2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Future DLC Discussion Thread

Octane

DevilDaRebel

^ I already addressed that, it would make more sense to add Las Venturas and San Fierro into the game now than LC.

@sonoflossantos, I guess they could add Chicago, but in perspective... what's the difference between Chicago and NYC? They're both just big citys with gangbanging and mafia violence.... See?

What could they do with vice city? I mean, a modern day rendition of it? Its not the 80's anymore. Things aren't the same. I honestly think it wouldnt be as interesting.

I've thought about that a lot too, but I think they could play off that. Show the whole disco Miami Vice look of Vice City, but old and ruined, with a few ultra modern resorts next to classic Vice City hotels in need of paint. Classy upper class mansion neighborhoods across a bridge from ghettos and slums, and an airboat ride away from hillbillies living out in the swamps. I think it could be good.

It would be awesome if they included Cape Canaveral Air Force Station with all the NASA stuff represented.

CW0pxkqWEAA2RSN.jpg

Edited by TCMike
  • Like 2

Liberty City is NOT an icon of GTA, say what you want. But we all know the most popular GTA and the most known GTA which increased sales and caused the most controversy was San Andreas. that's the true GTA Icon, not to mention people were begging to make the next GTA in San Andreas a few years after IV was dropped. The next GTA game is definitely is going to be based on Vice City.

and before anyone says "But duuuurr hurrr Rockstar has made three Liberty City games." So what? They have also made 2 Vice City's, and for all we know it could had been Vice City IV, instead of Liberty City IV if the rotation was the other way around.

l45IXNil.jpg

DevilDaRebel

^So what is that supposed to prove?

Look up sales and statistic. lol

I never said no one wanted a LC expansion, I just said I don't think it's right to call LC the "Icon" of GTA.

Edited by -Velox

I never said no one wanted a LC expansion, I just said I don't think it's right to call LC the "Icon" of GTA.

Both SA and LC are the most iconic cities in GTA. VC was good for it's time, but nowadays is boring.
  • Like 2

DevilDaRebel

Well, aside from the fact that the only City's ever featured in GTA was LC, SA and VC.... Not counting the original GTA's.

You can't say VC is boring nowadays without even going back to it. let alone if you don't live in Miami, like I do... MIAMI boring? HAHR HAR HARH AHR. No. seriously lol.

Edited by -Velox

It's a better map than San Andreas, fact.

• Like 1

If you want something REALLY fresh, Atlanta is the spot.

here is what i suggest would be be best for the future of The GTA Franchise (this is my opinion) with each one having its own GTA Online World. Which rockstar may even charge in the future and the only thing transferable is probably your character.

GTA IV - Liberty City

GTA V - Los Santos

GTA VI -Vice City

GTA VII -San Fierro

GTA VIII -Las Venturas

GTA IX -All in One

clearly you will need a huge amount of power to make all the cities combined so my guess GTA IX would be on late PS5 or PS6 or Xbox whatever they name it

But im just speculating what would happen in 18 years from now (sounds weird) about in the YEAR 2033 when all this will probably happen. but you never know what could happen to GTA

I made previous assumptions about this in the past. But this is a WILD guess. its too early

Edited by eyman

Well, technically Liberty City was featured in the most games.

GTA 1, GTA 3, GTA 4, GTA LCS, GTA Chintown wars, cameo in GTA SA. Also TBOGT and TLAD DLCs.

San Andreas was in....

GTA 1, GTA SA, and GTA V

Vice City was in....

GTA 1, GTA VC, GTA VCS

Not sure what city GTA Advance was set in. Then there is the Future City in GTA 2. Then you have the two London games.

So yeah, I'm going to agree that Liberty is the defining city of the series.

Although I do think that my favorite city, Vice City, is going to be the next game's setting.

GTA V made more money than GTA IV, which made more money than GTA SA, which made more than GTA VC, which made more than GTA III, etc. etc. So what? That's the order of things. How much do you want to bet GTA VI breaks a sales record?

But regardless, it is possible for the game to have multiple icons. Liberty City is synonymous with GTA. I personally prefer SA, but the first images to pop into my mind are of LC.

Edited by TCMike

GTA 1, GTA 3, GTA 4, GTA LCS, GTA Chintown wars, cameo in GTA SA. Also TBOGT and TLAD DLCs.

San Andreas was in....

GTA 1, GTA SA, and GTA V

Vice City was in....

GTA 1, GTA VC, GTA VCS

Not sure what city GTA Advance was set in. Then there is the Future City in GTA 2. Then you have the two London games.

Although I do think that my favorite city, Vice City, is going to be the next game's setting.

GTA Advance was set in LC, years before GTA 3's story.
  • Like 3

DevilDaRebel

^wow, I didn't realize how many GTA featured Liberty City... I guess you proved me wrong Mach.

