2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Special Crate drops - Can other people tell if you're using a lags

Giantsgiants

Whenever there's a special crate weekend with exclusive items, many people use a lagswitch so that they'll have the whole lobby (and the crate) to themselves. I always thought that you can't tell if someone's lagging everyone else since all you'll see is the message "[Lagswitch user] left".

However, I was browsing through special crate threads just for kicks, and I stumbled upon this post.

I just wish I would stop seeing people intentionally lagging the whole lobby out just to grab a crate. While I too don't want to deal with random yahoos going for a crate, when I don't care (i.e. most of the time), it gets annoying rather quickly

Seeing that post made me think that maybe the other people can tell if you're trying to lag out intentionally for a special crate. Rather than necro that thread, I thought I'd make a new thread asking this. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Edited by Giantsgiants

You basicly spliting lobbies like from one you creating two, and you see everyone leaves in same time, and yes crate is for you obviously becouse youre alone in session, never used this never will, i love rat races for a crate and stress to get it, love it!

if you see someone just when you see message "Crate Drop inbound" there is two options

One sh*t connection dropped to SP (lol)

Secound Lag switch to get a crate

Edited by Bender.ㅤ

Yes I can tell, it will say Special Crate in 3 minutes then either most or all players will leave at once and the crate never drops or I get the network error and kicked from GTAO.

You must be near the player in order to notice.

You will see him teleporting and when you try to kill him then after 20 mins he will die ..etc

It's like you're seeing someone with sh*tty connection.

• Like 3

Idk how can people lagswitch on purpose, it's happened to me before during special crate drops and also not during special crate drops, but it's never been on purpose.

wavingmountains.gif

Idk how can people lagswitch on purpose, it's happened to me before during special crate drops and also not during special crate drops, but it's never been on purpose.

Well uhm with a lagswitch program haha :lol:

hes not asking how, hes asking how people are that stupid to use it.

I was in fact asking how, not that I want to do it, that's just plain boring, plus I've never glitched/hacked in any way, so not interested.

wavingmountains.gif

Oh, its a program on Computer to lag your connection basicly like when you downloading something or watching youtube on 4K its result the same, but these programs are stronger, i used it only to get Cargobob to Pegasus and to Dupe few Cars but never to special crate drops, this program also exist on Android Devices that works same.

one is called XLag for example, set it to Medium your browser on computer will run pages slowly but they will load after while, for stronger is UDPUnicorn, this once killed my internet connection for 5mins lol.

Oh, its a program on Computer to lag your connection basicly like when you downloading something or watching youtube on 4K its result the same, but these programs are stronger, i used it only to get Cargobob to Pegasus and to Dupe few Cars but never to special crate drops, this program also exist on Android Devices that works same.

one is called XLag for example, set it to Medium your browser on computer will run pages slowly but they will load after while, for stronger is UDPUnicorn, this once killed my internet connection for 5mins lol.

Wow. Thanks for the explanation. I didn't even know this was a thing until this thread

KgQS6by.jpg?1

So basically it makes your internet "sh*t" to get u disconnected? Lol, ok, that's more simple than I thought.

wavingmountains.gif

unicorn and xlag is your key.

I had to use it back when I had good speeds now I just put a movie and Insta split.

Edited by Quinn_flower

There's simply no need. Special Crates used to be extremely rare, whereas now when there's an event it's practically raining them.

You're breaking ToS. Not worth it.

I don't lag switch. Lately the majority of crates I've picked up were thanks to someone else lag switching and placing everyone into their own public lobby.

Someone cant lag switch YOU, its not possible, only you can lag yourself,

if you see lobby split from 30people to 15/10 these are odd ones, anyone know what is it? sh*tty servers?

Someone cant lag switch YOU, its not possible, only you can lag yourself,

if you see lobby split from 30people to 15/10 these are odd ones, anyone know what is it? sh*tty servers?

Ever notice the whole lobby lagging out happens more often when special crates are dropping?

What do you need a lag switch for? This game's constantly lagging, you only have to wait 20 minutes and the session will usually split by itself.

No its random like

Im shooting people they shooting me were having "fun" killing each other then BOOOM OUT OF NOWHERE lobby split and im like "ah ok" *Finds New Lobby*

the only way you can tell people are lagswitching is because you would suddenly see a bunch of people leave as soon as the "3 hour" warning or the incoming crate warning popup.

apart from that you cant tell if people are using lagswitches.

we just split the session!

How can you tell if there are cheating players in the session? There are players in the session.

:p

Depends, Modder something strange and smelly is in session, ufos and sh*t

Glitcher/"Cheater"-Godmoder , name explain the thing, if you see someone with KD 5+ usually and killing everyone its a godmoder