Jump to content
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. GTANet.com

    1. GTA Online

      1. The Criminal Enterprises
      2. Updates
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Blood Money
      2. Frontier Pursuits
      3. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      4. Help & Support
    3. Crews

    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

      1. Bugs*
      2. St. Andrews Cathedral
    2. GTA VI

    3. GTA V

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

      1. The Lost and Damned
      2. The Ballad of Gay Tony
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
    5. GTA San Andreas

      1. Classic GTA SA
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    6. GTA Vice City

      1. Classic GTA VC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    7. GTA III

      1. Classic GTA III
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    8. Portable Games

      1. GTA Chinatown Wars
      2. GTA Vice City Stories
      3. GTA Liberty City Stories
    9. Top-Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. PC
      2. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Redemption

    1. GTA Mods

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Red Dead Mods

      1. Documentation
    3. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    4. Featured Mods

      1. Design Your Own Mission
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Rockstar Games

    2. Rockstar Collectors

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Movies & TV
      5. Music
      6. Sports
      7. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

    2. Support

    3. Suggestions

*DO NOT* SHARE MEDIA OR LINKS TO LEAKED COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL. Discussion is allowed.

Official MOTW Discussion Thread


AnDReJ98
 Share

Recommended Posts

SeanAlgerian

I am actually free nowadays, and I think it's shall be started tommorow or this summer, I know others are not free because of other countries difference, but at least return the competition for some people that are on vacation/free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm a new member here.

Can I create a MOTW mission with custom skins and sound effects?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, XzeuX said:

Hi! I'm a new member here.

Can I create a MOTW mission with custom skins and sound effects?

Sound effects can be added in DYOM, custom skins are considered mods and should be avoided in MOTW.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, omigawail said:

Sound effects can be added in DYOM, custom skins are considered mods and should be avoided in MOTW.

Yeah I know sound effect can be added in DYOM, but it isn't a mod right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, XzeuX said:

Yeah I know sound effect can be added in DYOM, but it isn't a mod right?

Sound effects do not count as mods, you can use them in MOTW. A lot of people do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
LordStarship

MOTW is nearly dead. Some participants do not have time to create their missions, while the others are waiting to play and vote. I'd say MOTW starts dying since the beginning of 2019. Currently only i am joining the recent MOTW, but winning without absolutely any participant SHOULD NOT count as winning MOTW, as it was intended to compete against other designers as well. If this keeps continuing, MOTW might be gone from this website without any participants. As of now, i'll keep my eyes watching on this forum. If there's 6+ MOTWs without any participants A.K.A. only one guy, then i suggest we should suspend MOTW for now, as it is a waste of time to keep tracking a dead competition. 

 

 

I'll hope that the next MOTW will be full of participants.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Martin_Strada

If u want the MOTW to be alive. Do more freestyle themes to bring participants back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LordStarship
1 hour ago, Martin_Strada said:

If u want the MOTW to be alive. Do more freestyle themes to bring participants back.

Freestyle is just a lazy way to revive it. We can't just do freestyle again and again to revive it, it would be uninteresting for some time.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Well, I'd like to join MOTW Council to help in promoting MOTW Contest. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Tbh motw council is dead.. Rith is mostly regulating the contest all by himself. Thanks to him I finally got to rest off a bit and now not all pressure is directed towards me anymore. Anyway, If you want to help, you are welcome.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Idk what's the matter with the MOTW . It was fine when I left dyom but now it has become dead (sorry to say) but we should convince others to use dyom and make awesome missions . To become famous , dyom is the best option .

 

It wasn't my topic to discuss . I just had lack of time . That's why I couldn't use dyom . But as soon as my computer comes I would be using dyom onwards. But I wanted to know that if dyom restart s or continue the next year in '2021' ? And specially one more thing is I wanted to get permission from Andrej that can I make topic of Unofficial MOTW till the original restarts ?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Yasa Shakeel said:

Idk what's the matter with the MOTW . It was fine when I left dyom but now it has become dead (sorry to say) but we should convince others to use dyom and make awesome missions . To become famous , dyom is the best option .

 

It wasn't my topic to discuss . I just had lack of time . That's why I couldn't use dyom . But as soon as my computer comes I would be using dyom onwards. But I wanted to know that if dyom restart s or continue the next year in '2021' ? And specially one more thing is I wanted to get permission from Andrej that can I make topic of Unofficial MOTW till the original restarts ?

 

MOTW has been closed due to lack of activity. It will reopen when enough people become active in DYOM.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@RithRake24 Thanks for the guidance and I also wanted to know that I can't promote to 'member' from 'new member' . Idk what's the reason behind this . Due to which I can't send pm to others which is necessary instead of replying here and spam on all the topics . I had made more than 10 comments but it didn't have any effect on the profile of mine. Whenever I want to send pm , this notification comes to my screen : 

 

Quote

" You Are Only Allowed to send 0 Messages per day .

