2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Future DLC Discussion Thread

Octane

^This, I own GTA V for both PS4 and PC, and my PS4 version I considered my "real" GTA O experience, because GTA O on PC is a complete joke with the modders and just free money being handed out 24/7.

Same here, couldn't stand GTAO PC for more than 5 mins, run straight back to PS4 GTAO

On Topic:

As for the trend of returning cities, seeing LC back to GTA5 is more likely then seeing VC or other parts of SA as DLC

Probably VC will be the next city in GTA VI

I disagree.

I have GTA 5 on PC (GTX 970) and running it at 60fps is sublime, and online is not 'full of modders'. They are there, but no where near as much as you'd think.

Having said that, I play GTA 5 90% of the time on PS4. Why? That's where my friends are. It IS jarring switching from PC to PS4 due to the drop in frame rate, but you get used to it after 5 minutes or so. I have no real issue with 30fps, but obviously would prefer 60.

On topic, I think it makes perfect sense to add LC to the current iteration of GTA Online, and obviously SP GTA 5. The groundwork for LC is already there, it's just a matter of upgrading assets and adjusting it to 'fit' into the GTA 5/Online universe.

I would not be surprised if GTA 6 is in early development, and that Rockstar are aiming for 60fps. They will not be shackled by the limitations of last gen. I also wouldn't be surprised if they stick to a 30fps target, as they always want to push the boundaries of what they can fit into the game. Attention to detail is paramount for a GTA game.

@Eyman, Another reason to remake vice city into HD. They already remade Liberty City and now San Andreas.... What's left to finish? Oh that's right, Vice City.

@Sonoflossantos, Location wise? In my opinion I think Vice City is way better looking and cooler than San Andreas, especially downtown if they do it right in HD.

They could do carcer city(chicago) or cottonmouth(Atlanta).

Vice city wouldn't be much of a change of pace honestly. They're both just beaches...

Acording to the wiki Carcer City HD would be based on Philadelphia.

Now about the other cities, for Vice City I could imagine that they massively expand it with all the districts and all having much more to them and feeling different from one another, however doubt it would be DLC as it would make for R* more sense to make a new game with it, same with SF and LV aswell.

However as I explained in the other thread I could imagine SF and LV put together in the same game just like LS and Blaine Country are in GTA V since SF and LV on their own would be a bit stale(more so LV since its in the desert).

As for LC like the others explained, makes most sense to use it as a DLC since it already exists and I doubt R* would use LC as a setting for a new game again.(that is until they switch over to the Ultra HD universe or whatever they come up with)

Edited by Re-Dragon-Cro

I want Liberty City in GTA 5 and Online, it's my favourite GTA city, but I think Los Santos deserves reasonably sized single player DLC because there's a lot more stories that could be told there, the possibilities are endless. Then again, with the Heist update and Lamars missions I suppose they have told a few extra stories in LS but it's not quite the same, as if it were single player. For example, when Lamar was filling us in on what to do in his missions, I wouldn't be a passenger in someones car cartwheeling down a hill if it were single player, in my experience playing missions online with other people takes you out of the story a little bit

Edited by CJPNE

^lol no, the next gen consoles will launch in like what? 5-8 more years?

You better hope they do launch soon, otherwise console peasants are stuck with machines that already cannot run the majority of games at 1080p 60fps.

Console "Peasants" Don't think gaming is a career or lifestyle! Unlike the "Mustard"Racers. They play games for fun and yet some "Mustard"Racers don't realize that Edited by U.N.K.N.O.W.N

I disagree.

I have GTA 5 on PC (GTX 970) and running it at 60fps is sublime, and online is not 'full of modders'. They are there, but no where near as much as you'd think.

Having said that, I play GTA 5 90% of the time on PS4. Why? That's where my friends are. It IS jarring switching from PC to PS4 due to the drop in frame rate, but you get used to it after 5 minutes or so. I have no real issue with 30fps, but obviously would prefer 60.

On topic, I think it makes perfect sense to add LC to the current iteration of GTA Online, and obviously SP GTA 5. The groundwork for LC is already there, it's just a matter of upgrading assets and adjusting it to 'fit' into the GTA 5/Online universe.

I would not be surprised if GTA 6 is in early development, and that Rockstar are aiming for 60fps. They will not be shackled by the limitations of last gen. I also wouldn't be surprised if they stick to a 30fps target, as they always want to push the boundaries of what they can fit into the game. Attention to detail is paramount for a GTA game.

I think Rockstar would not follow 343 industries in trying to push 60 fps. They probably are more concerned with the content not pushing limits, unless they feel like it's time for them to go 60 fps.

I disagree.

I think Rockstar would not follow 343 industries in trying to push 60 fps. They probably are more concerned with the content not pushing limits, unless they feel like it's time for them to go 60 fps.

I've heard PS4 graphics are better than XB1, especially in Grand Theft Auto. Is this true?

I disagree.

