2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

The Last Gen Appreciation Thread

fw3

Here's how this works. "Quote" this post and beneath each bolded heading, write your own experience with previous generations of GTA. Should be fun to read how folks came into the GTA universe.

Also, it's amazing to me how far this has all come, and that, I think, this is the first mid-cycle game (GTAV) that has been launched on two generational console systems.

Anyway, looking forward to responses. Cheers! :)

1. GTA
I never experienced the first version of GTA, so I can't comment.

2. GTA2
My buddy had the original Playstation and we played it at his apartment. It was a fun game, but it got boring and we usually went back to Resident Evil or FF or something.

3. GTAIII
I was living with roommates and one of them bought a PS2. I bought GTAIII for it. I don't remember the game ever coming out of the console once we got it, except maybe to play Madden. Someone was always playing GTAIII and it was just so fun, especially sitting around eating Funyons and drinking orange Crush.

4. GTA Vice City
Living in my own apartment, I got an XBox because you could also watch DVDs on it. This was the game that did it for me. I was so immersed in it, that when I finally took a trip to South Beach, Miami, it was surreal – like walking through the game. I loved this game and the XBox, because everything worked and it was just awesome.

5. GTA Chinatown Wars
I never played this game, so no comment.

6. GTA San Andreas
Got this for the original XBox. And, I know I'll catch heat for this, but the whole bodyweight and muscle mass thing was a chore. And the entire girlfriend thing was such a pain in the butt. However, it was probably the most fun game to play, especially when you could apply cheats and really enjoy the full arsenal of what the game offered. Great story and ability to just go Free Roam without consequence.

7. GTA IV
My XBox died and I got the XBox 360 so I could play Elder Scrolls: Obliviion. I had no intention of getting GTA IV right away, as the whole East European crime scene didn't appeal to me. But, alas, I picked it up and it was the best decision for a game ever. I played that game right up until GTAV came out, breaking only to play Skyrim and Madden, once in a while. It solved any casual gaming experience I needed. Still a great game to revisit, too!

8. GTA Lost & Damned
XBox 360 and I never finished the whole story. It looked grainier than the original game and seemed more tedious.

9. GTA Ballad of Gay Tony
XBox 360 again. This one was different. New weapons and vehicles. I got into this one thoroughly and enjoyed!

10. GTAV & GTAO
XBox 360. I have not upgraded to XBox One. While technically and graphically the game is far more superior than any of the other iterations of the game, the whole in-game money aspect of the game completely ruined the experience from what all other versions presented. Yes, the story mode is unbelievable and so rich & deeply immersive, that it's near to impossible to criticize. However, with Online, there were now cheaters and modders running amok, people making billions, people RPing up to over 1000... it got real crazy, real quick. A fun blast of a game, but at a price. Cash cards make me ill, but if you're legit then it's something you simply consider. Add into that aspect the almighty, unstoppable, fascist in-game police regime, then you have taken a breathtaking game and brought the gameplay down two notches. What happened to the arrest procedure of all the other versions of the game? When the cop yells, "Pull the car over – we just wanna talk to you!" with a one star level, and then shoots you dead, well, something is flawed.

Someday I'll leap to the next gen and I'm sure I'll see what I've been missing. But, for now, I'll just continue appreciating the last gen and what it has to offer, which is still as fun as the day I bought GTA IV and V/O.

0_0.jpg

Edited by fw3

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Oh, and the very last picture I took on LG, kinda depressing VVVVV

0_0.jpg

Edited by GradeA-Hole

Blasterman4EVER

On The Lost and Damned you could turn off the graininess filter in the options. That was one of the first things I did. The only reward in finishing the LaD was the payoff in seeing the main character get his head stomped in by Trevor in V.

Edited by Blasterman4EVER

I just post a pics of best memories from LG

Modder

0_0.jpg

Somehow managed to get bike there with just bumping from Stairs

0_0.jpg

When modders wasnt a thing before(atleast for me)

0_0.jpg

Dunno

0_0.jpg

My Baby, First SP Car that i glitched in Garage.

