2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Would current-gen consoles be able to handle a car warehouse?

KingBen

I've seen warehouses speculated on these forums for almost a year now. People predict we could get a warehouse that stores anywhere from 20-100 cars at once.

Would this be possible on current-gen consoles (PS4/XB1)? Or would it be limited to PC?

Or are warehouses completely out of the question and just speculation?

Edited by Ben_GTAV

Semaj 2JZ♢

I've seen warehouses speculated on these forums for almost a year now. People predict we could get a warehouse that stores anywhere from 20-100 cars at once.

Would this be possible on current-gen consoles (PS4/XB1)? Or would it be limited to PC?

Answers are in bold.

Just speculation, but I do think it is possible, on all platforms.

Retired Mafia

it should not be a problem on any of the consoles i believe. if we can have 3 garages, theb why not 4? or why not one big one.

i don't really need a complete warehouse, but i would like just a couple more garage spaces.

Omg are people really that ignorant to think current gen is so weak?

I don't see why it couldn't be done in some form on all generations. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not like the cars actually "exist." It's just code that you have access to. YOu go into a garage or call the mechanic, and it spawns [a] vehicle with the correct stats. This should be the info on their side, not ours. If we both have identical vehicles, it's the same code that it retrieves for each of us. Neither car is "real."

The only difference would be how it is implemented graphically. Do we get the fancy, huge, rotating-display garages some want, or do we just have a more regular garages/a list of vehicles (which would be fine with me and a few others.)

If they put it on other gens or not is a different question. For example, strippers are topless on next gen but not current gen. This certainly isn't a memory limitation, as they are topless in single player regardless of generation, so who knows?

• Like 2

Captain Sensib1e

It would be no problem. Heck, R* could add almost a limitless amount of new locations, like North Yankton, as long as it is a location that has to load.

Sentinel Driver

I don't see why it couldn't be done in some form on all generations. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not like the cars actually "exist." It's just code that you have access to. YOu go into a garage or call the mechanic, and it spawns [a] vehicle with the correct stats. This should be the info on their side, not ours. If we both have identical vehicles, it's the same code that it retrieves for each of us. Neither car is "real."

The only difference would be how it is implemented graphically. Do we get the fancy, huge, rotating-display garages some want, or do we just have a more regular garages/a list of vehicles (which would be fine with me and a few others.)

If they put it on other gens or not is a different question. For example, strippers are topless on next gen but not current gen. This certainly isn't a memory limitation, as they are topless in single player regardless of generation, so who knows?

ps3/xbox 360 aren't current gen

My thoughts on the topic: Sure! maybe 100 garage spaces could be a little overboard tho

I'm sure it would be possible, but that doesn't mean they'd do it. I wouldn't be surprised if the video editor was technically possible too - I mean I remember an old Driver game having a similar thing back on the PS1. Plus I don't suppose the Dukes, Kraken and seaplane couldn't have been added to 360/PS3.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hold back more stuff from the old consoles.

Edit: thought you meant the old consoles. I don't see why the PS4/Xbox One couldn't do it.

Edited by Icantthinkofonew

ps3/xbox 360 aren't current gen

My thoughts on the topic: Sure! maybe 100 garage spaces could be a little overboard tho

And my point is that they should be able to do it on any gen, at least the way I understand things, but they don't always.

Sentinel Driver

I'm sure it would be possible, but that doesn't mean they'd do it. I wouldn't be surprised if the video editor was technically possible too - I mean I remember an old Driver game having a similar thing back on the PS1. Plus I don't suppose the Dukes, Kraken and seaplane couldn't have been added to 360/PS3.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hold back more stuff from the old consoles.

Edit: thought you meant the old consoles. I don't see why the PS4/Xbox One couldn't do it.

PS1 games are a little different than ps3/x360/ps4/xone/pc games tho. GTA V is way more complicated than a driver game on ps1. The vehicles are there just as an extra gift for current gen/pc players

I don't think a large warehouse that stores 100 cars in a similar fashion to the 10 car garage (where you can see every car stored in said warehouse) would be possible on any version of the game. A 20 car garages would be no problem, as well letting us own every property in the game. Personally I'd prefer it if they just removed the cap on purchasable property. Of course it wouldn't be as easy as allowing us to own all properties. They'd have to adjust the way proprieties work on the mini map. (Which wouldn't be too hard. They could apply the change they made to player blips on the current gen/pc version, so the properties only appear on the edge of the map when you're in close proximity to them.) There would also need to be a way of organizing the list when you call the mechanic, or at least prioritizing one garage to appear on the top. Finally we'd need a better organization system that allows us to sort vehicles in any garage, and not just the one we're currently in. (The developers could copy Test Drive: Unlimited 2's garage board.)

Omg are people really that ignorant to think current gen is so weak?

The real deal is the online experience,just way too glitchy

Mid size warehouse would be decent and probably wouldn't be too hard to add.

30 slots.

6 rows of 5 cars per row.

I would pay $12Million for that, tops.

Edited by Fozzie_420
Mainthreadrule.gif

NightTrainCaine

Of course they could.

The PS4 and Xbox One are animals.

The ball is in Rockstar's court on this one.

it will, but the framerate will dip to cinematic 24fps

Find examples where a player can view more than ten different vehicle models at the same time and you have your answer.

gorskiegangsta

After R* added an aircraft carrier to one of heist missions, I don't think anything is out of the question. I think large warehouses would be possible using segmented layout like in Test Drive Unlimited. The issue with something like 50 slots might have been the mechanic list layout, but R* already solved that with current gen 30p collapsible layout as well as Pegasus lists. Personally, as an old gen peasant, I'd take any extra storage space - even if it is only a mechanic-accessible storage. But a large showroom would be nice addition for CG.

Multiple 20's, with the ability to control the lighting level via dimming settings in the pull up menu,and a swanky interior, would be perfect. Anything more would b even better :inlove: