1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Future DLC Discussion Thread

Octane

Am I the only one who would willing pay for updates? Five bucks, one every month, bring some very different content to the table each time?

I would be willing to pay for content, this is the only game that hasnt asked me to pay for it

As far as splitting the player base goes i have to laugh....all cod titles make you pay for the DLC some have it some dont, either way there is always enough of the haves and have nots to find a lobby and start playing

ok say 30% of the GTA community doesn't mind paying for it but 70% still wants it for free who you think they're going to go with? I can guarantee that answer would be with the majority of the community. From the way it sounds you guys think that paying for content will make a difference in the type of DLC is released. And another thing there's no way that content would be $5 if I would have to guess I would say probably right around about $15 to $20. Now ask yourself would you be willing to pay $20 every month for DLC? Just think about it just spent $20 then when you get in the game you realize all the stuff you want is going to cost you 6 million in game you only have $800,000. Now you have to grind missions or heists until you can get use out of the money you just spent for that DLC. And I know you're going to say well if you buy the DLC they should make it where you don't have to pay the money for it in game the problem with that is they would have to restructure the whole entire game. Edited by cadpimp1207

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Am I the only one who would willing pay for updates? Five bucks, one every month, bring some very different content to the table each time?

I would be willing to pay for content, this is the only game that hasnt asked me to pay for it

As far as splitting the player base goes i have to laugh....all cod titles make you pay for the DLC some have it some dont, either way there is always enough of the haves and have nots to find a lobby and start playing

ok say 30% of the GTA community doesn't mind paying for it but 70% still wants it for free who you think they're going to go with? I can guarantee that answer would be with the majority of the community. From the way it sounds you guys think that paying for content will make a difference in the type of DLC is released.It probably would make a difference. That's the point.

ok say 30% of the GTA community doesn't mind paying for it but 70% still wants it for free who you think they're going to go with? I can guarantee that answer would be with the majority of the community. From the way it sounds you guys think that paying for content will make a difference in the type of DLC is released.
It probably would make a difference. That's the point.

No it wouldnt,

according to R* all V team is working on Online, and honestly I dont think R* will and can bear more resources on Online.

I am allmost certain the power of Next Gen and R*s experience with Online now, will improve on DLC quality significantly.

I dont think money is an issue in this case.

ok say 30% of the GTA community doesn't mind paying for it but 70% still wants it for free who you think they're going to go with? I can guarantee that answer would be with the majority of the community. From the way it sounds you guys think that paying for content will make a difference in the type of DLC is released.

No it wouldnt,

according to R* all V team is working on Online, and honestly I dont think R* will and can bear more resources on Online.

I am allmost certain the power of Next Gen and R*s experience with Online now, will improve on DLC quality significantly.

honestly I think the problem is people are just ungrateful for what is given to them.

No it wouldnt,

honestly I think the problem is people are just ungrateful for what is given to them.

To some extent I agree, for example the Free Mode Update and the Flight School DLC were one of best DLCs created for V, and a lot of people complained about them a lot.

because they couldnt buy any new cars and weapons...and bs.

I see that some people are interested in cars but arent there enough of them allready in GTA V?

Time for some more awesome gamemodes, Free Mode Events etc.

Maya Echo Visari

Ugh, contact missions aren't made in creator, they are entirely coded so,so much for that part.

They are indeed a lot easier to make than Heists simply because Heists have to be unique in every aspect, make sense in Story, be Voice acted, have an unique Vehicle in them(one in each Heists), have new interiors(or even a f*cking aircraft carrier), have checkpoints, have unque Tasks for FOUR not ONE player, meaning that you have to code usualy 2 missions for one Setup or design the Setup that clever every player is busy, AND they have to make cutscene for the whole thing which are motion captured and written well AND in addition to all that you have to be aware of the console limitations on Last Gen only allowing a certain amount of synced entities on the field.

Sounds harder than you though huh?

Contact Missions in comparison are of course "easy to make" but they are still not that easy, you also have to animate them properly, code the AI properly so it doesnt bug out, design a unique mission in an efficient way(see for example Chop Chop), for some contact missions you have to make minigames,(like the safe in some of them), you have to be aware this features do not bug, and you of course need creative ideas.

