2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Future DLC Discussion Thread

Octane

shadowoperative

I don't honestly see how people can actually think that R* would put Liberty City, An entire nother fleshed out city, into the game when they can't even add in a small town like North Yankton. OR more enterable building in LS for starters, lol. That thinking must be beyond me or something, i don't care who leaked it, it's dumb af

No-one said (or knows) it'd be an entirely fleshed out new city. Could just be a small portion of it for selected missions/jobs, a bit like North Yankton.

They've also done this in one of the previous games, there was a mission that you went back to the city from the last game, set an ignition bomb on some dude's car in a restaurant car park. It may have been Vice City and you returned to Liberty City to do the deed.

It was San Andreas. Mission was called Saint Marks Bistro.

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/Saint_Mark's_Bistro

bro u sound stupid. I don't see why r* wont. Say it's a seamless transition from GTAV to GTA6..so until god knows when.. we are supposed to play in ls? WACKKKKKK! if u pay attention yu would kno that putting the implementation of another city won't be that hard. They already have the city, gta 5 & 4 run on same engine, a few tweeks and taddah!!. Alot of sh*t was cut or put on hold because last gen. Maps. Expansion are almost in every game. R* said in 2014 a story mode dlc was coming. They don't let down. Greatness takes time!!!!

You said someone sounded stupid. Then I analyzed your grammar. Then I realized you were stupid.

QuietstormTHC

I really hope they return to every city thus far on Next Gen a modern miami, revamped newyork, etc. I'm not a fan of Yankton at all tho seems too hillbilly for me but cmon ROCKSTARGAMES

I don't honestly see how people can actually think that R* would put Liberty City, An entire nother fleshed out city, into the game when they can't even add in a small town like North Yankton. OR more enterable building in LS for starters, lol. That thinking must be beyond me or something, i don't care who leaked it, it's dumb af

No-one said (or knows) it'd be an entirely fleshed out new city. Could just be a small portion of it for selected missions/jobs, a bit like North Yankton.

They've also done this in one of the previous games, there was a mission that you went back to the city from the last game, set an ignition bomb on some dude's car in a restaurant car park. It may have been Vice City and you returned to Liberty City to do the deed.

bro u sound stupid. I don't see why r* wont. Say it's a seamless transition from GTAV to GTA6..so until god knows when.. we are supposed to play in ls? WACKKKKKK! if u pay attention yu would kno that putting the implementation of another city won't be that hard. They already have the city, gta 5 & 4 run on same engine, a few tweeks and taddah!!. Alot of sh*t was cut or put on hold because last gen. Maps. Expansion are almost in every game. R* said in 2014 a story mode dlc was coming. They don't let down. Greatness takes time!!!!You said someone sounded stupid. Then I analyzed your grammar. Then I realized you were stupid. you worry about grammar NERD. I'm going to worry about getting my point across.

shadowoperative

I really hope they return to every city thus far on Next Gen a modern miami, revamped newyork, etc. I'm not a fan of Yankton at all tho seems too hillbilly for me but cmon ROCKSTARGAMES

bro u sound stupid. I don't see why r* wont. Say it's a seamless transition from GTAV to GTA6..so until god knows when.. we are supposed to play in ls? WACKKKKKK! if u pay attention yu would kno that putting the implementation of another city won't be that hard. They already have the city, gta 5 & 4 run on same engine, a few tweeks and taddah!!. Alot of sh*t was cut or put on hold because last gen. Maps. Expansion are almost in every game. R* said in 2014 a story mode dlc was coming. They don't let down. Greatness takes time!!!!You said someone sounded stupid. Then I analyzed your grammar. Then I realized you were stupid. you worry about grammar NERD. I'm going to worry about getting my point across.

Well you failed. Epically.

bro u sound stupid. I don't see why r* wont. Say it's a seamless transition from GTAV to GTA6..so until god knows when.. we are supposed to play in ls? WACKKKKKK! if u pay attention yu would kno that putting the implementation of another city won't be that hard. They already have the city, gta 5 & 4 run on same engine, a few tweeks and taddah!!. Alot of sh*t was cut or put on hold because last gen. Maps. Expansion are almost in every game. R* said in 2014 a story mode dlc was coming. They don't let down. Greatness takes time!!!!
You said someone sounded stupid. Then I analyzed your grammar. Then I realized you were stupid.you worry about grammar NERD. I'm going to worry about getting my point across.

Your grammar was so bad that no one can work out the point you are trying to make.

