2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

What percent of female characters online are actually female?

Blasterman4EVER

Percent of women playing as female characters in GTAO  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Of the number of female characters you meet in Grand Theft Auto Online, what percentage of them do you believe are females in real life?

Blasterman4EVER

Of the number of female characters you meet in GTAO, what percent do you believe are actually females in real life?

Please be honest.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

Blasterman4EVER

If you guys don't think this is an interesting and relevant question, please, by all means, ignore it, and ignore me.

I said 0-5%, because we all know that there are no girls on the internet.

If you guys don't think this is an interesting and relevant question, please, by all means, ignore it, and ignore me.

I'm not asking out of spite or anything - I'm genuinely interested about why you're curious.

Youd be suprised how many females actually play this game. I have a few on my friends list and they are actually decent players as well.

No, explain yourself!! nnnnaaaooowwwwwwww

Blasterman4EVER

I'm not asking out of spite or anything - I'm genuinely interested about why you're curious.

Because I extremely rarely hear any females on mics.

Because I think that almost all are female characters are men playing as women, and am curious as to why.

Because I want to know what everyone in here thinks, and why.

Because I am wondering what assumptions might be made by this poll.

Because I am interested in motivations behind a user's choice between male and female characters.

Because many other side discussions related to this poll could easily be had.

Because I think it's interesting.

Because I have considered playing as a female character, but ultimately decided not to.

Because... because... because...

What percent of people playing the game give a f*ck about the gender controlling the female character?

That's a better question tbh.

Blasterman4EVER

What percent of people playing the game give a f*ck about the gender controlling the female character?

That's a better question tbh.

Poll creation is at your disposal.

What the f*ck does it matter?

Do you ask that question to everyone who asks a question in this forum?

Why does the question bother you?

• Like 1

hmmm still feels like another "guys playing as girls is gay" thread. I am male and I play as a female avatar given the choice on any game..

coz im fabulous!

also, there are many many females playing this game and I don't blame them for staying away from the mic! given whats heard in most freeroam sessions and the amount of dickheads who follow around anyone with a female avatar and ambiguous gamertag.

Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R

Blasterman4EVER

hmmm still feels like another "guys playing as girls is gay" thread. I am male and I play as a female avatar given the choice on any game..

coz im fabulous!

also, there are many many females playing this game and I don't blame them for staying away from the mic! given whats heard in most freeroam sessions and the amount of dickheads who follow around anyone with a female avatar and ambiguous gamertag.

I can assure you that this is not a "guys playing as girls are gay" thread, and if people start saying sh*t like that, I'll report their posts.

I'm one of the last people you will see in this forum make homophobic comments or assumptions, or gender or sex based insults, and I don't tolerate any of the like.

I'm still gathering my complete thoughts on topic at hand, and once I have them ready to be articulated clearly, I will.

I think its an interesting question myself. Does there have to be some deeper meaning behind every question? Why is it so hard to ignore the question if you don't have anything to contribute?

OT: I voted 5-10%. I cant really explain why but it just sounds about right to me. I rarely talk to randoms online anyways so its not like I can prove whos actually a female or not.

• Like 1

Jaysus, give the guy a break. What's the point of coming on here just to put an RPG up his ass?

I've come across more guys playing with a female avatar than I have females, but it's entirely possible that they're just quiet in regards to game chat. I used to be one of these quiet females but have made a few allies in freemode thanks to actually speaking up every now and again, and though from time to time it's fairly obvious that my vagina is responsible for the friendliness I receive I've also managed to make some pretty cool buddies from it all.

I've also met one or two females who play as male avatars. I guess it's all down to what you wanna do in the end.

As some have said (though in a much sh*ttier way) it doesn't matter as such whether you're using an avatar which matches your sex, however it has interested me over the year I've been playing how many of the male friends I've made use female avatars and see nothing of it. So many people seem to present the 'OMG U PLAY AS A WOMAN BUT UR A DUDE, U MUST BE GAY AS F*CK' argument but seeing as that's one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever heard (why would a guy who loves the penis run around with the pussy?!) I gotta say that I think it's great that some guys have no issue throwing on some boobs for gaming. :D

EDIT: I threw in '20 - 25%'. I think there are more than most people think.

Edited by IvI Ph03nix IvI
  • Like 7

Jaysus, give the guy a break. What's the point of coming on here just to put an RPG up his ass?

I've come across more guys playing with a female avatar than I have females, but it's entirely possible that they're just quiet in regards to game chat. I used to be one of these quiet females but have made a few allies in freemode thanks to actually speaking up every now and again, and though from time to time it's fairly obvious that my vagina is responsible for the friendliness I receive I've also managed to make some pretty cool buddies from it all.

I've also met one or two females who play as male avatars. I guess it's all down to what you wanna do in the end.

As some have said (though in a much sh*ttier way) it doesn't matter as such whether you're using an avatar which matches your sex, however it has interested me over the year I've been playing how many of the male friends I've made use female avatars and see nothing of it. So many people seem to present the 'OMG U PLAY AS A WOMAN BUT UR A DUDE, U MUST BE GAY AS F*CK' argument but seeing as that's one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever heard I gotta say that I think it's great that some guys have no issue throwing on some boobs for gaming. :D

I didn't mean to come across as rude. In the past, threads with this kind of title are almost always the "oh my god people playing characters different to them are SOOOO CREEPY" kind of thread. It seems like an odd question to ask out of sheer curiosity. Like it's almost trying to bait an argument.

• Like 2

gamer girls dont exist, its a myth. females, yes... as in biologically capable of breeding, but girls? good looking girls? horny skilled good looking girls? sex obsessed hot gamer girls? where?

• Like 1

i voted 15 - 20%, i've had some male characters make air thrusting and mounting motions at my female character before (i could imagine some of them would shocked if they found out that i'm a 49 year old man)! :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by hugh750

I said 0-5%, because we all know that there are no girls on the internet.

QFT.

How long is a piece of string?

Blasterman4EVER

As some have said (though in a much sh*ttier way) it doesn't matter as such whether you're using an avatar which matches your sex, however it has interested me over the year I've been playing how many of the male friends I've made use female avatars and see nothing of it. So many people seem to present the 'OMG U PLAY AS A WOMAN BUT UR A DUDE, U MUST BE GAY AS F*CK' argument but seeing as that's one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever heard (why would a guy who loves the penis run around with the pussy?!) I gotta say that I think it's great that some guys have no issue throwing on some boobs for gaming. :D

EDIT: I threw in '20 - 25%'. I think there are more than most people think.

Yes! The bolded, underlined portion is one of the things I was hoping somebody would bring up, and a woman, no less! I've often thought that there might actually be more men playing as female characters than there are women playing as female characters, and that a lot of women are probably playing as male characters --- for any number of reasons that I'm sure we'll get into.

And seriously... thank you for giving me a break.

• Like 2

As some have said (though in a much sh*ttier way) it doesn't matter as such whether you're using an avatar which matches your sex, however it has interested me over the year I've been playing how many of the male friends I've made use female avatars and see nothing of it. So many people seem to present the 'OMG U PLAY AS A WOMAN BUT UR A DUDE, U MUST BE GAY AS F*CK' argument but seeing as that's one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever heard I gotta say that I think it's great that some guys have no issue throwing on some boobs for gaming. :D

I didn't mean to come across as rude. In the past, threads with this kind of title are almost always the "oh my god people playing characters different to them are SOOOO CREEPY" kind of thread. It seems like an odd question to ask out of sheer curiosity. Like it's almost trying to bait an argument.

You didn't, you explained your curiosity and didn't seem antagonistic at all. :) I agree, some threads similar do come across as 'FIGHT ME, BRO' or, worse, 'let's carefully disguise my desire to find all womenfolk in GTA Online with a thoughtful question inclusive of percentages'... *grins* But this thread strikes me as a genuine question.

Blasterman4EVER

Just because I can't stand KDR-pole-strokers and glitchers and modders and trolls doesn't mean I'm a homophobe and LGBT-basher.