3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Aqua97

The railway discussion topic

Nico

You guys ever heard of those Garden Railways?

Here in Buenos Aires there's a guy who owns a garden model train. I saw it a couple of times in exhibitions, it's a very detailed model (especially the loco's cabin).

Excuse the video quality, it's 8 years old.

Touge Spirit Leader

An old video of my layout. It has since been expanded and updated but this video shows two of my favorite locomotives. I model only New York Central as of right now but I'm more than satisfied.

The black locomotive is a Lionel Scale NYC L2a Mohawk with RailSounds 5, it was in the 2005 Vol 2 catalog I think. It's pulling a mixed freight of various cars that have been given to me over the years or that I've picked up from hobby shops in my years of collecting.

The silver and black locomotive is a Lionel Scale NYC Dreyfuss Hudson pulling the "Empire State Express." This locomotive also has RailSounds 5 but was only offered through Lionel's "Century Club 2" special edition series. The passenger cars are also part of this series and includes a "StationSounds Diner" which plays folksy train announcements when commanded and also plays the clickety clack of train cars as it is pulled along. The black tender was also a special production item and was available for the locomotive as a separate purchase item. The cataloged locomotive comes with the original streamlined tender.

I also have a full scale 20th Century Limited consist and matching Dreyfuss Hudson. That locomotive was built in the early 2000's and is not as smooth a runner as my other locomotives and doesn't have quite the same sound packages with the in-depth crew talk. In addition the matching passenger cars are only 15 inches as opposed to the 18 inch cars on the Empire State Express, although it does have a StationSounds Diner of its own. Either way it's beauty is unmatched.

I run only Lionel equipment and control my layout with the original TrainMaster Command Control as none of my stuff is new enough to justify purchasing a legacy system. I'll post more videos/pictures soon documenting everything I own.

Edited by Touge Spirit Leader

Blaze

nearly got murked by a train (on multiple occasions) 125hsts are no joke stay safe boys

gtamann123

Anyone know of older Matchbox cars are a good fit for an HO scale layout? I've heard somenpeople tell me that the Matchbox cars from the pre 90s were in HO scale. But I also heard that the HO scale used for matchbox cars is the slotcar HO which is closer to 1/64 scale and not the 1/87 scale that's the train HO

Straypuft

Anyone know of older Matchbox cars are a good fit for an HO scale layout? I've heard somenpeople tell me that the Matchbox cars from the pre 90s were in HO scale. But I also heard that the HO scale used for matchbox cars is the slotcar HO which is closer to 1/64 scale and not the 1/87 scale that's the train HO

I had matchbox cars in the 90's, and a few in the 00's.

A police car(Matchbox) should not be the exact size as a fire truck(Boley) in 1:87 scale

Captain Railfan

Hello everyone. Heres photo of one freight train photographed by me {excuse for bad image, i did not knew it it will come so i can get my camera}

Freight train from Hungary has been pulled by Croatian electric locomotive 1141 {Nicknamed:ASEA}

gnlFPMk.jpg

AmG76EK.jpg

It has Croatian Military vehicles on it.

Ask any questions or if you want more models or photo by me just ask but remember i love olny Freight trains.

Some my H0 Scale models trains, i have 20 wagons, i dont have locomotive yet. {except for Mehano diesel one which dosent work}

Austrian manufacturer Roco 57249 {HZ CARGO} they are very useable wagons in Croatia :santa:

G8nuPs1.jpg

Wagon series Rils-z is a four-axle flat-wagon is equipped with a tiled roof tile. The roof is a unique unit with wagon sides made of a ceramic carriage that is guided by the wheels along the wagon along the wagon. The article is protected from moisture and moves through the joining rings mounted on the floor.

UOf6iAP.jpg

Author unknow becouse of Photobuckets paying host.... :v:

Spanish train models manufacturers Electrotrens DB - Transwaggon Habis boxcar. I never see those ones in my country

8F2y1Wt.jpg

y2kkIMP.jpg

Doors are openable on that wagons which i like it! :lol:

Roco 67222 D-Ermewa Zacens wagon.

ypeXbvd.jpg

Details:

G3sPtmh.jpg

Edited by AlbanyEsperanto

Nico

Totally forgot about this topic, lol.

My enthusiasm on trains has kinda faded away with the years. I was part of an old model train club founded many years ago, but the owners had disputes with some former members who apparently had connections. The club was attacked with fire several times, and the last one in 2013 was pretty much the definitive decease of the organization. Since then I try to attend at least one exhibition a year with a friend I've made in the club, and that's pretty much it. I don't have a big train collection, just some basic stuff from both DC (products from Brazilian brand Frateschi) and AC (Märklin). And behind my computer furniture lies a big piece of wood that used to be the base of my very poor, first -and only- attempt at a model railway, when I was little.

From time to time I visit RailPictures.net, and play Transport Fever. Those are pretty much the only train related activites I still do on a regular basis.

Captain Railfan

I just found it yesterday. I'm glad we have our railfan corner.

If you like i can post my other H0 rolling stock/wagons, they are interesing.

Captain Railfan

Some other models by me

Shimmns Steel coil wagons, same and similar of them are owned by US Steel Kosice in Slovakia

7w7mCi4.jpg

ErXUL3V.jpg

One of most wanted Rocos model are Tds wagons for cereal transport.

Tds, operation railway:Deutsche Reichebahn

lzxBrLR.jpg

Ta1OKVG.jpg

aS40uFI.jpg

Edited by AlbanyEsperanto

universetwisters

...but the owners had disputes with some former members who apparently had connections. The club was attacked with fire several times...

Hahahaha what the f*ck? Is this model train club a front for the mob?

Also OT - I have a bunch of plywood left over from Hurricane Matthew so I might fix it up a bit and finally make a table for some train layout. Nothing too fancy though, just something neat and simple.

Touge Spirit Leader
Posted (edited)

Expanded the layout, new video!

Edited by Touge Spirit Leader