0_0.jpg

And The rest, Franks Buffalo Before it was on Web to Purchase

0_0.jpg

Edited by Bender.ㅤ

Good idea for a thread. This is a lot of work, and as you know, we ADHD video gamers don't really have the patience for this soft of thing, let alone following instructions, but I'll give it a shot nonetheless. :)

ENTRIES by saintsrow

1. GTA
I never experienced the first version of GTA, so I can't comment.

2. GTA2
Never experienced, never heard of it until much later. I was hooked on Wolfenstein, Doom, Quake, Unreal 3D type games and never ever even considered playing a side-scroller or top-down game.

3. GTAIII
The lamestream media made a huge deal of of the fact that a new video game had come out, where you can hire prostitutes and then kill them. This put the game on my radar. I thought, I gotta get me some o' this. I got a PS2 for GTA III alone. The disk never came out of the console until much later.

4. GTA Vice City
After playing GTA III for months and months, and pretty much ignoring all other aspects of my life, I got GTA VC as soon as it came out. Then the VC disk never left the console. Loved the music and the colors, and Tommy Vercetti. I really liked that I could finally fly a helicopter over the game world. F*ck that f*cking Dodo from GTA III.

5. GTA Chinatown Wars
I never played this game, so no comment.

6. GTA San Andreas
Got it tor PS2 , bought it at some mom & pop game store, the day it came out, for a $10 premium, which I suppose the fat f*ck at the counter pocketed. I loved the atmosphere of the desert, and I loved a number of the characters. Rockstar was hitting their peak in terms of parodies of America. Another disk that never left the console. But all I got was that lousy jetpack.

7. GTA IV
I wanted to get GTA IV right away, but I didn't have a next gen console. Soon after, my girlfriend's brother, a hardcore gamer, wanted me to experience GTA IV so much, that he gave me an Xbox360 for my birthday, along with GTA IV. That was great! Played it forever, only disk in the console.

I tried GTA IV multiplayer a few times, and of course it was a miserable, pointless PvP experience, foreshadowing the insanely bad decisions that Rockstar would make years later, by emphasizing PvP in GTA Online.

I also got GTA IV on PC, so I could load a few mods, like the first person view mod (as simple as making Niko's head transparent and moving the camera position -- like a three-line change to a file). Why is FPS so f*cking hard for game designers to add????

8. GTA Lost & Damned
This looked like it was going to be a piece of sh*t, and so I never got it.

Xbox 360. When Episodes from Liberty City came out, then it looked like the story DLC would be worth the $20 or $30, and it was. I think I played as Luis, for more years than I played as Niko. Since it was free, I played through the short and stupid LOTD story. That crap LOTD, plus a retrospective look at Niko's story, showed me that Rockstar was starting to run out of ideas and implementations for light-hearted parody. But the Liberty City game world was beautiful. This game disk only left the console for RDR and LA Noire.

10. GTAV & GTAO
I got a refurb PS3 ($200 at Gamestop) for GTAV. Pre-ordered the game, got posters and two of the little viewer collectibles. What a runup of hype and happiness that was, even in the midst of unending misery, as Rockstar marketing tortured us for 2 years. F*ck them to hell. The GTAV game world is the star of the show -- it is so beautiful and seamless. The story was artificial and looked like it had been phoned in. Many of the missions really were fun, however

GTA0 was of course the very PvP sh*thole that I imagined it would be. I eventually gravitated to doing solo missions, solo races and Invite Only, to level up and get the almighty $$$. I still have fun doing heists and strings of missions with randoms, however. It's obvious I like co-op play, not the dog-eat-dog sh*t that Rockstar emphasizes and incentivizes in free-roam.

