2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

╬ Helix Team ╬ --Recruiting Fighter Pilots (X1)

Helix Team

aYwGSRg.jpg
EVZq22G.png
About Helix
We are primarily.. exclusively on the Xbox One. Though some of us have Arma 3 and DCS world.

The 289th Tactical Fighter Squadron "Helix" is a complex organization, which follows the militaristic and dignified principles set by its elder officers. In this current era, the squadron is centered around two main pillars: Education and aeronautical collaboration, the later of which is its backbone.

The 289th highly values the lives of its members, understanding the difficulty of replacing skilled pilots, placing emphasis on the single rule of maintaining the abilities of the airmen it has. The training regime for new pilots is divided into various small classes, and teaches them practical skills to use in warfare to turn them into fearsome fighters. The academy their airmen graduate from is known as HTAS, which has produced numerous elite pilots. Those pilots are then further molded into what Helix Team considers high quality air superiority fighters.

Being as how the 289th has been the only known functioning squadron of its kind on Grand Theft Auto, it will continue to act as a significant aspect in GTA Online's diverse dogfighting culture. Regarding GTA's military community, the team and its officers are dedicated to maintaining our reputation as a "formidable force."

We are currently seeking candidates who would like to join our squadron. Helix is currently understaffed due to older/veteran members moving on to different games.

Helix Team has been a strong functioning crew for the last two years now. The leadership is rock solid. The foundation that our squadron was founded upon has become even tougher.

Vacancies

As of 9/14/2017 the squadron has seven long time active members, the squadrons capacity has been raised to twenty.

Recruitment

This is not a beginners crew..

You must be able to fly and land the P-996 Lazer/H-27 Hydra.. You must be able to successfully employ all common weapons and be capable of some moderate level of air to air combat.

Your training will focus on tactical formation flying, efficient communication and sound employment of basic tactics.

Our instructors will not spoon feed you every bit of information. You will be asked to read and understand various different manuals.

Feel free to apply here by posting the following application with your answers on this thread, or you may apply on our website linked above.

Gamertag:

Past Crews:
Dogfighting Experience(list any or just rate yours 1-10):
Ground combat experience(1-10):
How did you hear about this unit?

Do you have any leadership experience?(List examples if you do)
What do you know about our squadrons and how they operate?
Why do you want to join? What are you expectations?
Do you have a working headset?
Are you capable of speaking the English language?

Information about this crew

1. The 289th Fighter Squadron is not for the occasional flyer. You must be willing to commit to flying online regularly. It is so much more fun to fly with confidence, instead of being forced to deal with a loss of Situational Awareness.
2. Captains and above have access to the protected area of our documents.
3. Officers have access to all squadron training and official flights subject to availability.
4. Officers may be removed from the active roster into the reserves if they are inactive for one month.
By signing up you are initially considered an applicant. Your membership will be considered based on what you fill out in the interview room. So if you are serious about becoming a member, you should fill it out properly from the start. You will become Candidate when 289th selection process is ended and you hopefully are accepted. You will remain as Candidate until your aviation course starts up. By then you will be transferred to cadet status and assigned to the training squadron. This timing will be briefed by squadron Personnel Officer to you when you apply.

We do not allow dual membership, i.e. membership of other online gta Jet/MC/Military crew. We feel that being a member of two crews make you a member of neither. The 289th is a serious commitment; there is plenty to do.

If you are accepted, a captain or above will schedule an interview with you.

Recruit responsibility / Your way from Recruit to 2nd Lt/Cadet Rules

Tasks to perform after you have been accepted as squadron recruit. You have to be active yourself. We will not organize everything for you. We will help but you need to put the effort in it yourself.

Week 1

1. Make sure you attend the aviation course(s), if you are unsure about what you’re missing consult an officer.

2. TAKE NOTES

3. When on duty you must act alongside an officer at all times.

4. You are not allowed to fly alone.

5. You are not allowed to engage any other crew without officer consent. If you have officer consent then the act must be justified.

