2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

What police enhancements would you want added in GTA VI?

Dee-account-with-1kbans

inb4 PhillBellic with his correct liveries

• Like 6

American Viking

Great question. I'd like to see actual arrests made on both our protag and NPCs. I don't imagine it'd be too difficult to make a little animation of getting handcuffed and tossed in a patrol car. Maybe even turn it into a little minigame that allows us the chance to escape. I'd also like to see the police more active in the world. Things like pursuing suspects on foot again and in a vehicle, traffic stops, etc. They need to bring back the good samaritan thing from GTA Vice City so the police will reward us for helping capture someone or beating up a criminal.

I think the whole police system really needs redone. Cops in the games shoot first and ask questions last and it shouldn't be that way. The cops should only open fire on you if you're at 4 stars or above AND holding a weapon, or if you point a gun at one regardless of wanted level, as they would in real life. Give them less lethal alternatives such as batons and tasers, and they should always try to chase and tackle you if you are simply running from them.

Scrap the whole auto cop thing. Nothing annoyed me more than shooting someone on top Mt. Chiliad and getting a star for it. Also, scrap the whole auto locate feature in these games. It's only possible to hide from police in GTA V at 1-2 stars and 2 if you're lucky. I think we should always be able to hide from police, and we should never get a wanted level unless someone actually reports it or of course cops are near and hear shots or whatever.

The cops should only open fire on you if you're at 4 stars or above AND holding a weapon

4 stars or above? What? What are they doing at the 2nd and 3rd stars?

We need to bring back the six-star wanted levels. With six stars, it allows the first star to be much less lethal than the others. Cops would carry nightsticks like in the 3D Era, and they'd try to arrest you, not kill you. The arresting gave a much greater danger than dying, as in the HD Era, you don't lose your weapon upon death.

• Like 2

Xing of Virtue

Delay the uncoming Police Mavericks from spawning every 5 seconds after shooting one down.

• Like 2

I'd like to hear them say my miranda rights lol

"You have the right to remain silent..."

As we're getting arrested

The Dedito Gae

I would like cops to:

• Use tazer guns, nightsticks and K-9 units on one star wanted level.
  • Being also able to bribe your way out on a single wanted level.
  • Use lethal force on 2 stars wanted level.
  • In 3 stars that a detective couple to take part in the chase (like Vice City)
  • Bring back the good citizen bonus.
  • Like 1

Nah nah nah Gta 6

Mainly returning things like actually trying to bust you and not getting a wanted level when wearing a cop outfit.

• Like 3

The ability for peds to also have their own set of wanted levels, see some chased around by the NOOSE, some chased by the FIB, some chased by the Army.

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 3

1) Improve on GTA V's wanted system and make it harder.

2) Add a sixth wanted star, which basically makes it impossible for you to survive should you continue fighting the law.

3) For realism purposes, return the fat cops from GTA IV and the motor cops from GTA SA.

4) For realism purposes, add a notoriety system. The more crimes you commit, the more likely is the chance of pedestrians recognizing you and calling the cops.

5) For realism purposes, add CCTV cameras all around the world, that will spot the crimes you commit and alert the cops. After all, Big Brother the government is watching you at all times.

6) For realism purposes, add a speed limit. Should you break the speed limit, you get a two star wanted level and the cops are immediately onto you. There is such mod for GTA SA, which is a lot of fun.

-- Along with the speed limit, add a visible speedometer and the ability to shift gears.

7) For realism purposes, similar to Postal 2 and Watch_Dogs, should you carry a weapon in public, like an assault rifle or pistol for example, make pedestrians run for their lives and call the police on you.

8) For realism purposes, like in GTA San Andreas, if you're chased by a cop and you pull out a weapon, the cop should open fire at you.

9) For realism purposes, become an internationally wanted man after the crimes you commit.

10) For realism purposes, once you steal a vehicle, the cops should search for it and chase you if they see you driving it.

11) For realism purposes, no more phone conversations about the crimes you commit (like in GTA IV and V). True criminals use predetermined phrases and have codenames. They don't say on the phone, for example, "cousin, I just robbed the bank in Liberty City." After all, Big Brother the government is listening to you at all times.

12) For realism purposes, if you control a black character, the cops should automatically open fire on him even without a reason. After all, Big Brother the government is apparently racist. Someone should really make such mod for SA and V ._.

RBkwV8K.png

The ability for peds to also have their own set of wanted levels, see some chased around by the NOOSE, some chased by the FIB, some chased by the Army.

You don't see something like that very often in real life :/

Edited by BlackSnow176

A better idea would be to implement random shootouts. I loved the random events in V where we could join the police or the criminals during the shootouts, but there were only two, and they were in the same places. To expand on this, if we joined the police for these shootouts, perhaps we'd get out of jail free next time or keep all of our weapons the next time. On the opposite side of the battle, if we joined the criminals, they might give us a cut, or they might try to kill us just to keep it for themselves. They might even give up and have you drive them away. Hell, why stop at a couple of criminals? It would be awesome to see a road blocked off because of two vans full of criminals are having a shootout with the police.

Dynamic shootouts like this would be amazing. Personally, I'd never get tired of them. I might not feel like joining in on them, but with different amounts of criminals and different outcomes, it would add a lot more to the world and to the amount of content that the game gives.

• Like 2

Well it would break the monotony of the player being the only one able to be chased by higher ranking law enforcement. Sure you can anger some peds and get them to have a shoot out with the cops, but will the NOOSE show up later to take him out? Nope. Or what ClaudX suggested, random shootouts or events. Imagine if you're playing around as Niko, and Johnny/Terry/Clay speed past by while being chased by an FIB car, or Luis just randomly blowing stuff up in his Buzzard around town, a random bank robbery, etc...

