1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

Straight Outta Maranello, the Grotti Turismo

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Grotti Turismo

O%20TURISMO.jpg

To me, this is one of the ultimate GTA cars. It's quick, it's loud, it's elegant, and beautiful. Sadly it's the only Grotti automobile in IV and even worse - there's no way to lose that roof - but it's an exceptional car and it most certainly made the brand for me. I am a Grotti fanboy. The Carbonizzare in V is one of my most driven cars.

I think the design of the Turismo is timeless - both inside and out - from it's curvy late 90's bodywork to it's handstitched Cuoio cockpit. It most certainly looks the part. It screams Ferrari without being a carbon copy. I've been crazy about this car ever since I first spotted one in Mikhail's driveway. What really pulls me in is the performance. The agility and ease of control in the corners makes this one of the funnest and most responsive cars to drive and also makes it very useful in chases. Couple that with the sound.

Couple qualms, though; the transmission is a slushbox and when simply prowling around Liberty, it feels like a driving instructor is changing gears for you. This makes it very loud like all of the time. And sometimes it won't shift. It'll hit the redline and refuse to shift until you lift off the throttle and then mash on it. Also, there's no license plate, and I would've much preferred yellow calipers to red.

Otherwise, it's a good car. Rockstar did a damn near flawless job on it. Driving the Ferrari 360 Modena in Forza Motorsport 4 feels so similar to driving a Turismo.

So basically this is a praise thread. Also what color do you like your Grotti in and do you hope Rockstar brings this car back in V or does a similar more modern car?

I personally love my Turismo in a dark blue because it contrasts so well with the beige cockpit. Also I LOVE blue Ferraris. Do I want it in V? I think I'd like a 458 Italia or Spider instead or something like that to be completely honest. The Carbonizzare will do for now but somewhere down the line there needs to be a midranged Grotti super car with styling that's not, how you say, as ostentatious as the Turismo R or Cheetah?

You?

Edited by Scaglietti

Turismo alongside with the SuperGT is my favourite sports car in IV.

Of course I would like to have it in V, and could be a good replacement for my Coquette. If it will ever come to V, I'd get it grey, but dark blue isn't bad anyway.

2004-ferrari-360-modena-002.jpg

• Like 3

My Niko owns one in Black, which makes it look very sleek. I was very disappointed when I saw the "Turismo" in GTA V.. man. I would pay $5 for this car in GTA V. Rockstar dropped the ball, imo.

• Like 2

VWSTp.png

Because they don't care about what the fans want. The Turismo looks like a f*cking toddler designed it, especially in the front.

• Like 1

VWSTp.png

Gnocchi Flip Flops

My Niko owns one in Black, which makes it look very sleek. I was very disappointed when I saw the "Turismo" in GTA V.. man. I would pay $5 for this car in GTA V. Rockstar dropped the ball, imo.

Why were you disappointed? It's a new model. Turismo R. Not Turismo.Because Rockstar knew people wanted the IV Turismo when they complained about the Turismo not returning but they gave us a new super car with the name and badge slapped on it. Same with the Cheetah. It's lousy work. Why not keep cars like this and badge the Turismo R and Cheetah as different cars? It was pretty infuriating what they did. I was in the Vehicle Database thread when I read Turismo and I freaked. Only to be disappointed when I visited the newswire to see some new cookie cutter super car. They didn't even try to make it unique either. It does a very poor job at representing the LaFerrari. The Progen T20 and Pegassi Osiris are the only supers that feel like super cars. And if they were going to reuse the Turismo name, they should've done it on a 458-knockoff. Or hell, if the Carbonizzare was called a Turismo I would've been less annoyed.

The good thing is that they called it the Turismo R. So they could bring back the Turismo as it is in IV or a completely new Turismo based on the 458. Either or is fine by me.

Edited by Scaglietti

AuSsIeThUnDeR36

I really loved the Turismo in IV. I remember feeling amazed that it was just parked in Faustin's driveway and you could just get in and drive away, even at the start of the game! You do have to drive fairly slow though so the transmission has a nice rrrr sound. I agree with the delay in gear change but I guess that's kinda similar in real life too. In my car Il change down a gear and it takes a second for the gearbox to react. Stupid I know but that's Nissan automatic trans.

Colours? Hmm, I like the red ones, the yellow ones and the black ones. I once saw a burgundy one but I didn't get to drive it but that was a unique color I think.

• Like 1

The Turismo was my favourite super in IV - I loved driving one of them out the dealership in downtown.

