Quantcast
Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!

    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

      1. Gameplay
      2. Missions
      3. Help & Support
    2. Red Dead Online

      1. Gameplay
      2. Find Lobbies & Outlaws
      3. Help & Support
    1. Crews & Posses

      1. Recruitment
    2. Events

    1. GTA Online

      1. Arena War
      2. After Hours
      3. Find Lobbies & Players
      4. Guides & Strategies
      5. Vehicles
      6. Content Creator
      7. Help & Support
    2. Grand Theft Auto Series

    3. GTA Next

    4. GTA V

      1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    5. GTA IV

      1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    6. GTA Chinatown Wars

    7. GTA Vice City Stories

    8. GTA Liberty City Stories

    9. GTA San Andreas

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA Vice City

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. GTA III

      1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    12. Top Down Games

      1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    13. Wiki

      1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

      1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

      1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

      1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption

    2. Rockstar Games

    1. Off-Topic

      1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

      1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

    2. Forum Support

    3. Site Suggestions

The Hero

Skin and Bones

Recommended Posts

The Hero

I don't know. maybe you didn't install it right? Somebody else should try to reproduce this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
Just now, The Hero said:

I don't know. maybe you didn't install it right? Somebody else should try to reproduce this.

So, what you're saying is: you don't get this problem, and neither anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThirteenAG

He's saying you should provide a modloader log and a crash dump at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
4 minutes ago, ThirteenAG said:

He's saying you should provide a modloader log and a crash dump at least.

Modloader doesn't seem to work well. It doesn't load the hand animation files at all. But, ok

 

Spoiler

Game version: GTA III 1.0 UNK_REGION
Unhandled exception at 0x005A3BC2 in gta3.exe (+0x1a3bc2): 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000000.
    Register dump:
        EAX: 0x00000003  EBX: 0x09D550F4  ECX: 0x00000003  EDX: 0x00020094  
        EDI: 0x00000000  ESI: 0x1230E894  EBP: 0x00000003  EIP: 0x005A3BC2  
        ESP: 0x0019F118  EFL: 0x00210206  CS: 0x00000023   SS: 0x0000002B   
        GS: 0x0000002B   FS: 0x00000053   ES: 0x0000002B   DS: 0x0000002B   
        
    Stack dump:
        0x0019F118:  00000001 17A3124C 00000000 00000000 09D550F4 0019F178
        0x0019F130:  005BDD4B 09D550F4 00000000 00000003 0001E03C 09CC4CB4
        0x0019F148:  17A21504 02661B90 430DCCCD 443436DC 004A4C12 00000000
        0x0019F160:  00000100 00000000 02000200 01040A10 00000020 006EDBE0
        0x0019F178:  00000003 006EDBE0 40490FDA F0210D94 0019F158 0019F740
        0x0019F190:  00033002 0002005C 00000008 00001102 6C727563 38323179
        0x0019F1A8:  0000325F 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0019F1C0:  00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0019F1D8:  00000000 00000000 00000300 09C386F2 00000006 005084C9
        0x0019F1F0:  63E5B500 0019007F 63E5510A 448B11EE 09B3E1B8 09B3E190
        base: 0x000A0000   top: 0x0019F118   bottom: 0x001A0000
        
    Backtrace (may be wrong):
        =>0x005A3BC2 in gta3.exe (+0x1a3bc2) (0x0019F12C) 
          0x005BDD4B in gta3.exe (+0x1bdd4b) (0x0019F1E8) 
          0x005084C9 in gta3.exe (+0x1084c9) (0x0019F1F4) 
          0x63E5510A OpenAdapter+0x79ca in atiumdag.dll (+0x1510a) (0x0019F230) 
          0x63E54D8A OpenAdapter+0x764a in atiumdag.dll (+0x14d8a) (0x0019F23C) 
          0x63E636C7 OpenAdapter+0x15f87 in atiumdag.dll (+0x236c7) (0x0019F2B0) 
          0x76646B07 GetWindowRect+0xcd7 in USER32.dll (+0x36b07) 

 

Here it is

Edited by xxnooblyxx(temp ban)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ThirteenAG

You still can use mods normally with it, but you will have a log file in case of a crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)

Especially, cutscenehands.xml '

at least, that what it seems like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Hero

Hm, i'm not convinced that stacktrace is correct. If it is it seems to crash in a function reading a texture from a txd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
7 hours ago, The Hero said:

Hm, i'm not convinced that stacktrace is correct. If it is it seems to crash in a function reading a texture from a txd.

Modloader is suppose to load any file, right? If so, then that can't be correct, it definitely only loads files it normally supports.

I will be running another test. 