My big upgrade decision is whether to buy the GTX970 ($340) and power supply ($110) for PC, or get PS4. I'm leaning toward the PC, again because of the great mods, and I can play a number of beautiful Steam games.

Edited by saintsrow

Maya Echo Visari

Whoops. Mobile fail. I want to reply, but I'll have to give a go on my PC instead. Too ambitious for my thumbs hehe.

Edited by Maya Echo Visari

Goo

im sure im one of a few people here that have played each version of gta since it inception.

ENTRIES by CarimboHanky

1. GTA

i stumble upon this one a couple weeks after getting my first pc back in '98, the graphics were bad even for it time, but something in the game got me hooked. the top-down camera felt kinda weird for sometime, evenknow i come from playing Age of Empires which features a almost top-down camera angle. i finished the thing and it 2 expansions(london 69 and london 61) like 20-30 times by the time gta 2 hit the stores.

2. GTA2

wow this one really got me by the balls and wont let me go. i couldnt stop playing. the graphics improved, overall it was the same as gta 1. lost count of how many times i finished this, it was a lot!

3. GTAIII

boy things changed, complete new game, top-down was gone, now stuff was more graphic and the media was having a field day! evenknow it was a better game when compared to the previous titles, it never got me hooked, i finished this one just 2 times and when back to gta 2.

4. GTA Vice City

After playing gta 2 for years on pc, i bought a xbox and got vice city on release day and man i loved this one. the place, the story, the music, lots of references to one of my all time favorite movies(scarface), tommy is a very likeable character. also the cheat codes made this game really fun even after finishing the story.

6. GTA San Andreas

this baby really brough the serie to a whole new level. new places, big map, jetpack, getting buff/fat, girlfriends, sport betting, house invations, the damn riot mode cheat, this game is a gift that keep on giving. i remember me saying "they would never be able to top this game" and it i stand by this. they top the game graphic-wise but content wise, san andreas still the most complete game of the whole serie.

7. GTA IV

bought a 360 just for this game, a really big change, this was nothing like san andreas, more dark, serious. took some time to get used to the new game mechanics but i felt in love with the game, i refused to pay for xbl due to constant issues with my consoles, i when through 3 xbox while playing IV.

8. GTA Lost & Damned

i made the move to ps3, this looked like a sh*t instalment and it was. really weak story, i only got it because well, its gta and i have to play it.

luis, one of my favorite characters. this dlc was great, the city look alive, the club, dancing made it return and it was awesome. cage fighting and betting, god it was great.

i had to stop playing online around 2011 due to modders being completelly out of control.

10. GTAV & GTAO

what can i say about this one? the first trailer cameout around the same time i was pushed away from IV by the modders. i was in the hype train for a very long time, preorder, when to midnight release for the first time.

the game looks awesome, its nothing like IV, the addition of 3 characters worked kinda good, evenknow the story was short.

GTAO

man oh man, as a diehard gta player, this is pure heroin. its riddle with issues to this day, got modded within days of it release but modders are less frequent and less evil than the ones in IV.

while its a great game, it lack simple stuff from IV that would have make it even better. simple stuff like lobby options that allowed us to turn off cops in IV, blips options and many other stuff from IV. adding stupid stuff like all the cooldown timers and bad sport is another stupid thing done by R*.

overall im in love with the game.

evwnknow R* have started to leave us lastgen players behind, to this point i have no intentions of moving to newgen. ill probably stay in ps3 til the day they shutdown the servers or til they give the 30 day notice for character transfers. when that time come i would simply go and get a ps4 and transfer my guy, ill stay in ps3 til that day!

• Like 3

Goo

im sure im one of a few people here that have played each version of gta since it inception.

ENTRIES by CarimboHanky

1. GTA

i stumble upon this one a couple weeks after getting my first pc back in '98, the graphics were bad even for it time, but something in the game got me hooked. the top-down camera felt kinda weird for sometime, evenknow i come from playing Age of Empires which features a almost top-down camera angle. i finished the thing and it 2 expansions(london 69 and london 61) like 20-30 times by the time gta 2 hit the stores.

