical on this.

This sums it up best. Even if he got the files through nefarious means... What's stopping him from at least showing them to funmw2? The fact that m3tal and Yan have supported this leak, at least gives it some merit. I still think there's too much "off" about some of this to be real.

funmw2 is certainly in a tough spot here, and I can't say I blame him for laying low. He's been burned once by Nillz, and he gains nothing by posting either way.

Okay, let's say he did indeed mod all of this. Let's say he did mod the cars, the helicopter, the guns, the furniture, the animations. Explain to me how he would be able to create all of this, on his own in a mere two weeks which would take Rockstar at least 3 or 4 months to produce. There is more evidence pointing to all this being real, than it all being fake.Exactly. Couldn't have said it better.
  • Like 2

As far as I know.

Okay, let's say he did indeed mod all of this. Let's say he did mod the cars, the helicopter, the guns, the furniture, the animations. Explain to me how he would be able to create all of this, on his own in a mere two weeks which would take Rockstar at least 3 or 4 months to produce. There is more evidence pointing to all this being real, than it all being fake.

this is turning into a soap opera tune in for the next episode to find out how this ends

the suspense is killing me

As far as I know.

This is all speculation on my part, and I'm not even claiming it to be true but....

He's got a bunch of people from that french forum here, that have all shown up to support him. It's not that hard to imagine that it isn't just him working on this stuff. He's apparently shared his files with his friends, but just not funmw2.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but it's certainly plausible.

• Like 2

This is all speculation on my part, and I'm not even claiming it to be true but....

He's got a bunch of people from that french forum here, that have all shown up to support him. It's not that hard to imagine that it isn't just him working on this stuff. He's apparently shared his files with his friends, but just not funmw2.

I agree. Anyone asking the skeptics to explain how this could all be fake is missing the point. An elaborate-enough hoax is going to be hard to disprove point by point, in its entirety. It's more important, I think, to look at the sketchiest parts first (like the yacht and all the stuff surrounding it, especially that Docktease page and GIS background) and say that those things alone are reason enough for healthy skepticism. Same thing if any of these could be proven to be known mods, already available somewhere else and made by non-R* people.

If you want a comprehensive explanation from a skeptic, you won't get one. But this is as close as I could offer:

- Some of this is mods (not necessarily made by Dragoon, he may have any number of friends helping with the hoax just for lulz)

- Some of this is cut content (which fun has already said he thinks it is; that would make the most sense for the animations we haven't seen before)

- Some of this is repurposed content (like the one reload animation looking a lot like the marksman pistol reload)

- Some of this is just bad fakery (like the screen grab used for the background on the Docktease page for the yacht)

- Some of this is pretty damn good fakery, but not beyond the capacity of the right person to come up with (like the Docktease description for the yacht, which really does sound like Rockstar-speak, to their credit; also the list of hashes would have to be pretty damn good fakery)

- Some of this is the work of a 3D modeller who really knows his sh*t and was committed to the hoax (pretty much requires that Dragoon had some help, if the "2 weeks" timeframe is accurate at all) - possibly someone was working on some mods just for their own sake and got involved in this hoax by knowing Dragoon? Who knows....

It's detailed, it would take a ton of work, yes. But some things smell off about it. It's hard to believe in it.

As far as I know.

Okay, let's say he did indeed mod all of this. Let's say he did mod the cars, the helicopter, the guns, the furniture, the animations. Explain to me how he would be able to create all of this, on his own in a mere two weeks which would take Rockstar at least 3 or 4 months to produce. There is more evidence pointing to all this being real, than it all being fake.This is all speculation on my part, and I'm not even claiming it to be true but....

Actually, someone said that he hasn't shared the files with anyone, not even his closest friends. So it means nothing that he doesn't want to give them to funmw2. Still doesn't mean it's fake.

Actually, someone said that he hasn't shared the files with anyone, not even his closest friends. So it means nothing that he doesn't want to give them to funmw2. Still doesn't mean it's fake.

That doesn't PROVE anything, but if you're looking for reasons to doubt this, that certainly is a big red flag. Why not share the files if they are legit? It's not like Rockstar is going to call the cops on him for sharing the files, but will let everything slide if the "only" thing he does is spill a bunch of screenshots and a 20 minute video all over the internet. Either way, if he did something illegal, his ass would be grass. Not sharing these files even with trusted leakers and modders to get them on his side is REALLY sketchy. Again, not proof of anything - just a warning sign. Because the previous hoaxers (Nill and the N. Yankton guy) did the same thing, and had all kinds of illogical "reasons" they wouldn't share their source code. Because they either didn't have that code, or they knew if they shared their nonsense in full, they'd get busted by people who knew better. In both cases too, they shared their "information" in dribs and drabs - a lot of "Oh, you want proof? Well I'll have it... in 48 hours!" At which point a screenshot of a small amount of fake code would pop up. Dragoon hasn't done this exact thing, but the delays, the little nuggets of "proof" dribbled out here and there... it does feel a little familiar. Not in a good way.

As far as I know.

