3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Fuzzknuckles

Gun Control

RageFaceMax

Because it's worked so well thus far? The path the US has been traveling is a bad path, it doesn't work and it's time to re-orient the direction of our "gun control" measures and get in step with the rest of the civilized world.

"An armed society is a polite society."

- Robert A. Heinlein

AlienTwo

Because it's worked so well thus far? The path the US has been traveling is a bad path, it doesn't work and it's time to re-orient the direction of our "gun control" measures and get in step with the rest of the civilized world.

- Robert A. Heinlein

"I'm going to murder a bunch of 6 year olds in their class today."

-Adam Lanza

"I'm going to murder a bunch of theater-goers."

-James Holmes

sivispacem

Yes, and a science fair action writer is an authority on firearm control why?

RageFaceMax

- Robert A. Heinlein

"I'm going to murder a bunch of 6 year olds in their class today."

-Adam Lanza

"I'm going to murder a bunch of theater-goers."

-James Holmes

Because psychopaths represent gun owners, right?

AlienTwo

I was showing how useless quotes are to this debate, especially quotes by murders or science fiction writers. You are, instead of trying to debate a point, just putting up stupid and random quotes.

And both of those two scumbags were gun owners.... so there's that.

RageFaceMax

I was showing how useless quotes are to this debate, especially quotes by murders or science fiction writers. You are, instead of trying to debate a point, just putting up stupid and random quotes.

Heinlein made a valid point which was worth posting. Yes, those scumbags owned guns. Just like that guy who stabbed 23 kids in a Chinese school in 2012. Knife control?

mr quick

I don't think you're picking up what he's putting down. Yes, there are groups that want to ban gun ownership. They are a very vocal minority and in no way reflect a body powerful enough to enact said ban. Otherwise, guns would be banned. So, uh, yay guns.

Obama's moves today are promising. Baby steps in the right direction.

As long as Obama doesn't touch the firearms of my American friends, I'm fine. If he goes to far, we'll fight back.

May I ask why it is so important to own a gun/have the right to?

Heinlein made a valid point which was worth posting. Yes, those scumbags owned guns. Just like that guy who stabbed 23 kids in a Chinese school in 2012. Knife control?

It'd be interesting to compare mass stabbings in the US to mass shootings. Additionally, a knife is a tool for things like preparing food, cutting fabric etc. A gun, as I understand it, is designed to inflict damage on living things. Thoughts?

Edited by Marwin

Dingdongs

This is certainly not the first time we've had people randomly reply in this topic and make a heartfelt post about how banning every single gun will not work.

Yes, we know that. Thanks.

AlienTwo

I'm actually glad you brought that incident up, it happened the same day as Sandy Hook if memory serves. You want to google that real quick and get me the death count from that attack?

Actually don't worry, I have the number memorized... interestingly enough, it isn't a number that the Europeans even RECOGNIZED as a number for centuries, but thanks to those damned dirty Arabs we have decided to adopt this crazy concept...

That's a big fat goose egg, meaning not one human was killed on that day. So yeah, maybe the knife isn't as efficient a killing tool as the gun.

RageFaceMax

I'm actually glad you brought that incident up, it happened the same day as Sandy Hook if memory serves. You want to google that real quick and get me the death count from that attack?

Actually don't worry, I have the number memorized... interestingly enough, it isn't a number that the Europeans even RECOGNIZED as a number for centuries, but thanks to those damned dirty Arabs we have decided to adopt this crazy concept...

That's a big fat goose egg, meaning not one human was killed on that day. So yeah, maybe the knife isn't as efficient a killing tool as the gun.

I give up. Keep believing in your gun control, I don't care anymore. I was trying to make a point, but no one except for a few people seem to care about gun rights. Have a good day, I'm going to the shooting range.

mr quick

I give up. Keep believing in your gun control, I don't care anymore. I was trying to make a point, but no one except for a few people seem to care about gun rights. Have a good day, I'm going to the shooting range.

You can't just "give up" when presented with an argument. That's not how anything works. What is this "gun right" and why is it exempt from criticism?

AlienTwo

Damn, surrender in the face of defeat. Bravo, sir, you are an example to us all.... seriously though, I wish more people who held your beliefs would follow you in surrendering the argument.

RageFaceMax

Damn, surrender in the face of defeat. Bravo, sir, you are an example to us all.... seriously though, I wish more people who held your beliefs would follow you in surrendering the argument.

I admit. My debating skills sre f*cking sh*t thanks to my lack of social skills, because of the incredible Aspergers Syndrome. I will never give up on ny gun rights, but if you want a good debate, ask Daz. Best damn pro-gun spokesperson on this forum. I hope you have fun mocking me while I'm gone, you're very good at that. Again, have a good day.

AlienTwo

Geeze.... laying the guilt on pretty damned thick there, brother.

If you can't stand the heat.... you know, don't f*cking cook.

RageFaceMax

Geeze.... laying the guilt on pretty damned thick there, brother.

If you can't stand the heat.... you know, don't f*cking cook.

I'm sorry, it's my fault. After being mocked by my teachers and online , I decided I wanted to become better at debating to defend my sport. That obviously didn't work, so I'll quit. I'll leave now and sorry again, I don't want anyone to feel bad.

Edited by RageFaceMax

feckyerlife

I don't think you're picking up what he's putting down. Yes, there are groups that want to ban gun ownership. They are a very vocal minority and in no way reflect a body powerful enough to enact said ban. Otherwise, guns would be banned. So, uh, yay guns.