 

 

Alright, so after the test with all the files in a folder placed in Modloader. It still crashed. The hand animations also failed to play, which may mean that modloader can't load those animation files. (except for ped.ifp, of course)

here is the crash log:

Spoiler

Game version: GTA III 1.0 UNK_REGION
Unhandled exception at 0x005A3BC2 in gta3.exe (+0x1a3bc2): 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000000.
    Register dump:
        EAX: 0x00000003  EBX: 0x09A597FC  ECX: 0x00000003  EDX: 0x00020094  
        EDI: 0x00000000  ESI: 0x12589894  EBP: 0x00000003  EIP: 0x005A3BC2  
        ESP: 0x0019F118  EFL: 0x00210206  CS: 0x00000023   SS: 0x0000002B   
        GS: 0x0000002B   FS: 0x00000053   ES: 0x0000002B   DS: 0x0000002B   
        
    Stack dump:
        0x0019F118:  00000001 196F68A0 00000000 00000000 09A597FC 0019F178
        0x0019F130:  005BDD4B 09A597FC 00000000 00000003 0001E03C 099C60CC
        0x0019F148:  17E4533C 02741B90 430DCCCD 443436DC 004A4C12 00000000
        0x0019F160:  00000100 00000000 02000200 01040A10 00000020 006EDBE0
        0x0019F178:  00000003 006EDBE0 40490FDA A986D32B 0019F158 0019F740
        0x0019F190:  00033002 0002005C 00000008 00001102 6C727563 38323179
        0x0019F1A8:  0000325F 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0019F1C0:  00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
        0x0019F1D8:  00000000 00000000 00000300 0993590A 00000006 005084C9
        0x0019F1F0:  05177000 0019007F 63DC510A 448B11EE 0A2B211C 0A2B20F4
        base: 0x000A0000   top: 0x0019F118   bottom: 0x001A0000
        
    Backtrace (may be wrong):
        =>0x005A3BC2 in gta3.exe (+0x1a3bc2) (0x0019F12C) 
          0x005BDD4B in gta3.exe (+0x1bdd4b) (0x0019F1E8) 
          0x005084C9 in gta3.exe (+0x1084c9) (0x0019F1F4) 
          0x63DC510A OpenAdapter+0x79ca in atiumdag.dll (+0x1510a) (0x0019F230) 
          0x63DC4D8A OpenAdapter+0x764a in atiumdag.dll (+0x14d8a) (0x0019F23C) 
          0x63DD36C7 OpenAdapter+0x15f87 in atiumdag.dll (+0x236c7) (0x0019F2B0) 
          0x76646B07 GetWindowRect+0xcd7 in USER32.dll (+0x36b07)

woah, wtf? it's identical? 

I edited some textures, so it won't be flipped. Could that have affected it?

 

 

 

I just fixed it. Apparently, it didn't like that I edited Curly's head textures to be in it's correct angle. 

Edited by xxnooblyxx(temp ban)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)

(double post sorry) Claude's cutscene head is wrong, it's using the original model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RegistaG

only happens to maria's model in the last mission 

SlrkwVp.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
1 hour ago, RegistaG said:

only happens to maria's model in the last mission 

 

Spoiler

SlrkwVp.jpg

 

Use a TXD editor (use TXDWorkshop in this case) and open maria.TXD. select the head texture and click "flip" then save the .TXD. and the issue should be fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RegistaG
15 minutes ago, xxnooblyxx(temp ban) said:

Use a TXD editor (use TXDWorkshop in this case) and open maria.TXD. select the head texture and click "flip" then save the .TXD. and the issue should be fixed.

thanks man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrien48cb

I have a major request about this mod: can you convert the original Player.dff/txd to be used with skin and bones?

 

That's because i hate Claude's new model, and my skins (bmp files) are uncompatible with the new model. And i'm not a skin editor.

 

Please, if possible.

 

About the PlayerX.dff/txd, it's not needed, for me.

Edited by adrien48cb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
1 hour ago, adrien48cb said:

I have a major request about this mod: can you convert the original Player.dff/txd to be used with skin and bones?

 

That's because i hate Claude's new model, and my skins (bmp files) are uncompatible with the new model. And i'm not a skin editor.

 

Please, if possible.

 

About the PlayerX.dff/txd, it's not needed, for me.

What is it that you don't like about the model? This model is mean't for the plugin and is directly converted from the XBOX version.

Edited by xxnooblyxx(temp ban)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrien48cb
1 hour ago, xxnooblyxx(temp ban) said:

What is it that you don't like about the model? This model is mean't for the plugin and is directly converted from the XBOX version.