2. GTA2

wow this one really got me by the balls and wont let me go. i couldnt stop playing. the graphics improved, overall it was the same as gta 1. lost count of how many times i finished this, it was a lot!

3. GTAIII

boy things changed, complete new game, top-down was gone, now stuff was more graphic and the media was having a field day! evenknow it was a better game when compared to the previous titles, it never got me hooked, i finished this one just 2 times and when back to gta 2.

4. GTA Vice City

After playing gta 2 for years on pc, i bought a xbox and got vice city on release day and man i loved this one. the place, the story, the music, lots of references to one of my all time favorite movies(scarface), tommy is a very likeable character. also the cheat codes made this game really fun even after finishing the story.

6. GTA San Andreas

this baby really brough the serie to a whole new level. new places, big map, jetpack, getting buff/fat, girlfriends, sport betting, house invations, the damn riot mode cheat, this game is a gift that keep on giving. i remember me saying "they would never be able to top this game" and it i stand by this. they top the game graphic-wise but content wise, san andreas still the most complete game of the whole serie.

7. GTA IV

bought a 360 just for this game, a really big change, this was nothing like san andreas, more dark, serious. took some time to get used to the new game mechanics but i felt in love with the game, i refused to pay for xbl due to constant issues with my consoles, i when through 3 xbox while playing IV.

8. GTA Lost & Damned

i made the move to ps3, this looked like a sh*t instalment and it was. really weak story, i only got it because well, its gta and i have to play it.

luis, one of my favorite characters. this dlc was great, the city look alive, the club, dancing made it return and it was awesome. cage fighting and betting, god it was great.

i had to stop playing online around 2011 due to modders being completelly out of control.

10. GTAV & GTAO

what can i say about this one? the first trailer cameout around the same time i was pushed away from IV by the modders. i was in the hype train for a very long time, preorder, when to midnight release for the first time.

the game looks awesome, its nothing like IV, the addition of 3 characters worked kinda good, evenknow the story was short.

GTAO

man oh man, as a diehard gta player, this is pure heroin. its riddle with issues to this day, got modded within days of it release but modders are less frequent and less evil than the ones in IV.

while its a great game, it lack simple stuff from IV that would have make it even better. simple stuff like lobby options that allowed us to turn off cops in IV, blips options and many other stuff from IV. adding stupid stuff like all the cooldown timers and bad sport is another stupid thing done by R*.

overall im in love with the game.

evwnknow R* have started to leave us lastgen players behind, to this point i have no intentions of moving to newgen. ill probably stay in ps3 til the day they shutdown the servers or til they give the 30 day notice for character transfers. when that time come i would simply go and get a ps4 and transfer my guy, ill stay in ps3 til that day!

Not another LG thread.

Haha joking, my history is the same as yours, bogt was awesome

Playing gta v online since online was launched i have tons of fond memories from my 360 days on this game..

It was easily my most played game on the 360, i loved the DNS hacks era which spawned lots of billionaires, the first Christmas in LS with snow on the ground, the hooker glitch ( for making me rich again :) ).. The friends i have made.. The many, many laughs this game has brought to me

To be honest GTA on the new gen has never captured the same great feeling that it did on the old 360..

And as much as i like the improved feel of the new gen with it's new offerings, in years to come when gta v is long dead and just a memory my best memories will be from my time spent on the 360 with this game and not the Xbox one version...

I played GTA III for a couple hours, got bored and never played it again. The same thing happened with GTA IV. Never played any of the others.

Blasterman4EVER

I played GTA III for a couple hours, got bored and never played it again. The same thing happened with GTA IV. Never played any of the others.

Wait... seriously?

You must not have played it first, when it came out.

Wait... seriously?

You must not have played it first, when it came out.

