2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Do you think Fallout 4 will outsell or be better than GTA 5?

Aquilus

Does anyone think that Fallout 4 will outsell or be better than GTA 5? I know they're two different genres and games but GTA 5 is just pretty damn critically acclaimed and I feel Fallout 4 is or might try to knock GTA 5 off the throne. But does anyone here have a thought? I know this might be a bias discussion considering this a GTA forum but I think it's a least a little worth it. I posted this question on NMA too, a lot of the responses there was that GTA 5 will always be better than Fallout 4 considering most of them hate Bethesda for ruining the series with Fallout 3 making the series too much of a joke and not focused on the darkness of nuclear war. But what do you think?

Edited by Aquilus

The Dedito Gae

Does anyone think that Fallout 4 will outsell or be better than GTA 5? I know they're two different genres ..,.

Dude, it's imposible to compare two games like this, i don't know sh*t about Fallout, but the comparation of a first person shooter with a sandbox game it's impossible to make, gta it's a multiplatform game (the first and best), can you drive a car in fallout?

can you get a haircut, fly a plane, fist fight someone on the street?

• Like 2

Um does this really matter? These are different games...

I don't think Bethesda cares about a game that came out two years ago I swear some people here are stuck in 2013

I just want to play Fallout 4

Edited by Zello

Does anyone think that Fallout 4 will outsell or be better than GTA 5? I know they're two different genres ..,.

Dude, it's imposible to compare two games like this, i don't know sh*t about Fallout, but the comparation of a first person shooter with a sandbox game it's impossible to make, gta it's a multiplatform game (the first and best), can you drive a car in fallout?

Well you can get a haircut and you can fist fight people in the streets.

The Dedito Gae

why would you get a haircut in a FPV game?

also, worth repeating:

...i don't know sh*t about Fallout..

Looking at the sales numbers of the predecessor... the PS4 version might not even sell as much as the PS4 version of V. Since V is on five platforms and Fallout 4 on only three you can't really compare it anyway. If it's going to be better than V... I don't know and I don't really care, never played any Fallout game. I also don't think R* cares about it, people might come here and say how much better Fallout 4 is, or MGS V, or whatever new game people mention that "overshadows" V but that won't hurt R*. The only thing those games have in common is the open-world anyway.

Edited by DaWiesel

Fair enough,but they are apples and oranges.There isn't any Post-Apocalyptic GTA no?Exactly.

Different audiences,different goals,different developers,different perceptions of the genre.With GTA being very much mainstream,and Falout not being so much,I don't think F4 will GTA V at all.

Fair enough,but they are apples and oranges.There isn't any Post-Apocalyptic GTA no?Exactly.

Different audiences,different goals,different developers,different perceptions of the genre.With GTA being very much mainstream,and Fallout not being so much,I don't think F4 will succeed GTA V at all.

Good point. But if you don't think it will succeed it in its sales, do you think it succeed it in having better gameplay or mechanics? I'll admit GTA 5 is less of an eyesore to look considering F4 runs on the creation engine. Same as Skyrim released 4 years ago.

Shadowfennekin

I don't think it'll outsell GTA V.

And I love both series so I'm staying out of the "Will it be better" part :p

why would you get a haircut in a FPV game?

It's also a TPV game, You know.

OT: I don't think that F4 would outsell V, But you may never know.

Edited by MarkyEvansy

nightmare-slain

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#All_platforms

GTA V is the 4th best selling video game of all time behind only Tetris/Minecraft & Wii Sports. Do you seriously think that Fallout 4 is gonna top that? Let me tell you right now that it will not.

Fallout 3 only sold 4.7 million in ~8 weeks after launch. GTA V sold 29 million copies in 6 weeks after launch. While I do think Fallout 4 will sell more than Fallout 3 you just can't compare both Fallout/GTA. GTA is in a different league.

tl;dr GTA can outsell CoD, Super Mario, Battlefield, Pokemon, The Sims. Nevermind Fallout.

Edited by one55
  • Like 5

slimeball supreme

No way, absoulutely no way.

Fallout is one of the most incredible game series of all time, with interesting lore, a choice at every turn, an amazing setting, and more variety than you could shake a stick at. But it won't even come close to V.

