2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Recent changes to insurgent...

Nerfgoth

Played convoy yesterday and my Insurgent was easily blown up by the the Savage. Did get curious and checkt my upgrades at the modshop and they had removed the armor upgrade from the car. Anyone else noticed this?

Played cops capacity today and we got blown up either by one of our stickies or the cops, seemed unusual to say the least that a single sticky would take out an Insurgent.

The Insurgent and Armored Kuruma didn't have the armor upgrade from the start. They come with 80% armor by default, the only way to get 100% or 20% more is through iFruit + Charles.

ShockmasterGTA

I just tested this out with my Insurgent. It took 3 rockets to blow it up. I was shooting at it from the side near the passenger seat. I had to pay 16k insurance but hey I'm rich.

Meanwhile dem wall breaches are probably still there 2 years later

ShockmasterGTA

Didn't the insurgent always take like 3 rockets?

I had to test it. I experienced something similar as the OP.

I was doing Pacific Standard Convoy a few days ago and the helicopter blew up my Insurgent too. The only thing I can think of is maybe it shot a rocket at the Kuruma parked next to the Insurgent and it set off a chain reaction causing the Insurgent to blow up.

I was doing Pacific Standard Convoy a few days ago and the helicopter blew up my Insurgent too. The only thing I can think of is maybe it shot a rocket at the Kuruma parked next to the Insurgent and it set off a chain reaction causing the Insurgent to blow up.

I was in the clear for a perfect hit, no cars around. As said earlier those damn hot-fixes! I hope every bitcher and moaner is happy now when it got nerfed...................................

ShockmasterGTA

I was in the clear for a perfect hit, no cars around. As said earlier those damn hot-fixes! I hope every bitcher and moaner is happy now when it got nerfed...................................

They could have buffed the Savages rockets. Too early to tell. I'll need to test this out more. Anyone want to invite me to Convoy?

It still takes 3 rockets to blow it up in freemode same as it always was. Like I said, I tested it out myself.

Edited by Russell_Brand

The Insurgent and Armored Kuruma didn't have the armor upgrade from the start. They come with 80% armor by default, the only way to get 100% or 20% more is through iFruit + Charles.

Can you explain what you mean by this?

Just a couple of days ago I was driving an Insurgent, and got shot a few times by a tank. It must've taken at least 5 shots before it blew up, so I'm guessing if it was nerfed, it must've been a very recent nerf.

I hope it wasn't, there wasn't really anything wrong with it.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

Did that insurgent get hit by the savages gun tho ?

Maybe its just nerfed in heists/setups, but still remain armored in freeroam?

Edited by Hylskriksen

When did rockstar thought that the insurgent was overpowered?? the windows aren't bullet-proof,so the weaklings don't need to worry about trying to exploding the car,you can just shoot the windows instead! there is no need to nerf.

Edited by Arachne

ShockmasterGTA

Maybe its just nerfed in heists/setups, but still remain armored in freeroam?

I need to test it but it would be a pain to go through the setups to get to Convoy and let the Savage hit me. If I play with randoms they'll most likely blow up the Savage before it has a chance to shoot the Insurgent or someone will drive off with the Barracks and die.

I've been told before that vehicles are stronger with someone in them than they are when empty, so whoever tests this should probably bear that in mind. Also, it might be worth comparing the strength of the Insurgent pick up vs the non - armed Insurgent, since I was in the pick up when I got hit by the tank. It could also be a current gen only thing (I'm on 360), in which case it could easily be a glitch.

ShockmasterGTA

I've been told before that vehicles are stronger with someone in them than they are when empty, so whoever tests this should probably bear that in mind. Also, it might be worth comparing the strength of the Insurgent pick up vs the non - armed Insurgent, since I was in the pick up when I got hit by the tank. It could also be a current gen only thing (I'm on 360), in which case it could easily be a glitch.

The only time I use the Insurgent is for Convoy. If R* nerfed it, I'm using the Kuruma instead. It's a shame, the vehicle you drive should not even matter if you do the mission right.

If you camp and take a defensive position somewhere and let all the Merryweather guys come to you and pick them off one by one you should never have to worry about the choppers getting near you but unfortunately there is always that guy who must drive off in the Barracks like a bat out of hell and ruin everything.

Played a bunch of rockets vs. insurgents tonight, and those insurgents took three rockets as normal. So if it was nerfed, it was not universal. My guess would be a glitch, as there would be no reason to nerf it just for the setups.

I like to put a sticky on the front of my Insurgent and pin another player's car against a wall when I blow it up.

Me and my Insurgent survive, go to LSC, and repeat the process.

Boy, is it fun and often gets people to try and kick you.

HAHAHA!!!

0_0.jpg

• Like 1

I've been told before that vehicles are stronger with someone in them than they are when empty.

That is correct. Ive tried it myself.

I like to put a sticky on the front of my Insurgent and pin another player's car against a wall when I blow it up.

HAHAHA!!!

0_0.jpg

Wow that is an ugly Slam Van.

the insurgent and the armored kuruma comes with 60-80% armor.

no armor upgrades are available on LSC, the only way to get 100% armor is by sedding a modified order to the game using R* ifruit app and a program named Charles.

while upgraded to 100% the insurgent takes a lot more explosives and damage to get destroyed, normally between 7-10 explosives to get destroyed. the kuruma takes more damage and depending on the damage it can even resist an explosion.

SkynetOnlineID

the insurgent and the armored kuruma comes with 60-80% armor.

no armor upgrades are available on LSC, the only way to get 100% armor is by sedding a modified order to the game using R* ifruit app and a program named Charles.

while upgraded to 100% the insurgent takes a lot more explosives and damage to get destroyed, normally between 7-10 explosives to get destroyed. the kuruma takes more damage and depending on the damage it can even resist an explosion.

The armored kuruma could survive a sticky bomb with the glitch/mod. Last time I checked you couldn't get 100 percent armor with iFruit + Charles anymore. To those who did going into LSC would remove the extra armor.

• Like 1

hah , this is because of savage's minigun ( as an explosive-round with high rate of fire would blew up insurgent without much efforts )

i remembered i've got shredded by same savage in armo-kuruma

You say they come with 80% armour as standard and that you can add the other 20%, that's not quite correct.

They come with 'manufacturer's armour' - which may well equate to 80%, but through i-fruit you can add LSC's 100% armour.

I've not tested since the OP's claim, but recently a standard Insurgent (with driver inside) would take 4 RPGs to destroy.

An illicitly upgraded one with extra armour took 9 RPGs to destroy it, again with the driver (fewer if empty in both cases).

That sounds to me like 80% + 100% armour.

While I don't own either of the armored PVs personally I think the Insurgent was fine the way it was, though I can't say that about the Kuruma, but well you know Rockstar, lol.

F8i4bRU.png

HAHAHA!!!

0_0.jpg

its a good way to blow up a tank