Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,862 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Swoorup

[WIP] PathUltimatum Path Creation Toolkit (VC, SA, IV, V)

Poll  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Should full support for IV/V be added?

• Yes
    • No, other tools allow that already
  2. 2. Should support for GTA III be added?

fastman92

Good work.

I hope my unlimited path format(s) will be supported.

Swoorup

Good work.

I hope my unlimited path format(s) will be supported.

Yes, I forgot I added some support for it already. Added to the list

Inadequate

Nice, this will be useful for restore the missing SA PS2 ped paths to PC, finally. :^:

Swoorup

Nice, this will be useful for restore the missing SA PS2 ped paths to PC, finally. :^:

Hmm, are there any difference in PS2 versus PC nodesXX.dat files?

Edited by Swoorup

SilverRST

Lel, SA PC 2005 released as a unfinished piece of sh*t beta and now it can be fully finished in 2015.

Mr.Arrow

Im kinda surprise that no one support Blender script for gta after all these years .....

NTAuthority

Interesting. I'll hopefully release my RAGE CNavMesh tooling in the future - I did a fairly accurate and fully-functional generator for IV (based on the Recast library) already taking OpenIV .obn files (and some weirdly-exported SA ped paths for marking as ped-spawnable) and outputting .onv, but for the RageDK/rage:formats:x toolchain this'll need to be made fully integrated...

dkluin

Amazing job, I'm going to use this tool for sure, now I dont have to fix OpenVice's buggy paths anymore.

Edited by dkluin

Swoorup

Small Update:

Added support for visualizing car/boat lanes and direction.

xfekQtw.gif

Swoorup

Update: Finished with ped exporting feature for Vice City's paths.ipl. Peds can go for swimming now. ;)

FDyDsqc.jpg

Edited by Swoorup

SilverRST

Lel, you are a cruel person. And your avatar fits how what you are doing XD

Edited by SilverRST

Swoorup

Haha :p.

Vehicles paths.ipl were a bit difficult for exporting but I am testing it rigorously for bugs. Seems to work ok here

hXYzbUR.jpg

Edited by Swoorup

shantam777

This looks really promising, and will definitely simplify path making. Great job! :cookie:

dkluin

Vehicles paths.ipl were a bit difficult for exporting but I am testing it rigorously for bugs. Seems to work ok here

hXYzbUR.jpg

I wonder if traffic lights, path width, and all of these things will be working aswell.

SilverRST

It's really awesome what you are making for those old GTA Era games :) It never gets boring.

Btw, just wondering, could you also create a tool for map editing? MEd (Map Editor 0.32) is way too old and it has a reliability of a goat.

dkluin

It's really awesome what you are making for those old GTA Era games :) It never gets boring.

Btw, just wondering, could you also create a tool for map editing? MEd (Map Editor 0.32) is way too old and it has a reliability of a goat.

Agreed, there should be a more stable and better map editor which supports hacked ID limit by fastman92.

Swoorup

hXYzbUR.jpg

I wonder if traffic lights, path width, and all of these things will be working aswell.

Btw, vice city paths does not require traffic lights to placed in paths. Only games SA and above require this, which is not done at this point. Width works fine. :)

O7XVxXe.png

I wish the same but I am not sure if I have the time for this.

Edited by Swoorup

SilverRST

Btw, vice city paths does not require traffic lights to placed in paths. Only games SA and above require this, which is not done at this point. Width works fine. :)

I wish the same but I am not sure if I have the time for this.

We have waited 11 years for a better map editor. So it's not a big deal to wait another 6 months :p

Just like we have waited 11 years for this path creation tool. As long as there will be a better map editor, it would be awesome.

And much more indeed to support the hacked limits by fastman.

Edited by SilverRST

dkluin

hXYzbUR.jpg

I wonder if traffic lights, path width, and all of these things will be working aswell.Btw, vice city paths does not require traffic lights to placed in paths. Only games SA and above require this, which is not done at this point. Width works fine. :)

O7XVxXe.png

I wish the same but I am not sure if I have the time for this.I meant, traffic lights get imported when importing VC paths.ipl. i know that VC doesnt have that feature, the engine controls it. But still, cant you add the support for it? Edited by dkluin

Swoorup

If you want this for SA, I have it in the todo list. Btw if you are looking for Vice City's path converted to SA, I have added the download link in the last paragraph of the topic post.

dkluin

If you want this for SA, I have it in the todo list. Btw if you are looking for Vice City's path converted to SA, I have added the download link in the last paragraph of the topic post.

Okay.

I'll shift them to Underground's VC location and see how it works so far ;)

Edited by dkluin

SilverRST

Wait, what do you mean with traffic lights? The actual lights or the objects traffics lights?

Edited by SilverRST

_onyx_

when the release is? presumably

dkluin

Wait, what do you mean with traffic lights? The actual lights or the objects traffics lights?The node feature.

Swoorup

Wait, what do you mean with traffic lights? The actual lights or the objects traffics lights?

For Cars to stop properly at red lights, flags must be set at the Navi Link Nodes for SA.

Probably a week or two.

On the other note, I am considering to drop 3Ds max support until someone decides to lend a hand. It looks too much work and I am not much familiar with the maxscript.

dkluin

For Cars to stop properly at red lights, flags must be set at the Navi Link Nodes for SA.

Probably a week or two.

On the other note, I am considering to drop 3Ds max support until someone decides to lend a hand. It looks too much work and I am not much familiar with the maxscript.

You shouldn't drop 3ds max support.

I barely use Blender, 3ds max support is very neccessairy.

Mr.Arrow

Probably a week or two.

His not familiar with maxscript

maybe you could help him lol

dkluin

Probably a week or two.

His not familiar with maxscript

maybe you could help him lol

I know he isn't and neither am I.

I'm not a coder, I prefer 3ds max since it's a reliable program which is easy to use and shouldn't be forgotten.

I can only really write SCM code, nothing else really.

My C++/C# coding skills are therefore also limited so I won't be able to help.

Edited by dkluin

Swoorup

Btw, for this you don't necessarily need to use blender completely if you prefer 3ds max.

I have been saying this. You can simply create paths in 3ds max as a edge-vertex only mesh and import it in blender. In blender, all you need to do is to set the vertex and edge properties (spawnrate, width, leftlanes, rightlanes) and then export it to the game. I'll probably create a tutorial sometime later. You'll probably utilize 0 blender's feature this way, except for the tool's interface

Edited by Swoorup