Where in my post did I say that official Contact Missions are made with Creator tools? I said that basic Contact Missions can be replicated with the Creator.

Where in my post did I claim that Heists weren't hard to develop? I just stated I was not putting my money on us getting more heists. I'm not because I know that they were a 'tremendous undertaking' and I'm not expecting any more.

I understand your point. I know that Contact Missions are not simply cut-and-paste. But I'm not sure you understand what I was trying to say, considering you took my post out of context, insinuating that I don't have any idea on these matters when I do. So, so much for that.

Ugh, contact missions aren't made in creator, they are entirely coded so,so much for that part.

They are indeed a lot easier to make than Heists simply because Heists have to be unique in every aspect, make sense in Story, be Voice acted, have an unique Vehicle in them(one in each Heists), have new interiors(or even a f*cking aircraft carrier), have checkpoints, have unque Tasks for FOUR not ONE player, meaning that you have to code usualy 2 missions for one Setup or design the Setup that clever every player is busy, AND they have to make cutscene for the whole thing which are motion captured and written well AND in addition to all that you have to be aware of the console limitations on Last Gen only allowing a certain amount of synced entities on the field.

Sounds harder than you though huh?

Contact Missions in comparison are of course "easy to make" but they are still not that easy, you also have to animate them properly, code the AI properly so it doesnt bug out, design a unique mission in an efficient way(see for example Chop Chop), for some contact missions you have to make minigames,(like the safe in some of them), you have to be aware this features do not bug, and you of course need creative ideas.

Where in my post did I say that official Contact Missions are made with Creator tools? I said that basic Contact Missions can be replicated with the Creator.

Where in my post did I claim that Heists weren't hard to develop? I just stated I was not putting my money on us getting more heists. I'm not because I know that they were a 'tremendous undertaking' and I'm not expecting any more.

I understand your point. I know that Contact Missions are not simply cut-and-paste. But I'm not sure you understand what I was trying to say, considering you took my post out of context, insinuating that I don't have any idea on these matters when I do. So, so much for that.

I am sorry I may have skimmed your post and missunderstood you indeed, my apologiz.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I see that some people are interested in cars but arent there enough of them allready in GTA V?

People will always want more cars. It's Grand Theft Auto. A lot of car nuts - such as myself - play this game mainly for the cars. If GTA had no cars or had Saints Row level cars then I probably wouldn't even be interested in GTA. New cars are coming out every couple of months and there are hundreds of classics/futureclassics/cultclassics left to parody.

Me personally? All I care about are the cars. I won't say that Freemode Updates sucked because they didn't add any but I will say that I couldn't care less about them.

From my perspective, Beach Bum was the only pack worthy of being called bad. However a lot of the packs and cars we'vr received lack in originality. Ill-Gotten Gains was yet another cookie cutter pack HOWEVER a lot of work was put into it and it shows. I hope that future content is just as or even more detailed. However I want some variety and originality to be added to the mix. There is no argument. Variety is nothing but good. Period.

• Like 3

Maya Echo Visari

I am sorry I may have skimmed your post and missunderstood you indeed, my apologiz.

Admittedly, your argument surfaced on a statement I made that I do think I should have rephrased better - I still think that a little more than a year is more than enough time to publish more Contact Missions, as the last two we've received were from the Flight School update back in August of 2014.

That's why I like to think they might be concocting something special. I could be entirely wrong, but I'm just speculating.

Imagine like a Lootcrate type deal. Just cars, guns and clothes, with a specific theme each month. Lowrider with a '64 Impala and '67 Riv, classic 50's with a Nomad, and a Cameo/Apache and F-100, Gangster with an Uzi, PMP 600, new mods for the Cavalcade and bringing back the Cavalcade FXT, 80's era stuff with a special Mothership livery for the BF Surfer, bringing back the Faction as a Grand National look alike with the exact wheels and such and an older 911 and the older Banshee like the C4 Corvette... And the packs wouldn't be download necessary either. You wouldn't have to buy the pack for the month to play online like with past updates. You get a preview for each month and can see what's in the pack, and if you like what you see, do it up. If not, then you don't have to. Damn, why can't some of us work at Rockstar? Take care of the boredom problem pretty goddamn quick.
it's funny that you think coding is so easy. Plus about paid DLC people get very angry that you have to pay real money to get the DLC and then if you don't have money in game you either have to grind missions or you have to buy shark cards and most people like the easy way out so more likely they will buy sharkcards so I don't see that happening.

