3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Choco Taco

The GTA V Story Mode DLC Speculation Thread

woggleman

I would love if they spent a ton of money on dlc and it tanked. Teach them a lesson! Haha

Then we will never get SP DLC again.

fac316

Ahh, sadly can.say I.might give VI the used treatment.

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I would love if they spent a ton of money on dlc and it tanked. Teach them a lesson! Haha

Aha, oh well. Seriously I don't think I'll be getting myself hyped up for another Rockstar game. And to be fair, V was the first Rockstar game that I actually got hyped for. I think it's fair to say that it'll be the last.

Edited by Scaglietti

Mr_Rager

Aha, oh well. Seriously I don't think I'll be getting myself hyped up for another Rockstar game. And to be fair, V was the first Rockstar game that I actually got hyped for. I think it's fair to say that it'll be the last.

No hype for a new Red Dead?

u91yRTu.jpg

RJX74

I know I'm really nitpicking here, but one of the reasons I like SP > Online is cause it feels so empty in Online. All the props and NPCs etc are gone. If Online = SP then I wouldn't mind, I'd just do everything I do in SP online instead.

Mr_Rager

I know I'm really nitpicking here, but one of the reasons I like SP > Online is cause it feels so empty in Online. All the props and NPCs etc are gone. If Online = SP then I wouldn't mind, I'd just do everything I do in SP online instead.

Sometimes I'll catch myself thinking, "Where are all the animals?"...only to realize moments later they aren't in online.

B7R

Sometimes I'll catch myself thinking, "Where are all the animals?"...only to realize moments later they aren't in online.

I think you will find that the Shark is in online (At the edge of the games border when you go too far from SA) but that's probably about it for Animals in online.

And I always thought the lack of AI Cars spawning in online was because of my internet connection (sometimes they just jump everywhere and magically speed up for a few seconds) but i'm guess I was wrong with that.

slimeball supreme

No hype for a new Red Dead?

u91yRTu.jpg

Theres no drivable cars in Red Dead, so I doubt it'd be Scag's thing. ;)

GTA564

Here we are at the end of September and still no news about the dlc.

Does anyone have any news?

Doland J. Trump

Doubt it's going to happen now. RIP GTA.

What, it's been almost 2 and a half years since they said they would have info in "coming weeks"? BS. MP is their only focus now.

Mr.Arrow

next gta probably came out in next 5 years ( if lucky) due to focus on GTA Online .

Osho

GTA Online has left the series messed up into one big mess, that it cannot be separated from the single player. It is the cancer that will kill the single player by the poison of slowly destroying the amazing single player experiences you all have seen in the past.

This garbage mode should be either withdrawn or should be separated from the single player to keep the cancer from killing the series.

#ScrapGTAOnline #BanTheGarbagesh*tonline

williamcampbell

Online is a separate entity and should be treated as such.

What I mean is: if they want to release updates for that mode every day of every week, more power to them, but leaving SP behind is very frustrating. Online is nice and all, but one would expect them to want to expand upon the SP experience, as most games try to do nowadays. Heck, GTA IV had SP content, so why not this one? The story felt truncated and I just can't see a lot of replay value after finishing the game (there's not even a Vigilante mode anymore). I expected more from Rockstar, but now they can't even release a proper update that we deserved for every platform (I mean the last update, that seemed to correct some old glitches/issues). Disappointing.

Osho

No. Online is not a separate entity and Rockstar is fooling us into thinking that its treated as such.

If it was a swparate entity then why are single players forced to install the title updates when majoroty of these updates focus on improving and correcting issues regarding Online?

Its only during special updates that the SP gets more free cars and weapons with a bunch of few corrections to the main game. Its f*ckin' ridiculous that they addressed the issue of animals reporting the crimes after two f*ckin' years, and there are still a lot of issues pending as well. Just look at the Rockstar support forum where people are beggingsince past two years to look into the story mode problems and stop focusing on the garbage online. It pains me to see what SP has turned into due to the new entity receiving so much attention from Rockstar. The support site also always pushes for any new creative ideas and suggestions for making online experience better by leaving the Online mail address, rather asking anything about how to make the single player experience better.

