Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,761 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

CynicalRise

Michael De Santa appreciation thread

CynicalRise

He's a liar, he's witty, he does what needs to do to protect his family from Devin, and stares at death right in the face. Some hate him, many love him.

Xing of Virtue

I picked B, ain't that a Bitch?

"This is Michael De Santa. Re-f*cking-member it."

Edited by Xing of Virtue

BlackSnow176

He is my favorite protagonist after Claude and Tommy. Ned Luke and Rockstar did an amazing job with him.

PhillBellic

He's Bouncing now.

DaWiesel

"You forget a thousand things everyday, pal. Make sure this is one of 'em."

You can't do a Michael appreciation thread without this quote! :lol:

Predator

You forget a thousand threads everyday , make sure this is one of them .

PhillBellic

He's got to get back to that Movie Studio.

Out of the Three Protagonists, he is my favourite.

~Tiger~

Fun fact:

Pay close attention to Michael whenever somebody is talking on his right side; he shifts his body more towards that person. This is due to Michael's voice and motion capture actor Ned Luke being deaf in his right ear in real life.

Xing of Virtue

Nvm

Edited by Xing of Virtue

The Deadite

Honestly, he must be my least favorite protag in the series, i can't imagine him starring V on his own, he whines too much, he's not badass or cool and his family is downright hateful and annoying, after playing V for 2 years, he started to get more on my nerves, however, he's a sharp dresser a witty guy (i love when Trevor and him trashtalk each other) and Ned Luke did a great job voicing him.

darkdayz

Although my game actually says I've played as Franklin more than the other two, Michael is my favourite.

Loved that he loved movies, especially loved the movie lot missions. WISH that was a bigger arc. Perhaps it just reminded me of Vice City too much.

kvic

But I have one question why does run like he has -hit in his pants?

Vik

My favorite protagonist of the three.He gave a fresh take to the normal rag to riches storyline and even though he whines,he has a good reason for it.Ned Luke did an absolutely amazing job and provides as the mastermind of the 3 protagonist system.

He also reminded me of an Old,Retired Tommy when he taught Franklin,which I wish had a longer arc (just like the movie studio missions.)

Edited by VikDarkbomb

Big_Smiley

He's not much of a yoga person either lol :lol:

@Kvic: Michael's running animation looks fine to me. Luis Lopez is the one who looks like he literally sh*ts his pants every time he runs.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

LazyGator

Better than Franklin, that's for sure.

happygrowls

Ned Luke did a brilliant job of portraying Mike, from his speeches to his full out anger moments. You get a movie sense whenever Michael is in a scene.

omenofdeath957

Officer tenpenny best playable character or gtfo#jokes.GTA V protags are weak when it comes to Niko in the sense of emotion.Michael talks about regretting decisions he made,but with Niko,you actually sense he trully feels bad.»

The-Ghost

"Yeah Nama-go-f*ck-yourself .."

He is the best in the whole series (IMO) even before the game was released I knew that he will be my favourite protag ..

CynicalRise

I picked B, ain't that a bitch?

"You guys make an honest killer like me sick."

Um, you didn't censor.

CALL THE F*CKING NATIONAL GUARD

Algonquin Assassin

Really like Michael. Brings a DeNiro and Liotta kind of flavour.

theGTAking101

I'm glad you made this thread. As bad as V's story is, Michael is a great character. He's my favorite character in the series besides my sweet Niko.

"You forget a thousand things everyday, make sure this one of 'em."

- Michael Townley 2004

Vinewood Villain

Niko is still my favorite GTA protagonist, but Michael is up there. I like how he's a movie buff and family man - it gives his character a more naturalistic sense of depth.

Unfortunately, he had to share the story with Trevor and Franklin, so the character development was thinned out between the three.

I really wish the story was just him and Trevor battling their past, without the FIB's involvement or Franklin.

CynicalRise

Holy sh*t, I just made an appreciation thread that wasn't locked within 10 minutes. Impressive.

theGTAking101

Holy sh*t, I just made an appreciation thread that wasn't locked within 10 minutes. Impressive.

The V section needs more appreciation threads.

Wow I just said that.

Edited by theGTAking101

El Dorado

Is that sarcasm?

Oh, you're f*cking A-right it's sarcasm. You f*ck! A few weeks ago, I was happily retired, sulking by my swimming pool... then my psychotic best friend shows up out of nowhere to torture me over mistakes I made, honest mistakes I made over a decade ago! We, our little posse, are flat f*cking broke, but hey, let's go out and spend two million dollars on a tandem rotor f*cking chopper, so I can go steal nerve gas from f*cking terrorists! Forgive me, you ignorant f*ck, but sarcasm is all I've f*cking got! Sarcasm, and a room full of you c*nts!

BlackSnow176

Offtopic: Watched Goodfellas on DVD the other night.

I'm glad you made this thread. As bad as V's story is, Michael is a great character. He's my favorite character in the series besides my sweet Niko.

- Michael Townley 2004

But... But... I liked GTA V's story ._.

I really wish the story was just him and Trevor battling their past, without the FIB's involvement or Franklin.

*cough* Kane and Lynch *cough*

Edited by BlackSnow176

SmokesWithCigs

Officer tenpenny best playable character or gtfo#jokes.GTA V protags are weak when it comes to Niko in the sense of emotion.Michael talks about regretting decisions he made,but with Niko,you actually sense he trully feels bad.»

emotions. there you go again with the f*cking emotions. on top of that you just couldn't wait to pull niko out of your ass. this sh*t is getting old. f*ck emotions. why don't you deal with emotions and go douche , cut yourself, sit in a dark room and cry. wuss ass!

- Michael Townley 2004

now that was just f*cking gay.

CynicalRise

emotions. there you go again with the f*cking emotions. on top of that you just couldn't wait to pull niko out of your ass. this sh*t is getting old. f*ck emotions. why don't you deal with emotions and go douche , cut yourself, sit in a dark room and cry. wuss ass!

I'm glad you made this thread. As bad as V's story is, Michael is a great character. He's my favorite character in the series besides my sweet Niko. "You forget a thousand things everyday, make sure this one of 'em."- Michael Townley 2004

now that was just f*cking gay.Um, that attitude was a bit unnecessary, don't you think?

Algonquin Assassin

- Michael Townley 2004

now that was just f*cking gay.

Emotions aren't just about being sad. For example your entire post is emotional because you're getting pissy over nothing.

Take your own advice.

Offtopic: Watched Goodfellas on DVD the other night.

It's a great movie isn't it?:)

Speaking of which Michael has a lot of similarities to Henry Hill. Before GTA V's release I was hoping he would have some mafia ties.

A little disappointed that he didn't, but still the best character in the game IMO.

Edited by PulpFiction

Mr_Rager

Mike has his own demons but at the same time has diluted them by adding a ton of Hollywood into his own personality. He feels like he's in a movie at times. That's a symptom of his huge ego. He's my favorite of the three because of his character and his style. We have a bit in common me and Mike, when it comes to how we view the world, very cynical, sarcastic. I think plenty of people are the same way.