Dead serious. I played 3 for a couple of hours, GTA IV over the course of an afternoon. Both of them bored me sh*tless so I shelved them and never touched them again in my life.

I don't know why I disliked them and yet like V so much. I probably just have objectively sh*t taste in video games.

Click spoiler for last gen snaps:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

LWqvrnB.jpg

Ju0RAzi.jpg

p5nDGIo.jpg

rWEFpNA.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Nice to see different peoples GTA history and why not lets get reminiscent on a sunday afternoon

Ok lets see how long this takes me:

1. GTA
First time i saw this was on a friends PC and that version had all the scores flying around the screen every time you did anything, so loads going on and eye candy for my little peepers.

I got it for the PS1 and man my parents must've just not been paying attention! The first mission i remember was moving a chick in the trunk of a car. GOod suject matter for a child. But otherwise it was basically a road map mat and toy cars come to life. Running over a line of hari krishnas (game taught me what they were), the fire engine was the fastest vehicle - flamethrower rampages. So it began.

2. GTA2
So more of the same but slicker - main memory here was playing the different gangs off against each other. Can't remember who I ended up allianced with but something about Zaibatsu made them my enemy.

3. GTAIII

Here we go. What to say about this genre definer? At a time when a boy is starting to watch films like the Godfather and there was no such thing as a sandbox game, GTA III came along and stole my adoration from the very first mission beating up a pimp down an alleyway with a baseball bat. And here is where I cam to love the Black Sentinels. Looking back the blocky graphics were awful, but my young eyes just didn't see that. I still like dressing as Claude in GTAO!

4. GTA Vice City
Still playing GTA III, I saw this on a friends system and learned that day what envy was. All the polygons rounded and lit beautifully in a pink 80's haze. Scarface in this game. Of the PS2 era this was my least favourite - but I f*cking loved it. However the thing that I took away with me most from this game was the music. So many tunes that I can listen to today and feel good.

5. GTA Chinatown Wars
Never owned the little Nintendo thingy.

6. GTA San Andreas
So this one was the one for me. Hours and hours and hours. I was in deep with a ganja love affair, which allowed me to 'live' in this game. I was already busy quoting Menace to Society all day with my schoolmates so San Andreas just hammered this home. It was HUGE. So many things to do, Rockstar just went to town. Pretty sure this game had more variety that what we have now - in it's own way. RC bomb cars anyone? Gang wars worked so well with the sectors to take control of. And recruiting your crew to roll with you to go gangbanging. I miss the way CJ could execute a guy on the ground without aiming his weapon due to the targeting system. I miss dual wield Mac-10s. And again, the music - tracks I carry with me today. You will often find me humming the intro music.

7. GTA IV
So the era of HD came upon us and of course I played the living sh*t out of GTA IV. But when I look back, despite being so pretty at the time, it felt limited. I mean no planes was a bummer. I liked Niko's story, and knew by then that R* were kings, as who else is gonna drop an eastern european immigrant in as your protagonist? But the things to do eventually ran out. I would fire it up and end up in some big police chase shootout again.

8. GTA Lost & Damned
Started this with relief for some refreshment to Nikos LC. But didn't really empathise with Johnny so the only good strong memory I got was the sawn off stubby shotty.

Missed this one and reckon i missed out too.

10. GTAV & GTAO

Before V, I always thought I was a single player, there to create fun with my own imagination. But GTAO changed that. In fact on LG I didn't manage to finish the story mode campaign, coz the Big One setup missions glitched out on me, literally stopping me from completing it. Credit to R* that I didn't return the game because I was so satisfied with GTAO. I had not played proper multiplayer before October 2013 - that being the first time I connected my system online. Never looked back of course. I love competing against people, and the freeform fun that real people can create.

Weirdly unlike San Andreas and Vice City the music in the game has not sung so true - there are a few tracks yeah that have gone in my list, but maybe it's because my tastes are set now and these tunes are there to be heard by a new generation.

