2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Since When Can You Sell Stolen Merc Mesas?

smokingndriving

smokingndriving

Just called the Mercs on another player and without thinking, grabbed one of the Mesas - since I like them, figured what's one more.

I throw some armor on it, tracker, etc etc etc....nothing major. As I'm almost done, for kicks I click "sell" and I can sell it for $75K.

Given that I put some mods on it, the price would have been less had I just sold it upon arrival, but I'm guessing more than the 7.5K it cost me to send the Mercs after the other player....

As far as I know, the only Merryweather Mesas that can be sold are ones that were purchased off the website.

Also, did a gang attack today and when finished...nothing (didn't show screen showing +RP, etc.)

Edited by smokingndriving

well since you need to spend 7,500 to call it i think you'd be better of by grabbing a baller.

Since it was put online to buy you have been able to sell them. My two cage-less ones I transferred from PS3 with are now in fact sellable.

I just think calling the mearchs on someone or the buying them from online is now the only way to get one. Maybe save one from a mission, but the gang attack on the beach where two would spawn is gone so no free bee's there.

This is news to me, I remember at one point you couldn't store them, or sell them esp the gang attack one. But 75k, if that gets abused they'll nerf that real quick. We all remember the inflated gang cars prices the heist update brought us, which lasted I think 72 hours tops.

Edited by SteveNYC
  • Like 1

You've almost always been able to store the ones from the gang attack if you knew how, you've just not been able to sell them until a short time after putting them online to buy.

• Like 1

DentureDynamite

^^ Interesting! My question is: what's the final profit if you add up how much was spent 1) calling the Mercs, plus 2) mod costs in order to then sell it for $75k?

OP: If you get a chance to try it again, would love to know what you find out.

Failing that, I'll try and get my hands on a (stolen) Merc Mesa (I'll ask a friend to call them on me) and try it myself. :) Sounds like fun for this weekend. ;)

Edited by DentureDynamite

I called the mercenaries on another player way back shortly after launch on PS3. I was able to store it without any issue and fairly certain I had the option to sell it too. Still have it to this day and have the stock rims in black (when did they patch that harmless "glitch" I forget).

smokingndriving

$7.5k people, not $75k.

I got $75K for selling it. Not $7.5K. If it was $7.5K, probably wouldn't have posted about it. I'll have to try it again sometime soon and see what I can sell it for without modding it first, but I have to imagine it would have been more than the 7.5K it cost me to call the Mercs... If it costs $7.5K to call Mercs and you can grab one and sell it for more than it cost to call Mercs, would be a way to make a few bucks.

Also, in response to a couple of the posts, yes, you've always been able to store them but for the longest time you were not able to sell the ones you took from the gang attack or if someone called them on you and you stored one.

That's why I was surprised today. That's all.

Edited by smokingndriving

Weird, I had one I tried to sell earlier and it wouldn't let me. I've had it for a long time so maybe that makes a difference...

Since online was released.

No... Not at all. It was after Heists like someone already pointed out.

If you don't know what you're talking about, try not to clutter the forum with false info. Thnx bb.

*Thank you mods for cleaning this thread up.

Edited by krooked kouki

mmm i used to have a merryweather mesa and i had to replace it to make space for the osiris, it didnt have the sell option.

This is new. I contacted R* stating that I couldn't sell my MW Mesa from the mercs, and they said it just couldn't be sold unless you actually purchased it. This was back in July. Now, they change their mind and let you sell it?

Here's my email continuing:

On another note, I've come across vehicles in my garage that are unsellable, such as the Merryweather Mesa. I knew it couldn't be sold before when acquired through Merryweather soldiers, but now that we have the option to buy it since the Heist update, how would people who acquired the vehicle through the website go about selling it for some money back?

Warren_S_1696, Jul 14, 19:29:

Hello YngDady,

If the Mesa was obtained through the Merryweather soldiers, they still are unable to be sold, as they were previously. If you would like to remove it from the garage, simply destroy it. If the vehicle was purchased through Warstock, you should be able to sell it. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. If this does not answer your question, please let us know.

Best regards,

Warren S.

Rockstar Support

Edited by YngDady

In the beginning you could get one from the gang attack (or careless one from the mission) and stick it in your garage. Couldn't sell them, though.

Then they patched it so you couldn't save mission vehicles.

Then they patched it so you couldn't directly save them, but you could use the job corona trick to save them.

Then they patched that trick.

Then you could buy them and bought ones could be sold, unlike the previously-acquired ones.

You could still store ones from hired mercs, but I didn't think they could be sold. Perhaps it's a mistake caused by the ability to sell bought ones since they fall in the space where you can get them for free from hired mercs, yet could be bought and aren't always-unsellable any more.

Edited by ash-274

I went through a phase of collecting mesas. i went as far as cargobobbing the one from base invaders out during the mission and fire glitching it into my garage. But the paint isnt unique so that one is gone. I still have the proper utility poly black merry weather mesas from other missions as thats a unique paint.

• Like 2

You can sell one from the Merryweather Mercs but only after you've put a tracker or insurance on it.

I posted about this awhile back in one of Seawalls Topics but can't remember which one, I do remember it was a

net loss though as by the time you modify it you have spent more calling the Mercs and customising the vehicle

than it's worth.

Was thinking to go online again soon so I might recheck this.

smokingndriving

You can sell one from the Merryweather Mercs but only after you've put a tracker or insurance on it.

Ah, well there you go. I'd put a tracker and insurance on it.

mmm i used to have a merryweather mesa and i had to replace it to make space for the osiris, it didnt have the sell option.

Same here! Although my case was well before the heists update. Had 6 of them :lol: Wanted get rid of them so I purpously bought Rebels to get rid of some :lol:

Bla bla bla.who has the biggest dick. Are you criminal masterminds? Then we talk.

Edited by Schumy7

You've almost always been able to store the ones from the gang attack if you knew how, you've just not been able to sell them until a short time after putting them online to buy.

Actually that isn't true, A while back before the PS4/XB1 version was released R* patched it so you couldn't store the ones from Gang Attacks but you could store the ones you took from calling the mercs on people.

Since online was released.

No..You've only been able to store them not sell them until now, At least know what you're talking about before posting an answer...

"You've almost always been able to store the ones from the gang attack if you knew how, you've just not been able to sell them until a short time after putting them online to buy."

ALMOST as in most of the time but not always. Yes there was a short time when the blue job corona didn't work to help store gang attack/mission vehicles.

That's why I included the word almost in my statement. Yes there was a short time you could not store the ones from gang attacks but most of the time you could therefore making my statement true and not incorrect.

Sorry I get a little peeved when told that I'm incorrect about something when I know that I'm not.