Edited by B Dawg

Make them more easier and fun.V's cops are a pain in the butt.

They were easy and somewhat fun... :/

They were easy to escape,but they were just giving that "tough" vibe and sounded annoying.IV's cops were funny and evoked it's stereotype.

Stuff like "killing makes my dick hard!" were just annoying :/.

• Like 1

To add to the overall realism, maybe have random events where police have tape up somewhere from a crime scene, in an alleyway or on the street, pedestrians are gathered around trying to get a look, some people have their phones out to film it or take pictures whilst an officer tells them to go away.

If that's a little too much to add, then it would be awesome to just see general arrests, you walk closer and hear the conversation between the police officer and the person they're arresting, as they slap the handcuffs onto them and put them in the back of the car.

5) For realism purposes, add CCTV cameras all around the world, that will spot the crimes you commit and alert the cops. After all, Big Brother the government is watching you at all times.

I like this idea, maybe put CCTV cameras in and outside of different stores and buildings, it would make store robberies more intense as you would want to put on a mask to hide your face, adding onto the idea of the notoriety system you mentioned. I could see there being a mission where you have to go back to a place to break the CCTV camera or demand for the footage to save your own ass.

to add to those wonderful ideas i'd like to see police gathering around a crime scene and if we killed people inside a place they'd be cordoning off the doors, that'd be so cool along with forensics and news crews

I have a long long list of Improvements I'd like to see in the Next Game. However, for starters I'd like to see;

- Consistent Liveries across each Agencies Vehicles Fleet.

- Proper Implementation of 'Counties and Jurisdictions'. If the Next Game features multiple Cities, and Counties, ensure that each of them has its own Law Enforcement Agency so as to avoid the Major Problem of why the LSSD Patrolled Blaine County.

- Police Patrol Vehicles no longer featuring names tying them up to any one Agency. The FIB Buffalo, (and FIB Granger) comes to mind here. Call them something Generic like 'Unmarked Buffalo PPV/Unmarked Granger PPV.

- For the Police to use the Entire Vehicle Fleet, and not only Two or Three Vehicles.

- A proper Spawn Ratio of Female to Male Cops. For example; the NYPD (and by extension the LCPD) has 20% Female Officers in its Ranks. thus Spawn Patterns should reflect this.

I'll add more later. :)

Homemade Dynamite

Make it so they're fair and don't blatantly cheat at the game.

American Viking

The cops should only open fire on you if you're at 4 stars or above AND holding a weapon

4 stars or above? What? What are they doing at the 2nd and 3rd stars?

We need to bring back the six-star wanted levels. With six stars, it allows the first star to be much less lethal than the others. Cops would carry nightsticks like in the 3D Era, and they'd try to arrest you, not kill you. The arresting gave a much greater danger than dying, as in the HD Era, you don't lose your weapon upon death.

Well, I figure at 1-3 stars they will aggressively pursue you, with each star adding more difficulty obviously. At 1 star maybe a patrol car or 2 would chase you and they would attempt to restrain you with stun guns. At 2 stars, same concept but more cops who are much more aggressive and will try more reckless maneuvers like the PIT maneuver to box your car in. At 3 stars, they bring out the real weapons and, in addition to being more aggressive will also try to shoot your car tires out. I think if you kill a cop in front of witnesses, and especially other cops it should be an automatic 4 stars. Pulling a gun on a cop an automatic 3 but they will still shoot to kill. However, if no witness are present I don't think we should get any stars at all of course. So, there's you incentive to play smart. All of this is very basic, and of course there should be multiple factors that influence wanted levels. I just think cops need to be more realistic and apply non lethal methods if the situation calls for it. Tired of being shot at for stealing cars.

Edited by American Alpha
  • Like 2

I don't imagine it'd be too difficult to make a little animation of getting handcuffed and tossed in a patrol car. Maybe even turn it into a little minigame that allows us the chance to escape.

I like the mini game idea too. I also think it could be done for hospital/wasted too.

universetwisters

Does bringing back the Good Citizen bonus from VC count?

I'd like to see cops similar to what you've got in III era games return because they were actually a challenge. It wasn't like in IV, where the cops spawned in front of you rather than chased you, and it wasn't like V where you get a random 2 star wanted level just for hiding from the cops. It was actually challenging based on the wanted level. One star? Shake the cops behind you. Six stars? Keep alive long enough. And hell, making a mad dash for some wanted bribes or a Pay N Spray was a lot more fun than getting out of a search radius and hoping you aren't caught in their sight.

@sharpshooter - How would a minigame like that even work? Do you suddenly come back to life in the ambulance and have to escape?

Edited by universetwisters

@sharpshooter - How would a minigame like that even work? Do you suddenly come back to life in the ambulance and have to escape?

I was thinking when your wasted you wake up in the nearest hospital bed and try to sneak out and avoid doctors/nurses and when busted you end in a unlock cell (GTA cops are not that bright lol) and try to avoid police.

Edited by Sharp_shooter

I have a long long list of Improvements I'd like to see in the Next Game. However, for starters I'd like to see;

I HAVE FORETOLD THIS!

But seriously, all the vehicles should be used by the police.

I HAVE FORETOLD THIS!

But seriously, all the vehicles should be used by the police.

It's a Given really. Also, it's an easy way to start Improving the Game. :)

Lemoyne outlaw

well first i know it dosent have to do wwith police but allow the protagonist to use the megaphone in police cars. also they should have more female officers. they are rare. they should also use pepper spray if you come closer to a cop. i also hope we can customize cop cars.