• Like 7

There is a notice about Liberty City :

Is the annoucement about LC is out yet ?

- Yes

- No -> Then next week

Edited by iPeluche
  • Like 1

I'd like to see more NPC interaction. Maybe the "Concealed Carry" DLC . Pedestrians will persue you more often/eccentrically.

I guess it's not going to happen in January... I'm still hoping for some sort of a trailer roughly showcasing updates of the future. A little sneak peek would be nice too.

Everybody played III, Vice City, San Andreas and IV with one city and had no major qualms with it. Now since we've focused on online so much, we automatically need a new city to breath new life into this game? Sh*t, back in my day if you got tired of a city in a game, you found new sh*t to like about it. Drove around, found new spots, and all kinds of things. We don't NEED a new city added to the game. Would it be cool? Sh*t, yeah it would. Y'all need to stop acting like LC absolutely needs to come and that the world's gonna end if it doesn't. Sure LS is two years old, but I know for a fact there are players who don't know LS that well. I feel like this a one sided hostage negotiation without the hostages.

GTAO players: "Rockstar, give us LC or else!"

Rockstar: "Or else what?"

GTAO players: "Or else... Or else... We'll just keep bitching about it until it comes!"

Way I see it, there isn't much proof it's coming. So why not just stick to sh*t we know is coming, like Lowriders Part Two?

• Like 2

Everybody played III, Vice City, San Andreas and IV with one city and had no major qualms with it. Now since we've focused on online so much, we automatically need a new city to breath new life into this game? Sh*t, back in my day if you got tired of a city in a game, you found new sh*t to like about it. Drove around, found new spots, and all kinds of things. We don't NEED a new city added to the game. Would it be cool? Sh*t, yeah it would. Y'all need to stop acting like LC absolutely needs to come and that the world's gonna end if it doesn't. Sure LS is two years old, but I know for a fact there are players who don't know LS that well. I feel like this a one sided hostage negotiation without the hostages.

GTAO players: "Rockstar, give us LC or else!"

Rockstar: "Or else what?"

GTAO players: "Or else... Or else... We'll just keep bitching about it until it comes!"

Way I see it, there isn't much proof it's coming. So why not just stick to sh*t we know is coming, like Lowriders Part Two?

People didn't get tired because we got GTA 3 Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas State (Los Santos,San Fierro, Las Venturas) in just 3 Years (2001-2004). Meanwhile we have had only GTA IV's Liberty City and GTA V's Los Santos in 7 Years, Now can you see why people have become bored?

Going back to Liberty City will be a move in the right direction for R*, after LR2 would make sense maybe.

Edited by eyman

How is it a right direction to go back to a place (even if it's remastered to new-gen Los Santos standards) which we got incredibly bored of between 2008-2013?

I'm not saying I wouldn't like it but the magic would wear off really quickly. And GTA V was supposed to be about the West Coast anyway, so a San Andreas based expansion would make more sense. Maybe that's coming as well later on? Lol.

How is it a right direction to go back to a place (even if it's remastered to new-gen Los Santos standards) which we got incredibly bored of between 2008-2013?

I'm not saying I wouldn't like it but the magic would wear off really quickly. And GTA V was supposed to be about the West Coast anyway, so a San Andreas based expansion would make more sense. Maybe that's coming as well later on? Lol.

Whether it would wear off or not really quickly isn't the case, the same has been happening with every update for GTA V. What i mean is that a lot of people want this DLC like myself and yourself and would definitely make people come back. and who knows they may have changed it from IV's LC, giving it new life. Only Rockstar are 100% sure. if people still dont want LC there is not long before GTA 6 now anyway, where you can expect a new map.

Edited by eyman
  • Like 1

Wait, did someone just call me stupid?

• Like 3

R* made noises about expanding GTA Online until it's a whole world of maps. If they were even remotely serious about that, then it makes sense to brush off the GTA IV Liberty City map and add it online.

When can we expect GTA VI to drop? I keep hearing the year 2020 thrown around. Will it be based in LC? Almost certainly not. So when will the next all new GTA game with an all new Liberty City be released? 2030? 2040? Truth is, if R* don't add the current LC map to online now, then it may never get added. And Liberty City is an icon of the GTA franchise. I doubt R* will leave it out of GTA Online, which has become their baby project lately.

They tried to make it clear over and over before launch that the story mode and online are two separate entities and repeatedly spoke of that being the reason that its called gta online and not gta V online (so as not to tie online exclusively to LS).