• Like 3

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

I cant tell you which game is better, Fallout 4 isnt out yet

GTA is a top dog thou and Fallout not so much, but FO4 will probably outsell FO3 ( dont know about Skyrim )

There are 15 mil views on the first Fallout 4 trailer so i think it wont sell bad atleast

It won't outsell GTA V, but outselling GTA V is going to be a very difficult task regardless of what franchise you may be, considering it's one of the best-selling games of all time. Nothing against Fallout, because it's going to have a very successful launch.

Fallout is popular, but isn't popular enough for it to make $1 billion in 3 days so no.

Edited by D9fred95

OP, you need to realize how high 1 billion dollars is. That's how much Rockstar made in 3 days off of GTA V. Hell in the first day they made 800 million. It's going to take a lot of advertising to get people hyped enough to pass that billion dollar mark.

Edited by J Cobra

Xing of Virtue

If not for the epic false advertising that R* pulled, then GTA 5 would have fallen behind for sure.

If not for the epic false advertising that R* pulled, then GTA 5 would have fallen behind for sure.

All you have is a damn helicopter off of singleplayer missing along with signs and sh*t. That's not what you call an epic false advertising trailer. I swear that then and now thread is such a joke.

Edited by J Cobra
  • Like 3

Would it though? Firstly, it's GTA, it would have definitely sold well regardless and secondly, the moment people heard it was taking place in Los Santos, people were really hyped up for it. GTA V was pretty destined to sell a lot.

slimeball supreme

There was no false advertisement, that's stupid.
  • Like 2

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

Good point. But if you don't think it will succeed it in its sales, do you think it succeed it in having better gameplay or mechanics? I'll admit GTA 5 is less of an eyesore to look considering F4 runs on the creation engine. Same as Skyrim released 4 years ago.

I agree that Fallout 4 will definitely be better content wise,but its doesn't have the popularity factor.Which GTA DOES have.

"Dynamic NPC lives" were kind of a lie :p

Edited by VikDarkbomb

slimeball supreme

I agree that Fallout 4 will definitely be better content wise,but its doesn't have the popularity factor.Which GTA DOES have.

"Dynamic NPC lives" were kind of a lie :p

Yeah, I guess so.

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

It'll be a way better game but it won't outsell GTA V because the audience isn't as large. Way less kids, casuals and of course multiplayer only gamers play Fallout than GTA V. It'll still sell like hotcakes but I don't see it surpassing V's sale numbers

I think he's making the comparison because FO4 is far and away the biggest game to come out since GTA V in terms of hype and anticipation.

slimeball supreme

In the newest one:

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes

-Yes

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

I guess it will outsell GTA 5 in short term.

It isn't planned as Online game, though, so Bethesda won't have so much continuous aftersale revenue, like Rockstar.

Or will they?

There must be a reason why Beth forced to can Interplays Project V13 with a lawsuit, a Online project.

Should the crowd burst out in mad cheers on a Fallout MMO, it will draw me a vapid "yay", as i watch Overlord Ep.1 and remember the last days of 2238, which i spent sorting out the legendary loot and bid farewell to my slaves, mercs and alts in my base.

And, oh, Fallout 4 will be definitely better in terms of mods, as Beth actually see the modding community as a part of their revenue, contrary to R*, which maybe don't combat it officially, but throws sticks and stones in its path.

Edited by Alvarez

I guess it will outsell GTA 5 in short term.

It isn't planned as Online game, though, so Bethesda won't have so much continuous aftersale revenue, like Rockstar.

Or will they?

There must be a reason why Beth forced to can Interplays Project V13 with a lawsuit, a Online project.

Should the crowd burst out in mad cheers on a Fallout MMO, it will draw me a vapid "yay", as i watch Overlord Ep.1 and remember the last days of 2238, which i spent sorting out the legendary loot and bid farewell to my slaves, mercs and alts in my base.

And, oh, Fallout 4 will be definitely better in terms of mods, as Beth actually see the modding community as a part of their revenue, contrary to R*, which maybe don't combat it officially, but throws sticks and stones in its path.

Well there's also Fallout Online Reloaded you know. And Ashes of Phoenix so not all is lost.

Dee-account-with-1kbans

Sales and reviews don't matter. Just look at V and IV.

Fallout 4 will have tons of content. Something V barely has

One guy on NMA even said that Fallout 2 is far better than anything GTA 5 had to offer. And I've played all of the Fallouts except for Tactics and BOS.