2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Debate : Your Thoughts On GTAO's Pros,Cons,and Improvements

Vik

Before you begin,please take a look at the following threads to acquaint yourself as to how you should reply within this thread :

A Guide To Punctuation

A Guide To Presenting Arguments

When you post you should type something like this :

Spaghetti Cat, on 30 Aug 2015 - 4:05 PM, said:snapback.png

I would say that a majority of the teachers out there really want to do right for their classes. I would say that a majority of the unions out there want to protect their members. So what happens when those two conflict? I would side with the educator. It's more important to get the kids an education than it is to protect some benefit, wouldn't you agree? Or is feeding the machine the most important thing, and the students get the crumbs? I think this is what Queen was touching on, and what I was stating in my posts.

You completely misunderstand Queen, and have no understanding whatsoever of what the purpose of a union is. When Queen in his comment 'opposed the bureaucracy' as you call it, he opposed the politicians that are imposing testing for stupidity and obedience (standardized testing) on teachers and students, and teachers getting paid based on how stupid and obedient their students are able to perform on these standardized tests..

Teachers unions aren't about 'maintaining a bureaucracy'. They are about making sure that teachers are in charge of education and not bureaucrats. They are about making sure that teachers get paid properly and that teachers aren't exchangeable tools that can be fired when their students aren't performing according to bureaucratized standards of stupidity and obedience on standardized tests. Off course republicans embrace these standards, considering their ideal society is one where no critical thinking exists and all people are obedient consumers.

But NOT this :

bro u are completly wrong that doesnt make any sense.

See the difference?The first one is captivating,while the second provokes arguments,prevent this by reporting such posts within this thread.

Welcome To The Debate!

So...what is your standpoint on GTAO?What are its pros?What are its cons?What do you think should be improved?

My claim

I personally believe that GTAO is a great game with alot of potential.With a passionate fanbase and room for improvements,GTAO still remains to be considered the most popular Multiplayer game within quite some time.The game is fun,oddly addictive,and rewarding.The only problems that need to be fixed,personally,has been the servers.What good is it when you have an amazing game in your hands,but nothing to make it function properly?If R* continues to go down this path,we may see most players leaving quickly.The improvements that need to be made is more content and less cosmetic content.Churning out items that are already available in game is more than enough to satisfy most of the community.This is where the next problem lies : The Community.With the majority of the fanbase bittersweet regarding content and a horrible modding scene surrounding the game,if it a bit hard for newcomers to come and enjoy the game as a whole.Almost as if it is a daunting task.

GTAO has a lot of potential,it truly does,but executing content and connection situations in a lackluster manner disappoints the fans and makes people more prone to leave,even if they don't like anything else.

Feel free to quote my comment and rebuttal it or make your own claim.

Most of all.....have fun!

Edited by VikDarkbomb
  • Like 2

If some people have trouble distinguishing my claim (especially on mobile) and the OP,here is a repost of it.

I personally believe that GTAO is a great game with alot of potential.With a passionate fanbase and room for improvements,GTAO still remains to be considered the most popular Multiplayer game within quite some time.The game is fun,oddly addictive,and rewarding.The only problems that need to be fixed,personally,has been the servers.What good is it when you have an amazing game in your hands,but nothing to make it function properly?

If R* continues to go down this path,we may see most players leaving quickly.The improvements that need to be made is more content and less cosmetic content.Churning out items that are already available in game is more than enough to satisfy most of the community.This is where the next problem lies : The Community.

With the majority of the fanbase bittersweet regarding content and a horrible modding scene surrounding the game,if it a bit hard for newcomers to come and enjoy the game as a whole.Almost as if it is a daunting task.

GTAO has a lot of potential,it truly does,but executing content and connection situations in a lackluster manner disappoints the fans and makes people more prone to leave,even if they don't like anything else.

