2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Is San Fierro the lamest place in San Andreas?

BeatenbyMichaelDeSanta

BeatenbyMichaelDeSanta

I know San Fierro was based on San Francisco

but i dont know what makes sf ugly, kinda reminds me of GTA III LQ textures.

If i asked you , does SF looks good to you or not?

But to me is a NO i always liked Los Santos and Blaine County

• Like 3

I've always liked San Fierro. It's varied, from the run-down buildings and indsutrial areas, to the residential areas and the commerical districts. However, I prefer Las Venturas and Los Santos though.

BeatenbyMichaelDeSanta

I go to san fierro when i havE 1 star level when the cop was chasing me, the tram accidently hit him. almost got busted!

San Fierro is different in all versions, probably the most rushed city and the last one in the development of San Andreas. Has different textures around the map in PS2, PC and Xbox.

Edited by gts.
  • Like 2

San Fierro is different in all versions, probably the most rushed city and the last one in the development of San Andreas. Has different textures around the map in PS2, PC and Xbox.

Totally agree with you. The most noticeable and a little bit stupid change is the Hippie Statue in Hashbury, in PS2 has color while in PC and Xbox (?) doesn't have.

Totally agree with you. The most noticeable and a little bit stupid change is the Hippie Statue in Hashbury, in PS2 has color while in PC and Xbox (?) doesn't have.

Where, What statue?

• Like 1

Where, What statue?

The hippie statue that's connected to the building near the Suburban.

Also I thought San Fierro was the first city created for SA, which would explain why it's so... "different" from LS and LV.

• Like 1

Where, What statue?

cxluKFM.jpg

Also I thought San Fierro was the first city created for SA, which would explain why it's so... "different" from LS and LV.

I don't think so, the first city in the development was Los Santos by obvious reasons. If you look closely Los Santos has a lot of details like props, bridges, buildings with beacons, a big freeway with his intersections around the city. The previous things is present in San Fierro and Las Venturas but in a less amount, for example only a few buildings has beacons in San Fierro and the same thing with Las Venturas if I remember correctly while in Downtown, Los Santos a lot of buildings has beacons. In a few words Los Santos is more detailed than the others cities in the game.

Edited by inadequate
  • Like 2

I think I'm the only one that prefers both LV and SF over LS. I loved all of them though. At least it's not like in V where everyone everywhere is a junkie, lol.

• Like 2

DhF4CUK7S5mrQmZkTLK8DA.png

The Ghost 206

San fierro wasn't that bad to me. If I'm not in los santos im terrorizing san fierro

• Like 2

San Fierro isn't bad but I felt it a little bit empty comparing it with Los Santos.

• Like 2

I like Los Santos,Las Venturas and rural areas more,but San Fierro is ok too,I always liked taking some fast car or bike and jumping on that long road in Chinatown,the one with ramp-like hills.

Also,there is no Blaine County in GTA SA,only in GTA 5.Rural areas in GTA SA are Red County,Flint County,Bone County,Whetstone and Tierra Robada.

If i asked you , does SF looks good to you or not?

Seems OK to me.

slimeball supreme

I liked San Fie, maybe even my favourite city.

That gay pride area always catches my attention.

• Like 2

Sge6QaD.png yURtluV.png

Legomanarthur

It's actually my favorite city out of the three. :)

• Like 4

Also,there is no Blaine County in GTA SA,only in GTA 5.Rural areas in GTA SA are Red County, Flint County, Bone County, Whetstone and Tierra Robada.

You get more in SA than V, huh?. :pp

• Like 1

Lethal Vaccine

Actually, I find San Fierro my favorite part of the Game, other than Los Santos. I am not too much of a fan of The Country, The Desert, and Las Venturas.

I am actually in San Fierro right now as we speak in my new, current SA playthrough. This one is gonna be so good compared to my last one :D

Edited by Militia
  • Like 1

I don't think so, the first city in the development was Los Santos by obvious reasons. If you look closely Los Santos has a lot of details like props, bridges, buildings with beacons, a big freeway with his intersections around the city. The previous things is present in San Fierro and Las Venturas but in a less amount, for example only a few buildings has beacons in San Fierro and the same thing with Las Venturas if I remember correctly while in Downtown, Los Santos a lot of buildings has beacons. In a few words Los Santos is more detailed than the others cities in the game.