That's the beauty of it. Nobody would make you pay for anything... It would optional. Like what you see, do it up. Don't, don't buy it. And I never said coding was easy. There's a lot of sh*t that goes into addi g anything into a game, a lot of sh*t that I could never even wrap my plebian brain around.

No it wouldnt,

Hard to be grateful when what you're given isn't that great.

People will always want more cars. It's Grand Theft Auto. A lot of car nuts - such as myself - play this game mainly for the cars. If GTA had no cars or had Saints Row level cars then I probably wouldn't even be interested in GTA. New cars are coming out every couple of months and there are hundreds of classics/futureclassics/cultclassics left to parody.

Me personally? All I care about are the cars. I won't say that Freemode Updates sucked because they didn't add any but I will say that I couldn't care less about them.

From my perspective, Beach Bum was the only pack worthy of being called bad. However a lot of the packs and cars we'vr received lack in originality. Ill-Gotten Gains was yet another cookie cutter pack HOWEVER a lot of work was put into it and it shows. I hope that future content is just as or even more detailed. However I want some variety and originality to be added to the mix. There is no argument. Variety is nothing but good. Period.

I love cars too. But some people think it's so easy to add in things they don't understand how complicated coding really is.

I play for the cars as well. Wouldn't be Grand Theft AUTO without them. And the only issue I have with Beach Bum is they didn't add a Volkswagen Beetle, or a Thing. Sure the Bifta is cool, and the Paradise was decent, and the Kalahari... I don't even know. Don't drive it, really. But how can you put out a beach theme update with no Bug or Thing? Bugs and Things are a big part of beach, surf and some parts of California. And I like supers and sports as much as the next guy but some new muscle, trucks, sport utility vehicles and hell, even a cool wagon would be nice.

Edited by Rekia87
  • Like 1

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I love cars too. But some people think it's so easy to add in things they don't understand how complicated coding really is.The team is experienced. How did you think they got a job at Rockstar? They're not focusing on last-gen anymore. What is your point? They can add a very high-res and well performing NFS-level super car with a multi-purpose retractable spoiler and totally unique engine note but they can't add a basic ass BF sports hatchback from the 80's? Yes they most certainly can. They can do a lot. Yeah it takes coding but they can handle it. I don't see what the point of discussing this is. Edited by Scaglietti

I love cars too. But some people think it's so easy to add in things they don't understand how complicated coding really is.The team is experienced. How did you think they got a job at Rockstar? They're not focusing on last-gen anymore. What is your point? They can add a very high-res and well performing NFS-level super car with a multi-purpose retractable spoiler and totally unique engine note but they can't add a basic ass BF sports hatchback from the 80's? Yes they most certainly can. They can do a lot. Yeah it takes coding but they can handle it. I don't see what the point of discussing this is. but do you dont understand that they have a schedule of what they're working on. And not to mention the car you're talking about maybe it's not highly requested so therefore the majority of the players don't want it so they don't add it. Edited by cadpimp1207

I love cars too. But some people think it's so easy to add in things they don't understand how complicated coding really is.
The team is experienced. How did you think they got a job at Rockstar? They're not focusing on last-gen anymore. What is your point? They can add a very high-res and well performing NFS-level super car with a multi-purpose retractable spoiler and totally unique engine note but they can't add a basic ass BF sports hatchback from the 80's? Yes they most certainly can. They can do a lot. Yeah it takes coding but they can handle it. I don't see what the point of discussing this is.

I'd imagine R* employees espcialy artists have a lot of freedom considering Online Updates, I think they take some suggestions into consideration like "a new Supercar","vehicles with weapons" etc.

But they want to add what THEY like in the end, I mean you if you'd be working for them assuming you had the required skill level would also focus on cars YOU like to add, to a certain extent.

Admittedly, your argument surfaced on a statement I made that I do think I should have rephrased better - I still think that a little more than a year is more than enough time to publish more Contact Missions, as the last two we've received were from the Flight School update back in August of 2014.