Edited by VikDarkbomb
  • Like 1

I personally believe gta online is one of the greatest online games I played. A GTA mmo hybrid where you can own cars, apartments, jets, you name it. It's also one of the very few games I still play after a year. What I also like is the fact that rockstar hasn't charged anything for the DLCs, which personally made me play this game for almost 2 years. While the game is good, I can't say it's perfect. Like VikDarkbomb stated, from the server issues to content that isn't reskined weapons and cars. Most would probably lose interest after a few months. Especially when they find out how overpriced some of the items are. But overall I think GTA Online has some serious potential if Rockstar would add content similar to heist or a map expansion.

Well done VikDarkbomb

Edit: In short

Pros: A GTA where you can build your own character and own jets, military aircrafts and vehicles, super cars, a gold jet and helicopter and a Tank

Cons: Lack of serious content like Heist, bad servers and to some degree the community

Edited by Nick1020
  • Like 3

I personally believe gta online is one of the greatest online games I played. A GTA mmo hybrid where you can own cars, apartments, jets, you name it. It's also one of the very few games I still play after a year. What I also like is the fact that rockstar hasn't charged anything for the DLCs, which personally made me play this game for almost 2 years. While the game is good, I can't say it's perfect. Like VikDarkbomb stated, from the server issues to content that isn't reskined weapons and cars. Most would probably lose interest after a few months. Especially when they find out how overpriced some of the items are. But overall I think GTA Online has some serious potential if Rockstar would add content similar to heist or a map expansion.

Well done VikDarkbomb.

Thank you!

I would also like to reinforce this,GTAO provides as an outlet towards items we could ever dream of owning.That is such the big draw....FREEDOM!But certain restrictions like locking interiors has been such a problem recently that sometimes people don't have the freedom to use certain commodities,put that alongside the server issues (yet again) disallows players to have a fluid and enticing experience,that as result...steers away newcomers and a possible good chunk of money.Without communication to,the game feels very stale at some points in time.

Well done VikDarkbomb.

Thank you!

I would also like to reinforce this,GTAO provides as an outlet towards items we could ever dream of owning.That is such the big draw....FREEDOM!But certain restrictions like locking interiors has been such a problem recently that sometimes people don't have the freedom to use certain commodities,put that alongside the server issues (yet again) disallows players to have a fluid and enticing experience,that as result...steers away newcomers and a possible good chunk of money.Without communication to,the game feels very stale at some points in time.

To a degree I agree with you on the restrictions. For vehicles I'll never understand why you can't store a police car or vehicles like the Duke'O Death, Tow Truck or the Marshal when all of them had no blacklist and needed a glitch to store them. For the interiors I believe it was made for Single Player only and never ment to be accessed online.

Well done VikDarkbomb.

Thank you!

To a degree I agree with you on the restrictions. For vehicles I'll never understand why you can't store a police car or vehicles like the Duke'O Death, Tow Truck or the Marshal when all of them had no blacklist and needed a glitch to store them. For the interiors I believe it was made for Single Player only and never ment to be accessed online.Well the Tow Truck caused Online to crash when you hooked another car. Or so I heard.

I personally believe that GTAO is a great game with alot of potential.With a passionate fanbase and room for improvements,GTAO still remains to be considered the most popular Multiplayer game within quite some time.The game is fun,oddly addictive,and rewarding.The only problems that need to be fixed,personally,has been the servers.What good is it when you have an amazing game in your hands,but nothing to make it function properly?If R* continues to go down this path,we may see most players leaving quickly.The improvements that need to be made is more content and less cosmetic content.Churning out items that are already available in game is more than enough to satisfy most of the community.This is where the next problem lies : The Community.With the majority of the fanbase bittersweet regarding content and a horrible modding scene surrounding the game,if it a bit hard for newcomers to come and enjoy the game as a whole.Almost as if it is a daunting task.

I agree that GTAO has plenty of potential, but I feel that game is a beta(or at least treated like one by Rockstar), a mere prototype of the real multiplayer experience that Rockstar could produce. The pros (the amount of freedom the player is given within Los Santos, the customization options, fun gunplay, and a rewarding progression system) are immediately overshadowed by the cons(rage inducing servers, low amount of satisfying update content, the stagnation of gameplay modes, having to update last gen consoles.) It is these problems that hold GTAO back from realizing it actual potential.