Otherwise, yes the loading times, matchmatching and connectivity suck serious balls, but thats how good GTAO is to me that I would put up with that sh*t. And I believe it will only get better. Pretty sure GTA will be around as long as I am in some form or another.

• Like 2

Last gen.?
I still have (and gonna play) GTA 3 on PC again. From which year was this game?
I also play Mario Kart and Super Mario bros...

1. GTA
No comment.

2. GTA2
No comment.

3. GTAIII
Played this back in 2003 along with Vice City when I was 6 years old on my dad's vintage PC. Good memories, my favorite ride back then was the Stallion.

4. GTA Vice City
Likewise as GTA III, I had both of these back in 03', great memories. I loved the atmosphere of this game,

5. GTA Chinatown Wars
Eh, completed it and left it to dust. Nothing remarkable.

6. GTA San Andreas
Wow, had this on PS2. Honestly one of the most memorable games of my childhood. I remember punching the jetpack cheat and flying straight to Las Venturas and exploring the sh*t out of the map. Seriously amazing.

7. GTA IV
Had it on PC drowned in mods. I still love it, even though I don't have it anymore.

8. GTA Lost & Damned
XBox 360, completed both this and TBOGT, f*cking amazing experiences. Last true Rockstar DLC.

Likewise for TLAD (had EFLC). I loved the sh*t out of the multiplayer version, I remember how in friendly lobbies, we always made a team of 4 with pubbers and raced to the MeTV building, last one to arrive had to throw himself off the office window, f*cking hilarious.

10. GTAV & GTAO
PS3, eh it was alright (refer to my screenshot post above). Have it on PC now. Really great.

Edited by GradeA-Hole
  • Like 2

Arrows to Athens

First GTA was III on PS2. Started playing that when I was like 4 or 5 I think. Vice city came second followed by San Andreas (most fun). Then there was Liberty City Stories on PSP. But then IV dropped in 2008 few months after I got a PS3. Played that game everyday until late 2009 as that's when MW2 came out. However I came back to it in 2011 and played it (along with COD) until the release of V. Even bought TBOGT from PS store and absolutely loved it. I have played IV every now and again after the release of V but I don't see myself coming back to it anymore because of the lack of players, modders and rank 10 turbo noobs in deathmatches. The host also never gets ready aaaaarghhh.

Edited by Fearx--
  • Like 2

GTA3 was completely mind blowings when it dropped.

The concept, for me its all about the concept. Thats coming from a "berzerk" fan from baaaaaaack in the day and survived it litetally.

GTAO give it 5 outta 10...on ps3.

Amazes me how the box art has caught up to the actual game.

PS9 gta version is gonna be bannanas.

:) i Chang

Edited by Chang

GTA: Played upon release on some crusty old craptop. I don't think I ever accomplished more than a single mission, but I enjoyed free roam shenanigans like nothing before or since. <3 Cossie <3

GTA2: Actually played this one through, also upon release, likely with the same crusty old craptop. Damned if I can remember anything about it.

GTA3: I came to this after Vice City. It was either my PS1 or PS2, whatever it came out for. It wasn't very engaging. Sure, the POV was badass, but I'd already thrilled to it via VC so this was a step back.

GTA3VC: By far the best game they ever released. The story was fun, the voice actors were unexpectedly a-list and the entire atmosphere was fantastic. The soundtrack made this game, and took me back to my youth when we actually listened to it on the radio.

GTA3SA: PS2 (or 3?). I hated all the simmie sh*t you people all go nuts for. Hated having to eat, exercise, fighting styles, girlfriends and all the crap I had no interest in dealing with. Still, the story was good, the voice talent awesome, radio second best to VC and the sheer scope of the map and city made it compare very favorably to Vice City.

GTAIV: PS3. Meh. Looked like sh*t, story was OK, got rid of a lot of the boring things I had to do, which was nice. The story was interesting, at least, but the voice actors and music didn't seize me. I've grown up with NYC in my life, I don't find the video game version to be nearly as captivating as the real thing or the other environments.

