3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Death Matches: owned weapons vs forced+pickups

darkgreenmeme

darkgreenmeme

Personally, I have a strong dislike for owned weapons death matches. It really makes no sense to me to be up against a player who is willing to unload with $30K worth of explosives to win maybe $10K.

• Like 1

hornedturtle

And starting out with only 2 clips in a pistol sucks aswell. Although i prefer pickup only, weapon positioning generally sucks.

Edited by hornedturtle
  • Like 1

darkgreenmeme

To me, there's nothing more satisfying than killing a player that wasted his limited resources of bullets, allowing you to kill 'em while they point an empty gun at you.

I prefer owned and pickups myself as I can then use the weapons I'm most comfortable with and I don't have to worry about running out of ammo. From the other two options I prefer forced only to forced and pickups as I think it is more balanced.

GoodTimesAhead

these guyz that host these are already rich$. they just want mad kills for their k.d.

mon/tue maintenance for online will prolly wipe these out.

darkgreenmeme

owned of course. nothing is more better than blowing a camper up in the sky

Any good death match is gonna have explosives available for such situations. When I design deathmatches, I like to put red gas cylinders or Jerry cans near the camping spots.

Edited by darkgreenmeme

MichaelDeClinton

It's senseless to have owend weapons in a Deathmatch because the goal is to get to the weapons, otherwise it's a useless deathmatch.

BlackHeartedGovernor

The only thing about Forced Only is that it turns maps into total camp fests, I try to refrain from usin' explosives in Owned + Pickups but if you camp for too long or constantly camp you're gettin' blown up

• Like 1

I'm down with any kind of deathmatch as long as it's not one of those 'hack lobby 90000000rp $900000000' or those 'parkour' bullsh*t ones. which seem to be 90% of hosted deathmatches these days.

I prefer owned + pickups, but like the governor said though, I will refrain from using explosives until it goes from a deathmatch to a camp out.

Also kinda off subject but, What's the deal with the abuse of 'reveal all players' and the spamming of RPG's.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of people having modded combat rolls in DM's and in Freeroam? I played a forced + pickups DM the other day where the only weapon was a carbine rifle, It was a 3 on 3 DM and everyone on the enemy team had modded combat rolls in a close quarters combat DM with almost no cover. What's the deal with that?

BlackHeartedGovernor

I'm down with any kind of deathmatch as long as it's not one of those 'hack lobby 90000000rp $900000000' or those 'parkour' bullsh*t ones. which seem to be 90% of hosted deathmatches these days.

I prefer owned + pickups, but like the governor said though, I will refrain from using explosives until it goes from a deathmatch to a camp out.

Also kinda off subject but, What's the deal with the abuse of 'reveal all players' and the spamming of RPG's.

Has anyone else noticed a lot of people having modded combat rolls in DM's and in Freeroam? I played a forced + pickups DM the other day where the only weapon was a carbine rifle, It was a 3 on 3 DM and everyone on the enemy team had modded combat rolls in a close quarters combat DM with almost no cover. What's the deal with that?

Yeah, modded rolls are very common nowadays, I got one of the b*stards on tape: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI00JpSgOjk

Lol some players make me laugh , moaning about "campers" , playing deathmatches requires skill at numerous tactics , and sometimes A stealth approach or camping is what is required , the reason some people don't like it is because they are only any good when the other players are charging around runnin n gunnin

darkgreenmeme

Kill a revealed player is a common daily objective. It's easiest to do it in a death match.

Kill a revealed player is a common daily objective. It's easiest to do it in a death match.

I said abuse of 'reveal all players'

So it must be a daily objective to spam 'reveal all players' every 30 seconds.

Edited by chef_archie
  • Like 1

darkgreenmeme

It could be they don't get a kill in the first minute. It is smarter and cheaper than spamming with $500 a round RPGs.

i would think forced plus pickups would dissuade camping simply because you have to eventually move get more bullets/guns.

With owned weapons you can camp to ur hearts desire cause you have basically unlimited firepower

• Like 1

The Lone Wanderer

BOTH ARE sh*t

Michael bay film vs carbine treasure hunt is what it comes down to

you expect me to use a f*cking pistol for f*ck sake just f*ck off and die in a hole

forced should give a carbine with max ammo and bullsh*t like reveal players should go

last time I played a dm it was simply people spending sh*tloads of cash just to win, rpg rpg hl hl hl reveal repeat 300 stickys made launcher spam nade nade nade rpg proxy mine nade nade sticky hl

Edited by The Lone Wanderer

Owned weapons so everyone gets weapons. With forced+pickups most players have to play with pistols only when 1-2 players takes all riffles. Also minimap is so unclear that its sometime hard to see where weapons are located.

People abused it long before there were daily objectives.

DentureDynamite
To me, there's nothing more satisfying than killing a player that wasted his limited resources of bullets, allowing you to kill 'em while they point an empty gun at you.

You count his bullets? Really? lol

No, but you'd better believe I'll keep doing it until I get that objective. :) Just let me kill you, and then leave at the end of the round; it's easier. lol

Lord_Smasherton

Personally, I have a strong dislike for owned weapons death matches. It really makes no sense to me to be up against a player who is willing to unload with $30K worth of explosives to win maybe $10K.

I like both. They both present different challenges and require different strategies.

But I'm a DM junkie, so I'll take any non-trap match.

Although I f*cking hate owned on Mansion. f*cking waste.

Also, re: reveal all players abuse, I will spam that sh*t if it's a 2-1 situation, regardless of what side I'm on.

When I make DM and LTS maps, I set them to Forced + Pickups, but usually start people off with an AP pistol or SMG just so it's not too much of a jump from the weapon selection people are used to in Freeroam.

I like to position big weapons in open areas where people have to break cover - playing on the 'risk and reward' concept. You want the RPG or Chaingun? There it is, but you're gonna have to make a mad dash for it.

I also make my TDM and LTS maps symmetrical in terms of weapon placement so it's more balanced... and I do have a habit of putting explosive tanks near sniper spots so there's no safe place to camp and snipe from afar. I'm sure I've p*ssed a lot of players off with that one on Bowl Brawl LTS :D