2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

stratumxspb

StratumX' Workshop

Sprint-221

What happened to your post with the photos of the V-100? It was great, I saw it last week but at that time I did not have time to comment. Is something wrong?

stratumxspb
What happened to your post with the photos of the V-100? It was great, I saw it last week but at that time I did not have time to comment. Is something wrong?

On forum with 95% of users that prefer "lore-friendly" mods... I don't think it has any sence to show something here. Maybe I'm not match with this resource, I don't know.

Btw, V-100 is finished.

2uFEC.png 2uFED.png 2uFEE.png

And mapped interior:

2uFEz.png 2uFEA.png
Edited by stratumxspb

DerangedCrackhead

Lore friendly mods seem to be the latest trend over here, hopefully just a temporary trend; we still love real life vehicles, don't worry about it ;)

Jinx.

Nah, it is not a temporary trend if these kind of mods were made since more than an year ago.

Remember, GTAInside is still bloated with Forza/Asphalt conversions, so there isn't any set trend at all. Not trying to judge anyone, but not everyone has the same tastes. It all depends on the user's favorable style, after all ;)

Not trying to discourage Stratus, though! The APC looks pretty good! Again, not everyone has the same taste, it's an open forum after all, so others might get interested! :)

Edited by Jinx.

Nik.

Lore friendly mods seem to be the latest trend over here, hopefully just a temporary trend; we still love real life vehicles, don't worry about it ;)

Agreed but it seems its here to stay, I only come to his forum nowadays cos of this thread and Carface's.

Rest is blegh for me.

GtaF was better ages ago, around ,2005 esp with the mods.

B Dawg

Lore friendly mods master race. The problem with real life stuff, is that you have to pretty much change everything in a game so that it looks consistent.

Edited by B Dawg

stratumxspb

I don't judge other urers' tastes and I of course don't mean that my models better that someone's convert of Lampadati Casco from V to IV.

All I try to explain... Mmm, just imagine that this forum is Marvel fans' party and sometimes I feel like I've come on this party wearing Batman suit.

Edited by stratumxspb

LaDiDa

I'd go for lorefriendly any day, most "real-life" stuff tends to not be compatible with anything that's related to actually playing the game (missions, tuning, pay 'n spray, reflection intensity, you name it). I hope more of these come along!

-Anti-

On forum with 95% of users that prefer "lore-friendly" mods... I don't think it has any sence to show something here. Maybe I'm not match with this resource, I don't know.

Please continue posting here. I also follow your topic on gta.com.ua forum but well...everything is in Russian and that's kind of hard to understand.

I like that all your cars fit perfectly in the 90s California setting (lore friendly enough for my taste) and most of them replace cars that haven't been made yet - perfect example being the Swat Van counterpart above. Nice contrast to the hundreds of Skylines/Mustangs etc. out there.

btw what happend to the F Series with the '68 grille?

f755rjba.png

I like it.

stratumxspb

btw what happend to the F Series with the '68 grille?

f755rjba.png

I like it.

Afraid I'm enough with 5th gen F-series. Not big fan to do a lot of different versions of one vehicle. I made this grille for beater variant but decided to make whole new model for it. That's how that 4th gen F-100 has appeared.

Forgot to say, there will be two variants of V-100: LAPD as it showed above and SAPD(or LSPD) with water cannon.

-Anti-

Afraid I'm enough with 5th gen F-series. Not big fan to do a lot of different versions of one vehicle. I made this grille for beater variant but decided to make whole new model for it. That's how that 4th gen F-100 has appeared.

Good to know. :) Would you consider releasing (inofficially) what you have done so far anyway? I'd like to have that 68/69 grille to bring a bit more variety to the traffic in SA. That would be great.

stratumxspb

Good to know. :) Would you consider releasing (inofficially) what you have done so far anyway? I'd like to have that 68/69 grille to bring a bit more variety to the traffic in SA. That would be great.

If it was possible to make different grilles as extras... Maybe it can be added to GTA V convert as a tuning part but in SA it's a problem. I don't like to make similar vehicles because of time and interest, and if I planned to do '68 F-100, I'd make more differences in it compared to '70 F-100.

-Anti-

It is possible in SA when the grille is not part of the front bumper. They can be added as extras and forced to spawn via the component rules in vehicles.ide. I'm using your F-100 like that as a replacement for the Sadler in my game already with the `70 and '71 grille. So it would be great to have the '68 grille to complete the truck.

Edited by -Anti-

universetwisters

Lore friendly mods seem to be the latest trend over here, hopefully just a temporary trend

IhppqrK.jpg

why not lore friendly versions of real vehicles instead of putting down an entire generation

stratumxspb

Working on lore-friendly version of V-100. Water cannon equipment:

2vhLR.png 2vhLT.png 2vhLU.png

LSPD and SAPD liveries, based on real and not so different from each other. It will also have ingame number set (1, 6, 7, 9).

2vhLS.png

And LOD model for both variants (1095 polys and own 512 map):

2vhLQ.png

Sprint-221

Working on lore-friendly version of V-100. Water cannon equipment:

2vhLR.png 2vhLT.png 2vhLU.png

LSPD and SAPD liveries, based on real and not so different from each other. It will also have ingame number set (1, 6, 7, 9).

2vhLS.png

And LOD model for both variants (1095 polys and own 512 map):

2vhLQ.png

Great, This is the lo-re version? It really looks amazing

The Lundy

Now this what we need! You're doing god's work, my friend.

