4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

A Rockstar forum section?

Aqua97

Rockstar fourms section  

35 members have voted

1. 1. A Rockstar forums section on GTA Forums?

Hello, I made thread here about a red dead forum section a while back and Andreas posted:

"What would be even better than a Red Dead section, is a Rockstar section as has been pointed out already. That way, discussions wouldn't be limited to the Red Dead series. Many GTA fans happen to be Rockstar fans also, and I'm sure plenty of members on this forum would discuss Max Payne, Midnight Club, Bully, and obviously Red Dead more in-depth, if there were a section dedicated to them."

I think this is a very good idea. What are your thoughts on this? :)

Edited by Aqua97

universetwisters

There aren't really enough rockstar games to warrant a discussion outside of their own threads in the gaming section or their individual forums, imo. If you want to talk in depth about Red Dead or Manhunt, whatever, just go to a forum dedicated to it. You don't see people on Bully forums talking about GTA at the extent to where they need their own section.

As of now, I don't think it'd be a good idea. Maybe when another Rockstar game releases, then they could open a small section for it.

VWSTp.png

Wouldn't mind it, but there isn't much interest in it, there's few activity on other game's threads.

My biggest concern regarding a 'Rockstar Forum' is that before long new members will be confused, assume that it is a channel directly to Rockstar and use it as a place to ask things that only Rockstar know; use it to attempt to seek resolution over matters that only Rockstar can control (eg unbanning, ticket chasing and issue reporting) and vent frustration over perceived Rockstar gameplay issues.

If we wish to discuss non GTA Rockstar games, our existing Off Topic Gameplay Forum is the perfect place for it.

This is a forum about a game series, not it's developers.

Edited by J Cobra

We should implement it once Agent is made.

• Like 2

JOEsAGGRESSIVE

assume

You can't assume anything because it makes an ass- out of -u- and -me.

I really don't think new members being unfamiliar with how forums work is the issue. The issue is that there will need to either be new staff to police this area or some will have to pull double duty. And being a lead-by you probably feel you may get shafted(which is understandable).

Seriously, if its a matter of new members not knowing what to do then maybe some suggestions need to come forth to rectify that... Like maybe there would be a little message pop up for anyone who wants to post a comment/topic that this isn't a direct line to rockstar blah blah blah(but make it sound super professional). Kinda like how when you have been given a warning and you want to make a comment or topic you must acknowledge the warning before you can post. There must be a way to have something like that but just for that area and after people acknowledge it you being staff should not be very lenient. I feel that this section should be maintained regularly. Just so people realize that there are severe punitive actions for anything.(mod it with a fine-toothed-comb)

The fact of the matter is that this is a forum that wants to grow and promote discussions. The fact that its called 'gtaforums.com' is incidental because there is a wide variety of things discussed here. Granted the main focal point is GTA but I still feel like this would be a great addition because it will definitely bring more people and more discussions you can sink you teeth into.

I'm not saying it will all be peaches and cream but with the help of this great staff I have full faith that y'all could make this work without a hitch.

PS I think its funny that the same person liked @Andreas' original post and liked @~Tiger~'s.

XDxges9.jpg

I'm trying to be better.

f*ck this took me forever to write on my f*cking phone...

PPS

I have a suggestion, when someone uses a derogatory term or cusses would it be possible to turn that word into something funny instead of the stupid asterisk?(i.e. f*ck could be stinky or sh*t could be Louisiana) It's something to think about i guess. Pip pip cheerio!!

It's still a good idea, yes. Interest wise, it may not be worth it until Rockstar actually announce a new game but as they say... build it and they will come.

My biggest concern regarding a 'Rockstar Forum' is that before long new members will be confused, assume that it is a channel directly to Rockstar and use it as a place to ask things that only Rockstar know; use it to attempt to seek resolution over matters that only Rockstar can control (eg unbanning, ticket chasing and issue reporting) and vent frustration over perceived Rockstar gameplay issues.

If we wish to discuss non GTA Rockstar games, our existing Off Topic Gameplay Forum is the perfect place for it.

Why is this a concern?

It goes without saying that such a forum should be named something sane.

• Like 1

Separate section solely for Rockstar Games titles, hmm that could work. Certainly be interesting after the announcement of a new Red Dead, Bully or whatever Rockstar Games Game comes next.

• Like 2

– overeducated wonk who fetishises compromise

assume

You can't assume anything because it makes an ass- out of -u- and -me.

Yes, that decades old analogy only works when you are addressing the person making the assumption, not when you quote a single word out of context. As I was not the one making the hypothetical assumption you only succeed in making yourself look foolish.

The issue is that there will need to either be new staff to police this area or some will have to pull double duty. And being a lead-by you probably feel you may get shafted(which is understandable).