Maybe. It's less detailed and has more environmental glitches than the rest of the areas which might mean it was the first city in SA Rockstar built before they'd "get a feel" of the map and add more detail to the other two cities, although it might just be me.

• Like 1

Personally, I really like San Fierro. The only place that I thought was the lamest in SA was Flint County. Apart from a few buildings, Flint County feels very empty compared to other places in San Andreas, like Bone County. Though, I understand why most of the Bone County is empty since most of it is basically desert.

Edited by Ivan1997GTA
  • Like 1

Algonquin Assassin

I was never able to warm up to San Fierro for some reason. Las Venturas is my favourite city in the game, but San Fierro has always been a bit "meh" to me.

Edited by PulpFiction
  • Like 3

GTA IV Signature V4 by Lettermaniac on DeviantArt

DontSpankMaBitchUp

Las Venturas is the city I find myself in the most whenever I play San Andreas. I enjoy San Fierro, especially taking a fast car and jumping the hill like roads. I also enjoy taking a speedboat and cruising around the coast in that area.

Las Venturas on the other hand is my favorite. I like walking on "The Strip" and starting fights with the tourists lol

Off-Topic: And this isn't to bash GTA V or anything but the Countryside in San Andreas is way better than the half-assed one in V. I seriously feel like the Countryside in San Andreas was bigger than V's. The Desert too.

Edited by DontSpankMaBitchUp
  • Like 2

I've always liked San Fierro. It's varied, from the run-down buildings and indsutrial areas, to the residential areas and the commerical districts. However, I prefer Las Venturas and Los Santos though.

Same here. I liked the place but other two towns were always better to me.

San fierro is my favorite place in SA , it just gave me that feeling of a home. i like every part of it , from the industrial area to the residents area , i also liked how the city isn't too empty or crowded ( LV always made me feel like im alone and the city is empty , while LS always make me feel that the city is too crowded )

• Like 2

San Fierro is awesome for high speed police chases. Roads sloping at crazy angles, ramps everywhere....perfect! It's 10x better in rainy weather.

• Like 1

universetwisters

San Fierro is awesome for high speed police chases. Roads sloping at crazy angles, ramps everywhere....perfect! It's 10x better in rainy weather.

This.

While San Fierro was mediocre compared to real life San Francisco (like all cities in SA), it was pretty good for car chases. Really had a Bullit feel

• Like 1

San Fierro seems to have more refreshing vibrant Christmas colors at night. The extreme hills make it easier to see the sky, which also has unusual colors. I find the constant yellowish hue in both Los Santos and Venturas combined with the heat haze effect to be depressing. The cute white girl NPC also lives only in Fierro. She seems to be one of the few people who doesn't say dirty things.

The city does feel empty from a practical gameplay perspective. I know Santos better because it was the first city I started in. It seems to have more useful weapon and star pickups (that I know of). Venturas and the desert on the other hand has stronger weapons like the minigun, and it is easier to do side missions on the flat area where we can practically reach any point from anywhere without worry about climbing highways and jumps. Fierro is kinda in the middle and not good at anything. The usefulness of the heat-seeking rocket launcher at the airport is limited compared to the minigun; I don't use the Deser Eagle. Fierro also has a fair amount of annoying jumps that are often the reason why I fail missions.

Oh, but Fierro does have one place where it is possible to hide indefinitely from police and army and also recharge health, the Cranberry Station. In my game, the state should have shut down the station and erected a monument there... in honor of the dead police social workers and young weekend soldiers.

• Like 2

I love it there, I've spent most of my time in SF after I beat the game. It has such a cozy atmosphere to it along with Bayside. So I don't think that place is lame at all, it's my fav city of all the GTAs tbh.

• Like 4

IiKihFW.png