That's why I like to think they might be concocting something special. I could be entirely wrong, but I'm just speculating.

I think they were busy with Heists after the Fligh School DLC so they didnt have anytime to add in more contact missions, and after Heists they had ILL Gotten Gains and Free Mode Events, however I assume R* is going to add new contact missions in the future since a lot of people are requesting them

Well, anyways, I would really like new paint options. Mostly Rust, Carbon Fiber, and Wood.

I know that sounds wacky, but I really want more Rust in my life.

• Like 3

Well, anyways, I would really like new paint options. Mostly Rust, Carbon Fiber, and Wood.

if that's what you like then nobody can say anything about it. I would like to see a separate pearl on your secondary paint job
  • Like 2

Hmm..

To be realy honest I don't realy know what I want at the moment beeing added to GTA Online.

I am thinking of an extended Free Roam gameplay with more Stores to rob and maybe some more Free Roam Events.

For example beeing able to rob the Fleeca Banks all around the city, and/or maybe some other buisnesses but thats a little unoriginal.

I dont realy know, R* needs to bring back the old Free Mode Events in between the real Free Mode Events first, second they should add something which enhances Free Roam gameplay like the example I mentioned above, but I just cannot think of anything at the moment.Though I have to say I like the direction R* is going with Free Mode Events.

if that's what you like then nobody can say anything about it. I would like to see a separate pearl on your secondary paint job

And crew color separated into each paint type, especially metallic, so we can add a pearl.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

The team is experienced. How did you think they got a job at Rockstar? They're not focusing on last-gen anymore. What is your point? They can add a very high-res and well performing NFS-level super car with a multi-purpose retractable spoiler and totally unique engine note but they can't add a basic ass BF sports hatchback from the 80's? Yes they most certainly can. They can do a lot. Yeah it takes coding but they can handle it. I don't see what the point of discussing this is. but do you dont understand that they have a schedule of what they're working on. And not to mention the car you're talking about maybe it's not highly requested so therefore the majority of the players don't want it so they don't add it.They probably do have a schedule because otherwise there really is no other excuse except for doing whatever the hell they please. LOTS of fans have cried for older cars. And a lot of them came back as mediocre super cars and sports coupes and it sucks. I guarantee a lot of people would love a good ole' Club or Cheetah or Windsor or Voodoo. Hell, you saw how crazy we went over the Low speculation right? All of those old cars. People want older cars. People want variety. A lot of people have been bitching against super and sports cars. The only reasoning in my eyes os that they either just do whatever the hell they want or have a schedule to go by because if they were going by what the majority wanted then the Windsor would be an E-Type. The Turismo would be a 360 Modena. The Jester would be a Supra. The Cheetah would be a Testarossa or 512TR. We'd have gotten the Super GT from IV instead of the Massacro though that car would eventually be added because people wanted a Vanquish.

I'm so with you on this. Carbon fiber as a secondary would be perfect. I hate that parts of the T20 are paint only when they would look so much better covered in carbon fiber. An option like this would fix that. I'd also be able to make a woodie Primo. :pp
  • Like 1

Hmm..

To be realy honest I don't realy know what I want at the moment beeing added to GTA Online.

I am thinking of an extended Free Roam gameplay with more Stores to rob and maybe some more Free Roam Events.

For example beeing able to rob the Fleeca Banks all around the city, and/or maybe some other buisnesses but thats a little unoriginal.

I dont realy know, R* needs to bring back the old Free Mode Events in between the real Free Mode Events first, second they should add something which enhances Free Roam gameplay like the example I mentioned above, but I just cannot think of anything at the moment.Though I have to say I like the direction R* is going with Free Mode Events.

they could always mix cars and other stuff to buy together with freemode or mission content in 1 update. Now last gen is out of the way i can't see why they won't do that.it would make both people who want to buy stuff AND the people who want more things to do happy. Both side's win and a plus for rockstar.

I hope to have more militarized weapons to go along with the vehicles. Maybe for Veterans Day.

lol remember the veterans day hype for last year? lol.
  • Like 1

Paid DLC won't happen. Not because of limitations of the console or the issue of one person having a car in a free roam session when someone else doesn't own it.