Okay, let's say he did indeed mod all of this. Let's say he did mod the cars, the helicopter, the guns, the furniture, the animations. Explain to me how he would be able to create all of this, on his own in a mere two weeks which would take Rockstar at least 3 or 4 months to produce. There is more evidence pointing to all this being real, than it all being fake.This is all speculation on my part, and I'm not even claiming it to be true but....

The only thing that it means, is that he is unwilling to have his leak vetted by a reputable source.

That means alot. The people who doubt this shouldn't have the burden of proving this leak false. The burden should be on the leaker himself to prove it true. In the most direct, and provable way.... He's failed to do that.

• Like 3

For the reload animation on the double barell being too similar to the marksman pistol, let's take the pistols for example. They all have the same exact reload. So does the MP5(SMG) and the Combat PDW they released with IGG. The Assault Rifle SMG takes the Assault Rifles animation because it is practically the same gun, just shortened down and redesigned. I think this is a good point to stop and let the time pass and see what Rockstar has planned for this month and if not this month then December which they should have the Christmas update releasing which they did in 2013 and 2014. Wouldn't surprise me if they released it again this year. All this can be confirmed by Rockstar if the Tampa is released along with the Xmas update. We just have to wait and see. Let's end the speculation here.

• Like 2

^we will continue speculating. This thread is a continuous one. It doesn't need to stop or get locked. It was started several patches ago. The whole point is to have a place to speculate.

- Some of this is the work of a 3D modeller who really knows his sh*t and was committed to the hoax (pretty much requires that Dragoon had some help, if the "2 weeks" timeframe is accurate at all) - possibly someone was working on some mods just for their own sake and got involved in this hoax by knowing Dragoon? Who knows....

Already discredited.

There's no way in f*cking heaven or hell anyone is talented enough to pull off working gun-tints at this stage. If there was a method, it would have been discovered and released long ago.

Edited by GradeA-Hole
  • Like 2

That doesn't PROVE anything, but if you're looking for reasons to doubt this, that certainly is a big red flag. Why not share the files if they are legit? It's not like Rockstar is going to call the cops on him for sharing the files, but will let everything slide if the "only" thing he does is spill a bunch of screenshots and a 20 minute video all over the internet. Either way, if he did something illegal, his ass would be grass. Not sharing these files even with trusted leakers and modders to get them on his side is REALLY sketchy. Again, not proof of anything - just a warning sign. Because the previous hoaxers (Nill and the N. Yankton guy) did the same thing, and had all kinds of illogical "reasons" they wouldn't share their source code. Because they either didn't have that code, or they knew if they shared their nonsense in full, they'd get busted by people who knew better. In both cases too, they shared their "information" in dribs and drabs - a lot of "Oh, you want proof? Well I'll have it... in 48 hours!" At which point a screenshot of a small amount of fake code would pop up. Dragoon hasn't done this exact thing, but the delays, the little nuggets of "proof" dribbled out here and there... it does feel a little familiar. Not in a good way.

Exactly!!!

For those of us that were around for the whole Nillz fiasco can see the similarities. I'm guessing that the people who are taking this hook, line, and sinker just weren't around back then. If they were, they would be seeing the same big red flags that we do.

Edited by IROCZFOX

Well apparently some of it is "cut content" but i have no idea why R* wouldn't remove that from the game before it was released. We don't know if it's just him. Yes those cars look very real but there are also some other stuff like the yacht and the way he holds the ak in pictures doesn't look right.

After watching his video i was a bit convinced and i really want the yacht to be real more than anything but i just think it's important not to get hyped up as this could be fake, why he won't send the files to fun is really holding me back from believing him.

As far as I know.

Actually, someone said that he hasn't shared the files with anyone, not even his closest friends. So it means nothing that he doesn't want to give them to funmw2. Still doesn't mean it's fake.The only thing that it means, is that he is unwilling to have his leak vetted by a reputable source.

That means alot. The people who doubt this shouldn't have the burden of proving this leak false. The burden should be on the leaker himself to prove it true. In the most direct, and provable way.... He's failed to do that.

Well, considering how m3tal who I hear is very reputable, found the hashes to the vehicles (at least some of them) pretty much confirming they are real, I'm not sure what other way there is to prove this to you people. Not to mention the animations, tints on the new guns and such are IMPOSSIBLE to mod at this time, so he must be a real genius if he figured out how to do it.
  • Like 2

Well, considering how m3tal who I hear is very reputable, found the hashes to the vehicles (at least some of them) pretty much confirming they are real, I'm not sure what other way there is to prove this to you people. Not to mention the animations, tints on the new guns and such are IMPOSSIBLE to mod at this time, so he must be a real genius if he figured out how to do it.

Well said :^:

• Like 1

If they were cut, wouldn't they have been found already? Anyone with a PC copy of the game can easily search through the files for cut content and there are multiple discussions online for anything that gets found. The reload animation for the sawed off shotgun, as well as the weapon tints, are not possible through modding. If they aren't cut content that can be found in the base game files, they must be future content. You can bring up the sketchy stuff all you like, but stop ignoring the parts that are borderline irrefutable.

• Like 4

Slosten.gif

As far as I know.