Also I don't know why, but for some reason quoting is broken for me. I guess it depends on the person, when I think GTA I think San Andreas. and no, LC was my first game. LCS to be specific.

Edited by -Velox
  • Like 2

San Andreas was in....

GTA 1, GTA SA, and GTA V

Vice City was in....

GTA 1, GTA VC, GTA VCS

I think Advanced was in LC.

^wow, I didn't realize how many GTA featured Liberty City... I guess you proved me wrong Mach.

Regardless, you are all correct. LC, VC, and SA are all the icons of the GTA series. Most average players have no idea London was even a GTA game. I do think Vice City is coming, whether it be the next game or an Update for online.

Is everyone still going on about the LC thing?

There was no evidence except an uneasy statement by a known leaker who wasn't sure if it was going to happen.

Stop hyping it up so much, if you does come out you'll be disappointed.

There was no evidence except an uneasy statement by a known leaker who wasn't sure if it was going to happen.

He wasn't sure about an announcement this week, not about LC. He said that some coding was found months ago regarding a city expansion.

There is never any real evidence. And even when there is (dragoons leak), people still don't believe it. Speculation is just that, speculation. It is ok to be hyped. It is ok to be excited. Even if it ends up in disappointment, we still love to imagine would might possibly come to fruition.

Edited by Mach1bud

Yes, and don't think that leaker left us in the dust, he posts here too. Just a couple pages back he said that his source seemed to be wrong and said that he will try to get more pictures.

Edited by the_sniper_29

He wasn't sure about an announcement this week, not about LC. He said that some coding was found months ago regarding a city expansion.

Correction "going to happen this week"

What coding was there? Anyone have specific stuff they can show? I'm curious.

IceHeartache

I think Liberty City is better than Los Santos, i don't know, but i think is because the New York city have more city life, and not just the interiors, the entire city feels like a maze, in LS all feels so open

In GTA Sa we have 3 citys, and still LS was so open, but we can move to SF or LV and the atmosfere change SF have the maze city feeling and LV feels a little like Liberty City , and that make the game more fun and enjoyable

I would be fully willing to pay for a DLC , that regain that feeling

• Like 2

Correction "going to happen this week"

What coding was there? Anyone have specific stuff they can show? I'm curious.

Thanks for the correction. Funmw2 stated this on another post:

They're game developers, it's not like it's the hardest thing in the world.

From what I've heard SP DLC is planned from 2012.

LC is part of SP DLC.

According to my source, SP DLC can be classified as a new game.

Even coding from 1.13/1.14 updates prove that it will be massive.

How massive?

I've been told that it's "massive" and I don't know how "massive".

From the coding, they're working on two DLCs.

One DLC will feature 23 new SP missions and 12 new assassinations missions.

However the coding is from 1.13 update (May 2014), I assume alot of things has been changed.

• Like 3

Well, aside from the fact that the only City's ever featured in GTA was LC, SA and VC.... Not counting the original GTA's.

And San Fierro and Las Venturas.

Dr.Huge Poop

How long do you think current gen. consoles will last before being replaced by NG of consoles?

Hopefully the next gen of consoles launch in 2017 with fall 2016 having a reveal event, current gen consoles are already out of juice.

DevilDaRebel

^lol no, the next gen consoles will launch in like what? 5-8 more years?

• Like 2

TacitusKilgore

How long do you think current gen. consoles will last before being replaced by NG of consoles?

Hopefully the next gen of consoles launch in 2017 with fall 2016 having a reveal event, current gen consoles are already out of juice. You do know last gen lasted 8-10 years right? Current gen has only been out for 2 years. We won't see a new PlayStation or Xbox for another 6-8 years. Why would the PS4 and XBONE be out of juice already? Are they not more powerful then the last gen?
  • Like 3

Hopefully the next gen of consoles launch in 2017 with fall 2016 having a reveal event, current gen consoles are already out of juice.

PS4 have just unlock the 7th processors....(while XB1 unlocked it earlier) so... More juice to come?

Dr.Huge Poop

You better hope they do launch soon, otherwise console peasants are stuck with machines that already cannot run the majority of games at 1080p 60fps.

Edited by Dr.Huge Poop

You better hope they do launch soon, otherwise console peasants are stuck with machines that already cannot run the majority of games at 1080p 60fps.

Most console gamers, including me, don't really care for the frames per second. I own GTA V on PC and Xbox One, and I honestly prefer the Xbox One since it is a bit more stable and lacks modders. GTA V on PC running 60 FPS and 1440p looks nice, but feels a little to real for my liking.

• Like 1

DevilDaRebel

^This, I own GTA V for both PS4 and PC, and my PS4 version I considered my "real" GTA O experience, because GTA O on PC is a complete joke with the modders and just free money being handed out 24/7.