1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

ciel

Official K-Pop Topic

ciel

look who are back wow

Not A Nice Person

I love Ladies Code, Bad girl stunned me back in '13 and I was pretty disappointed with the rest of their songs, except So Wonderful. I love this new song though, I hope this helps them overcome tragedy.

Also WJSN debuted, it's a cute concept which is great but I was expecting something different lol. I hope they don't flop hard like Boyfriend or Monsta X in a way, I'll call them a successful failure...

ciel

As a few people mentioned it must've been not been easy for them to make a comeback after losing a friend/member but I'm liking the song anyway.

ANDANDAND

54cc2fb2dda1f4645c33081741cfccd3.jpg

I'm super happy she's back, incredible voice but so underrated.

Edit: I think a duet with Minzy would be amazing, ohmygod. Two stunning voices, super OP. ♡

Edited by missanthropy

ciel

I'm a few days late, shame on me but a belated happy 25th Birthday to the one and only Seoul city's baddest female.

tumblr_o33z4gbByP1r9cixeo1_500.jpg

ciel

Best song on Seoulite by far.

feckyerlife

not really K pop, but still K

ciel

Happy Park Bom day ♡ 🎂🎉

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND CUTEST UNNIE. Blackjacks miss you, come back to us soon!💖💖💖💖

yphAP1sl.jpg

Kaiju Blue

One of my faves.

ciel

"2NE1's maknae, Minzy has left 2NE1 it's been confirmed in a press release by YG Entertainment."

Here is the official statement taken from yg-life.com

"YGs Official Statement on 2NE1

This is YG Entertainments official statement onrumors about 2NE1s breakup.

First of all, we would like to say we are sorry to announce this sad news to 2NE1s fans who have been looking forward to the teams comeback for such a long time.

YG Entertainment hereby officially announces that 2NE1s youngest member MINZY will not be a member of the team any longer.

Before the termination of 2NE1s contract with YG Entertainment on May 5, 2016, we had one-on-one interviews with every member from January this year, to explain YGs intention to renew the contract and also our will to help 2NE1s new leap forward. However, unfortunately, MINZY did not agree on that.

It is hard for anyone to say goodbye to a colleague that you have worked with for 11 years since the days of training. However, we also fully understand and respect the position of MINZY who went through a difficult time because of the sudden hiatus of the team two years ago, so we feel rather sorry than regrettable.

As MINZY decided to leave the team, the other members were worried about whether thismeant dissolution of 2NE1. However, YGs CEO YANG HYUN SUK met the other three members and expressed his strong will that he wants to keep 2NE1 no matter what and that he intends to overcome the difficulty together, so the contract with the three members was renewed and the new 2NE1 is now working on a new album targeted to be released in this summer. YG is not considering any new member to replace MINZY.

2NE1 is a Korean girl band in the seventh year since their debut, who has held a world tour concert. Not only Korean fans but also fans worldwide are waiting for their new songs and comeback.

It seems to be hard to maintain a girl band longer than seven years, when considering the environment in not only the music scene of Korea but also the music industry of the world, because it is almost impossible without overcoming all those crisis and difficulties.

After their hiatus due to the unfortunate incidenttwo years ago, 2NE1 is now faced another crisis with one member leaving the team, but we will do our best to overcome it again.

That is YG and 2NE1s strong resolution and promise for fans who have long trusted and waited for 2NE1s music. 2NE1 will come back with the most original 2NE1 music.

Thank you.

2016. 04. 05."

tumblr_n5uygfkniN1r8ul7no1_500.png

I'm really sad and 2NE1 will for me, will never be the same. I get that their contract ends on 5/5/2016 but CL, Bom and Dara renewed theirs and will continue without Minzy.

In my opinion I think she wants to pursue other things because she's still young and started that off by deciding not to renew her contract with YG. Iconic song performances like I Am the Best and Fire will be dull without her.

2NE1 will probably make a return in the summer but until then, I wish nothing but good things for Mingkki. I hope she will still remain close to the girls too.

We love you girl!!

Edited by Candy Suxxx

Chaera

Her dad bout to put out a press conference calling out some sh*t :lol:

iTakumi

I just wondering why nobody post "Run"

ciel

I wish Cube would promote these girls outside of Korea.

I was on Tumblr an hour ago and not one GIF from the 360 M/V on my dashboard.

hamxod

I wish Cube would promote these girls outside of Korea.

I was on Tumblr an hour ago and not one GIF from the 360 M/V on my dashboard.

