2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

What is the most difficult Mission/Side Mission?

RageGamz

I think the SPANK suicide bombers was hard and the import/export missions (only the sercuricar) . The rampages in my opinion were DEFINITELY the hardest especially if you have already beaten the game. I really think what makes it so hard is.

1: the aiming is unbearable

2: just the complete randomness for example: being pushed into the water by police if your on a mission or the mafia shooting at you and blowing up your car.

The aiming is unbearable how?

The only tough thing about this game for me is that dumb Ambulance mission.

• Like 2

fV9tG4b.gif

I'd say none if you do them at the right time and with the right resources.

That's what I love about Grand Theft Auto III. It doesn't hold your hand and take you through everything. It gives you the power of choice of how you should approach missions and gameplay.

Espresso-2-go! was pain in the butt back in the day. But i eventually masterd this mission and now have no problem beating it. That was the only hard thing i thought about gta 3. Other than the annoying ass mafia and their shotguns.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

Espresso-2-go! was pain in the butt back in the day. But i eventually masterd this mission and now have no problem beating it. That was the only hard thing i thought about gta 3. Other than the annoying ass mafia and their shotguns.

All you needed was the BP Patriot to avoid being killed by the Leones. :)

Did the ambulance mission on my first attempt.

And the aiming is unbearable as in it suckkkkssss

What platform?

fV9tG4b.gif

People saying that aiming sucks probably play the 10th anniversary edition on Android or iOS. I can relate to that - aiming on mobile versions really sucks and makes some missions that involve shooting hard as hell.

Edited by stef_92

People saying that aiming sucks probably play the 10th anniversary edition on Android or iOS. I can relate to that - aiming on mobile versions really sucks and makes some missions that involve shooting hard as hell.

Actually, while aiming on PC is definitely easier than on the other platforms, even aiming with the mouse is somewhat broken, because the sensitivity option affects only the vertical aiming, not the horizontal (or was it the other way around).

If I'd have to choose, it would be Patriot Playground and Gripped.

Hardest story missions: Kingdom Come (already mentioned in first post), Espresso-2-Go (mafia with shotguns) and S.A.M. (hitting the plane, avoiding the explosion and also avoiding the cops).

Hardest side missions: Paramedic, Patriot Playground and Gripped.

All you needed was the BP Patriot to avoid being killed by the Leones. :) See the problem was i never thought of using the patriot. Either because some idiot with blue shorts kept on jacking me on the streets or just had bad karma and my patriot would flip over at high speeds lol :lol: Or just didn't use it in total and left it in one of my safe houses. Edited by GTA_The_Series

@stef_92 Couldn't agree more. What would happen if you wanted to shoot an NPC for whatever reason and you shoot a cop near by intead?...Yeah controls for the Mobile were kinda hard to get used to :/ That's one of the reasons why i preferred playing gta 3 on my PC.

Edited by GTA_The_Series

The Portland Import/Export Garage is arguably a pretty difficult side-mission, at least on PS2. I wouldn't call it the most difficult though. The spawn rates of the Securicar, Bus, Flatbed, Mr Whoopee, and Trashmaster is very, very low on the PS2 version of the game, making the mission a bitch to complete. Not so much for PC though.

I've never found Kingdom Come to be very hard. Probably because I always stand on a ledge and throw grenades below me to kill the SPANK psychos. Maybe I should make it a little more challenging for myself :lol:

Espresso-2-Go! used to be hard for me until I played it enough times to memorize the locations of the "coffee" stands.

Patriot Playground and Gripped! used to be hard for me, but not anymore since I've done them so many times.

For me, S.A.M. is probably the hardest mission due to reasons mentioned previously: a) successfully blowing up the Dodo with the rocket launcher and avoiding the explosion, and b) escaping the cops to make it back to the construction site in Fort Staunton.
I'm gonna go with the general consensus and say that Paramedic is the hardest side-mission due to the Paramedic's high tendency to roll if you're not careful while cornering. I guess it's also valid to say that the mission presents considerable difficulty, unless it is completed before Sayonara Salvatore, because of a) the Mafia and their insanely powreful shotguns on Portland, and b) Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale are harder to navigate than Portland, therefore you've really only got a small window of time to complete the side-mission easily.