I would also chalk up GTAO's shortcomings to Rockstar's crappy response time to certain issues in the game(glitches, modders, lack of updates,and events). Rockstar takes forever to patch up things that should've been fixed from the beginning(I'm STILL waiting for them to patch of the locked emblem jacket glitch), and they never seem to be able to keep fans occupied while they work on content updates. At least Bungie has some kind of weekly event to Destiny fans happy.

I agree that GTAO has plenty of potential, but I feel that game is a beta(or at least treated like one by Rockstar), a mere prototype of the real multiplayer experience that Rockstar could produce. The pros (the amount of freedom the player is given within Los Santos, the customization options, fun gunplay, and a rewarding progression system) are immediately overshadowed by the cons(rage inducing servers, low amount of satisfying update content, the stagnation of gameplay modes, having to update last gen consoles.) It is these problems that hold GTAO back from realizing it actual potential.

I would also chalk up GTAO's shortcomings to Rockstar's crappy response time to certain issues in the game(glitches, modders, lack of updates,and events). Rockstar takes forever to patch up things that should've been fixed from the beginning(I'm STILL waiting for them to patch of the locked emblem jacket glitch), and they never seem to be able to keep fans occupied while they work on content updates. At least Bungie has some kind of weekly event to Destiny fans happy.

You could feel that GTAO is a beta.I mean it is a constantly evolving world where players shift the content we get.The cons have overshadowed the core content as it hasn't provided a fluid experience.You know how when you play a CoD game in MP and everything is so fluid?It makes you feel like you are part of the battle.In GTAO,connecting to a heist make take upwards of 5 minutes and by that time you don't even have the urge to play as more of your time is sucked up by the clouds.

If they put some extra time a launch,we may not even have the amount of problems we have today even.They have the opportunity to fix it,but they won't....because they are lazy sometimes.

JUST DO IT (R*)!

Pros: Dozers spawning in the city soon after launch. Entering the rear of the cargobob/titan with a vehicle. Dropping mules from a decent height onto unsuspecting players with the cargobob. Dragging a bus along the road like a battering ram with the cargobob.

Cons: R* removing the Dozer spawns in the city. R* removing the ability to drop mules from a decent height with the cargobob.

Guess the rest.

Personally, I think it's a great game. Putting aside connection issues or wasted potential - will get on that later - there are a lot of things which I like about the game. My favorite of all has got to be the freedom of creating yourself and your story - you don't get much resources to create your own story exactly how you want it to be but as long as you're creative you can still come up with something - you can make the character look how you want, you can dress him/her up how you like, own vehicles how you like... basically do everything you want from drunken shenanigans at your apartment to mass-scale murder in a heavily-populated gang zone. Your character is a mute... until you plug in your headset and talk - you are the voice of your character, not some pre-recorded lines of a random guy. You can create your own story, and you get missions to help you with that. Your story says that you'll work for Gerald but completely ignore the asshat going by the name of Simeon, that's fine. Most missions have a lot of flexibility allowing you to execute them in almost any way possible - a nice change from story mode where the missions are scripted to bullsh*t levels. Want to snipe down enemies? Go ahead, some missions have PLENTY of vantage points as if the missions and map locations were planned that way. Run them down in an armored Kuruma? Well, it's armored - I don't see why not. Do it like a professional? Obviously, you are a professional (or a sloppy wannabe, if that's what your story says). I can do a good amount of missions in more than ten different ways, it just shows the freedom within missions. This doesn't apply exclusively to missions. Heists too, even if it doesn't seem like it. You don't get penalized for hiding in an armored Kuruma for the duration of the heist/setup. You don't get penalized for buying weapons as prisoner before going to Bollingbroke Penitentiary in Prison Break. You don't get penalized for clearing the professionals before getting the van in Pacific Standard - Hack. Hell, you don't even have to use the bikes. You can just f*ck off and take an armored Kuruma or any other car from the garage and go straight to the boat instead of pulling off a suicide mission like Lester wants you to - you won't fail or get penalized or anything. You're free to do nearly everything which I what I like, and I'm pretty sure is what many others like too. The insurange, garage and owning cars are great. I like that you can get your car back for a small price - I like that I have to pay for blowing up somebody else's car. I don't like that we get Bad Sport points for that. I already have to pay. It takes zero effort to call for mechanic to deliver the car. Why the f*ck do we even need badsport for this? It may be annoying that someone blows up your car but it's not like in real-life where your car gets blown up it's gone along with everything in it. Doubt RL insurance even covers someone intentionally blowing your car up with a damn rocket launcher.