Actually, someone said that he hasn't shared the files with anyone, not even his closest friends. So it means nothing that he doesn't want to give them to funmw2. Still doesn't mean it's fake.The only thing that it means, is that he is unwilling to have his leak vetted by a reputable source.

Isn't Dragoon and his buddy video editors? I think someone who vetted him a few pages back said that video editing was his primary hobby. I could be wrong, but wouldn't it be rather easy for him to be able achieve all that in a youtube vid?

And didn't he take down the video too? If he wanted to troll people, he wouldn't have done that, he would have wanted as many people as possible to see it, and in the time it was on youtube not many did. The only logical reason for that I'd think would be is that Rockstar asked him to do so, because it's real and they didn't want it to be leaked as it's still very much WIP. If it would be fake, they simply wouldn't care.

• Like 2

If all this is cut content, why would Rockstar spend so much time designing the vehicles and guns just to scrap them? Sure they cut the Dukes and the Dodo Seaplane, but they both returned, later on along with the Hydra. The Hunter is one vehicle that hasn't been seen in a long time though, doesn't mean Rockstar won't put it in the game. Besides, the Tampa's and the Nightshade had detailed interiors, the same that the PS4, XBONE and PC versions have. Rockstar wouldn't have a need to create these before they were cut from the game, considering the time it takes to created a fully detailed animated interior on all the vehicles in the game, even if some are copy and paste.

• Like 1

And didn't he take down the video too? If he wanted to troll people, he wouldn't have done that, he would have wanted as many people as possible to see it, and in the time it was on youtube not many did. The only logical reason for that I'd think would be is that Rockstar asked him to do so, because it's real and they didn't want it to be leaked as it's still very much WIP. If it would be fake, they simply wouldn't care.

Or he obtained the info illegally, and did not want it to spread too far, potentially getting him in trouble. So he decided to take it down.

• Like 2

R* would've went through youtube to do that. They wouldn't have asked him to do it. He likely took it down, so as to avoid people dissecting and discrediting his video. Here we are with no video, yet he can now claim he provided proof by posting one. Seems a bit convenient if you ask me.

Nice batch of brand new fresh users in this thread i see. Its almost making this thread smell fresh instead of that old wet dog smell it had for weeks.

• Like 2

MRM95Jb.png

Already discredited.

There's no way in f*cking heaven or hell anyone is talented enough to pull off working gun-tints at this stage. If there was a method, it would have been discovered and released long ago.

Like I said in the post that you quoted this from, I'm not here to poke holes in every last bit of this leak. I'm not knowledgeable enough, and the information is so detailed and covers so much stuff that even I had the knowledge, it would take hours and hours to figure it all out. If you want a completely baseless THEORY how there could be gun tints in the video: A. someone figured it out and just hasn't shared the info yet. Or B. the weapon with the tints is just cut content from Rockstar and the tints were already in code, waiting to be found. Or C. somehow this is using tints from another weapon. I don't know. I could talk out of my ass all day, but it's a little beside the point. I'm more interested in explaining why there are many other GOOD reasons for skepticism than disproving every last little thing that most of us in here know a lot less about than we are pretending we do. (I'd be curious to know, out of all the people parroting this line about gun tints and animations, how many of them have enough actual modding knowledge to say that and know it to be true. I bet it's not many.)

Well apparently some of it is "cut content" but i have no idea why R* wouldn't remove that from the game before it was released.

Developers often leave ghosts of unfinished and cut content in code, especially for vast, complicated programs like GTA V. A lot of it is commented out and unusable unless you uncomment it; some of it is just saved in dead files that aren't accessed anywhere by the main program. GTA is full of this stuff, and has been known to be for a long time - people were finding cut cars, audio files, weapons, and all kinds of other stuff long before this "leak." (The software I support for a living is also full of "cut content" like this - fields in tables that are no longer used, or never were; features hidden from end-user view because we decided not to implement them; etc. Sometimes it's just easier to hide it than to remove it. Sometimes we leave it hidden because we think we're going to finish - then the release date creeps up and it never got finished, so we don't clean up the mess because the program works either way.)

Again: those hashes were found in a file provided by Dragoon, and only to a few people, and without any of the other files (apparently). If someone was going to fake them, that's how it would go down - exactly. They look real, but that might only mean he's good at faking them. That's just my uninformed, outsider's perspective, of course. I don't know sh*t about hashes. But I do know a little about software and about forgery.

Edited by Nutduster

Or he obtained the info illegally, and did not want it to spread too far, potentially getting him in trouble. So he decided to take it down.That too. He's been really quiet too, at least on here. There's zero evidence that this is fake, but there are many, many things that are pointing to it being real. So until someone manages to prove all of it is fake, I will continue to believe.
  • Like 1

R* would've went through youtube to do that. They wouldn't have asked him to do it. He likely took it down, so as to avoid people dissecting and discrediting his video. Here we are with no video, yet he can now claim he provided proof by posting one. Seems a bit convenient if you ask me.

Well there's a re-upload, sadly it's made by a retard who dubbed it over with pure gibberish, but just mute him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNgPK8ryVhk

@Nutduster, I have experience with gun modding.

Edited by GradeA-Hole