The reason why it won't happen is as follows. They bring out a new set of cars, for people to want to purchase them they will have to be faster and stronger than anything in their class. This will end up creating a 2 class system. Those who have bought and those who haven't. All those people who aren't willing to buy the better DLC vehicles will soon be outclassed and they will loose a huge percentage of their player base.

The same with guns, jets, Pegasus vehicles. They won't be able to keep a fair balance between those who want DLC and those who don't.

The only thing that wouldn't make a difference is clothing, but who is going to fork out a lot for a new set of clothes for a virtual character. Probably not enough to cover the cost of the development of those items of clothing.

Mansions and additional properties are a possibility for paid DLC but that's far too unlikely.

• Like 1

I think we might be all done with guns... I mean what more could they add? A .357? Old school sawn off shotgun?

The Davy Crockett

MRM95Jb.png

ok say 30% of the GTA community doesn't mind paying for it but 70% still wants it for free who you think they're going to go with? I can guarantee that answer would be with the majority of the community. From the way it sounds you guys think that paying for content will make a difference in the type of DLC is released. And another thing there's no way that content would be $5 if I would have to guess I would say probably right around about $15 to $20. Now ask yourself would you be willing to pay $20 every month for DLC? Just think about it just spent $20 then when you get in the game you realize all the stuff you want is going to cost you 6 million in game you only have $800,000. Now you have to grind missions or heists until you can get use out of the money you just spent for that DLC. And I know you're going to say well if you buy the DLC they should make it where you don't have to pay the money for it in game the problem with that is they would have to restructure the whole entire game.

Lets think about how rockstar has set up DLC thus far........

they give us the DLC for free, but when we get the new DLC it costs us ingame money we have to earn by playing the game or we have to go buy a sharkcard to get the ingame money, i would bet you $1000 bucks against a rusty nail that rockstar hopes the bigger portion of us will buy a sharkcard.

I have been playing since day 1 so bare with me, IF the DLC rockstar has released so far had been paid DLC, the only DLC release i would have been willing to pay for would have been heists, because i could earn the money to buy ithe rest(cars clothing weapons ect) while playing, heist would give me more ways to make money so it worth paying for (for Me)

If the DLC was paid DLC either as a package of cars weapons ect, or as individual items then those items would most probably be yours to use once you made the DLC purchase, because they earned money from it and there would be no need to sale the sharkcard to keep funding the game and the (not saying they would do away with sharkcards but it would NOT be the primary source of revenue after the sale of the game) and NO they would not have to restructure the game ...remember when the beachbum pack was released the items were free.....all they would have to do is sit the cost at zero which is what they did for a long while

Think about the DLC we have gotten so far Cars, Weapons, Clothing....all of these DLC items were designed to make us spend ingame money

Now lets go back in time when GTA5 was in development with a bunch of guys and gals sitting around throwing ideals out on how to keep this game going and keep making money for several years after its release

after some time they DLC system we have on GTA5 was agreed upon....FREE DLC that has to be purchased using ingame money, Then sell the player ingame money=sharkcard

its a good system and i cant think of any other games that use this system

But one thing really put a damper on that was hackers/glitches ......How many times did you read on the news wire that hacking and glitching was destroying the ingame economy....this was not the economy of the players vs other players it was the revenue lost from sharkcard sales

this dependency on sharkcard sales has hampered DLC, because of the hacking or glitching ....Look at how long we waited on heists...Rockstar said they were harder to add than they thought they would be........well we got them, but really all they were was missions tied together in kind of a playlist fashion .........if you added cut scenes to the Mission The Los Santos Connection you would have a heist

It wasnt that it was that hard to add them....they had to patch holes and combat hackers .........if we could see the projected revenue charts from shark card sales during the early or first billionaire days I would bet it was not even 10% of what they had thought it would be.......

As a player I Like GTA Online, But i like the whole game not just Freemode, I like the Missions, the Races, The Death Matches, Hell i even do Tennis and Golf and Arm wrestle and play darts ......and i dont think of it as grinding, To me its fun if i need a couple million or more to buy something, its not a problem i just play the game the way i enjoy it..doing all the jobs and mission ect, and yes i do take a break and just play in freemode...