The Lundy

Mmm, I'm afraid I can't do it. Battering ram needs its own collision but extras don't have it. Maybe if someone will convert tank to V.

If you need a man for the job, I'm here!

Jewkesman

StratumX,

I have enjoyed your 5th Gen Ford F-Series Trucks since I put the 1st one in GTA III, everytime as VC and SA came out I put it into them. Then I never really got into IV when it was new I couldn't afford the GFX card to run it half decent back then. So I didn't even know they had changed to wdr/wft/wxd for models and textures. but this go around I have looked and finally found this forum. I have been trying to convert the one that was converted to V to 4. I can't get zmodeler 3 to export to wft from yft. so I have been using the old dff to make it using IV's Hierarchy but even though it seems to work all I get is a mostly invisible truck I can see the outlines and the chrome stuff is perfect and there but it rides on the ground no tires and no viable body. when I export it does saying incorrect configuration on the shaders setting to default. Any help? Would you be willing to convert it to IV?

stratumxspb

Hi. I have no problem with someone's convert to games if people let me know about their plans. Usually

But I don't know the converting process to GTA IV so I can't help you with your problem, sorry. Convert to V was made without my permission and I cannot ask it's author to share source files. It will be better if you ask someone have converted something already.

Btw, SA-version of F-100 will be updated soon by StratenSurf and a little bit by me.

P.S. Not so long time ago one guy decided to make my '57 Belvedere for Mafia 1. This model is very old, its geometry is awful and I don't have time to make a new one so I tried to make it's look a bit better. It is not funny expirience to work with your old sh*t and sometimes I wanted to cut my hands off.

Anyway, how it looked like:

2Ay2z.png 2Ay2A.png 2Ay2B.png

How it looks like now:

2Ay2C.png 2Ay2D.png 2Ay2E.png

LaDiDa

For what it's worth, it doesn't look bad on those screenshots ;)

Nik.

Mafia 1 <3

Toghrul Rahimli

post-53074-0-15790600-1498841881.jpg

For those who haven't seen it yet, this picture was posted in July. Hope this model will be released.

stratumxspb

Some news about '58 Apache panel truck.

2BgPS.png 2BgPT.png 2BgPU.png 2BgPV.png

CT1612

Again very nice with much attention to the detail.

I like that you don't build modern supercars (I can't see them anymore, it is just not realistic) but old classics instead.

GTA:SA is imo the best part of all GTA games but it looks awful when it's full of Lambo Gallardos, LaFerraris and so on.

With your cars I can create a lovely atmosphere, especially old pastel-colored trucks on the countryside where Apache and F-100 are friendly neighbours in the sunset.

Keep up your excellent work!

What I am personally missing are a 1959 Ford Skyliner (what a classic!) and a 1960 Ford Falcon (excellent basic transportation). Do you think they are a good addition?

Hullian111

a 1960 Ford Falcon (excellent basic transportation).

And let's also not forget that it's the Vagabond Falcon, as well.

CT1612

That car is underrated. It was simple to maintain and run, had good interior space for six passengers, a clean design and not to forget that the legendary '64 Mustang is nothing else that a Falcon convertible.

It lacks so bad in GTA SA! But the 1959 Skyliner is also very appealing, I can not decide which one I want more, so I propose both. I am so modest. :D

stratumxspb

Again very nice with much attention to the detail.

I like that you don't build modern supercars (I can't see them anymore, it is just not realistic) but old classics instead.

GTA:SA is imo the best part of all GTA games but it looks awful when it's full of Lambo Gallardos, LaFerraris and so on.

With your cars I can create a lovely atmosphere, especially old pastel-colored trucks on the countryside where Apache and F-100 are friendly neighbours in the sunset.

Keep up your excellent work!

What I am personally missing are a 1959 Ford Skyliner (what a classic!) and a 1960 Ford Falcon (excellent basic transportation). Do you think they are a good addition?

Thanks.

Yes, GTA needs in Falcon in nice quality, I tried to do one several years ago, wagon version, but it didn't survive.

2BhEn.png

To be honest I dont like 1958-1959 Fords/Mercurys/Edsels, too heavy design. They don't look ugly but how they can be compared with Chevrolets, Cadillacs or Plymouths of same years? However, it is a matter of taste.

Edited by stratumxspb

-Anti-

Nice to see the panel van continued.

I would have really liked the Falcon. Wagons are awesome

So if you don't like the chrome heavy 50s Ford maybe something more toned down?

A first or second gen Chevy II ( would be a nice Perennial replacement).

or a 64 Chevelle which seem to be a spiritual succesor to the 2door Nomads..

CT1612

I am astonished... I always thought I am the only person who likes the Falcon that much.

Me personally I prefer the standart 2-door.. it has something of a bathub. :D

1960_Ford_Falcon.jpg

A Chevy II already exists for GTA IV. You are right that it would be the perfect perennial, but converting an already existing one would be the easier way, even if it is only the 2-door.

1460931179_1460931568_1966-chevrolet-ii-

You do not like the Skyliner?

I have another proposal. The game lacks a standard early 60s fourdoor. This could be the Falcon, of course, but the 2door fits better ...

I suggest the 1962 Pontiac Catalina. It has very clean 60s design with an awkward windscreen that was coming right from the early 50s. It has something unique and would add a special touch on the Roads of San Andreas.

62-Pontiac-Catalina-DV-14-GM-001.jpg

And now we come to my all-time-favourite when it comes to classic cars.

The 1953 Studebaker.

I mean.. how can you not love this car? It is just beautiful.

studebaker-commander-1953-2.jpg

Edited by CT1612