Even though this is Grand Theft Auto, I love purchasing cars from the internet. It kinda shows that I've worked for it and that makes me proud of myself... or in the case of "create your own story", my character is proud of him/herself. Then again I don't have much choice when it comes to buying cars. I mean, I understand cars having trackers every now and then, but having every single high-end car in existence have a tracker is bullsh*t... also the fact we're criminals and we can't get rid of a simple tracker makes the situation even more of a bullsh*t... and classifying cars such as Blista Compact, Stallion, Pigalle, Glendale, Warrener, Panto, etc. as "high-end" cars is the bullsh*t of the highest order. Maybe making it so EVERY NPC car has a random chance of having a tracker - and high-end cars having a higher chance of having a tracker - as well as having some underground (aka: illegal) mod shops that remove trackers and change plates at a price would make things more fun and interesting as well as give everyone a chance to own a sports car - I mean we're criminals, half of us won't even give a f*ck about buying things legit. Anyway, going back to "I love purchasing cars", I think it is a great idea that we can. It gives us options, especially for cars than can be freely stolen. And they're also reasonably priced (inb4 hurr durr t20 kush kurdz) so it's not too over the top. You may have seen me complaining about gold vehicles being ridiculously and idiotically expensive - from technical standpoint, yes, it's too expensive for a literal respray with updated interior. From realistic standpoints, they prices seem fair for a solid gold aircraft. I feel like the bikes solely because they have KERS and hipster update buckets are a bit too expensive but meh. At least we can buy cars. This was also the main point of why I think GTA IV lacked things. There is a website where you buy cars, but can you actually buy them? Nope. Maybe it's not Niko's thing but then again I don't see Trevor buing an Adder either.

Buying houses is nice, too. Again, this is also tied with "create your own story". I can live like a bum in a two-car garage or live like a pimp in Eclipse Towers with a 10-car garage filled with supercars. I've owned all four types of apartments and they're all very nice... apart from they fact they're copy-paste but saving that for later. They all offer a variety of things to do from the standard couch-and-TV to spamming whiskey until you pass out and respawn at the nearest hospital. If there is a house I like and has a for sale sign and I can afford it I'll probably buy it just like in real life (skipping the real life's essential look-around-the-house-before-buying-it part though), because why not? There is plenty of properties to choose from and the amount is increasing and increasing. Story Mode doesn't have purchasable safehouses but that's understandable; we're someone, not ourselves.

Things to do in free-roam? Alright. Not exactly done to their full potential but still alright, nonetheless. I like that I don't need to sit around in a full lobby to get any free-roam events. I can stay in solo/invite only sessions and still get crate drops, cop distraction areas, armored trucks, etc. to help me get some money for some customizations, ammo, snacks, etc. which is nice. Special Crates don't drop though which is stupid as sh*t because I clearly DON'T want to sit in full lobbies all day not only waiting for one to drop but also being the first one to successfully get to it... just for a stupid t-shirt. I don't even know how much time I've wasted to get the Flash FM shirt last year - might have been 3-5 hours if I remember correctly which clearly is not ok.