Where would we be today if Rockstar had taken a different approach to keep the money coming in like charging for all the DLC and not requiring ingame money to buy it after the sale....who knows

Edited by dlow
  • Like 1

I hope to have more militarized weapons to go along with the vehicles. Maybe for Veterans Day.

lol remember the veterans day hype for last year? lol.

I do. Lolololol

ok say 30% of the GTA community doesn't mind paying for it but 70% still wants it for free who you think they're going to go with? I can guarantee that answer would be with the majority of the community. From the way it sounds you guys think that paying for content will make a difference in the type of DLC is released. And another thing there's no way that content would be $5 if I would have to guess I would say probably right around about $15 to $20. Now ask yourself would you be willing to pay $20 every month for DLC? Just think about it just spent $20 then when you get in the game you realize all the stuff you want is going to cost you 6 million in game you only have $800,000. Now you have to grind missions or heists until you can get use out of the money you just spent for that DLC. And I know you're going to say well if you buy the DLC they should make it where you don't have to pay the money for it in game the problem with that is they would have to restructure the whole entire game.

Lets think about how rockstar has set up DLC thus far........

they give us the DLC for free, but when we get the new DLC it costs us ingame money we have to earn by playing the game or we have to go buy a sharkcard to get the ingame money, i would bet you $1000 bucks against a rusty nail that rockstar hopes the bigger portion of us will buy a sharkcard.

I have been playing since day 1 so bare with me, IF the DLC rockstar has released so far had been paid DLC, the only DLC release i would have been willing to pay for would have been heists, because i could earn the money to buy ithe rest(cars clothing weapons ect) while playing, heist would give me more ways to make money so it worth paying for (for Me)

If the DLC was paid DLC either as a package of cars weapons ect, or as individual items then those items would most probably be yours to use once you made the DLC purchase, because they earned money from it and there would be no need to sale the sharkcard to keep funding the game and the (not saying they would do away with sharkcards but it would NOT be the primary source of revenue after the sale of the game) and NO they would not have to restructure the game ...remember when the beachbum pack was released the items were free.....all they would have to do is sit the cost at zero which is what they did for a long while

Think about the DLC we have gotten so far Cars, Weapons, Clothing....all of these DLC items were designed to make us spend ingame money

Now lets go back in time when GTA5 was in development with a bunch of guys and gals sitting around throwing ideals out on how to keep this game going and keep making money for several years after its release

after some time they DLC system we have on GTA5 was agreed upon....FREE DLC that has to be purchased using ingame money, Then sell the player ingame money=sharkcard

its a good system and i cant think of any other games that use this system

But one thing really put a damper on that was hackers/glitches ......How many times did you read on the news wire that hacking and glitching was destroying the ingame economy....this was not the economy of the players vs other players it was the revenue lost from sharkcard sales

this dependency on sharkcard sales has hampered DLC, because of the hacking or glitching ....Look at how long we waited on heists...Rockstar said they were harder to add than they thought they would be........well we got them, but really all they were was missions tied together in kind of a playlist fashion .........if you added cut scenes to the Mission The Los Santos Connection you would have a heist

It wasnt that it was that hard to add them....they had to patch holes and combat hackers .........if we could see the projected revenue charts from shark card sales during the early or first billionaire days I would bet it was not even 10% of what they had thought it would be.......

As a player I Like GTA Online, But i like the whole game not just Freemode, I like the Missions, the Races, The Death Matches, Hell i even do Tennis and Golf and Arm wrestle and play darts ......and i dont think of it as grinding, To me its fun if i need a couple million or more to buy something, its not a problem i just play the game the way i enjoy it..doing all the jobs and mission ect, and yes i do take a break and just play in freemode...

Where would we be today if Rockstar had taken a different approach to keep the money coming in like charging for all the DLC and not requiring ingame money to buy it after the sale....who knows

I partly agree with you, but Heists indeed were more than just a playlist of Missions, they had each one or more special vehicles in them, they had different aproaches and missions for different players as I allready explained above, R* wasnt lieng when they said Heists were a "tremendous undertaking" they indeed were more than just missions they were all very well designed and complete and high quality, there is a reason R* doesnt want to do more of them.