2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

loading screens

thegaffa31

Rockstar really need to do something about the loading time, it takes ages to load a simple mission up and Evan then some times is doesn't load, this is really frustrating and getting sick of playing gta 5 because of this, any one else tho k the same?

TheTechPoTaToCHIP

More of an online problem since once the game loads onto single player, every mission loads seamlessly #singleplayermasterrace

DavidJames2013

I seem to be the only one who ever since the ill gotten gains update. Online took about twn mins to load. No joke 10 mins. But ever since the uodate it only takes about 2 to 3 minutes so im really happy. Im on PS4 btw.

look at the business logic

if having a dedicated servers gonna increase your operating cost thereby shrinking the profits or stay with current arrangements and close your eyes and ears to all the cries for dedicated servers since the game still can be played somehow, you know which direction you gonna take if your in this business

so take your cake and eat it

• Like 1

I've noticed loading times have been dramatically shorter since the R* scheduled maintenance a few weeks ago (PS3).

It's not perfect, but it's much quicker than it used to be, at least on my end.

KgQS6by.jpg?1

CarlitoDorito

I remember waiting about 5 minutes for games to load a few years ago, The old Atari, half an hour! Bloody multi coloured lines going up and down and a very annoying sound, sometimes the games wouldn't load at all! Count yourself lucky sir.

V, from rockstar logo to game takes about a minute on PS4, maybe a few seconds more. Apparently you can speed loading up a bit with an ssd or hybrid hard drive. The difference isn't much though.

If you're not a fan of loading screens, I suggest playing something besides GTA Online.

Or just have a little patience and wait nicely in the clouds like the rest of us.

Rockstar really need to do something about the loading time, it takes ages to load a simple mission up and Evan then some times is doesn't load, this is really frustrating and getting sick of playing gta 5 because of this, any one else tho k the same?

Try loading from an invite only room.

But this is the game we bought remember?

vGhbYjs.png

Awsome picture

• Like 2

whywontyoulisten

You kids have no idea what we used to have to put up with.

5945606653_26848f4a9a.jpg

• Like 2

FrugalDangerMan

Below is not my content.

Kids these days have no regard for who we are, how long we've been playing, or what we've seen. The Dreamcast era, the great console wars, the atrocity of the Sega CD

Motherf*cker, I am 35 years old, and I've been gaming since I was younger than you. You're upset that GTAV takes a few minutes to load its detail rich graphics? I remember when we didn't have graphics. I spent all night playing MUDs; my graphics were speed-reading.

You think Mario is a cliche? I remember when he wasn't a thing. I've been playing games since before Mario. That's like being alive before Jesus. You're all, "Excuse me, I think I know what I'm talking about -- I've been to Bible college," but you don't realize you're talking to a B.C. motherf*cker.

You complaining to me about your DLC and connection issues -- it's like complaining about your fancy steak being overcooked, when I was around before steak. I was running the Earth before mammals. I was back there eating the goddamn dinosaurs. All chewing on stegosaurus plates and sh*t. Oh, your meat is dry? My dinner is spikes. Raw spikes.

I am literally old enough to f*ck your mother and it wouldn't be weird. I mean, supposing she was into it. People would see us together and they wouldn't be all, "That's inappropriate." They'd be like, "Good for her; they seem nice together." We'd hold hands and take funny pictures in a photo booth, and when she falls asleep in my arms, spent and satisfied, I'm so old that I wouldn't even get weird about it when she farts in her sleep. Because I not only accept the faults of the human body but actually get some comfort from the humanizing effect it has on her.

Now stop complaining and play the game you little b*tch.

Arrows to Athens

Below is not my content.

Kids these days have no regard for who we are, how long we've been playing, or what we've seen. The Dreamcast era, the great console wars, the atrocity of the Sega CD

Motherf*cker, I am 35 years old, and I've been gaming since I was younger than you. You're upset that GTAV takes a few minutes to load its detail rich graphics? I remember when we didn't have graphics. I spent all night playing MUDs; my graphics were speed-reading.

You think Mario is a cliche? I remember when he wasn't a thing. I've been playing games since before Mario. That's like being alive before Jesus. You're all, "Excuse me, I think I know what I'm talking about -- I've been to Bible college," but you don't realize you're talking to a B.C. motherf*cker.

You complaining to me about your DLC and connection issues -- it's like complaining about your fancy steak being overcooked, when I was around before steak. I was running the Earth before mammals. I was back there eating the goddamn dinosaurs. All chewing on stegosaurus plates and sh*t. Oh, your meat is dry? My dinner is spikes. Raw spikes.

I am literally old enough to f*ck your mother and it wouldn't be weird. I mean, supposing she was into it. People would see us together and they wouldn't be all, "That's inappropriate." They'd be like, "Good for her; they seem nice together." We'd hold hands and take funny pictures in a photo booth, and when she falls asleep in my arms, spent and satisfied, I'm so old that I wouldn't even get weird about it when she farts in her sleep. Because I not only accept the faults of the human body but actually get some comfort from the humanizing effect it has on her.

So he went from video games to having a hypothetical relationship with our mothers and human flatulence.

cherylcries.gif

Edited by Fearx--
  • Like 4

DentureDynamite

Some of us remember playing an ASCII-based "Skiing" game on the C= Pet...

ClaudeSpeed1911

Liked for the nostalgia but there is no excuse to not fix the loading screen.

The thing that I hate most in Online and makes me not play it much is the loading screen.

whywontyoulisten

It's not the loading screens so much as being bounced in and out of the clouds a million times after every failure to join a session/job/queue (whether you click "yes" or "no") etc.

Below is not my content.

Edited by thegaffa31

I've been playing games longer than both of you, and was writing games before either of you were born. That said, I agree with the OP because I know for a fact that the loading times and all the cloud watching is due to bad programming and nothing more. If it were because the mission had to load from a tape then that would be different story, but it doesn't. It's just bad.

• Like 2

FrugalDangerMan

Below is not my content.

listen man ya little mong your only a few year older than me so get a grip, your acting like a keyboard warrior. if you dont like the post then dont comment on it

How about you grow a sense of humor. Sheesh.

Haha the rageeeeeee in here. OT though they clouds f*ck me off. Take far too long.

Edited by Besty.88

It's one (pretty small) open map with AI and objects that spawn feet away from us in plain sight, there's no good reason for all this loading imo. I think it was added because R* really liked that cloud view when the cloud loads, added realism :/

To be fair, the startup load screen time varies depending on your hardware but the job loading screens seem like it takes an eternity considering the map and players are already loaded. It's most likely done to give their horrible matchmaking system time to do it's job horribly. As you may know, it takes more time to do a job poorly over and over than to do it right once, that's why I personally think we're all waiting in the clouds and other loading screens for ages.