 

 Does anybody has the solution for this problem ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Yasa Shakeel said:

I had made more than 10 comments but it didn't have any effect on the profile of mine

You need to have 20 content count. You currently only have 15.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
Martin_Strada

The table needs to be edited.

Edited by Martin_Strada
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Don't worry, I update it every once in a while, usually before MOTY.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are thinking of running MOTW #200 with a special format. Those who are interested and want to find out more, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/CVnCWxNWxHwHraNv9

 

The form does not collect any email addresses or personal information, by the way. It also contains information about how we plan to run MOTW #200.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Yasir_RFL
Quote

-Mission must not require Cheats or Mods

As addon god SIZZZ has released tons of useful af addons, I just wanna know if the addons come in the mod category. Cause If someone uses addons to design a MOTW mission then others would have to download those addons as well, unless the designer provides it in the archive. So, is it possible for a mission to get entry in MOTW while it requires addons? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Toriality

I think you cant use any mods or addons that are necessary to download to pass the mission or that changes the gameplay

 

Addons like skins, sounds and minor tweaks are allowed because you are not obligated to download them to play the mission.

 

That's what I know, maybe the rules will change in this next MOTW reopenning.

  • Like 1
  • Best Bru 1
  • Realistic Steak! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RithRake24
9 hours ago, Yasir_RFL said:

As addon god SIZZZ has released tons of useful af addons, I just wanna know if the addons come in the mod category. Cause If someone uses addons to design a MOTW mission then others would have to download those addons as well, unless the designer provides it in the archive. So, is it possible for a mission to get entry in MOTW while it requires addons? 

 

8 hours ago, Toriality said:

I think you cant use any mods or addons that are necessary to download to pass the mission or that changes the gameplay

 

Addons like skins, sounds and minor tweaks are allowed because you are not obligated to download them to play the mission.

 

That's what I know, maybe the rules will change in this next MOTW reopenning.

I will confirm that what Toriality has said perfectly reflects current MOTW rules. It ensures maximum playability for anyone, as we cannot expect everyone to install the mods. But who knows, the rule may change in the future. As of now, this is the status quo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yasir_RFL
5 hours ago, RithRake24 said:

 

I will confirm that what Toriality has said perfectly reflects current MOTW rules. It ensures maximum playability for anyone, as we cannot expect everyone to install the mods. But who knows, the rule may change in the future. As of now, this is the status quo.

I would really love to see the rules make an exception for addons in the mod category because afterall they are very useful. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Yasir_RFL said:

I would really love to see the rules make an exception for addons in the mod category because afterall they are very useful. 


I agree with Rith and Toriality tho i want the addons to be sanctioned as well. Beauty about DYOM# is even if u use custom objects the base DYOM can still load it without the addon. That's why the likes of Aznkei can still make videos to this day on demanding missions and MPs without DYOM#.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

M.B. Kovas

Any updates as to when the next #201 contest will be hosted?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, M.B. Kovas said:

Any updates as to when the next #201 contest will be hosted?

 

As far as ik, there is no clear date. The mods are busy with IRL issues which prompts them to keep postponing the reopening of MOTW

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RithRake24
27 minutes ago, M.B. Kovas said:

Any updates as to when the next #201 contest will be hosted?

Andrej is working on another community event (I don't think he has announced it publicly yet so I won't spoil it), which is why we're keeping this closed as of now. However, due to personal reasons he's been a tad busier recently. As of now, MOTW will stay closed until Andrej runs the other event. 

 

But it's been a couple of days since I caught up with him anyway so I guess I might just hit him up and ask if I should reopen MOTW in the meantime anyway. The only factor is that the community is small so running multiple events together means that participation numbers will take a hit. Plus, ideally we don't want to be too irregular with MOTW in the sense that we don't want to have to open, close it to accommodate another event, then open it up again in quick succession, if you know what I mean.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yasir_RFL
42 minutes ago, RithRake24 said:

Andrej is working on another community event (I don't think he has announced it publicly yet so I won't spoil it), which is why we're keeping this closed as of now. However, due to personal reasons he's been a tad busier recently. As of now, MOTW will stay closed until Andrej runs the other event. 

 

But it's been a couple of days since I caught up with him anyway so I guess I might just hit him up and ask if I should reopen MOTW in the meantime anyway. The only factor is that the community is small so running multiple events together means that participation numbers will take a hit. Plus, ideally we don't want to be too irregular with MOTW in the sense that we don't want to have to open, close it to accommodate another event, then open it up again in quick succession, if you know what I mean.

Welp, I see no problem opening and closing it again when another special events start. But ig, there's reason I don't understand so I won't say stuff.

I hope Andrej agrees with you reopening the MoTW soon again but let's see what happens. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Toriality

Who will choose the next MOTW theme when it opens?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.