But most importantly - the players. Playing with AI is only fun for so long. Playing with actual people is always fun. You'll never know what they would do. They could shoot you in the face, or take you for a ride and then shoot you in the face. Sometimes when they f*ck up a heist it's hilarious. Over the past year and a half I've seen videos and pictures of many hilarious and creative things that could be done with other players only (or alone with trainers) - it shows that one of the main pros are the players. Maybe the COD squeakers are cons but players that know how to have fun or some completely random non-douche people are definitely pros. Without the players, the game would be totally boring.

Now really onto the cons, I've no idea where to start. The connection issues, I guess. I would expect them to have proper servers, seriously. All these random disconnects, network errors, unavailable clouds. It's all annoying as sh*t and I still wonder how they've managed to keep a large player base for almost two years. Not expecting them to get some super-duper high-end ultra-magnificent servers - something that could actualy be f*cking stable enough is fine. Something that could make melee fights less of a glitchy out-of-sync clusterf*ck could be great - pretty sure everyone here has witnessed hyper-speed punches or deaths out of thin air when fist fighting and pretty sure everyone can agree that it's ridiculously f*cking stupid how noone does anything about it. Also, recently (read: since heists were launched) I've been experiencing an "Unable to join session" error. Dunno if it happens to anyone else but once that error pops up - restart the game/console. You will not ever connect anywhere again unless you restart the game/console. Quitting to story mode does nothing, it still persists. My internet connection is actually good so, no, it's not a problem on my end.

Now, ridiculous pricing. It's doing my head in. Some clothes cost even $1,000. $1,000! For what? A f*cking t-shirt? I can buy a cheap knock-off for less than €10 and noone would be able to tell it's a knock-off yet in-game I need to spend one grand to wear something which barely looks interesting. Also vanity plates. $100,000. That's just pure retardation. California's DMV states that a vanity plate costs $48 and annual renewal costs $38. Let's inflate the prices to match GTA Online's slightly-more-expensive-than-real-life. That'd be $100 for plate and $80 for renewal. So do we automatically pay for the plate and 1,248 years worth of renweals? If so, f*ck that. I'll be long dead once my 1,248 renewals expire, my car may even be melted down and reincarnated to a hover-mobile or something before my plate expires. I'm not too keen on spending $100,000 for ONE plate for ONE car that I will use ONCE. Even $50,000 would be okay, even though that price is still moronic as f*ck and shouldn't be more than $1,000. Also a sunstrip for a car costs almost $1k, hahahaha- f*ck off. Love how they ramble about the economy even though it's completly f*cked up and pretty much non-existent. If Rockstar wants to have a proper economy and maybe reduce amount of money glitchers/modders, they should start by correcting these prices so they don't look like they're made by a five year old who discovered that numbers go more than 100 and decided to slap on as many zeros to a single-digit number as possible.