I mean this: i hate claude's whole new model (personal opinion)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
2 minutes ago, adrien48cb said:

I mean this: i hate claude's whole new model (personal opinion)

Well, all you can do right now is use his original model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
adrien48cb

I was requesting to add skeletal animations for the original player.dff/txd

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zerosaber75

I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but it seems like the regular pedestrians in III are lower poly compared like their PS2 versions to the main character ped models from the flipped peds pack (e.g. hands looking very blocky instead of detailed in the screenshot below). Oddly enough, despite the readme saying that limbs can't be detached at the moment, decapitations are still possible with headshots.

 

skXtWVY.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gts.
53 minutes ago, zerosaber75 said:

I'm not sure if I did something wrong, but it seems like the regular pedestrians in III are lower poly compared like their PS2 versions to the main character ped models from the flipped peds pack (e.g. hands looking very blocky instead of detailed in the screenshot below). Oddly enough, despite the readme saying that limbs can't be detached at the moment, decapitations are still possible with headshots.

Pedestrians are like that in OG Xbox as well, not detailed hands as player model has. About the headshots, I think aren't tied to NastyLimbs function, that's why those still working. I can't remember if on OG Xbox headshots works as in Vice City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gangsta63

Messed up head

 

After installing Skin and Bones the head is messed up only in cut-scenes. How can i fix that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
21 minutes ago, gangsta63 said:

Messed up head

 

After installing Skin and Bones the head is messed up only in cut-scenes. How can i fix that?

You need to select the HD xbox skin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gangsta63
9 minutes ago, xxnooblyxx(temp ban) said:

You need to select the HD xbox skin

Still the same in cut-scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gangsta63

Oh my god. Is this a joke? The main mod is lacking the main files 😂

Trying to make it work for days only to understand now this mod doesnt work without flipped_peds.zip file. I accidentally tried it. I was thinking it some optional file.

Man you have done a great job on this mod but why in heaven's sake you release the mod without its main files! 🤯 Its not working properly without that extra file and its name is not Skin and Bones just like some random filename. Oh god...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, gangsta63 said:

Oh my god. Is this a joke? The main mod is lacking the main files 😂

Trying to make it work for days only to understand now this mod doesnt work without flipped_peds.zip file. I accidentally tried it. I was thinking it some optional file.

Man you have done a great job on this mod but why in heaven's sake you release the mod without its main files! 🤯 Its not working properly without that extra file and its name is not Skin and Bones just like some random filename. Oh god...

Dude, just put the flipped_peds folder in modloader (if you have modloader and remember to extract them). and then put the anim and data folder to the main GTA III folder and III_anim.dll (rename the format to ASI if you need to) and put that in the scripts folder. THERE!

Edited by xxnooblyxx(temp ban)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gangsta63
3 minutes ago, xxnooblyxx(temp ban) said:

Dude, just put the flipped_peds folder in modloader (if you have modloader and remember to extract them). and then put the anim and data folder to the main GTA III folder and III_anim.dll (rename the format to ASI if you need to) and put that in the scripts folder. THERE!

Already done that.And its working now as i said in my previous post. If i only knew we need another files to make this mod work...

I downloaded skin&bones.zip and was working with it for 1 week. Trying to make it work. It seems it was only a part of the mod not the mod. Why you name it skin&bones then? Just rename it skin&bones_PART1. So we knew we will need other files too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xxnooblyxx(temp ban)
7 minutes ago, gangsta63 said:

Already done that.And its working now as i said in my previous post. If i only knew we need another files to make this mod work...

I downloaded skin&bones.zip and was working with it for 1 week. Trying to make it work. It seems it was only a part of the mod not the mod. Why you name it skin&bones then? Just rename it skin&bones_PART1. So we knew we will need other files too.

Yea, sorry, I misread it. I get what you're saying. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
zerosaber75
Posted (edited)

Has anyone noticed some model oddity with Miguel's eyes/head during the Curly Bob scene? I using SkyGfx with MSAA from Widescreen Fix and with the frame-rate limiter enabled, but I don't think the AA would cause that. I also tried the fix someone suggested about the upside down texture for Maria and CurlyBob's heads, while it makes it flipped in the proper position, I kept getting a crash when the game was trying to load Curly's model for the mission, so I had to dump it with Magic.TXD then flip it with another image editing program and pack it in the correct position that way. I'm also not sure why the Worker 1 ped has his face so dark in certain angles, I'm guessing it was like that in the original Xbox version but it seems kinda out of place.

 

quick edit: I forgot to mention in the opening scene for 'The Last Request', it seems like Claude's left hand is somewhat higher than it should be where his wrist is and it looks like his left hand is floating above his jack sleeve/wrist.

Edited by zerosaber75
Forgot to mention another issue with the mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • 3 Users Currently Viewing
    1 member, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests

    • zerosaber75
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.