Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,055 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
GTAGuy1995

Firefighter Missions in Shoreside Vale

Question

GTAGuy1995

Hey, I thought I'd write a topic to ask for some help but since a couple of days, I have been struggling through the firefighter missions in Shoreside. I was able to do 20 fires in a row in Portland and Staunton but on Shoreside, I can't do even 10 in a row! The vehicles spawn too far away and to me seems impossible to get there in time because game gives you only about 40-50 seconds. Sometimes you have to make jumps and hope that the vehicle doesn't flip over (I actually had the luck to make the jump most of time from airport to Witchita Gardens and extinguish the vehicle here) but unfortunately, the game decides after that to spawn the vehicle back at airport with only about 30 seconds left, so there is no time to get there back. Other times I failed the mission (it literary happened about 5 times) just because of a f*cking second "You are too late!" bullsh*t. It's not my fault the game gives me very tight time to make it here. And on other failed attempts, I was able to get 9 fires in a row twice but the 10th vehicle spawned so far away and had no time to reach here, plus the second time I had 9 fires, I took the wrong road and when I reached here, I realized it's on the other road. And just 2 days ago I had 8 fires in a row extinguished but then the vehicle spawned somewhere far away I couldn't see it.

So I thought I'd ask for some advice here because the mission is so frustrating and it's driving me mad, impeding my progress and preventing me to reach 100%.

To recap, I want to do 10 fires in a row at least and without using the F1 replay trick to extinguish fires, I want to do the mission legit. I extinguished the fires myself in Portland and Staunton, but I just can't do here in Shoreside. By comparison, it makes Paramedic mission look like a walk in the park and you know that says a lot!

7 answers to this question

GTAGuy1995

Good news everyone! I finally managed to extinguish all 20 fires in a row without using the F1 trick! Somehow I got lucky enough but I did on first try today! Screenshot for proof:

j9ssw9.jpg

It seems to be all about luck.

Dealux

Why bother though? You can do as many as you like per attempt and the game doesn't add anything to the missions attempted stat.

I don't know about any advice. You just have to be lucky in order to gain enough time with each fire. I had the same problem with "Vigilante" and only once was I able to do all 20 kills in one go. "Firefighter" is probably doable in one go as well but it's mostly a matter of luck.

GTAGuy1995

I already know that the mission doesn't add attempts but I'm bothering because there have been people who succeeded doing 10 or 20 fires in a row without F1 replay glitch, look here if you don't believe me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPzuhLlwf_c

I know that I have to get lucky but it pisses me off that I don't get lucky enough to reach 10th fire in a row. Sometimes I even have problems with the first few fires. Only times I get lucky is when the vehicles spawn closer to each other (example in Pike Creek), but even then the problem is time because even if you manage to arrive in time, the next vehicle spawns at a very far location with about 1 minute left and you don't accumulate enough time from the previous fires if you get just 20-30 seconds per each vehicle. Since I have managed to pull 9 fires in a row, I really don't see a problem with trying to get 10 fires as I was extremely close, only if I had gotten a bit more lucky with the vehicle spawned. I will see if I can manage to do the mission today because yesterday I was already frustrated from real life problems that I didn't need to make it worse with the anger from the firefighter missions. :/

As for Vigilante, I managed on Portland to do 20 in a row and on Staunton I did 2 times with 10 kills in a row because 20 would be too much in a row. I plan to do same for Shoreside, like I'm trying now with firefighter (2 times, each with 10 in a row).

Lethal Vaccine

Why bother though? You can do as many as you like per attempt and the game doesn't add anything to the missions attempted stat.

I don't know about any advice. You just have to be lucky in order to gain enough time with each fire. I had the same problem with "Vigilante" and only once was I able to do all 20 kills in one go. "Firefighter" is probably doable in one go as well but it's mostly a matter of luck.

He is OCD about Stats and the Money :p I also like clean Stats, but when it comes to things like this, and in regards to SSV, like I told him in PM, I always just spam the R3 Button until they spawn near by and then put out the fires. However, I did in fact get 12 in a row on my iOS Save, but then to finish the other 8, I sometimes did 1, then 3, then back to 1, etc. It just depends. The roads in SSV are just chaotic and no time to get to the other side, unless you use the Stunt Jump of the broken bridge and or the underground tunnels, but those are so congested and don't seem to work all the great. To get 20 in a row, you have to be straight up lucky. No skill, really, just lucky and getting that specific luck in SSV is like a 1% chance, lol :p

Edited by Militia

GTAGuy1995

Yeah I've been very unlucky with the spawning, sometimes vehicles spawn too far away and run out of time (90% of times), other times I flip my vehicle over when taking jumps from one point to another and so on. It's like RNG works AGAINST me. And yes I have to get straight lucky to get 20 in a row but I'm trying to do 10 only and I can't even do 5 anymore. I mean seriously, it's like the game doesn't want me anymore to do the fires. I'm tired of having to load game, steal a random car, steal the parked banshee, go to the airport, get the firetruck, activate mission and so on. I am wasting time doing this when I should have done other missions. I don't want to give up, especially since I'm so close to the end of game but I'm still stuck at 87% completion because of this f*cking mission.

Lethal Vaccine

That is you battling your OCD, though. Nobody is making you do such a thing. It's you who wants to do it this way for the money bonus when hitting 10 and/or 20. I never cared for money as 8 Million is enough. However, if you're playing PC, your money has 9 digits, so it can go to 999,999,999, mine only has 8 digits, even on iOS, so I can only get to 99,999,999. There is tons of other ways to make a lot of money and get the money cap if you want that. It doesn't have to be done with the Fire Truck Side Mission lol

I heard though that you can even go beyond 999,999,999 on PC or some Editions or something. You can get the GTA V Money cap of 2.1 Billion. fnxrak did it, LOL

Edited by Militia

GTAGuy1995

Alright Militia, tomorrow I will try the mission ONE more time, I promise, ONE more time. Regardless of the result, the type of fail and the score, I will stop wasting my time and also give up on the perfect stats. I tried more than enough and had enough with this unlucky RNG sh*t. I will just probably use the F1 trick to get 20 in a row because even if I will do just 5 fires normally without the trick (and IF I can do because it seems like in last attempts I could only do 2-3 at max) it will still take a long time to do it. So yeah, I basically give up. I draw the line right here. It's over.

I only wanted a fixed amount of money but don't worry, I never said I would go for 999,999,999 as it would take too much time to do it. The limit seems to also be 99,999,999 displayed at beginning but once you reach that amount, it seems to add one more digit, thus allowing you do get 999,999,999. And yeah you can get more than that amount too but then it will glitch the game and give you negative money. All I want is to complete the game right now, in the next days we will see how to perfect stats and if I will upload the 100% save because since you removed the topics, I started to lose interest in hosting my save. Most people probably don't even care about my save because after all, it's nothing special. It's just a plain 100% save file. :p

Edited by GTAGuy1995