The amount of wasted potential is absolutely ridiculous. First off, we can't play Tennis properly or have a normal fist fight because the servers completely desync and sh*t goes teleporting all over the place. Why can't we respray stock wheels? Most of the cars can have them resprayed so why not? Aftermarket wheels are ugly, compared to stock wheels so why not allow us respray them? Why can't we customize apartments? It'd probably be taxing but we already have MANY varied things and even our apartments get little changes as we complete heist setups - and that does little to the servers seeing that there is no lag. If I teleport to any high-end apartment in story mode, there is a couch inside the heist room which looks better than the heist room itself. It's definitely possible and it would add character to our apartments so visiting them would be less of a "oh, wow. What an apartment. It's the same as every one. Very interesting. Very, very interesting. Veeeeeeerrrrrryyyyyyyy-*unknown network error*". And that goes onto the next point - copy-f*cking-paste interiors. All seven interior types look exactly the same. I'm not expecting them to add a different interior for every single apartment and garage but varying them a bit would be nicer. Also if the interiors would, you know, look remotely close to the exterior it'd be also nice. I lived in a house in Vinewood Hills and house in Paleto Bay - the same interior, no view outside. Also they're "apartments". They're clearly houses. Anyone else curious what R* smokes? Next up on the list of things that R* screwed up is the Mechanic. He used to physically spawn while delivering your car but R* removed him and instead made him a ninja. Dunno why as a single mechanic can't be any more taxing on the servers than hundreds of peds and cars on thousands of different lobbies. Oh, right, I forgot he drops $54 when you kill him. That's too much for you to handle, it breaks the economy. Better remove the guy ASAP. I don't even get to see him at all now, what if he's doing f*ck all? Why should I still pay him? Having the mechanic work on your cars in your garage or at least seeing him deliver your cars would breathe some life into the game and would actually make more sense. The timer is also retarded. I pay the guy. These are my cars. I want them now, not after 5 minutes because some dick blows up my car right after getting it delivered to my location. Does he have to recharge his ninja skills? Take some logs to use later when vanishing? I feel like they completely wasted something that could for once be unique. We can't get the cop unifrom legitimately? WHY? They already planned and cut cops and crooks (you could play as LSPD, Lost MC or Vagos) - so if they don't plan on adding it in DLC, why not let us have the cop outfit straight away? Or the trash collector outfit? Or the duffel bags? Not doing any harm to others, it actually allows for more role-playing options and increases the game's lifespan and playercount. Why does R* pass up on that opportunity? Also I don't like the cellphone. There are 4 different cellphones in GTAV that could just as easily be used in GTAO. It would make more sense for the player to start with a Celltowa or no cellphone at all than starting with an iFruit with no money at all. Did my character spend his/her remainder of money on plane ticket and this ultimately overrated piece of crap? I would like to buy/change cellphones if I don't like the one I already have. There are plenty more things I would say about wasted potential but this is getting long, so I'll get to the last point - the DLC cars in traffic. Just today I've discovered that it's piss easy to add DLC cars and NPC modded cars on current-gen AND last-gen yet they don't update it for whatever reason. But it's R*. Where common sense does not exist when thinking of design choices.

For improvements, I would mostly tell them to listen to their fans... and themselves. They said they won't patch harmless glitches yet the next thing they do is patch a f*cking harmless glitch. How are unobtainable outfits harmful? How are open interiors harmful? The main problem is instead of listening to feedback from players, they go do their own random, nonsensical, thing. I get that they must be getting thousands of mails on mouthoff but if they could at least consider some ideas, acknowledge bugs instead of ignoring them and accepting criticism instead of censoring it and banning it, that'd be great. Improve the servers. Improve the features. And maybe then there will be less people bitching about idiotic decisions and more people playing the game + buying cash cards. It seems like noone can have nice things, not even Rockstar themselves, though.

Overall, I like the game. Can't say if it's the best one I've played since I haven't really played much other multiplayer games but it's definitely great despite all the things going on with it.

/0.02c

Personally, I think it's a great game. Putting aside connection issues or wasted potential - will get on that later - there are a lot of things which I like about the game. My favorite of all has got to be the freedom of creating yourself and your story.

I also agree with this,even if it wasn't intentional on their end.

A great thing they executed was the way you could approach missions.There is just so many ways and it makes missions multi-layered,fun,and enticing.The story,as much loose as it is,is great.With a loose story,it allows for players to just have pure fun w/o pondering as to why my character is blowing up a bunch of cars and joins a mission with Lester immediately after.Then again,the sense of progression is severely lacking.Sometimes you might put a Level 10 something Gerald mission and get greeted with a text afterwards about rising through the ranks even though your a level 200 something.If R* could introduce a sense of progression towards missions and sometimes mission givers will have their payout INFLUENCED on your level,that would be great and alot of fun.You can feel like progressing.I also think we need some FUN ways to spend our money.Buying a car or betting 10 K every time gets boring after a while.Having something like,dare I say Casino,could act like a money sink and still give people the thirst to continue to play.So yes,improvements are a plenty,but I think they should focus on the core fundamental problems first.