6. You are absolutely not allowed to be in passive mode unless you are away. If we catch this you may be discharged from the cadet class.

7. If you attend a training session you may have your time as a cadet taken off by one day.

8. If you attend a mock checkride(and pass) your time as a cadet may be reduced up to one day. Contact any 1st LT for a mock checkride.

9. You have one month as a cadet to become a 2nd Lt or you will be dismissed and will have to reapply.

Week 2

1. Continue BFM training and attend any training you need.

2. Make an appointment for your checkride.

3. Go on and pass your checkride.

4. Attend the next Squadron meeting/winging ceremony and graduate to 2nd lt.

Uniforms

As a cadet you will wear the following uniform(s).

Flight Suit

-Green Flight Suit(With green helmet)

PT Uniform

-White Rolled Sleeved T Shirt(with crew emblem)

-Black Chinos(shorts)

-Black Cross Trainers(Sports Shoes)

OR Any choice of running or sports shoes

Airman Battle Uniform(Cadet Version)

-Khaki Detail Battle Vest

-Khaki Battle Pants

-Flight or tactical boots

-No masks/Helmets

Customs and Courtesies
- First of all, courtesies are optional, customs not so much.
- Mostly, it is more appropriate for lower ranking officer to salute high ranking ones.
- Whenever you are greeted, reply in kind. Respect shall be reciprocated with mutual respect.
- Officers of the same rank do NOT need to salute one another.
- You may choose to address someone by rank, however it's based on the person being addressed.
- If they wish to stay casual and/or be address by gamertag instead please respect that.
- Courtesies do NOT extend into combat situations, which requires tactical communications.
- If you're not sure if you should act with courtesy or not, do it.
- Uniforms must be worn when on the flight line and while on duty.
- Service and dress uniforms may be worn off base and off duty.
- Casual civilian clothes may be worn off base and off duty
We appreciate any consideration. Feel free to post here if you have any questions.. here are some pictures from some of our sorties.
lYwVbTj.jpg
BDiVRIh.jpg
baLhlQc.jpg
mjDMzFb.jpg

uptcnea.jpg

zajQ7YD.jpg

Edited by Helix Team

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to training and getting my wings again

Sounds good.

Training starts at 4:30pm today for anyone interested in possibly joining. Contact information is above.

Gamertag: X KWAddict X
Flight Experience: I have almost no flight experience in GTA V. Years ago, I was obsessed with a game called F-22 Lightning 3. I was in a squad called Screaming For Vengeance. I worked at it a lot to become a great pilot. We had practice sessions where we worked on dog fighting. The missiles were extremely easy to dodge so dog fighting was where the game was won. We would all meet up on MSN Messenger, talk about life for a little while, and then go fly. It was a game but it was a sense of brotherhood as well. All I thought about during the day was flying.

I was young at that time. I now drive tractor trailer and don't have the free time that I once did. I will do my best to make myself available for crew any time I am not working.

One last thing, I do have a little dilemma. My girlfriend and I are moving to Texas next week. I would love to get together and meet people and take whatever steps between now and then that I can. Unfortunately, we don't have a place to live in Texas at the moment. Most of the jobs I've applied for want you to have a Texas CDL with hazmat. I can't find a place to rent without proof of income. I have a friend that we will be staying with for the first few weeks. I will be getting us into our own house and the Xbox set back up ASAP. During that time, I would love to keep in touch with the crew via text, e-mail, a messenger of some sort, etc. Whatever means of communication everyone currently uses.

I am a fast learner and hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks!

Gamertag: X KWAddict X

Flight Experience: I have almost no flight experience in GTA V. Years ago, I was obsessed with a game called F-22 Lightning 3. I was in a squad called Screaming For Vengeance. I worked at it a lot to become a great pilot. We had practice sessions where we worked on dog fighting. The missiles were extremely easy to dodge so dog fighting was where the game was won. We would all meet up on MSN Messenger, talk about life for a little while, and then go fly. It was a game but it was a sense of brotherhood as well. All I thought about during the day was flying.

I was young at that time. I now drive tractor trailer and don't have the free time that I once did. I will do my best to make myself available for crew any time I am not working.

One last thing, I do have a little dilemma. My girlfriend and I are moving to Texas next week. I would love to get together and meet people and take whatever steps between now and then that I can. Unfortunately, we don't have a place to live in Texas at the moment. Most of the jobs I've applied for want you to have a Texas CDL with hazmat. I can't find a place to rent without proof of income. I have a friend that we will be staying with for the first few weeks. I will be getting us into our own house and the Xbox set back up ASAP. During that time, I would love to keep in touch with the crew via text, e-mail, a messenger of some sort, etc. Whatever means of communication everyone currently uses.

I am a fast learner and hope to hear from someone soon! Thanks!

Do you have kik by any chance?

Looking forward to meeting you, I will send a friend request now.

Hell, I had messaged KW before I saw he had posted on your guys thread. Haha. No wonder we haven't heard from him. Good luck boys.

Gamertag: Nm8boss86

Past Crews:0

Have Flight Experience? In or out of games?: I have flight hours outside of GTA in a single engine 180 Cesna. When in the game im hardly ever on the ground. I can fly whatever, whenever, however you'd like for me to. First thing I did yesterday was complete the flight school, again! I would love to fly with u guys! Please consider a true pilot inside and outside of the game!

• Like 2

Gamertag: Nm8boss86

Past Crews:0

Have Flight Experience? In or out of games?: I have flight hours outside of GTA in a single engine 180 Cesna. When in the game im hardly ever on the ground. I can fly whatever, whenever, however you'd like for me to. First thing I did yesterday was complete the flight school, again! I would love to fly with u guys! Please consider a true pilot inside and outside of the game!

Gamertag not found?

Send me a message. My gamertag is "zV Tempest Vz."

Edited by zVI Jackal IVz

I added all of u guys. Still no r3sponse...

Give us a second to check this out.

Okay... I am not kidding in the least. I don't see any friend request at all. We have all scrolled through our followers looking for a "Nm8boss86" but we don't see you.

Can you send me a message on xbox? My gamertag is "zV Tempest Vz." I can also be contacted on kik with the username "zV_Tempest_Vz."

Want To Become Allies With My Military Crew?

If Yes Add Me On Xbox Or Facebook But I Don't Have Internet To Use But I Can Check On Smartglass To Accept You Friend Request And The Same With Facebook Here Are My Social Medias -

Facebook - Evander Modz

Xbox - TGXD Evander

Email - [email protected]

Or Visit My Crew Website (www.tgxdcrew.wix.com/tgxdcorporation) And Go On The Enrollment Page I Know You Don't Want To Join But You Want To Become Allies State That In The Box Where It Says Why do You Want To Join And Say I Want To Become Allies. Thanks For Taking The Time Reading This And Hope To Talk To You Soon Peace ! TGXD Evander :)

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.. still keeping an eye out for potential cadets. Skilled players/pilots are by no means easy to stumble upon.

XxSoLiDSnAkEOxX

If you're an excellent pilot I seriously recommend these guys some of their maneuvers and skills are unbelievable.

Im lookin to join a jet griefing crew, lol.

We aren't that simple buddy haha.^

The topic says recuiting fighter pilots. Can i apply or something? Im intrigued. By the OP. Nicely done. Edited by WasHanin

The topic says recuiting fighter pilots. Can i apply or something? Im intrigued. By the OP. Nicely done.

By not that simple he means there's a lot more to this crew then just flying your jet around. Like.. a lot more. These guys are as close to the real thing as it gets.

The topic says recuiting fighter pilots. Can i apply or something? Im intrigued. By the OP. Nicely done.

I won't be able to do anything for you until later on tonight. The best thing you can do at this time is contact my second/third of command via kik or xbox live in the meantime.

Their contact information has been posted on the OP.