Here's interesting blog post - Rockstar, GTA Online, and the case of the staggered release that nicely explains more about whether GTA V and GTA Online are separate entities and including other interesting arguments regarding its launch. Please take note that the post is dated 10/07/13.

Maibatsu545

GTA V and Online are separate entities: In that one is a game that's been completely abandoned (single player)and one they're actually working on (online)

Xing of Virtue

Online being a "Separate Entity" here means it's a prequel to the main campaign.

UshaB

Soooo........story mode ey........what's the current news?

Choco Taco

I'm holding on to a little hope until mid October. If we don't hear anything by then, it won't get released this year and 2016 seems too late to expect anything.

Vinewood Villain

Eh, I stopped caring. This is turning into a too little, too late situation.

Long live GTA Online, I guess, and RIP quality singleplayer experiences. Welcome to a new era of GTA, where multiplayer is at the forefront of Rockstar's ambitions.

Should we hype GTA 6 or GTA Online 2, what'll it be?

UshaB

Should we hype GTA 6 or GTA Online 2, what'll it be?

Batman Arkham Series. When they get to do Justice League and a fight with Superman.

Osho

I am sure Rockstar will lean strongly in favour of the Online during GTA 6 development and marketing through a significant launch into making online based gaming a better experience than before.

Some subscription based packages, and new offers for players to play without any micro transactions, and such.

Basically, GTA 6 is going to be all about Online again. I would be surprised if they even mentioned about a single player.

dxivilea

With all the mods coming up rockstar is gonna have to up their game more than a few cars/planes/missions which modders can make.

GTA564

I'm holding on to a little hope until mid October. If we don't hear anything by then, it won't get released this year and 2016 seems too late to expect anything.

October or never, It is quite disappointing that we probably won't get to see the dlc

At least we can hope that Rockstar may invest the money in doing the next GTA even better.

But because they spent a lot of effort in GTA ONLINE so you never know.

fac316

GTA isn't the only open world series around. By far its Ky favorite but I started a new game on new gen and its crazy how much I live first Person.

feliscatus14

Hey, people

I was just searching for news about the GTA 5's story mode dlc, and I realized that rockstar is trying to cancel that and focus on online more. So I opened this petition on change.org . I don't know if this will really change anything but for me Grand Theft Auto is one of the best franchises in the world right now so I don't want online mode to kill story mode. Every help is much appreciated. And please share the petition.

https://www.change.org/p/rockstar-games-gta-5-story-mode-dlc-2440b945-35cc-4517-9b41-923169bc3394?recruiter=391197048&utm_source=share_for_starters&utm_medium=copyLink

Edited by feliscatus14

Osho

No..no. Such petitions wont help nor bring any change.

You should either just wait till the end of 2015 or simply bid goodbye to SP DLC and move on to other games, unless you find Online very interesting.

Oh and playing GTA V or Call of Dooty, there not much of the differences anymore.

Son of Zeus

No..no. Such petitions wont help nor bring any change.

You should either just wait till the end of 2015 or simply bid goodbye to SP DLC and move on to other games, unless you find Online very interesting.

Agreed. A petition won't do sh*t at this point, when Online is high and mighty and R* is openly admitting it. It may be time to say goodbye to the Vapourware DLC now.

Acetaminophen

If no Story Expansion for GTA V is released this may be the last R* North game I buy full price and new. I'll start buying them used if at all.

Edited by Acetaminophen

feliscatus14

Well, since Shawn Fonteno said they were working on it, we might make them change their minds. Because at least they already have some stuff to work on, like voice files. Or R* just tried to change people's focus by saying they fully work on online (you know, becuse solo just directly confirmed a dlc is coming at the time lol). And as we know they always keep the things they're working on private.

Help the petition or not, it's your own choice. I just thought I should at least try to save the franchise I've been playing since I was a little kid.

Edited by feliscatus14

Choco Taco

If no Story Expansion for GTA V is released this may be the last R* North game I buy full price and new. I'll start buying them used if at all.

Yeah, I'll just buy a used copy of GTA VI if we don't get DLC. Screw Rockstar for stringing us all along for the past 19 months and also lying to us about the new assassination and flight school missions for story mode.