San Andreas Countryside
Meet the GTA 3 players who've spent a decade playing pass-the-pad to 100% the game - GamesRadar

GTA:LCS Save Editor - Supports Android, iOS, PS2, and PSP saves!

GTA3 Save Editor  - Big update in the works!

The rampage where you have to kill 30 yardies with a rocket launcher behind the church. Holy sh*t I hate that one. And the paramedic missions of course.

WbZaxRP.png

Actually, while aiming on PC is definitely easier than on the other platforms, even aiming with the mouse is somewhat broken, because the sensitivity option affects only the vertical aiming, not the horizontal (or was it the other way around).

It affects only the horizontal axis but this bug is present in VC only... at least for me. However there's a fix for that and it's for both GTA 3 and Vice City.

Neon-Noir 198X

Ambulance Missions.

Got to 90% completion before realizing it was almost literally impossible to beat them with all the gang hatred <_<

It affects only the horizontal axis but this bug is present in VC only... at least for me. However there's a fix for that and it's for both GTA 3 and Vice City.

I dunno about you but that issue is there for me in III, VC and SA. And I know there's a fix, but I prefer playing without CLEO installed. That caused so much crashed for me in the past I'd rather avoid it.

I dunno about you but that issue is there for me in III, VC and SA. And I know there's a fix, but I prefer playing without CLEO installed. That caused so much crashed for me in the past I'd rather avoid it.

No no, it's not CLEO, it's a simple ASI.

https://github.com/ThirteenAG/Y-Axis_Sensitivity_Fix_gta3vcsa/releases

It's for 3, VC and SA. You can give it a try

Kingdom Come in PS2 ( you can't move your camera and suck ass auto aim)

And Gripped!

That's it any other missions were cinch to complete.

I'm pretty sure there was also a CLEO file for that. Meh, whatever.

The Portland Import/Export Garage is arguably a pretty difficult side-mission, at least on PS2. I wouldn't call it the most difficult though. The spawn rates of the Securicar, Bus, Flatbed, Mr Whoopee, and Trashmaster is very, very low on the PS2 version of the game, making the mission a bitch to complete. Not so much for PC though.

I've never found Kingdom Come to be very hard. Probably because I always stand on a ledge and throw grenades below me to kill the SPANK psychos. Maybe I should make it a little more challenging for myself :lol:

Espresso-2-Go! used to be hard for me until I played it enough times to memorize the locations of the "coffee" stands.

Patriot Playground and Gripped! used to be hard for me, but not anymore since I've done them so many times.

For me, S.A.M. is probably the hardest mission due to reasons mentioned previously: a) successfully blowing up the Dodo with the rocket launcher and avoiding the explosion, and b) escaping the cops to make it back to the construction site in Fort Staunton.

I'm gonna go with the general consensus and say that Paramedic is the hardest side-mission due to the Paramedic's high tendency to roll if you're not careful while cornering. I guess it's also valid to say that the mission presents considerable difficulty, unless it is completed before Sayonara Salvatore, because of a) the Mafia and their insanely powreful shotguns on Portland, and b) Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale are harder to navigate than Portland, therefore you've really only got a small window of time to complete the side-mission easily.

I only found Kingdom Come very hard 2 years ago on my first 100% playthrough and this mission took me a couple of attempts until I realized I could just get on ramp and throw some grenades from here. This is what I did on this last playthrough and it worked fine, I passed that mission on first try.

Espresso-2-Go was hard again on my first 100% playthrough as I used to ran out of time because I would never find the remaining stands. This time I did on first try because I memorized the stand locations.

Thanks for agreeing me on S.A.M., I always had some bad luck on this mission, I remember on my first 100% playthrough, I did on second try since on first try the cops killed me and I could have survived if I didn't lose my armor because of plane explosion. Now on last playthrough I did on first try but with 59 health remaining (had 100 health and 100 armor before I started mission) but the damn plane exploded over me, took all my armor and some health, had 84 remaining after I collected packages, lost 25 more on my way to construction site because a f*cking cop flipped my Banshee right in front of construction site and had to go on foot while getting shot 3 times.