Not at all, and in this case it is you making the assumption by the erroneous deduction that I have staffing concerns. We have ample staff thank you and my concerns are solely confined to the benefits of present and future members.

• Like 3

No offence, Anger Personified, but sometimes it's better to just stay quiet, particularly considering certain bits of your post. Maybe it's better not to go in detail further, yeah?

Anyway, I'm still of the opinion that a Rockstar section could actually work out well. Yes, there are more than likely members that would ask for support in such a section, but I don't think it would get to a point where it becomes an issue. People know that this is not an official GTA forum (or should I say Rockstar forum?), and if they don't they'll get to know it eventually. In my view, this would also apply to a potential Rockstar section.

Edited by Andreas

It is almost a certainty that some people would assume what tiger suggested. It has happened before even without such a section. That said, GTAF staff doesn't make their final decisions based on how stupid the dumbest members are. Well, most of the time they don't. :p

I don't think it is a bad idea, but that doesn't mean it is a good one either. I mean is it currently needed?

How many topics are there right now dedicated to other titles created by rockstar? How active are those topics? Are those topics not doing the job? (As in are people constantly trying to make more topics, is discussion spilling out of those topics, or are certain things not really possible/easy to discuss in those topics, etc.)

I'm sure if a subsection like this were created it would be used. I'm not sure if it would be used enough to warrant it's existence as a separate section.

Aside from certain GTA related sections, new sections are usually created based on an actual need. If there isn't a need, you'd likely end up with staff collecting all the topics that would fit in this section, moving them to the new section, only to have it negatively impact the activity of said topics. That plus some random spammy "Jimmy Hopkins" appreciation threads aren't exactly enough to warrant an entire new section.

That said, I have no doubt that if upon new releases there was a need, the creation of such a section would follow shortly.

There aren't really enough rockstar games to warrant a discussion outside of their own threads in the gaming section or their individual forums, imo. If you want to talk in depth about Red Dead or Manhunt, whatever, just go to a forum dedicated to it. You don't see people on Bully forums talking about GTA at the extent to where they need their own section.

Not enough Rockstar games? I beg to differ. I've compiled a list here for your convenience:

Series:

Max Payne (3 games)

Midnight Club (4 games)

Smuggler's Run (3 games)

Manhunt (2 games)

Red Dead (2 games)

Individual Games:

Oni

State of Emergency

The Warriors

Table Tennis

Bully

Beaterator

L.A. Noire

That's 21 games in total, not counting the GTA series or the games they made when they were still DMA Design, and you're telling me that's not enough games to warrant a Rockstar section? Okay then.

Edited by Ray
  • Like 4

A few of those games have topics already that are rarely posted in, the others don't have enough interest to warrant a topic, let alone an entire section.

You're telling me that a handful of posts are reason enough to warrant an entire section dedicated to these games than barely anyone discusses?

Okay then.

Seriously though, are you picking and choosing which posts to read and skipping everything else?

Edited by *MURDOC*
  • Like 1

I have read all the posts in this thread. My post above was in regard to universtwisters stating that there are not enough Rockstar games to warrant a Rockstar section, which I don't agree with. I'm aware that some of the games I mentioned do indeed have their own topics, but I find those to be quite cluttered and unorganized. They could really benefit from having their own subforums.

Sure, there will be some that will not be as active as others, but it'll always be there when someone feels like starting a discussion or finds a new glitch or whatever. And who knows, maybe having these games as subforums will spark interest and encourage people to talk about them more. The idea of having to dig through tons of pages of threads to find a topic about a specific game is very unappealing.

But the topics for each game are good enough to post that kind of thing at the moment - like sweets said, if the topics aren't enough to handle the discussion, that's when a separate section would make sense. However, at the moment, the topics seem to be doing just fine.

• Like 2

gwZr6Zc.png

The staff can't just create a Rockstar section and then add a subsection for every single game they released. That wastes time and space. Do you really think people are going to post in the Smugglers Run 1 and Table Tennis sections? I doubt it, but even if they do, the staff should focus on what the popular series are instead.

Edited by Android

VWSTp.png

Subforums for each individual game is very unlikely. All this could ever be is a "Rockstar Games" stub of the Gaming forum - there's no where else for it. I envisage it operating like GTA Series Chat, but for discussion on all non-GTA Rockstar published games only with the current general topics being moved there.

I like the idea, but looking at it from an activity point of view, there is nothing to draw people to it right at this moment in time. Of course games like RDR are still very popular, but I think we'd need a new Red Dead and a new IP like Agent to really pull in the members. Otherwise, it'll just be an additional forum to click on and could end up making the topics even more quieter, and that's no good to anybody.

