2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

About bulletproof helmets...

Chief theef

What helmet setup offers the most protection?

Does the bulletproof helmet not protect against shots to the face?

What about the bike helmets? My guess is that they dont offer as much protection as the bulletproof helmets, but they do cover the face though right?

Is it possible to wear a bulletproof helmet with some type of mask? Would that make me even more resistant to headshots? Or have head and face protection at the same time? Or does the bulletproof helmet actually protect against face shots too?

Miss Malevolent

You get shot in the face...you should die.

No bike helmets and masks or combos of the 2 don't equal bulletproofing.

I know i wont be bulletproof. I just want to know the most optimal setup for the most protection. If you dont have any useful info to contribute, stay out of my topic and quit the trolling.

• Like 9

All helmets protect against one shot kill headshots

no, that's wrong.

only the bulletproof helmet protects.

the bulletproof helmets also protect against face shots.

other helmets (or masks) don't protect, only the bulletproof helmet protects (you need to get one more headshot to get killed).

Edited by size_m
  • Like 3

Does the bulletproof helmet offer any protection against getting shot in the face? Conidering my face is about 90% of the hitbox on my head.

What about the bike helmets? My guess is that they dont offer as much protection as the bulletproof helmets, but they do cover the face though right?

Is it possible to wear a bulletproof helmet with some type of mask? Would that make me even more resistant to headshots? Or have head and face protection at the same time? Or does the bulletproof helmet actually protect against face shots too?

The BP helmet protects your entire head. Despite your face not being covered, the BP will still protect it. As for a motorcycle helmet (and others), I'm not entirely sure but I would say they provide no added protection.

There is a glitch that can be used to have a helmet and mask on, at the same time. It involves using an ATV...it would be best if you search for the instructions on YouTube or someone in here may provide the step by step. I'm not about to go into writing the steps down., sorry.

Edited by Chamber53DV

other helmets (or masks) don't protect, only the bulletproof helmets protects (you need to get one more headshot to get killed).

Thakns for the tip.

Well you know how the bike helmets help reduce damage from crashing on a bike? I wonder if the bulletproof helmets will function the same way.

The BP helmet protects your entire head. Despite your face not being covered, the BP will still protect it. As for a motorcycle helmet (and others), I'm not entirely sure but I would say they provide no added protection.

There is a glitch that can be used to have a helmet and mask on, at the same time. It involves using an ATV...it would be best if you search for the instructions on YouTube or someone in here may provide the step by step. I'm not about to go into writing the steps down., sorry.

Thanks. I will look into that. I wonder if there is any type of protection stacking that could be done. Like dont the hockey masks or the metal masks (i forgot the name) provide some type of benefit?

Save your BP helmet and outfit.

Go to a shop with a drinks machine and place on the mask you want.

Buy a drink from the machine, and whilst your character is drinking the can, push in the inventory button.

When the inventory menu comes up, quickly go to the outfit you want with the mask and select it.

Save the end result in your outfit menu.

Regarding the bike helmets, wasn't there a test done some time back that showed the helmets offered some extra protection, but only if they were placed on whilst riding a bike? The extra protection wasn't much, but that's an answer nonetheless.

Bulletproof helmets protect you from 1 headshot kills. Regular helmets don't. They're a b*tch in a deathmatch.

Edited by Nick1020

other helmets (or masks) don't protect, only the bulletproof helmets protects (you need to get one more headshot to get killed).

Thakns for the tip.

Well you know how the bike helmets help reduce damage from crashing on a bike? I wonder if the bulletproof helmets will function the same way.

Thanks. I will look into that. I wonder if there is any type of protection stacking that could be done. Like dont the hockey masks or the metal masks (i forgot the name) provide some type of benefit?

No, they only serve a cosmetic purpose.

xInfamousRYANx

no, that's wrong.

other helmets (or masks) don't protect, only the bulletproof helmet protects (you need to get one more headshot to get killed).

No you are wrong sir wrong!

I have tested with friends motorcycle helmets of any kind also protect. Any helmet in the gelmet category protects regardless of facial exposure

• Like 1

no, that's wrong.

No you are wrong sir wrong!

I have tested with friends motorcycle helmets of any kind also protect. Any helmet in the gelmet category protects regardless of facial exposure

But the BP helmets protect more, right? I mean thats the only way to justify a 20000$ price tag imo.

FrugalDangerMan

Regarding the bike helmets, wasn't there a test done some time back that showed the helmets offered some extra protection, but only if they were placed on whilst riding a bike? The extra protection wasn't much, but that's an answer nonetheless.

I recall seeing a video like that. Recorded in Vespucchi Beach I think.

• Like 1

slimeball supreme

ONLY NERDS WEAR HELMETS

NERD

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

Bulletproof helmet with heavy armor equipped while sitting inside of a Kuruma with your head down inside a cave far away from other players. But it won't protect you from run-on sentences.

I don't understand the hate against the bphelmet. Why is it ok to wear a vest, but not a helmet? How many bullets does it stop? 1? Wow! What an advantage! And before you start namecalling, no, i don't own a helmet, i don't even play dm's and i couldn't care less about being shot in freeroam.

• Like 3

I guess they protect from stuff they are design to protect,bulletproof helmet from bullets and motorcycle helmets from bike crashes (I once saw some video showing that they do reduce damage from falling head first from a bike).

I don't understand the hate against the bphelmet. Why is it ok to wear a vest, but not a helmet? How many bullets does it stop? 1? Wow! What an advantage! And before you start namecalling, no, i don't own a helmet, i don't even play dm's and i couldn't care less about being shot in freeroam.

you don't play DM's but you got an opinion on how they effect DM's. smooth.

This topic isnt about weither or not you like it when other players wear the BP helmets.

If anything you should take your complaints to R*. They are the ones who put it in the game.

But seeing as it is in the game, its perfectly viable and fair to wear one.

And the main reason i might wear one is because of the douchebags that try to spawn trap with sniper rifles in free roam.

Edited by WasHanin
  • Like 1

Can someone test to see if the BP helmet protects against melee damage? For example, a knuckleduster punch to the noggin?

This topic isnt about weither or not you like it when other players wear the BP helmets.

If anything you should take your complaints to R*. They are the ones who put it in the game.

But seeing as it is in the game, its perfectly viable and fair to wear one.

And the main reason i might wear one is because of the douchebags that try to spawn trap with sniper rifles in free roam.

I don't like when others use BP helmets.

There's a much easier method to combine a mask + helmet (or hat, possible glasses as well but only with certain masks), but the mask contributes nothing to protection; just appearance. No ATV or motorcycle needed, just a high-end apartment.

A helmet that can withstand a bullet from any handheld gun... The helmet would hold up, but the shockwaves would probably turn your brain into goo immediately after the initial impact of the heavy sniper round broke your neck, LOL.