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

we need more activities in freeroam and in general and the payout of the said activities has to be reviewed

i think heists pay fine, but in comparisation some activities like survival and deathmatches their payouts shoud be upped.

same for payouts on missions, how it is now is better then before no doubt, but its still not perfect.

on top of that the amount of activities in freeroam,...there are enough diferen activities but they do not apear enough and some if not most are underpayed

none of them shoud pay out less then 10 000 and there shoud be multiple active at a sertain time.

now the good thing like said is gta is a jack of all trades, you can race, you can kill you can do missions but some things need to be thought out more.

for an example it woud be awsome if there were more missions were stealth woud be an option.

further i think the racing in this game is in most classes well balanced(few people are gonna pull of consistent laps anyhow and the only 2 populair classes that are now slightly f*cked up is the sport classic class and the offroad class)

further, on its own there are realy enough missions, but like said, most lack something being unique about them, wich might be able to be changed, as rockstar has proven already.

the created content stuff.....rockstar had good intentions but the results are desastrous.

any rational being can only hope a mission creator might never be released for everyone to be used.

though a few good things came out, overall its worst decision ever.

edit: also like said, the server system needs a huge fix along with the matchmaking and problems with lag

Edited by goldadderXD

as others have stated gta is a really good and addictive game.

the game have a lot of Pros as it allow you to "write" the story of your character instead of force you to follow certain script. you can be race, you can fly, you can parachute, etc that freedom is awesome.

my biggest complain apart from servers, matchmaking and time spend in the cloud, is the punitive system aka bad sport and the reasons that can land you there for ridiculous amounts of time.

other thing is the "lack" of freeroam activities, i know we have the crates, lesters distract, armored trucks and stuff but the frequency is set to 1 eveny every 48mins, which is ridiculous. just look at freeroam during the special crates weekends, events are set to 1 every 5mins, you see less people doing mindless killing and more people killing eachother in order to get the crate or whatever random event. in my book this is evidence that freeroam could be a more "peaceful" place if we had new and more frequent activities and events that keep people entertained.

freeroam is the bread and butter of gtao, while im a griefer, i believe freeroam should be more than just killing and battles.

All the game needs is.

Pegasus spawn points fixed (no more we cant give you the vehicle and nearest airport not being anywhere near you bullsh*t), pegasus recall removed (optional).

Crew colours fixed.

Crew paint tintable again.

Extra garage space.

Timed mission payments removed (or mission editor released) make up your mind rockstar, one or the other.

That's one days work and could double the enjoyment of the game.

But noooo they seem to spend all day ever day trawling forums looking for uniform glitches to patch.

Ps I agree on the freeroam activities, every time they increase their frequency back towards how they used to be the game gets a bit of life in it.

Edited by elfoam

Take Two plays every trick in the book.

Plans to release the game within months of a new console generation.

Hypes the game early with PC level graphics and textures.

Delays the game 5 months.

Delays online a month.

Makes everything in online more expensive, makes money ever more inefficient to earn, and promotes shark cards as an ever so quick shortcut.

Occasionally throws out x2 cash events to undercut legitimate criticism of their micro transaction centered design.

Does not mention next gen release until everyone and their mom owns a copy on old gen.

Delays heists (the prominently hyped online activity) almost a year and a half until AFTER PC version has time to sell through to the core audience.

Edited by Eggobites90
  • Like 2

Lol @carimbohanky in and out of bad sport since I've been here!

OT It is clear the perceived staleness of the game is being felt across the community, apparent in the lack of original and or interesting new threads in the online forum, there's a lot of topics that I swear I was discussing with u gits in 2014.

I would very much like to see the game evolve now to make use of its potential. With such a rich environment, and all the rules of physicality set, there is unlimited opportunity to innovate and blow our minds out with some new features. I just mentioned on another thread that I would like to see them open up the mission creator, or a mode like conquest, or stylised lobbies, idk what would be best but something rather than the current format.

I will always go back to GTA for some Hollywood action but I am getting to that point where I think ive seen it all in some form or another.

I do not want to believe R* will let the game decompose, and I understand the money from shark cards is their forced prerogative, I very much hope, perhaps with some input from their community, that it all comes together with something truly new and smash it out of the park again.

TLDR: I agree.