Omg at this being so flawless 😩💗

Loce the song so much

Not A Nice Person

im upset Minzy left but im mad at YG why the hell did you keep this talented girl in the dungeon for so long, it makes no sense. iKON is clearly his favoured child.

hamxod

im upset Minzy left but im mad at YG why the hell did you keep this talented girl in the dungeon for so long, it makes no sense. iKON is clearly his favoured child.

Fat G did minzy so so so wrong

its unfair tbh

ciel

Fat G did minzy so so so wrong

its unfair tbh

Fat G

lmao

Minzy's talent will not go to waste once she finds herself again.

iKON and Winner are his babies, even Tablo had to take Lee Hi under his wing to get her a comeback ffs.

Commander S

Was anyone wondering when J.Y. Park would get around to releasing a collaboration with Conan O'Brien, Steven Yeun, Jimin Park, Wonder Girls and TWICE - complete with everyone doing Conan's iconic 'string dance'?

..okay, that's a pretty specific niche you're after, there - but as it happens, you're in luck:

:colgate:

Edited by Commander S

ciel

I'm starting to really like Twice! :D

Mina may or may not be my bias. 😏

Also I've been itching to bring this up, I mean how could I not??

vVSrF0zl.jpg

Bom is back on social media after nearly 2 years! And promoting hayi's M/V too, smooth. ♡

Edited by Candy Suxxx

FOREIGN

I used to listen to Big Bang but not so much now. I really liked G-Dragon. His fashion style is 10/10!! Other than that, I dont listen to much kpop. The only group I like right now is AOMG and some artists from Hi-Lite Records.

Not A Nice Person

Finally you guys are seeing the light :lol: I freakin love TWICE.

Dahyun and Sana are mesmerizing

ciel

Mina and Jihyo slay me. :inlove:

I've never heard this track until a mutual reblogged it on my dash..

I know it's old but omg, I love it.

Edited by Candy Suxxx

ciel

Minzy's update from her instagram.

H9xhsiN.jpg

''It is with a sincere heart that I write to you all.

First, I would like to apologize to all those who expressed shock at the news of my departure.
It is after careful consideration and much deliberation that I have decided to pursue a new journey as an artist named Minzy Kong.

Ever since debuting with 2NE1 at the young age of 16, I have been grateful for the wonderful memories I shared with incredible fans worldwide. These experiences were undeniably precious and I take none of them for granted. Thank you all for helping me grow as an artist.

I promise to work even harder to return before you all with an improved and more honest version of myself.
Through a renewed vision and hard work, I hope to reciprocate the love, dedication, and support that you have shown me.
Thank you to all the fans, family, and friends who have shown me their love and concern.
I promise to return soon.

love, Minzy''

ciel

Minzy has officially signed with Music Works Ent.

We can expect something great from her soon, I hope.

Speculation has been brewing about where Minzy's career will take her following her departure from 2NE1.

The Music Works has confirmed the 22-year-old will indeed be working under their label, which is also home to other talented artists such as Baek Ji Young, Yoo Sung Eun and Kim Sohee.

SBS article

Edited by Candy Suxxx

Not A Nice Person

Baek Ji Young is a creditable artist, so she should do well there. At least she's in a new dungeon (for now).

Commander S

Finally you guys are seeing the light :lol: I freakin love TWICE.

Dahyun and Sana are mesmerizing

...made the mistake of listening to this the other week - it's now permanently stuck in my head. :pp

Same with AOA - didn't want to get on board that particular bandwagon, because all the shameless fanservice.

Then they put out this:

...dangit - K-pop and JDM sports cars. It's like they figured out how to sucker me in with a concept tailored to my specific niche. :p

Ended up going and listening to all their previous releases, and had that opening chord loop from 'Miniskirt' in my head for ages, too.

Quite like their latest song, 'Good Luck', too - although there's a bit of really fake-sounding midi sax on there I could do without...!

Edited by Commander S

Not A Nice Person

I love any japanese release a korean act puts out, so I naturally like Give Me Love :p I've followed AOA since debut and while I'm glad they're doing good I'm worried if they're ditching their original concept. It's pretty wierd they went with the sexy concept in Japan and not their debut vibe since Japan doesn't really accept 'sexy' except teenagers and 20 yr old men but they're doing pretty well for a korean group nowadays since they topped Oricon.

Good Luck is good but it's not as catchy as Heart Attack which sucks since it's struggling to stay in top 5 :(

Edited by Sayuri

ciel

:inlove: