2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

The Freeroam Event Update and How It Effects YOU!

MyNameJeff

As we all know, there is a freeroam event update coming to gta in a matter of days. One thing that has caused a lot of commotion, controversy and discussion across the Gta Online forums is that it is indeed not coming to Last Gen Consoles (Xbox 360, PS3)|

So, how does this affect you?

Current Gen Players (PC, PS4, Xbox One): This update does of course not seem to affect you as much as Last Gen players, despite you being the one actually getting new gameplay features. The freeroam events will give some more fun to the basic or boring freeroam sessions, allowing some great moments with friends, crew members and maybe even strangers. That is if modders don't get to the games first but for now let's just hope that DOESN'T happen so we can keep good things good before they even are added to the game. These freeroam activities come complete with no loading screens, leaving them to trigger automatically like special crate drops and armored trucks. Special crates and armored trucks are a bit rare at times in freemode sessions so I am assuming the freeroam events will trigger more quicker.

Last Gen Players (PS3, Xbox 360)
Rockstar have suggested that no further content will be added to last gen as it could be a threat and possible break down the online servers. As a last gen player I understand this, despite not being too happy, as at times the map even struggles to keep up with my cars speed and not load properly which isn't a good sign. Despite this, more cars and weapons can be added to Ps3 and Xbox 360. Only game changers like a new job or content creator section couldn't. There has been threads discussing this and I don't want it to turn into that. If this is true then no wonder the freeroam activities are coming to last gen. I assume Rockstar may neglect last gen and not bother with adding some cars but I hope they do, as even an extra car and provide as much gameplay as a new lester job. Some suggest Last Gen players should simply update their console but there are other factors that come in to play when buying the consoles. After all if it only ONE Dlc so it isn't something that should have everyone going alarm mode but over time this may grow...

So, what other ways do you think the new update will affect you? What are your thoughts and do you like what you've heard about these freeroam events?

Edited by MyNameJeff

wow literally the whole first page of the forums is about last Gen.

• Like 3

As a current gen player this is how I feel about "the end" of old gen.

giphy.gif

It's filled with glitchers and hackers so f*ck it, come join us on current gen where the grass is greener or stay in the wasteland of old gen and don't complain.

• Like 6

wow literally the whole first page of the forums is about last Gen.

I know. I'm so bored of this being the main topic of discussion now.

Edited by Coleco
  • Like 1

Really? You guys have pushed me to the point where I say this: not this f*cking sh*t... AGAIN!

• Like 1

eutxizW.gifeutxizW.gif

Current Gen Players (PC, PS4, Xbox One): This update does of course not seem to effect you as much as Last Gen players, despite you being the one actually getting new gameplay features.

Errrr... lolwut? It'll *affect* me greatly, thanks, as I'm going to spend the near future enjoying the new game modes and making some lovely videos with my directorial debut.

That is if modders don't get to the games first but for now let's just hope that DOESN'T happen so we can keep good things good before they even are added to the game.

This is a weird thing to say. First of all, PC is not "current gen" or "new gen", as there are no generations of PC, since they're constantly being upgraded but staying essentially the same. So "current gen" means PS4 and Xbone, which are currently the only 2 platforms that do not have problems with modders.

Seriously, I think you just made this thread for a bit of attention, since it makes zero sense.

Out of curiosity, what platform are you on?

• Like 3

That is if modders don't get to the games first but for now let's just hope that DOESN'T happen so we can keep good things good before they even are added to the game.

This is a weird thing to say. First of all, PC is not "current gen" or "new gen", as there are no generations of PC, since they're constantly being upgraded but staying essentially the same. So "current gen" means PS4 and Xbone, which are currently the only 2 platforms that do not have problems with modders.

Seriously, I think you just made this thread for a bit of attention, since it makes zero sense.

I didn't really want to make a new section dedicated to just PC and I think when people are talking about current gen gta they think about PC as well as Xbone and PS4, despite it not being current gen or next gen. I understand what you said about the PC not being classified as current or next gen though. If PC's had generations someone could be playing Gta V on a 'last gen' Pc (despite it not running well) but others may say that Pc is only next/current gen.

I am on PS3 but plan on upgrading to PS4 in a matter of monthes.

This thread would have been much more meaningful if it was among the first 10 threads about this subject, instead of the 23246346346325th (numbers are approximate).

I didn't really want to make a new section dedicated to just PC and I think when people are talking about current gen gta they think about PC as well as Xbone and PS4, despite it not being current gen or next gen. I understand what you said about the PC not being classified as current or next gen though. If PC's had generations someone could be playing Gta V on a 'last gen' Pc (despite it not running well) but others may say that Pc is only next/current gen.

I am on PS3 but plan on upgrading to PS4 in a matter of monthes.

Yeah, fair enough - it's just terminology at the end of the day anyway. I personally cant wait and think that if this update is as good as it looks then it will be my favourite update so far. The editor alone makes that very likely for me, though. I've wanted that for a long time.

• Like 2

You do notice I saw that?

Great, most of the replies are about how this thread suck and threatening to post pictures of stuff that, let me put it this way, can get you banned.

I'm on PS3

Don't give a sh*t about the update, seems lame when I can kill people in free roam quite easily. I don't need some sh*t game modes to do that.

This thread sucks.

Mainthreadrule.gif

Yesterday I was killed and also killed people in self defence.

......nope don't affect me.

Offtopic: I hate the american word spelling suggestions on my phone >:[

Edited by JON22

Offtopic: I hate the american word spelling suggestions on my phone >:[

Change the language to English UK instead of English US ;)

It's true though. Affect and effect are two different things, I'm glad for people being "that" guy/girl, rather than letting people use the wrong word and sounding like an idiot.

shadowoperative

It only affects in how I cannot wait until a few weeks from now when these ridiculous threads are not the norm.

It's true though. Affect and effect are two different things, I'm glad for people being "that" guy/girl, rather than letting people use the wrong word and sounding like an idiot.

Hopefully when people explain the error the OP made, it will effect the situation.

Edited by Furry_Monkey
  • Like 2

slimeball supreme

don't care lol

I seriously have better sh*t to do than complain about this - really, I do. I could post way more than the same message over and over again, so I'll keep it brief:

SHUT UP PLEASE

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

i was forced to grab an xbox one by last september. unfortunately, the game i was buying it for, turned out to not support the mode i played most lol and after MCC flopped i went strictly GTA.

i do kind of miss the 360 and not being able to free roam to custom tunes and getting money dropped on my head. being able to party up easily or read messages without getting kicked out of a session after a minute or two.

even with the few downfalls, my 360 is unplugged collecting dust. ;)

SaltyGTAFMember

Current Gen Players (PC, PS4, Xbox One): This update does of course not seem to effect you as much as Last Gen players, despite you being the one actually getting new gameplay features.

Errrr... lolwut? It'll *affect* me greatly, thanks, as I'm going to spend the near future enjoying the new game modes and making some lovely videos with my directorial debut.

current gen means = current generation

It's like saying dial up is current generation technology when comparing pc > console

So I'm playing gta on this by this logic:

grosch.gif

Or the fact when you buy a processor it has generations on it but idk if people know what generation means anymore. :catspider:

Lol.

83721784.jpg

It's like saying dial up is current generation technology when comparing pc > console

grosch.gif

Or the fact when you buy a processor it has generations on it but idk if people know what generation means anymore. :catspider:

My point is that comparing a PC to the generations of consoles is like comparing cows and sheep.

SaltyGTAFMember

Lol.

83721784.jpg

grosch.gif

My point is that comparing a PC to the generations of consoles is like comparing cows and sheep.

There are barely a number of generations to consoles while pc came a long way to being a actual tower in the room to on your bed.

I fail to see your point, I'd stop listening to the marketing teams at e3

console conventions.

Generations

l

Current generation < Your using the word at this level

l

Current generation technology =/= Current generation Consoles

l l

PC Consoles