2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

Cool Things You Didn't Know About: VCS Edition

Same as with the other subforums. Post neat details from VCS that aren't really common knowledge.

I'll start:

- If you punch in the air, nearby pedestrians will attack you. You can even use this to make cops attack you with their fists, rather than a nightstick, while not even having a wanted level.

- For the first time in the series, police helicopters have a pilot, and like in San Andreas, you can jack them. The pilot only has a regular cop model, though, and drops a pistol and nightstick like the others when killed.

If an AI shoots at a cop car, the cops will get out of the car and run away like a normal pedestrian instead of trying to fight back.

Like OP said, if you punch near an AI they will run away or fight you, but I'm also gonna add if you do it on your own gang members they will fight you (Only tried it with Protection, Prostitution, and Loan Shark, haven't tried it with Drugs, Smuggling, and Robbery yet).

• 2 months later...

What about sweet at that ambush?

I think he meant characters with specifically visible wounds (cuts, gunshot holes and the like). Sweet was just bleeding, like a Paramedic mission patient, but nothing else was shown.

What about sweet at that ambush?

I think he meant characters with specifically visible wounds (cuts, gunshot holes and the like). Sweet was just bleeding, like a Paramedic mission patient, but nothing else was shown.Now i get it,thanks for the explanation.

EDIT:

This is the second game in entire series wich support climbing,(but only if Vic on water).

Edited by Luther face

Speaking about climbing and swimming: it seems that in the III era only black guys can do that.

On-topic:

If your business site has been damaged AND you want to build another business at that place, you don't need to repair your business site, just press 'triangle' when prompted to repair the business to skip on to the building browser.

Each task needed for 100% completion is worth 0.42% on PS2. If all tasks needed for 100% have been accomplished, then the completion percentage will be 100.38% (approx. to 100.4%). That is why one of the tasks will, in fact, be not needed to be completed to achieve 100%. This, however, does not apply to Hidden Packages, Rampages and Unique Jumps, as the last one of them gives you 0.84% (0.42% for collecting the last one and another 0.42% for collecting them all)

Edited by Arsen Vitiuk
  • 3 weeks later...

During the mission 'Conduct Unbecoming', you can keep the Stinger you received from Phil in that mission. Don't drive the Stinger to the army gates otherwise it will trigger the cutscene and the Stinger will disappear. Instead, park the Stinger a in a far distance from the gates. Then get to the army gates on foot. After the cutscene, just walk or drive to where you left the Stinger.

But I think it's better to steal one of the Infernus in the party at Starfish Island (the same one you go to on the same mission) instead of keeping the Stinger because the Infernus will come in handy for the turismo races later in the game.

Not sure if this applies to the other GTAs but I found out about this when I was playing VCS. If you press the jump button if a moving car is about to hit you, Victor will jump sideways to avoid getting hit by the car. Victor can still get busted while he's on the ground if there's a police officer nearby.

Edited by JuiceMint
  • Like 1

-Reni later goes onto becomes the radio host for Flashback FM in Liberty City Stories and GTA III
-The Freeways and Wintergreens outside The White Stallion bar during "The Bum Deal" mission are supped up to have intense handling and speed.

-Reni later goes onto becomes the radio host for Flashback FM in Liberty City Stories and GTA III

Not GTA III, only LCS. The Flashback FM DJ in III is Toni, who is the same DJ on Flash FM in VC.

• 3 weeks later...

All animations, weapon sounds and wepaon demage points are exactly like the ones in Libercitystories and Vicecity. They just changed the weapon skins. (Scorpion is exactly like the Tec9

• Like 3

Speaking about climbing and swimming: it seems that in the III era only black guys can do that.

Vic is white and dominican, not black. Now we know lance wasnt black either

Edited by mancl692

Vic more like brown to me,anyway:

-Vic is the second protagonist who use a chopper equipped with magnet crane to steal something

-Diego Mendez's outfit similar to Soiree Outfit from GTA Vice City.

- In the PSP version of the game, near the Hyman Memorial Stadium, there's a sign that says: "You are standing on USJ 005a, a fine new addition to our great city that isn't contrived at all. Have you found the 10 Easter Eggs? Rockstar Leeds would like to thank you for playing the game and letting us have a rockin' Christmas party", while in the PS2 version - which has been released after the PSP one - the same sign says: "You are standing on USJ 005a, a fine new addition to our great city that we're all grown to love. Have you found the 11 Easter Eggs? Rockstar Leeds would like to thank you for playing the game, and by the way, the Christmas party was great". I like when the developers thank the fanbase for playing the game.