I'll take one in classic Rosso Corsa with creame interior please!

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I agree with the delay in gear change but I guess that's kinda similar in real life too. In my car Il change down a gear and it takes a second for the gearbox to react. Stupid I know but that's Nissan automatic trans.

Yeah it's pretty realistic, before everyday Ferraris started using dual clutches they had semi-automatics and I think the 360 Modena had one. They weren't exactly known for being responsive and the one used in an Aston Martin Vanquish S was also used in a Ferrari 575M. Jeremy Clarkson couldn't stop ripping into them about that crappy transmission.

I love the dual-clutch in the Carbonizzare, so smooth. It's not as quick as the T20's, even though it ought to be, but it's still nice.

Edited by Scaglietti

slimeball supreme

The Turismo is my favourite (I love you Pinnacle) sports car in the game and possibly my favourite car in the game.

I love the 360 Modena, it's an awesome car, and I would love to see it return. I like it in blue, amazing color and I love blue Ferraris.

I would honestly love a 458 Italia though, it's my favourite Ferrari car too. For some reason...

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

slimeball supreme

Cheetah > Turismo ;)

My inner Don Johnson is telling me that

no...

NO....

NOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

The Dedito Gae

I love to steal it from the dealership and make a "swift" scape.

And by swift, i mean crashing the car face first on the sidewalk.

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 2

Cheetah > Turismo ;)

If by Cheetah you meant the 3D era ones (III, VC or SA) you're safe. Otherwise...

Cheetah > Turismo ;)

If by Cheetah you meant the 3D era ones (III, VC or SA) you're safe. Otherwise...

Yeah that Era's Cheetah looked much better. :)

slimeball supreme

Exactly, 3D Cheetah >>> HD Cheetah (though I like both).

Not a lot of cars can beat a Testarossa.

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

That dealership opens at 0900, I didn't believe it at first until I tried walking in there at night.

A baseball bat is your personal key at night. Just smash one of the windows. ;)

Dealershop opening at 9 am, being able to smash the windows to steal a Turismo when the dealership isn´t open, I love these nice little things in IV.

That dealership opens at 0900, I didn't believe it at first until I tried walking in there at night.

A baseball bat is your personal key at night. Just smash one of the windows. ;)

Dealershop opening at 9 am, being able to smash the windows to steal a Turismo when the dealership isn´t open, I love these nice little things in IV.

I'll Arrest you for that, you know. ;):miranda:

The evolution of the GTA Ferraris, the Cheetah and the Turismo:

From okay

Cheetah-GTAIII-front.jpg

to great

police_cheetah.jpg

and still great

Un_Cheetah_modificado_visto_desde_atras.

to sh*t

Cheetah-GTAV-frontview.jpg

From good:

Turismo-GTASA-rear.jpg

to even better:

Turismo_GTA_IV.png

to sh*t:

TurismoR-GTAV-Front.jpg

Bonus car:

Super_GT_detr%C3%A1s_GTA_IV.png

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 5

Gnocchi Flip Flops

I would not be mad if the Super GT returned as an F12berlinetta. I'd be a bit happy.

• Like 2

DontSpankMaBitchUp

3D Era GTA vehicles > HD Era GTA vehicles

I could really care less about graphics.

Also, yes. I meant the 3D Era Cheetah is awesome

slimeball supreme

HD Era GTA vehicles > 3D Era GTA vehicles

Dont worry, you made a typo, but I fixed. No need to fret.
  • Like 1

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

DontSpankMaBitchUp

saywha.gif

Depends on the cars. I prefer the 3D era Sabre, Buffalo, maybe Phoenix, Freeway, Cheetah obviously and Infernus. Well those are all I can think of at the moment.

The Dedito Gae

Depends on the cars. I prefer the 3D era Sabre, Buffalo, maybe Phoenix, Freeway, Cheetah obviously and Infernus. Well those are all I can think of at the moment.

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.

• Like 1

slimeball supreme

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.I thought someone would defend themselves or something but I guess not.

Midnight, you're officially 100% correct.

• Like 1

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad.

I feel great. Check out this beauty:

Buffalo-GTA-SA.jpg

Don't forget the classic Harley (seriously the Freeway in IV is f*cking ugly):

20100104142625!Freeway-GTA4-front.jpg

Edited by B Dawg
  • Like 1

slimeball supreme

Eeeeeh... I object.

Buffalo-GTAV-Front.jpg

• Like 1

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png