GTAV: PS3 til it died. Now PS4. I think anyone who says this isn't the best is simply trying to be contrary on purpose. It looks fantastic, the voice acting and radio are pretty good. The map is amazing, if only it had the scope of San Andreas. The cars are great, the city engaging, and with the Online portion I've never had this much continued replay value in a game.

The future? I want Vice City. I want a map somewhere between the size and scope of San Andreas, with the divergent cities and the wilderness areas in the middle, but with swamps and swamp boats. I want multiple cities with different attitudes in each. Not just a Paleto Bay and a Sandy Shores, but actually small towns/cities. I don't want Liberty City, I simply don't care enough. I never have.

• Like 2

unlike a few of you I can remember the fun of all the gta games.

GTA: what can i say for its time(1997) it was a great game but it was also the same year I fell in love and still in love with fallout

GTA2: we move on a few years later(1999) while fallout 2 was already out it came out (1998) gta 2 took me away from fallout

GTA London:1969 what can I say it was pretty good but not great(1999)

GTA 3: it was a game changer for the time(2001) looking back it was a start for what all future GTA will be come

GTA San Andreas: it was and still is my favorite GTA game it changed the games for all others in (2004)

GTA IV: what can I say absolutely hated this f*cking game and all DLC came out (2008) only good thing about 2008 was fallout 3 came out

GTA V: most recent game to come out what can I say to me it's up there with GTA SA(2013) this was the game that took fallout 3(2008) and fallout new Vegas(2010) out of my Xbox 360

GTA V enhanced version (2014) I picked it up on my CG system (PS4) and love it

P.S. I know I forget a few like Vice City but want Cani say that's not already been said it was great game

Edited by CjLosSantos

Really, some brilliant responses! Thank you for sharing – it's comforting, in a way, to know that there's a lot of us who've been through it all with these games. When I chat online with younger players, to whom GTAV/O is their first experience, it's strange how they have no idea what the graphics upgrading has been like since the early years of the game.

And that's coming from someone who was there when Pong was released! lol!!

Imagine the 10-13 year old noisemakers on GTAO being forced to play Pong as their ONLY video game option. oh my!

Anyhow, thanks again. I read every response thoroughly and enjoyed them fully! Cheers!
If anyone has more to add, I'd love to read about your experience! :)

• Like 2

unlike a few of you I can remember the fun of all the gta games.

GTA IV: what can I say absolutely hated this f*cking game and all DLC came out (2008) only good thing about 2008 was fallout 3 came out

Isn't that a little bit contradictory?

• Like 1

Imagine the 10-13 year old noisemakers on GTAO being forced to play Pong as their ONLY video game option. oh my!

couple years ago i connected my good ol nintendo nes to my old box tv, tried to get my 10yo kid to play with me and he couldnt because

"it looks so bad it hurt my eyes"

so yeah, this millenials would die of boredom if they were forced to play some old school consoles.

Shadowfennekin

1. GTA

Never played. Looked boring

2. GTA2
Same as above

3. GTAIII
This was my second GTA after Vice City. My friend grew tired of the games and gave them to me as I loved them still.

4. GTA Vice City
First GTA I played. I fell in love with it and always played it at my friend's. Thankfully we both had the Xbox so I got them when he got sick of them.

5. GTA Chinatown Wars
Didn't touch

6. GTA San Andreas
Third I played. Love the game but hate CJ.

7. GTA IV
Bought it on my birthday after the release. Hated it and left it alone, played it again a year later and discovered the gem it is. :p

The MP sucked though, die and you lose the weapons...... seriously?!

8. GTA Lost & Damned
I bought this right away upon loving IV. I loved this DLC

Hate Luis but love the game

10. GTAV & GTAO
I LOVE THIS GAME. My favorite. I enjoy both singleplayer and Online