2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Future DLC Discussion Thread

Octane

If he would give just little information .. he would risk his job

Yes, i know but change the wording a bit. They use the same words all the time, im starting to think they told them to copy and paste the infamous reply to anyone posting a question regarding unannounced things. at least say something like "Thanks for taking the time to write to us. we are currently working on online to provide the best for our fans, do not worry we may announce something regarding SP soon, please stay updated on the newswrie". That is a just an example, and it shows they took the time to read your question, but you know what im trying to say. it gives a negative impression imo that after waiting for a week all they do is give the same reply.

Edited by eyman

Hmmm....

qt40wKj.jpg

That's been here since 2013, right?

1tklrX7.jpg

Yeah that's cut content.

The picture is about how the cut maze bank arena will look like in-game

• Like 7

(sigh)

They are not working on Liberty City because Liberty City makes no sense.

Deal with it.

Source?

(sigh)

Deal with it.

Source?

Common sense.

Just throwing this in there:

emailutsmt.png

I love how Joe is like "Please tell me something I'm going mad refreshing the Newswire X times per day"

and the Rockstar CSM basically replies with "We have nothing to report about that, please keep an eye on the Newswire for any news about future DLC"

Telling him exactly what he didn't want to hear, keep hitting that refresh button, lol.

Btw who is so dumb to refresh Newswire dozens of times per day, just check it once per day, at best.

(sigh)

Deal with it.

Source?

Common sense.

Honestly, common sense tells me that's very possible for them to release a game-changing DLC soon, since sales and users online are definitely going down. And what could be better than Liberty City? It's the easiest map to add in GTA V/Online, since they have to do pretty much zero research in order to "prepare" it, just recode it and update the textures.

Edited by TheIceWarrior

FriendlyFireOFF

(sigh)

Deal with it.

Source?

Common sense.

Common probably.

Sense? Nope.

Honestly, common sense tells me that they are more likely to release a game-changing DLC now, since selling rates and users online are definitely going down. And what could be better than Liberty City? It's the easiest map to add in GTA V/Online, since they have to do pretty much zero research in order to "prepare" it, just recode it and update the textures.

You are correct on the first part of that assertion; there's been no need for the SP DLC prior to this point because GTA V has been selling for full price on new gen and PC and is only now, finally, starting to lag.

We're also only 14 months out from the newgen release, putting the expansions on a reasonable time frame when compared to TLAD and BGT. Last gen is dead, there will be no expansions, and the prior year's worth of time that GTA V was released on it doesn't count towards the time to release at this point.

However, the expansion will not be Liberty City. That's where common sense comes into play. The expansions will be an additional fleshing out of San Andreas. They'll sell for full price, focus on a portion of the original V trio, and will include expanded options for GTAO to move in and out of those areas likely with new characters.

Edited by gfen

BobFromReboot

Honestly, common sense tells me that they are more likely to release a game-changing DLC now, since selling rates and users online are definitely going down. And what could be better than Liberty City? It's the easiest map to add in GTA V/Online, since they have to do pretty much zero research in order to "prepare" it, just recode it and update the textures.

The expansions will be an additional fleshing out of San Andreas.

You seem pretty sure of yourself...

• Like 3

You are correct on the first part of that assertion; there's been no need for the SP DLC prior to this point because GTA V has been selling for full price on new gen and PC and is only now, finally, starting to lag.

We're also only 14 months out from the newgen release, putting the expansions on a reasonable time frame when compared to TLAD and BGT. Last gen is dead, there will be no expansions, and the prior year's worth of time that GTA V was released on it doesn't count towards the time to release at this point.

However, the expansion will not be Liberty City. That's where common sense comes into play. The expansions will be an additional fleshing out of San Andreas. They'll sell for full price, focus on a portion of the original V trio, and will include expanded options for GTAO to move in and out of those areas likely with new characters.

While not completely impossible, what you are suggesting is unlikely to happen. The reason for it is due to the studies, planning and actual modellation required in order to create a new city (Which are a must if you are creating a map expansion), and all of that would need a very long time. Take as an example San Andreas now: It took them five years for them to create it. Liberty City, on the other hand, is pretty much ready...

Edited by TheIceWarrior
  • Like 3

While not completely impossible, what you are suggesting is unlikely to happen. The reason for it is due to the studies, planning and actual modellation required in order to create a new city (Which are a must if you are creating a map expansion), and all of that would need a very long time. Take as an example San Andreas now: It took them five years for them to create it. Liberty City, on the other hand, is pretty much ready...

It took them five years to create an engine, model not just a city and countryside but everything that grows, moves, and lives there. There's more to GTA V (as in 5th generaiton) than a city scape.

Furthermore, you need to use that common sense. GTAO has been a huge money maker for them and has been setup the entire time to be a continual growth asset. Additional GTA software will not only include SP play but an expanded area for GTAO to operate in.

Adding GTA V: Stories from San Fierro gives you both. It gives you a brand new, full price, GTA V single player game that will sell nearly as well as GTA V did. It also gives you an expanded location for online to migrate play over to, allowing you to somehow transfer some of your assets from Los Santos into the new city. It also kickstarts purchases of GTA V as those who skipped it but bought in to either SP or GTAO with SF will want to access to the LS asset packs.

