2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Looks like no more updates for last gen

Aqua97

From the article.

Why the PS3 and Xbox 360 Were Left Behind

"Unfortunately, the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 won't be receiving the addition of Freemode events to GTA Online, but it stems from a desire to push the mode in new and technically-demanding directions. It's got to the point where no more can be added to last-gen versions without breaking them."

"The primary technical reason is the memory capacity for the older systems," says Sarwar. "We are constantly adding new items to the game with each update and we began approaching the memory limits after the first year of GTA Online content. We found ourselves almost at capacity after the launch of Heists but with some creative programming we managed to squeeze additional updates into those older systems which allowed us to make it as far as the two Ill Gotten Gains updates, but we can’t make any more meaningful updates without putting the stability of the entire online game at risk."

Edited by Aqua97
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all just excuses - they probably just want to push everyone to buy the game a second time. Pretty sleazy, cruel move either way if you ask me anyway.

It's unfortunate, and in a way disgusting, but most of the updates they're pushing out aren't possible on the last-gen hardware. It's unfortunate, but it's the reality of the situation.

Last gen' will still get updates. They'll just miss on certain features which cannot be accomodated on the 360 and PS3.

But if you've played any game for 2 years, I'd say you've had your money's worth out of it so you're not really loosing out if you look at it that way.

Captain Sensib1e

In other words "give us $60 more peasants! We need to hit our quarterly target for our bonuses!"

Edited by Captain Sensib1e

Last gen' will still get updates. They'll just miss on certain features which cannot be accomodated on the 360 and PS3.

But if you've played any game for 2 years, I'd say you've had your money's worth out of it so you're not really loosing out if you look at it that way.

We are constantly adding new items to the game with each update and we began approaching the memory limits after the first year of GTA Online content. We found ourselves almost at capacity after the launch of Heists but with some creative programming we managed to squeeze additional updates into those older systems which allowed us to make it as far as the two Ill Gotten Gains updates, but we can’t make any more meaningful updates without putting the stability of the entire online game at risk."

I was not expecting any kind of big update on last gen, at least not the editor and all that but what about the simple things and small features, but too bad it ended there

We are constantly adding new items to the game with each update and we began approaching the memory limits after the first year of GTA Online content. We found ourselves almost at capacity after the launch of Heists but with some creative programming we managed to squeeze additional updates into those older systems which allowed us to make it as far as the two Ill Gotten Gains updates, but we can’t make any more meaningful updates without putting the stability of the entire online game at risk."

Gta online and "stability" in the same sentence? What, really?

• Like 11

...Which is Rockstar's way to say: peasant, go buy a PS4/XB1/PC AND another copy of GTA V.

Edited by TheIceWarrior

I expect a MrBossFTW video later on pointing out what we just said.

• Like 1

maybe now we can get the things that was cut to make it work for ps3/360 like horses and restaurants

• Like 6

Well, time to get a Jailbreak and start modding then...

I've been waiting for this to push me to JB my other PS3

Mainthreadrule.gif

maybe now we can get the things that was cut to make it work for ps3/360 like horses and restaurants

Are you French?

• Like 6

ersd123fastman

Well, I'm glad I bought a PS4 at Christmas! :colgate:

And I'm glad I bought an XB1 about a week ago ;) I only have Forza Horizon 2 on it for now though until I get GTA V.

Wouldnt be a surprise if they for once gives us a decent dlc (lowrider update) and its only for next gen consoles while they wasted the memory on the old gen with sh*tty pointless updates (every update except hipster and heist). With the new rockstar then it wouldnt surprise me either if they dont want to add more stuff the old gen just to sell more copies to the newer consoles.

"Wouldn't surprise me if they're just saying this to get people to buy PS4/XB1"

"They just want us to buy new gen console"

What part of "​Console Limitation" don't people understand?

Sigh... :( it makes me angry but of course there's only so much they can do. I'm probably still not going to switch for a while, only a handful of my friends have the One and it's no fun playing by yourself! And I'm not good at making friends, most people get a shotgun to the face if they don't have a blue circle around them lol :) Just gonna have to wait until Black Friday...

shadowoperative

"Wouldn't surprise me if they're just saying this to get people to buy PS4/XB1"

"They just want us to buy new gen console"

What part of "​Console Limitation" don't people understand?

Some understand nothing about it.

• Like 2

Not really bothered since I saw it coming a long time ago.

I was planning on trading my GTA V copy for MGSV anyways.

Edited by GradeA-Hole

MeatSafeMurderer

It was going to happen eventually...but I'm afraid I have to call BS. I mean what about all the memory that is wasted on all the vehicle/ped models (cop cars, snow cars, etc) that don't normally spawn but when forced to don't cause instability at all...I mean couldn't they just get rid of them entirely online...or better yet give them to us?

Don Maximus Meridius

Well, I think vehicles/weapons/clothes can be added ad infinitum, once only the HD space are being used.

I cant see any problem adding missions and heists too, but anything that happen together with other activities, must be impossible to add from now.

fullxthrottle94

My question is why couldn't they tell us after I'll gotten gains 2 came out? Like what's the point in keeps us in the dark until now, you piss alot of people off pulling sh*t like that. If it was really at its end they would of known at the end of IGG and could have avoided this buy giving people more tome to save up for current gen for the new update