2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Rooftop Rumble/Npc Glitch

Randy93

So when I was playing rooftop rumble, I go to a safe spot (one of the side walls) and as I start shooting within 1-3 secs I died even thogh I was behind cover, when I respawn on the otherside It seemed they were FCKING shooting through the walls with some op dmg aimbot BULLsh*t because I died within seconds and it showed my character getting hit by a barrage of bullets. This glitch happened to me on hard labor also. So not only can npc's do massive dmg, they can aimbot and get you through walls even though your on the other side at a very safe distance. I do hope rockstar fixes this sh*t, because it's very fcking annoying and in case people were asking, no there was no modder in the mission and I was not lagging.

Edited by Randy93
  • Like 1

This happened to me on Cleaning the Cat House. Got shot through the ground when I was in my car on top of the motel, no way they could've got me. Hasn't happened since though so it was probably just a fluke.

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

Squirrel__Army

This happened to me on Cleaning the Cat House. Got shot through the ground when I was in my car on top of the motel, no way they could've got me. Hasn't happened since though so it was probably just a fluke.

You used a car on Cleaning the Cat House?

Wow

Wow

5575130.jpg

but yeah, I always do. I get Anna then call for my Savage, get my Savage, go back to kill them and go back to my car and drive her there.

*shrugs*

Edited by Kushology

Kushology.gif

ATSBRzE.png

people are still grinding RR i'm done...

Doing a mission means that you're grinding it?

• Like 2

Wow

Whats wrong with that? I do it all the time, f*ck flying. :lol:

Wow

Whats wrong with that? I do it all the time, f*ck flying. :lol:

Pfft. Ya'll are wimps. I always used bikes, back before Rockstar messes up the Bike Physics again with The Heists Patch.

I've noticed this since like High Life update, I think, idk when was the last update that changed RR. Basically, since then, any NPC with an assault rifle will sometimes shoot it like it is a f*cking minigun. This only happens with the assault rifle that I know of and it's extremely annoying. It happens in any mission, even in gang attacks, anywhere you see an npc with an assault rifle, chances are the glitch will happen.

wavingmountains.gif

Gang attacks are harder than any heist, harder even than the complete mastermind challenge ! all for 500 rp lol.

• Like 3

I have experienced this with the assault rifles as died a lot of times on Rooftop Rumble because of this glitch so I stopped playing

that mission, it is very annoying as if we as players tried to do that it would not happen.

I really hope they fix the problem but I suspect its not known or way down the list of things to fix in game, as has been said it happens

with any mission with NPC's and assualt rifles, hell I've had my Buzzard destroyed up in the air by assault rifle NPC chasing me in their

Grangers who can somehow shoot through the roofs and 100% hit my helicopter every time.

This really ruined play for me just one of many reasons I stopped play.

Edited by tails_prower_2040
  • Like 1

I have experienced this with the assault rifles as died a lot of times on Rooftop Rumble because of this glitch so I stopped playing

that mission, it is very annoying as if we as players tried to do that it would not happen.

I really hope they fix the problem but I suspect its not known or way down the list of things to fix in game, as has been said it happens

with any mission with NPC's and assualt rifles, hell I've had my Buzzard destroyed up in the air by assault rifle NPC chasing me in their

Grangers who can somehow shoot through the roofs and 100% hit my helicopter every time.

I've twice now in the last two months had sticky bombs shot and exploded IN MY HAND! from guys chasing me in grangers. lol. Once in a heist too. In the Vans setup I was inside the van on the way to explode it, pulled out a sticky and it was shot while inside my hand and blew us all up.

Edited by elfoam

I've twice now in the last two months had sticky bombs shot and exploded IN MY HAND! from guys chasing me in grangers. lol. Once in a heist too. In the Vans setup I was inside the van on the way to explode it, pulled out a sticky and it was shot while inside my hand and blew us all up.

Ouch! That would really have ticked me off!

I've noticed this since like High Life update, I think, idk when was the last update that changed RR. Basically, since then, any NPC with an assault rifle will sometimes shoot it like it is a f*cking minigun. This only happens with the assault rifle that I know of and it's extremely annoying. It happens in any mission, even in gang attacks, anywhere you see an npc with an assault rifle, chances are the glitch will happen.

It happens with all the assault rifles including the advanced rifle and it has been going on long before the High life update. I first noticed it while in a 5 star battle with the cops, when Noose got involved in the action and the longer the battle rages on, the more frequent it is used. I don't think its a glitch, I really believe that the developers programmed it into the game.

• Like 1

It happens with all the assault rifles including the advanced rifle and it has been going on long before the High life update. I first noticed it while in a 5 star battle with the cops, when Noose got involved in the action and the longer the battle rages on, the more frequent it is used. I don't think its a glitch, I really believe that the developers programmed it into the game.