And, the engine is already written and ready to go. They didn't do it with GTA IV, preferring instead to add additional content to the Liberty City base, however they did do it with GTA III giving us two additional chapters therein.

GTA V is poised to follow the GTA III motif. You will see an expansion into rest of San Andreas. This is the logical progression both from an online standpoint and a story mode standpoint.

Edited by gfen

BobFromReboot

It took them five years to create an engine, model not just a city and countryside but everything that grows, moves, and lives there. There's more to GTA V (as in 5th generaiton) than a city scape.

Furthermore, you need to use that common sense. GTAO has been a huge money maker for them and has been setup the entire time to be a continual growth asset. Additional GTA software will not only include SP play but an expanded area for GTAO to operate in.

Adding GTA V: Stories from San Fierro gives you both. It gives you a brand new, full price, GTA V single player game that will sell nearly as well as GTA V did. It also gives you an expanded location for online to migrate play over to, allowing you to somehow transfer some of your assets from Los Santos into the new city. It also kickstarts purchases of GTA V as those who skipped it but bought in to either SP or GTAO with SF will want to access to the LS asset packs.

And, the engine is already written and ready to go. They didn't do it with GTA IV, preferring instead to add additional content to the Liberty City base, however they did do it with GTA III giving us two additional chapters therein.

GTA V is poised to follow the GTA III motif. You will see an expansion into rest of San Andreas. This is the logical progression both from an online standpoint and a story mode standpoint.

That's nice but stop pretending you're the only one who isn't speculating.

• Like 1

just my opinions on the possibilities of LC

- LC is already made
- LC didn't have Online like V
- Rockstar are lazy too add a fresh new city
- it would make sense to have a new city in the next installment of GTA
- The excuse of not having LC because we are in LS doesn't add up. North Yankton had nothing to do with California,
- More players play Online than SP, so it would be stupid to not include it in Online.
- Leslie wants to have all the cities combined one day (LC is a good way to start)
- most GTA Players complain they are easily bored after two weeks into an update, bring in LC/map would make GTA V more durable

I love to see LV and SF both in GTA 6 with the ability to buy tickets across the two cities rather than have VC. if LC is bought to V in the future we may have LC,LS,LV and SF in GTA 6 and in GTA 7 we have LC,LS,LV,SF,VC. therefore objective complete.

Edited by eyman

I never said I wasn't.

I simply suggested you apply common sense and an overall perspective to your viewpoint and understand the reasons that LC is not on the table and that SF and/or LV would be on the table.

And barring major changes, the sixth generation of GTA will debut in Vice City, and will happen late 2019 or early 2020.

FriendlyFireOFF

I never said I wasn't.

I simply suggested you apply common sense and an overall perspective to your viewpoint and understand the reasons that LC is not on the table and that SF and/or LV would be on the table.

And barring major changes, the sixth generation of GTA will debut in Vice City, and will happen late 2019 or early 2020.

I think we'll get LC then SF/LV with GTA Next then Vice City will come in GTA VI.

RDR/Bully/New IP maps could be added?

So we could have a map with 5+ cities all by the time GTAO is 10 years old in 2023.

streetx1xracer

I never said I wasn't.

I think we'll get LC then SF/LV with GTA Next then Vice City will come in GTA VI.

RDR/Bully/New IP maps could be added?

So we could have a map with 5+ cities all by the time GTAO is 10 years old in 2023.

This guy is using his common sense.
  • Like 1

(sigh)

Deal with it.

Source?

Common sense.

Your source is problematic.
  • Like 7

spankyspeedster

Hmmm....

qt40wKj.jpg

That's been here since 2013, right?

1tklrX7.jpg

Yeah that's cut content.

The picture is about how the cut maze bank arena will look like in-game

Why would they cut such things....that looks like it would be fun as hell. Do you know if there is any intention to add this back in?

You contradicted yourself. You implied that LC is unlikely because it would take them a while to create a map in the span of three or less years, yet you're suggesting a map in SF, which is, in fact, a new area.

What's so had about porting an already made city, and sprucing it up? Stop acting like it's the hardest thing in the world. They're a game company for a reason. If it wasn't complicated to do, we wouldn't have a good game.

infectedG636

emailutsmt.png

Maybe. They said the same time about no information concerning to bring gtav to pc and next gen early 2014. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/50871/asked-answered-gtav.html.

I always scratch my head if they emphasize the words 'no new information at this time" or "haven't announced anything"

5484517+_4868e6bfa027a3110de11bd6cda3172

• Like 3

emailutsmt.png

Sat refreshing a page on the Internet waiting for something that isnt confirmed isnt good for anyones santiy, if it gets announced then get hyped! I want LC as much as the next guy

The "we have not announced such thing" is a generic R* answer. It doesn't mean they are working on it or such. They wouldn't never give any clue or whatever about anything they do, by email or any other way but the newswire.

Edited by jdwarfer

to go to rockstar page and pressing f5 all day long ... LOOOOOOOOOOL

1 time per day that's enough

• Like 2

BS_BlackScout

Sat refreshing a page on the Internet waiting for something that isnt confirmed isnt good for anyones santiy, if it gets announced then get hyped! I want LC as much as the next guy

That's why RSS Feeds exist :p You don't even have to open the page.

I insist on repeating this because it's really useful. http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire.rss

Edited by TrustedInstaller
  • Like 3