- In the mission "Domo Arigato Domestobot" the code to open the safe is 8423 which is T9's system to write "Vice". Plus, in the upper-left corner of the screen you'll be able to read various funny phrases - one of them is "Flux capacitor at 110%" which is a reference to Back to the Future, Flux Capacitor was a dispositive that made the DeLorean to travel back in time in the movie. Furthermore, the robot used in this mission is based on the R.O.B. (Robotic Operating Buddy) made by Nintendo in 1980.

- In Downtown you can find a restaurant that goes by the name of Special Fried Vice which parody Chinese specialty special fried rice. The insignia uses the same font of Miami Vice. However, it has a double meaning as Special Fried Rice is also a disease which causes man's genitalia to be inflammed.

- Talking of restaurants, in Downtown you can find an Italian restaurant called Barzini's, a reference to Don Barzini, the boss of the five families in The Godfather.

- The Little Willie is based on the Little Nellie featured in 007's movie You Only Live Twice.

- Both the mission "Kill Phil" and "Kill Phil: Part 2" are obvious references to Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill and its sequel.

- Diego and Armando's names are a reference to Diego Armando Maradona. Plus, Armando Mendez is based on Alejandro Sosa, one of Tony Montana's antagonists in the movie Scarface.

- The 99 red balloons you have to find and shot at as "Hidden Packages" are a reference to the song "99 Luftballons" by Nena which was also featured in GTA: Vice City's Wave 103 radio station. "Luftballons" is German for "red balloons.

Edited by toxluv
  • Like 2

"Luftballons" is German for "red balloons.

I'm not trying to correct you, but Luftballons translates to Air balloons. The collectibles in the game are closer to English version of this song called "99 Red Balloons," which was created in March 1984 (the same year the game is set).

• Like 1

"Luftballons" is German for "red balloons.

I'm not trying to correct you, but Luftballons translates to Air balloons. The collectibles in the game are closer to English version of this song called "99 Red Balloons," which was created in March 1984 (the same year the game is set).

Oops! Yeah, I know that, I just made some confusion. However, you're right, so thank you for the correction.

-The ghost tower is still there!!!

-Hidden interiors are located high above the ocean west of Downtown Vice City.

How to proof it:During the black/loading screen when you get in/out an interior (other than Ammunation and safehouse interior)

try to pause the game immediately,if the timing is right,the player position marker will located at west of Downtown.

EDIT:

Actually the hidden interior location is depend,if Vic in Vice Beach area the location of the interior more likely east of Vice Point.

Edited by Luther face

During the mission 'Conduct Unbecoming', you can keep the Stinger you received from Phil in that mission. Don't drive the Stinger to the army gates otherwise it will trigger the cutscene and the Stinger will disappear. Instead, park the Stinger a in a far distance from the gates. Then get to the army gates on foot. After the cutscene, just walk or drive to where you left the Stinger.

But I think it's better to steal one of the Infernus in the party at Starfish Island (the same one you go to on the same mission) instead of keeping the Stinger because the Infernus will come in handy for the turismo races later in the game.

What's so special about a Stinger or Infernus? They aren't rare or anything and spawn on the street everywhere. You can always find one and just jack one later on. Instead, you should use Martinez' Army Green Colored Streetfighter. This paintjob for the Streetfighter can't be found from any Pay and Spray or from traffic. It's gone after this Mission, too, so it's the first Special Vehicle which can be found and obtained in VCS...

-The Freeways and Wintergreens outside The White Stallion bar during "The Bum Deal" mission are supped up to have intense handling and speed.

Not supposed to...They do. Also the Ventoso. You can obtain all 3 of these UH (Unique Handling) Bikes from this Mission and pass it at the same time. Pretty fun to drive these around....

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Bit of a spooky fact here.

If you start a fire near the spawn point of the Firetruck in Downtown, it'll start spraying water... even though it's parked and has no driver. :blink:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Phil Collins can actually die during In The Air Tonight and R* made a silly joke on the MISSION FAILED! screen.

I did this by accident about 8 years ago, and decided to replicate it and upload to Youtube, seeing as nobody else has.

Edited by Mega
  • 1 month later...

Continuation from above...

And also ,they don't speak on the loudspeaker

If they did, I imagine a lot of the quotes from the heli support in GTA Vice City will be re-used. Anyway, back on topic. I noticed that the VCPD officers (both regular and motorcycle) and the SWAT teams talk (the SWAT only does that when rapelling from the chopper, though), but the FBI agents and the army don't, for some reason. The coastguards don't use the loudspeaker on the Predator either.

Vic is white and dominican, not black. Now we know lance wasnt black either

So what? Can a black guy not have a Dominican nationality? And if Victor and Lance are white, then I'm a woman. He can possibly not be fully black, as his mother is white, but I guess his father's genes were dominant for both him and his brother... Or their mother is not their genetic mother. Edited by Arsen Vitiuk