• Like 2

this is my all time favourite game at the moment, just because I love it does not mean, it cannot be improved or that I do NOT HAVE a personal wishlist, one of the things I hate however is how many members of the community feel like R* should know, not only what THEY want but that they are obliged to implement only YOUR wishes, not only are there 100s of 1000s of players but each of them have 100s of wishes with regards to the game..chill with that

I also hate how people will dedicate SO MUCH time actually playing and enjoying the game, then come online to say stuff like f*ck R* f*ck GTA online etc, I am NOT saying the game is above criticism, I am not saying you MUST love gta online, but some people literally spend hours on this game, hours on the forums/ social club doing all kinds of extra sh*t involving the game then turn around and say it is sh*t - I simply cannot respect any1 who does this, it is the biggest waste of time and makes no sense imo

now in terms of how R* operate in the past this is not even an official ps4 game, it is a top up/ port, they have not made a full gta on ps4 that utilises the ps4's power, not only that but I feel they have held back with updates because they are trying to involve last gen as long as they can, if you look at old, old gen, gta 3 was awesome, vice city even better and san andreas was phenomenal, in terms of that life cycle this game is not even gta3 because it was a port...

with that being said I will enjoy the game, (of course there are plenty of things I don't like about it but the good things heavily out weigh the bad) and I am looking forward to what they do with this (if they plan to do more) or their next instalment, one thing is for sure, I will be playing gta online up until gta6, I have also bought cash cards, which I'm not afraid to admit - so thank people like me for free updates :)

peace ya'll

Edited by LL Cool L
  • Like 3

I understand this is off topic banter but great job on everyone here,a nice change of scenery from what we expect in any normal thread!

Keep your claims and multi-layered posts coming!

Just wanna bring this topic back, in light of freemode events update a coming. Just as the staleness is forming around the crust, R* swoop in and drop some lemon in the mix. They know what's going on, I never doubted it too.

I reckon we got a lot more coming and my GTA disc will keep its time spinning on the disc tray dancefloor for months ahead.

Given the impeding freeroam events, I think R*'s about to pull a 180 with regards to Online updates. I think the largest take-away from this is not the content but the fact that they are shifting from all consoles and PC to only current-gen consoles and PC. I'm hoping for more seamless integration of future updates and events as the current leave a lobby system just breaks the flow of gameplay, immersion and does not actually result in people playing all of the unique things Online has to offer.

Further we might finally get more meaningful content without last-gen holding back current-gen, maybe this entails more unique vehicles, more complex heists or activities, higher quality clothing and personalization (long hair and beards??) and even more game changing expansions (North Yankton maybe?).

All in all, with Online's status as a very fat cash cow and with GTA VI not even in the foreseeable horizon, maybe R* is just getting started.

Or not and it's more easy copy and paste content at a premium for the shark card cash and furthering the climate of civil wars on the streets of Los Santos, with the maniacs nullifying any immersion by just killing everything and everyone on sight.

Also kudos for starting this. It's refreshing to see well thought out arguments and suggestions as opposed to the usual "GIB DA CASNIO RAKSTUR" trash that seems to permeate these boards to the core.

Edited by LeperJones

• 1 month later...

Lowrider update made me not shower for two days, massive improvement imo...

the car functions, hydraulics, benny's, customization options, clothes, lamar missions....

The future of GTA is looking bright, heck I'd still play it until GTA 6 is released even if that was the last update, which it wasn't!

Lowrider update made me not shower for two days, massive improvement imo...

the car functions, hydraulics, benny's, customization options, clothes, lamar missions....

The future of GTA is looking bright, heck I'd still play it until GTA 6 is released even if that was the last update, which it wasn't!

I mean in retrospect the games already pretty old, most games would already be shelved after two years and as far as the Lowriders go, I see it as only the beginning of real GTAO Next Gen especially with the end of last gen support (sucks but its necessary). Also has anyone else noticed how detailed the tec-9 model is? I'm hoping R* follows precedence as far as the attention to detail.

• Like 2