Its never been a doubt in my mind since the pre-release interviews and promotional articles that expansion would be happening.

I think that they have a plan which is being slowly executed but with loose timelines in order to be able to iron out problems along the way.

No idea when its going to drop but its interesting that all of this stuff happened in the last few weeks because it was only a few weeks earlier that I'd been talking about LC and when it will be added with a friend. I think we have reached the natural point in time that an add on of that size would be a great thing and it just all feels like this has been almost subconsciously triggered by the sequence of firstly remembering those pre release words and secondly the shift onto current gen and the bigger updates which have emerged since.

In all I think they have a lot of 'nearly finished' material thet they are just sitting on and waiting for specific times to release.

Edited by mkjah222

DevilDaRebel

Liberty City is NOT an icon of GTA, say what you want. But we all know the most popular GTA and the most known GTA which increased sales and caused the most controversy was San Andreas. that's the true GTA Icon, not to mention people were begging to make the next GTA in San Andreas a few years after IV was dropped. The next GTA game is definitely is going to be based on Vice City.

and before anyone says "But duuuurr hurrr Rockstar has made three Liberty City games." So what? They have also made 2 Vice City's, and for all we know it could had been Vice City IV, instead of Liberty City IV if the rotation was the other way around.

Edited by -Velox

If V was all about the West Coast, wouldn't San Fierro or Las Venturas make more sense than Liberty City? If it was just for a few missions in single player but the whole of LC? For what? What would they do possibly do? Trevor, Michael and Franklin have no connection to anyone or any part of Liberty City, and aside from Trevor killing Johnny K, what would he go there to do? Fully wipe out the Lost? And aside from whoever saves Sonny Botino's daughter, I don't see what the appeal would be. Sure, new city, could mean a refresh of LC but yeah... I'll stick to Online. Lowriders 2 is what I'm looking forward to.

What could they do with vice city? I mean, a modern day rendition of it? Its not the 80's anymore. Things aren't the same. I honestly think it wouldnt be as interesting.

@irish Franklin's cousin lives with badman and little jacob in LC.

Edited by SonofLosSantos
  • Like 2

DevilDaRebel

Same could be said with GTA V, what could of they have done with San andreas? It's not the 90's anymore and gangbanging ain't what it used to be. In fact, there was almost NO gangbanging in V, just bullsh*t typical movie stereotype nonsense action. Also what good would it do to back to a city we WHERE JUST IN, and after IV, the newest GTA was LIBERTY CITY STORIES.... I mean.. come on, I'm tired of the dark gloomy weather of the streets of NYC. Take me to beautiful sunset of Vice City, with the beautiful girls in south beach.

Edited by -Velox
  • Like 3

Can people please acknowledge that LC is already made in the HD version unlike other desired maps in the GTA Universe. Thanks in Advance.

Edited by eyman
  • Like 2

The game is not for you only. There are a few other players. Fact is, Liberty City is a very popular and an excellent map.

• Like 2

Same could be said with GTA V, what could of they have done with San andreas? It's not the 90's anymore and gangbanging ain't what it used to be. In fact, there was almost NO gangbanging in V, just bullsh*t typical movie stereotype nonsense action.

Whats the real difference between vice city and san andreas? I mean, location wise? They're both tropical water based locations.

DevilDaRebel

@Eyman, Another reason to remake vice city into HD. They already remade Liberty City and now San Andreas.... What's left to finish? Oh that's right, Vice City.

@Sonoflossantos, Location wise? In my opinion I think Vice City is way better looking and cooler than San Andreas, especially downtown if they do it right in HD.

Also... Vice City isn't a desert. lol

Edited by -Velox

@Eyman, Another reason to remake vice city into HD. They already remade Liberty City and now San Andreas.... What's left to finish? Oh that's right, Vice City.

If you are referring to GTA 6, that is most likely. However if you are referring to GTA V DLC, that is unlikely.

DevilDaRebel

^ I think for a DLC it would be more logical to put in Las Venturas and San fierro first, But... Now that I think about it, didn't they add a mission in San Andreas where you traveled to Liberty City? So I could see LC being added into a DLC in Online.

@Sonoflossantos, Location wise? In my opinion I think Vice City is way better looking and cooler than San Andreas, especially downtown if they do it right in HD.

They could do carcer city(chicago) or cottonmouth(Atlanta).

Vice city wouldn't be much of a change of pace honestly. They're both just beaches...

You're forgetting about Las Venturas and San Fierro.

You're forgetting about Las Venturas and San Fierro.

He already mentioned those.