1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Future DLC Discussion Thread

Octane

The reason why it won't happen is as follows. They bring out a new set of cars, for people to want to purchase them they will have to be faster and stronger than anything in their class.

While it would increase sales if the cars were the best in their respective class, it doesn't have to be that way. I know a lot of people who love classic cars and would buy them regardless of performance. I don't think R* would ever want to create a pay-2-win system with GTA online. There are already exclusive cars in the game, like the Collectors Edition cars on last gen and the Returning Players cars on new gen. None of them are the best in their classes, but they were still highly desirable.

I would be willing to pay for content, this is the only game that hasnt asked me to pay for it

As far as splitting the player base goes i have to laugh....all cod titles make you pay for the DLC some have it some dont, either way there is always enough of the haves and have nots to find a lobby and start playing

ok say 30% of the GTA community doesn't mind paying for it but 70% still wants it for free who you think they're going to go with? I can guarantee that answer would be with the majority of the community. From the way it sounds you guys think that paying for content will make a difference in the type of DLC is released. And another thing there's no way that content would be $5 if I would have to guess I would say probably right around about $15 to $20. Now ask yourself would you be willing to pay $20 every month for DLC? Just think about it just spent $20 then when you get in the game you realize all the stuff you want is going to cost you 6 million in game you only have $800,000. Now you have to grind missions or heists until you can get use out of the money you just spent for that DLC. And I know you're going to say well if you buy the DLC they should make it where you don't have to pay the money for it in game the problem with that is they would have to restructure the whole entire game.

Lets think about how rockstar has set up DLC thus far........

they give us the DLC for free, but when we get the new DLC it costs us ingame money we have to earn by playing the game or we have to go buy a sharkcard to get the ingame money, i would bet you $1000 bucks against a rusty nail that rockstar hopes the bigger portion of us will buy a sharkcard.

I have been playing since day 1 so bare with me, IF the DLC rockstar has released so far had been paid DLC, the only DLC release i would have been willing to pay for would have been heists, because i could earn the money to buy ithe rest(cars clothing weapons ect) while playing, heist would give me more ways to make money so it worth paying for (for Me)

If the DLC was paid DLC either as a package of cars weapons ect, or as individual items then those items would most probably be yours to use once you made the DLC purchase, because they earned money from it and there would be no need to sale the sharkcard to keep funding the game and the (not saying they would do away with sharkcards but it would NOT be the primary source of revenue after the sale of the game) and NO they would not have to restructure the game ...remember when the beachbum pack was released the items were free.....all they would have to do is sit the cost at zero which is what they did for a long while

Think about the DLC we have gotten so far Cars, Weapons, Clothing....all of these DLC items were designed to make us spend ingame money

Now lets go back in time when GTA5 was in development with a bunch of guys and gals sitting around throwing ideals out on how to keep this game going and keep making money for several years after its release

after some time they DLC system we have on GTA5 was agreed upon....FREE DLC that has to be purchased using ingame money, Then sell the player ingame money=sharkcard

its a good system and i cant think of any other games that use this system

But one thing really put a damper on that was hackers/glitches ......How many times did you read on the news wire that hacking and glitching was destroying the ingame economy....this was not the economy of the players vs other players it was the revenue lost from sharkcard sales

this dependency on sharkcard sales has hampered DLC, because of the hacking or glitching ....Look at how long we waited on heists...Rockstar said they were harder to add than they thought they would be........well we got them, but really all they were was missions tied together in kind of a playlist fashion .........if you added cut scenes to the Mission The Los Santos Connection you would have a heist

It wasnt that it was that hard to add them....they had to patch holes and combat hackers .........if we could see the projected revenue charts from shark card sales during the early or first billionaire days I would bet it was not even 10% of what they had thought it would be.......

As a player I Like GTA Online, But i like the whole game not just Freemode, I like the Missions, the Races, The Death Matches, Hell i even do Tennis and Golf and Arm wrestle and play darts ......and i dont think of it as grinding, To me its fun if i need a couple million or more to buy something, its not a problem i just play the game the way i enjoy it..doing all the jobs and mission ect, and yes i do take a break and just play in freemode...