Obama's moves today are promising. Baby steps in the right direction.

too me its just fluff, its enough to shut up the people crying out for gun control and its not enough to threaten the NRA.

Bartleby

Jesus, dude, enough with that straw man. Just because some people have views on how guns should be regulated that differ from yours doesn't mean they don't care about gun rights. The very reason people are discussing this in here is because they care, and in case you haven't noticed, the number of people here who are advocating for the banishment of all guns is....well, scroll on back up to the magic number AlienTwo made nice and big for you.

Edited by Bartleby

RageFaceMax

Jesus, dude, enough with that straw man. Just because some people have views on how guns should be regulated that differ from yours doesn't mean they don't care about gun rights. The very reason people are discussing this in here is because they care, and in case you haven't noticed, the number of people here who are advocating for the banishment of all guns is....well, scroll on back up to the magic number AlienTwo made nice and big for you.

I know and I've already offered my apologies for my unprofessional behavior. You can read why in one of my previous posts.

Tchuck

And many people actually believe the stuff she's telling

Do they?

Oh yes, they do...

So you keep saying, but I'm not convinced. It's not a point of view you see perpetuated amongst American members of this forum, even the actual left-leaning (rather than "American" "left") ones. It's not a point of view perpetuated by the US media at all to any discernible degree, and nor does it appear in much public or private discourse on the subject.

I don't deny that individuals who hold stringently anti-firearm views do exist- doing so would be downright silly. I do, however, think that the presence of a so-called "anti-firearm" popular movement of any real size or scope in the US is basically a myth created and perpetuated by the American Right.

Believe what you want.

Sheeple, amirite?

In any case, can you back up any of what you have been saying? Cause we all struggle to find any evidence pointing to you being right.

You want evidence for people supporting Feinstein's gun control? Then take a look at the Federal Assault Weapons Ban of 1994, written by Dianne Feinstein, approved by the US Congress and signed by Clinton. There was enough support for that to get passed.

No, I want evidence for And many people actually believe the stuff she's telling, which doesn't appear to reflect the reality in any way, shape or form.

And it's quite telling that you think it's "sad" that one politician exists that wants to ban all firearms, but not at all saddened by politicians who are racists, xenophobics, homophobics etc.

RageFaceMax

Wow dude. Do you really f*cking think I'm not saddened by racist, homophobic en xenophobic politicians? Do you think I'm some kind of f*cking monster? Not cool man...

DareYokel

@RageFaceMax: you should be embarrassed of your signature. That's the dumbest attempt at logic that I've seen since creationists tried to prove that dinosaurs lived with humans.

RageFaceMax

Oh, I'm sooooooo sorry. I'll change it just for you.

sivispacem

It is a ridiculous non-sequitur; it's pretty hard to take anything you say the n the subject seriously with that underlining every single one if your posts.

Stephan90

- Robert A. Heinlein

loooool, the gun related murder rates in the US suggest the opposite.

RageFaceMax

- Robert A. Heinlein

loooool, the gun related murder rates in the US suggest the opposite.

US murder rates are at an all-time low. Lowest it has been in 100 years. Also, more people are getting into firearms. Under the Obama administration, over 25 million firearms have been sold. That's a lot more than in the past (probably thanks to all the scare buying, thanks Obama!) So more people are getting guns, yet the streets aren't filled with blood and dead bodies? Hmmm, I don't think this is gun related...

Edit: those are FBI statistics, so I'm not talking sh*t here.

Edited by RageFaceMax

sivispacem

The murder rate is decresing, yes, but overall it's still five times that anything else in the developed world. The firearm murder rate is twenty, thirty times that of other Western states. And the firearm mass-murder rate is escalating worryingly.

RageFaceMax

The murder rate is decresing, yes, but overall it's still five times that anything else in the developed world. The firearm murder rate is twenty, thirty times that of other Western states. And the firearm mass-murder rate is escalating worryingly.

You can't compare the US to other countries. People always say: ''just look at the UK! Just look at Australia!'' Well, the US has tons and tons of citizens. Last time I checked 322,268,000 people, which is the third largest population of any country on earth...More people = more criminals = more illegal firearms and crime. Also, not all firearms used in crimes are legal. Tons of them are illegal or stolen.

DareYokel

You absolutely can compare the US to other countries. There's this magical thing called "per capita".

More people doesn't equal more illegal firearms. Did you not stop and ask yourself why you have a lot of illegal weapons? The answer is quite simple. You have too much guns in circulation. And that's because it's easy to buy guns. The more guns that there are the likelihood that there will be more illegal guns increases. It's simple math. If you had less guns in the country you would by extension have less illegal guns. And how do we make that happen?

Gun control, genius.

Edited by The Yokel

RageFaceMax

You absolutely can compare the US to other countries. There's this magical thing called "per capita".

More people doesn't equal more illegal firearms. Did you not stop and ask yourself why you have a lot of illegal weapons? The answer is quite simple. You have too much guns in circulation. And that's because it's easy to buy guns. The more guns that there are the likelihood that there will be more illegal guns increases. It's simple math. If you had less guns in the country you would by extension have less illegal guns. And how do we make that happen?

Gun control, genius.

Oh yes, because all the illegal guns will just disappear when you have gun control, right? Black market firearms are untracable. Honest civilians shouldn't be punished for the sh*t criminals do.

GTA36362355

sh*tting cannot be punished. The mess has to go somewhere.