Patriot Playground and Gripped! (as well as A Ride in the Park) are annoying because it is easy to flip vehicle over and fail mission. Otherwise they aren't very difficult.

EDIT: I also agree on the import/export side mission, Mr.Whoopee is the hardest vehicle to find. Others are rare but not as rare as Mr.Whoopee.

Edited by GTAGuy1995

Lethal Vaccine

I can't say I find anything difficult (now a days). I used to think some of the Rampages, like the Headshot Only and Flamethrower on Colombians were very difficult, but now a days I get them all first try, pretty much. I also used to think A Drop in the Ocean was annoying (not difficult) as well as S.A.M. and what not, but after 5 playthroughs to 100% (4 on PS2 and 1 on iOS), it's not hard anymore. Practice makes perfect...

Probably the hardest task in III, even though it's still not actually that hard, is probably obtaining the BP/EP/FP Bobcat from Evidence Dash OR the BP/EP/FP Cheetah from Turismo with PASSING the Mission, but I have done all of the above already no problem...

EDIT: Perhaps the only challenging part in regards to III RIGHT NOW at the current time for me is storing the 13 Special Vehicles since they have to all be arranged and stored a specific way to make all 13 fit...But even that, I done it 2 times on PS2 and 1 time on iOS...

Edited by Militia

III was really easy on Pc imo, I passed S.A.M. on my second atempt, on the first one the plane landed already. Worst I guess was Turismo after SS. Espreso-2-go and Big and Veiny are easier cuz the Leone cocksuckers have Uzis instead of Shotguns.

DhF4CUK7S5mrQmZkTLK8DA.png

Paramedic, Gripped!, and Patriot Playground, in no particular order. No actual story mission was too hard for me, but collecting special vehicles on missions does get tough at times. For example, collecting the BP/FP/EP Bobcat is one major pain in the ass, and so is the non-EP Tank from the mission Arms Shortage (only done to make collecting the almost-AP Bobcat easier)

I HATED the Bait mission to be honest. Sure, it was easy finding them in Shoreside..BUT when you had to get them to follow you back to the Yakuza trap, NOPE. Even when one WERE on your tail, they would suddenly swerve away and drive off the edge of the bridge. I gave up after the third attempt and just passed it to my cousin to do it for me..

Also, Ransom was a real pain in the ass to complete

Ps2

Yeah the aiming on the console versions was terrible. Combine a completely threat-agnostic aiming system with the wooziest, waviest passive camera ever, and you've got a recipe for disaster. PC version was much easier due to the free-aim.

Lethal Vaccine

non-EP Tank from the mission Arms Shortage (only done to make collecting the almost-AP Bobcat easier)

Meh, you just use a BP/DP Barracks OL to ram the Bobcat over and push it to a Garage OR a Fire Truck. I used to use a Fire Truck a couple times when I obtained it, but now I use the BP/DP Barracks OL on PS2 but on iOS I still use the Fire Truck to get it. No need to get the Tank from Arms Shortage. How would you get it if you are getting the BP Barracks OL. BP/DP Barracks OL > Useless Tank, which is unlocked anyways after The Exchange and you can simply just drive it to the EV Crane.

Also, I am pretty sure you get Mission Failed if you run into the Bobcat and destroy it with a Tank. I pass Evidence Dash to get it and same with Turismo. I pass Turismo for the Cheetah...

Edited by Militia

Maybe not toughest, but I'm always annoyed by the mission where you have to go to all three islands and destroy seven or so coffee stands in a limited amount of time. I have to first explore the whole map, find every stand, and most of the time drive the bulletproof Patriot, for if the Mafia blows your car with their shotguns, you have to start the mission all over again :sui:

Edited by BlackSnow176

Lethal Vaccine

You don't have to go through Saint Marks when you do Espresso-2-Go. You can actually go around the building complex and use an RPG from Sal's Driveway to take out the Stand. Then go back behind the building complex down the grassy mountain and back into Atlantic Quays.

There is many tricks I learned over the years to play these Games and honestly collecting the Special Vehicles improved my play style a lot and I learned SO much in the past 2 years it's not even funny...