I've heard PS4 graphics are better than XB1, especially in Grand Theft Auto. Is this true?

From what I've seen, they're exactly the same. I notice more frame rate and loading issues on PS4 compared to XboxOne.

I posted the below shortly after the launch of the CG version of GTA 5. I bought both versions and tested them:

*They both look very similar – but there is a visual advantage to PS4. When both versions are set to 'full RGB' (or 'PC' in XB1's case), PS4 seems to have slightly better lighting, and more pronounced foliage (ie, more grass textures - significantly so in some areas).

*Frame rate appears to be very close. The PS4 again has a *slight* advantage, as I have noticed the 'juddering' that Digital Foundry talked about with the XB1 when they did their analysis when the game launched last year. It's most noticeable when rotating around your character, or anywhere that the camera rotates fairly quick. HOWEVER;

*The XB1 seems to handle driving fast through traffic better than PS4. There is noticeable judder/dropped frames on PS4 in this scenario (*EDIT* this has since been patched), XB1 is almost always 'smoother' in this regard. PS4 handles intense scenes (explosions etc) better than XB1.

*One odd thing I've noticed when driving in the grass...On XB1, it seems to stutter a bit more (frame drops?) when driving around in it, the PS4 doesn't do this at all.

*The XB1's controller feels a bit more responsive than the DS4, although adjusting the sensitivity in game for the DS4 largely eliminates the advantage to XB1. The DS4's touch pad adds some nice shortcuts - swiping to change radio stations/weapons and also to throw grenades whilst aiming with a weapon.

*Online with both has improved after early issues. I do notice that PS4 lobbies are a bit less laggy than XB1 ones. In the end, it really comes down to your internet connection - but online is not as stable as it is with 360/PS3.

Other than those differences, they are otherwise identical. Trees, textures, pedestrians, etc etc are identical between both systems.

Edited by interfreak

^So what is that supposed to prove?

Look up sales and statistic. lol

I never said no one wanted a LC expansion, I just said I don't think it's right to call LC the "Icon" of GTA.

It's a better map than San Andreas, fact.

Actually, that's not a fact. That's opinion. Fact and opinion are two different things.... fact.

Well Dragoon have stopped leaking.

However he shared with me the GXT strings for the new weapons.

DBSHGN:

DB = Double, SHGN = Shotgun

CMPRIFLE:

CMP = ????

Edited by funmw2

Rockstar NYC are looking for a highly capable and experienced video editor who can capture game footage and edit video game trailers to the highest standard. Must have experience editing high quality trailers in either film, video games, or both. Familiarity with and a passion for games is a MUST. Part of the trailer making process is shooting scenes in a virtual 3D world using proprietary tools. You will need to be not only an editor but a director and cinematographer as well. If you haven’t purchased a video game in the last year or worked on 3D digital animation, this position isn’t for you. This is not a position for the casual gamer. It is one for the tech geek who loves games and has top notch editing skills.

source

http://www.rockstargames.com/careers/position/4a880d65/rockstar-nyc

Rockstar NYC are looking for a highly capable and experienced video editor who can capture game footage and edit video game trailers to the highest standard. Must have experience editing high quality trailers in either film, video games, or both. Familiarity with and a passion for games is a MUST. Part of the trailer making process is shooting scenes in a virtual 3D world using proprietary tools. You will need to be not only an editor but a director and cinematographer as well. If you haven’t purchased a video game in the last year or worked on 3D digital animation, this position isn’t for you. This is not a position for the casual gamer. It is one for the tech geek who loves games and has top notch editing skills.

source

http://www.rockstargames.com/careers/position/4a880d65/rockstar-nyc

This is very old,it was posted March 2014.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/680861-gta-v-next-gen-console-discussion/?p=1065077512

DB= Double Barrel, DBSHGN= Double Barrel Shotgun

CMP= Compact, CMPRIFLE= Compact Rifle

But that's just my guess.

Well, you found the name for the new rifle.

"weapon_compactrifle" = 0x624FE830

Well Dragoon have stopped leaking.

However he shared with me the GXT strings for the new weapons.

DBSHGN:

DB = Double, SHGN = Shotgun

CMPRIFLE:

CMP = ????

Isn't the Assault Rifle SMG coming with Lowriders 2? It should be ARSMG. What's CMPRIFLE?

"Compact Rifle", thanks to @saikolemon guess.

Edited by funmw2

Compact Rifle sounds right. After all it is the "Compact" version of the already existing Assault Rifle aka the AK aka the Norinco Type. But, my question still stands, what happened to the name "Assault Rifle SMG?"

I guess that's the beta name for it.

They have changed it to "Compact Rifle".

Compact Rifle sounds right. After all it is the "Compact" version of the already existing Assault Rifle aka the AK aka the Norinco Type. But, my question still stands, what happened to the name "Assault Rifle SMG?"

I guess that's the beta name for it.

They have changed it to "Compact Rifle".

most likely for Lowriders 2