Well, I think it's really weird that they programmed it like that on purpose, since it is absolutely irrealistic, there's no way in hell an automatic rifle can shoot this fast irl.

• Like 2

wavingmountains.gif

Well, I think it's really weird that they programmed it like that on purpose, since it is absolutely irrealistic, there's no way in hell an automatic rifle can shoot this fast irl.

You want to see that nonsense on action? Try Diamonds Are For Trevor.

July Last Year: The enemies has "acceptable" accuracy and damage ratio on Hard Difficulty. It was fine and fun. MerryWeather could severely damage your health, but not in the ridiculous way most MW-Type enemies do. In fact DAFT used to be my all time favorite mission and one of the many reason why I live in Paleto Bay.

Now try it again now. Good luck finishing the mission without MW at least deplete your health to "the red". As someone who has been playing this mission for almost a year, its so easy to notice how much Rockstar has f*cked up the enemy AI.

• Like 1

You want to see that nonsense on action? Try Diamonds Are For Trevor.

July Last Year: The enemies has "acceptable" accuracy and damage ratio on Hard Difficulty. It was fine and fun. MerryWeather could severely damage your health, but not in the ridiculous way most MW-Type enemies do. In fact DAFT used to be my all time favorite mission and one of the many reason why I live in Paleto Bay.

Now try it again now. Good luck finishing the mission without MW at least deplete your health to "the red". As someone who has been playing this mission for almost a year, its so easy to notice how much Rockstar has f*cked up the enemy AI.

Lol, I'm glad I'm always air support in missions, so I don't even bother helping killing the enemies by the diamonds since I may blow them up.

wavingmountains.gif

OP , if you're a scrub-type , use kuruma

if you're a skill-type , use fist

* joke * oh , this might explain they can shoot you through wall

you proably using Wi-Fi

Edited by Sky_Light12

Just as unrealistic as me unloading on a Noose with a combat MG dropping him to the ground and then he goes into "last stand" pulls out a pistol and starts shooting again.

• Like 2

Dragon_Of_Tragedy

I always like to take the stairs to the roof of that building and shoot gernades in the front and rear holes of the roof atop the entrances until the remaining enemies come up after you. I thought this is why the name "rooftop" is in the title.

This also happens on the mission where one person is a sniper while the other is going in to steal a chopper on a rooftop. No matter where i position myself as sniper, i get shot. Behind walls and all...

I always like to take the stairs to the roof of that building and shoot gernades in the front and rear holes of the roof atop the entrances until the remaining enemies come up after you. I thought this is why the name "rooftop" is in the title.

Thanks for the idea!

Sounds like you didn't notice the car pulling up from the spawn area...

DentureDynamite

Yay! I finally found a bunch of other people who have run into similar, connecting issues on this.

YES, it's a deep-rooted issue, since it goes back to at least last October when I started playing on the PS3. I'm guessing at least some of it has to do with clipping issues, since it seems to explain the wide variety of "see through" problems so many people are reporting. These are also not frivolous, isolated issues, or harmless little graphical glitches. R* needs to acknowledge that, and get busy fixing them, because they have been, and still are, interfering with game play.

Personally, I've seen N.O.O.S.E.

and
ceilings,
coming through the metro tunnel ceiling, and (on rare occasion)
(see 33 seconds and 1 min. into the video) from gunfire in the Alta St. tunnel by invisible cops/N.O.O.S.E. (with no-one there in visible range at either end of the tunnel). This translates into erratic wanted levels, being spotted without reason, losing lives unnecessarily, etc. As an aside; I fire my Special Carbine here and there in the last video to keep the wanted level alive for illustrative purposes--the bug(s) occur most frequently with a three-star wanted level or higher. With no cops or N.O.O.S.E. in the tunnel, you can clearly see my wanted level vacillate back and forth between "being seen" and having "lost the cops" just by changing positions within the tunnel. A clearly borked AI system.

He hasn't posted here yet, but forum member poland stronk notes some of his:

Related to the bugs above, the game sometimes has problems with objects: numerous times I've been killed by police through walls (in a metro station by cops on the street level, or in Mission Row Police Station behind a wall near the Captain's office by a cop with a shotgun passing the front entrance). Yesterday I was shooting with police again and was killed by an invisible N.O.O.S.E. guy with an invisible gun, like he wasn't there, but I saw a muzzle flash and received damage; dying in the process.
Edited by DentureDynamite

Sounds like you didn't notice the car pulling up from the spawn area...

No, I am 100% sure there was no npc cars around where I was or even close to where I was.