Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,593 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Fuzzknuckles

Gun Control

sivispacem
1 hour ago, Japseye said:

They have gun control in Chicago and look how perfectly that is going. 

What about all the other places in the US that have more stringent firearm control than the average but significantly lower levels of firearm violence? You must be able to see how ridiculous cherry picking like this is.

Japseye
Posted (edited)

What about what about... these games man..

No, what about Chicago. With those tactics of yours, I wouldn't be surprised if you are left-wing. Let's talk about Chicago and not ignore it. Handguns are banned and I quoted 44 murders by firearms last week.

Gun control is a fraud.

LOL wait you want to talk about cherry picking? 600,000 registered gun owners in Texas last year and you believe guns should be banned or "controlled" because of the minority of school shootings. Once again I'm not seeing this equality bullsh*t. Just some more one sided , student-liberal hyped bullsh*t

aaaand my suspicions are confirmed :)

Edited by Japseye

Japseye
56 minutes ago, Daz said:

I know this might sound like some hippie bs but really most of these people really just need someone to talk to. It is always the outcast or the loner. People need someone to offload their problems onto that can agree and understand their issue and to simply tell them "you are right to feel the way you do". This is only exacerbated by shoddy doctors over prescribing pharmaceuticals that either do nothing to help the issue or can cause a complete loss of feeling or emotion which can then lead to horrible events. In most depression cases you can see improvement just by a good diet, exercise and proper sleep accompanied by having someone that you trust that you can talk to about it. It might not work for all cases but you have to think of it in terms of it's function in tribalism. If you lose your tribe it means you are basically dead, humans can't survive without eachother and your body is telling that to you. So effectively you need others to help you console those differences. Obviously there are cases where it is more extreme than just that. But it is an epidemic and one that always ends up with the same hallmarks.

Of all places you would think schools should be able to offer this kind of counseling and to be able to spot this behavior early. Because its the only way to stop it, it will keep happening, in the most recent shooting (that got barely any press as it did not fit their anti-gun agenda) the guy used a revolver and a shotgun. They will use whatever it takes regardless of law. If all they can get is a side by side shotgun then that is what it will be.

except that's not reality. I was brought up very weak minded and I'm glad I don't have my head up my ass like Californian liberals. People do not open up and some don't want to and never will (like myself) 

you know, it would be intelligent if children were properly taught to handle a gun, also good parenting would help in the beginning. We live in a world of weakness surrounded by weak people. Everything is getting easier for mankind. So I see weakness becoming even worse and prevalent. My point is that people will ALWAYS be bullied and guns are here to stay. We've seen Chicago and it hasn't worked, however we've also seen places which works well with gun control. The thing that shocks me the most is the fact that people in Chicago are DYING and the attitude atm is , "uh well , other places are doing fine with gun control so let's push for it more" - for people who care about guns and people dying, they aren't doing alot for Chicago. It's being ignored, just like Sivis did with me :)

Also like I said, 600,000 registered gun owners in Texas last year and everybody should be stripped of their guns because of 1 mad shooter. If Tom from Texas owns 8 guns including assault rifles, machine guns and has not harmed ANYBODY in his life with a firearm, how is it justifiable that his guns should be taken off him because of a teenager who grabbed his grandmothers pistol which was not locked up. Some people do not make sense and never will

sivispacem
2 hours ago, Japseye said:

What about what about... these games man..

No, what about Chicago. With those tactics of yours, I wouldn't be surprised if you are left-wing. Let's talk about Chicago and not ignore it. Handguns are banned and I quoted 44 murders by firearms last week.

Gun control is a fraud.

LOL wait you want to talk about cherry picking? 600,000 registered gun owners in Texas last year and you believe guns should be banned or "controlled" because of the minority of school shootings. Once again I'm not seeing this equality bullsh*t. Just some more one sided , student-liberal hyped bullsh*t

aaaand my suspicions are confirmed :)

Oh come on, this is facile drivel and you know it. The fact your knee jerk reaction is to attempt to poison the well by using "leftist" as a slur just goes to demonstrate you lack the intellectual capability to engage with the subject. So why you're even here in D&D I don't really know.

But because I enjoy ridiculing fallacious reasoning, I'll humour you. Your single point of evidence for the assertion "gun control does not work" is the example of Chicago. Is Chicago the only place that has instituted higher levels of firearm control than the (American) norm? Of course it isn't. So would you care to explain why you've assumed categorical and unequivocal fact from a sample size of 1, in complete ignorance of any other conflicting examples?

I'll give you a clue- it's because you have absolutely no interest in developing a coherently and reasoned understanding of this subject and would instead rather just parrot nonsensical dogma. A common theme amongst many of your recent posts, sprinkled with more than a little inference of homophobia and white nationalism. 

Japseye

Using leftist as a slur? 

hahahah Jesus Christ I'll come back and have a "debate" as you guys call it when you become a man and grow some balls :)

sivispacem
51 minutes ago, Japseye said:

Using leftist as a slur? 

Yes, using leftist as a slur. You know, derogatory. Insulting. I mean I'm not actually a leftist, and even if I we're one, I would think attempts to dismiss my views just because of it pretty foolish, but it's not lost on me you've come in here with plenty of edgy opinions and not even the merest whiff of the competence and coherence required to support them.

Pretty funny, actually.