Where would we be today if Rockstar had taken a different approach to keep the money coming in like charging for all the DLC and not requiring ingame money to buy it after the sale....who knows

I partly agree with you, but Heists indeed were more than just a playlist of Missions, they had each one or more special vehicles in them, they had different aproaches and missions for different players as I allready explained above, R* wasnt lieng when they said Heists were a "tremendous undertaking" they indeed were more than just missions they were all very well designed and complete and high quality, there is a reason R* doesnt want to do more of them.

I didnt mean to imply they were low quality or that it wasnt "hard" only that more resources had to be redirected back to patch holes and combat hackers to keep the after the sale money coming in , which might not have been such a priority if the the DLC system had been different

The reason why it won't happen is as follows. They bring out a new set of cars, for people to want to purchase them they will have to be faster and stronger than anything in their class.

While it would increase sales if the cars were the best in their respective class, it doesn't have to be that way. I know a lot of people who love classic cars and would buy them regardless of performance. I don't think R* would ever want to create a pay-2-win system with GTA online. There are already exclusive cars in the game, like the Collectors Edition cars on last gen and the Returning Players cars on new gen. None of them are the best in their classes, but they were still highly desirable.

Completely agree. I could care less if cars are top of their class. Is that a nice perk? (Looking at you Stirling GT) Sure it is. Would still have bought all the cars I have even if the fast ones werent so fast.

Completely agree. I could care less if cars are top of their class. Is that a nice perk? (Looking at you Stirling GT) Sure it is. Would still have bought all the cars I have even if the fast ones werent so fast.

Desirable yes but how many people bought the collectors addition just for the cars? You got everything else included within the pack for the additional price tag.

The returning player cars were a bonus but not the reason for buying the game again.

If you were buying an update just for the exclusive use of a few cars you'd want them to be the best in their class otherwise why bother.

DLC is always about the shark cards

I would be willing to pay for content, this is the only game that hasnt asked me to pay for it

As far as splitting the player base goes i have to laugh....all cod titles make you pay for the DLC some have it some dont, either way there is always enough of the haves and have nots to find a lobby and start playing
ok say 30% of the GTA community doesn't mind paying for it but 70% still wants it for free who you think they're going to go with? I can guarantee that answer would be with the majority of the community. From the way it sounds you guys think that paying for content will make a difference in the type of DLC is released. And another thing there's no way that content would be $5 if I would have to guess I would say probably right around about $15 to $20. Now ask yourself would you be willing to pay $20 every month for DLC? Just think about it just spent $20 then when you get in the game you realize all the stuff you want is going to cost you 6 million in game you only have $800,000. Now you have to grind missions or heists until you can get use out of the money you just spent for that DLC. And I know you're going to say well if you buy the DLC they should make it where you don't have to pay the money for it in game the problem with that is they would have to restructure the whole entire game.

they give us the DLC for free, but when we get the new DLC it costs us ingame money we have to earn by playing the game or we have to go buy a sharkcard to get the ingame money, i would bet you $1000 bucks against a rusty nail that rockstar hopes the bigger portion of us will buy a sharkcard.

It's always been about the shark cards. Rockstar is part of a public company listed, share holders want profits. Even the latest freemode DLC is about sharkcards. Prime example is criminal damage, even if you win, the reward for first place will not even come close to your ammo costs.

It's always been about the shark cards. Rockstar is part of a public company listed, share holders want profits. Even the latest freemode DLC is about sharkcards. Prime example is criminal damage, even if you win, the reward for first place will not even come close to your ammo costs.

that's why i Call in my hydra for that
  • Like 1

Desirable yes but how many people bought the collectors addition just for the cars? You got everything else included within the pack for the additional price tag.

The returning player cars were a bonus but not the reason for buying the game again.

If you were buying an update just for the exclusive use of a few cars you'd want them to be the best in their class otherwise why bother.

I'm not disagreeing with you entirely. If the cars were the best in their class, sales would be higher. But not everyone is that focused on performance alone. I consider myself to be a huge car nut and would definitely pay real money, within reason, for cool new cars. According to Broughy, I only own the best car in 3 classes. Performance is important to me, but not the be-all-end-all. I'm sure R* could release awesome new cars while making sure the performance is maybe top-3, and they would be popular.

I know a ton of players who want a clean voodoo, Vice City Cheetah, and a spoilerless Comet, just to name a few, who would probably pay a few bucks even though they wouldn't be best-in-class.

I want an update that actually fixes the problems that are currently happening. I don't care about new stuff I just want day one problems fixed finally.

PX3Z1ZX.png

How about using a buzzard or tank?

No ammo cost at all, but I guess thinking isnt your strongest ability right?

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Did he really just say that? Okay, so everything has to be faster and sharper so that the little kiddies can have a new ultimate racing toy. The last ultimate racer becomes useless. Kids always gotta have the newest bestest thing, right? Who the f*ck wants that? Are you serious?

I agree with you, I don't give a f*ck about racing or 0-60 times. I just want a good car regardless of the performance just as long as it's engaging to drive.

I bought the Collectors Edition just for the Hotknife and bought the game on PS4 just for the Dukes. Hotknife is far from the best Muscle car and I knew it would be like that before I made my purchase.

You are very incorrect. I would pay money for the right cars, and they would not have to be best in class. Actually I would almost rather they not be. All the most fun cars are slow (Slamvan, Rat Truck, etc).

Give me an old rusty rat rod, a nomad, a clean Voodoo, hell, any classic car. As long as it looks right, sounds right, and handles like it's on ice, I would pay for it. Why bother? Because I love those cars. Now of course I don't speak for the majority, but f*ck the majority.

• Like 3

I bought the Collectors Edition just for the Hotknife and bought the game on PS4 just for the Dukes. Hotknife is far from the best Muscle car and I knew it would be like that before I made my purchase.

You are very incorrect. I would pay money for the right cars, and they would not have to be best in class. Actually I would almost rather they not be. All the most fun cars are slow (Slamvan, Rat Truck, etc).

Give me an old rusty rat rod, a nomad, a clean Voodoo, hell, any classic car. As long as it looks right, sounds right, and handles like it's on ice, I would pay for it. Why bother? Because I love those cars. Now of course I don't speak for the majority, but f*ck the majority.

Your last line confirms it, yes there are a few who would but the majority don't. The majority don't even look at these forums. The average squeaker who is going to be spending his hard given pocket money is the largest portion of the player base. These are the backwards driving Zentorno wankers who just want the fastest and the quickest vehicles. If they don't buy the DLC then the cost of development won't be worth it.

I would pay money for the right cars

There is one car i would pay like 30$ for to have it on PS4.

Pontiac grand prix stock cars from Destruction Derby 2 as Hotring racers in GTA V.

2m5idz8.png

Edited by HeavyDuke

MRM95Jb.png

Gnocchi Flip Flops

How about this, guys? Rockstar does whatever the f*ck they want. f*ck the majority. f*ck the minority. Whatever they decide to do they do. That's how things used to be but after IV it got f*cked up. Time to go back to being original and doing what they feel is best. I take back my later assumption that they were doing what they felt like doing because clearly they're just trying to market towards the more impressionable audience which just so happens to be the majority.

I don't feel like they've done what they wanted for the most part. Everybody is nutting over super cars so they do them. But is that what they really want?

Edited by Scaglietti

I don't feel like they've done what they wanted for the most part. Everybody is nutting over super cars so they do them. But is that what they really want?

I'm not to happy about R*'s idea of fun cars to drive. Panto's, sh*tty Glendale instead of the good old American classic Glendale ect.

MRM95Jb.png

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I did like the Glendale they gave us but they knew we wanted a classic American sedan. Not a German one. It's like they feel they have to give us something a bit different or else people will complain. Yeah f*ckin right, no we won't. Give me an old Cheetah and Windsor and I'll be more than happy. Happier than getting new cars with old nakes slapped on them. The name means jack sh*t to me. Slap it on a newer car and I'll hate it depending on what it is.

Give me a f*cking Ferrari 458 Italia, Rockstar. I don't care if you don't read this - I will post here every now and then with exactly the same thing until you give me a cocking Ferrari 458 Italia, Rockstar. Get on that sh*t, Rockstar.

• Like 1

rh498Js.png

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I just want a flamethrower. Should've been in the game from the start. Funnest weapon and it has yet to return. Boggles my mind.

yeah Well we don't give a sh*t about that

Be nice, this is the most actual effort BossFTW has put into researching a GTAO thread.

• Like 2

MrBoss I don't like your videos, but damn, I love how you deal with the haters on here. I think it's funny as sh*t.

• Like 4

yeah Well we don't give a sh*t about that

I think you should because they might tease something in it.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Why would we care about that, MrBossFTW? Part 3? I thought you were talking about a DLC. Got my hopes up for no reason.