• Like 2

fib_ufo_small.png

The staff can't just create a Rockstar section and then add a subsection for every single game they released. That wastes time and space. Do you really think people are going to post in the Smugglers Run 1 and Table Tennis sections? I doubt it, but even if they do, the staff should focus on what the popular series are instead.

I was thinking more along the lines of all the major series (Max Payne, Midnight Club, etc) each getting their own subforums and all the individual games (The Warriors, Bully, etc) could be grouped together in one subforum called "Miscellaneous" or something else to that effect.

Edited by Ray

A MC section would be a nifty thing to have, but what's the point, honestly? MC:LA's servers are dead, and no other MC games offer online multiplayer, which is why a lot of people join forums - to discuss and possibly gather a group of people to play with. You can just barely tell that this is true with the V and Online sections. As for Max Payne 3, it's been quiet for a very long time, and I don't think Rockstar is creating any more content for it. GTA Online is a major priority of theirs and it'll be that way until they release another title.

VWSTp.png

A MC section would be a nifty thing to have, but what's the point, honestly? MC:LA's servers are dead, and no other MC games offer online multiplayer, which is why a lot of people join forums - to discuss and possibly gather a group of people to play with. You can just barely tell that this is true with the V and Online sections. As for Max Payne 3, it's been quiet for a very long time, and I don't think Rockstar is creating any more content for it. GTA Online is a major priority of theirs and it'll be that way until they release another title.

I am with Android here.

Max Payne (3 games) : It has a sometimes small fan base,I believe the threads with have suffice.

Midnight Club (4 games) : Practically what Android stated

Smuggler's Run (3 games) : A title that is really is just a sleeper hit.May not be looked at alot.

Manhunt (2 games) : Sleeper hit

Red Dead (2 games) : This has some potential,I can see it happening.

Individual Games:

Oni : Very Obscure title,like Advance practically

State of Emergency : Obscure

The Warriors : Refer to Max Payne

Table Tennis : lol

Bully : This has some potential if a second entry is made.

Beaterator : Seriously

L.A. Noire : I am a bit iffy on this one

After dissecting all their games,it is obvious that Red Dead and Bully would be the only places people would post in.The threads really suffice if this were to be the case.

A R* Sub-Forum would be the best option,functioning almost like the GTA Series Forum where you can discuss all Non-GTA entries,but sub-forums for each?That would be a tad bit much.

Fuzzknuckles

So?

I've been here over ten years and have always wondered why there's no sections for other Rockstar games. This is the biggest GTA community site, it could be the biggest R* community site. There's discussions about all of the other R* games here already, so putting them in their own neat little sub forum seems like a great idea to me.

• Like 3
Signatures are dumb anyway.

Jolly Swagman

Not really sure what is the better option but one thing I definitely think would bring more activity to the gaming section in general (and probably given the average person likely to come here, rockstar game threads in particular) would be to make it easier to find. A lot of visitors, especially newer ones, don't realise there is a section where they can discuss other rockstar games/gaming in general. My thought bubble is maybe putting a link to "other games" or something on the main page underneath the link to the "GTA Series" section on the main page. I reckon this would make it a fair bit easier to find especially for new members as to me it's not that intuitive to look for it through the off topic link (took me a few weeks to see it but then again I'm not very smart).

I'm on the forums on my mobile 90% of the time now so all my thoughts come from the mobile layout not the desk top.

Personally im probably slightly in favour of a rockstar games sub forum within the gaming section but another way could be instead of having a whole sub-section for other Rockstar games, the threads dedicated to them (the half active ones anyway) could be pinned within the general gaming section.

• Like 1

So?

I've been here over ten years and have always wondered why there's no sections for other Rockstar games. This is the biggest GTA community site, it could be the biggest R* community site. There's discussions about all of the other R* games here already, so putting them in their own neat little sub forum seems like a great idea to me.

Just seems like more empty sections to scroll past.

• Like 2

universetwisters

Not enough Rockstar games? I beg to differ. I've compiled a list here for your convenience:

Series:

Max Payne (3 games)

Midnight Club (4 games)

Smuggler's Run (3 games)

Manhunt (2 games)

Red Dead (2 games)

Individual Games:

Oni

State of Emergency

The Warriors

Table Tennis

Bully

Beaterator

L.A. Noire

That's 21 games in total, not counting the GTA series or the games they made when they were still DMA Design, and you're telling me that's not enough games to warrant a Rockstar section? Okay then.

Nice wham line, but I haven't seen a thread dedicated to Smuggler's Run: Warzones, or Oni, or individual Midnight Club games other than LA. Just because those games were made by Rockstar, doesn't mean it automatically warrants a discussion. How many people want to talk about table tennis?

Games made by Rockstar > Games made by Rockstar that people talk about

Edited by universetwisters

I do agree that very few people would want to talk about Oni or Smuggler's Run: Warzones, but wouldn't you agree that it could work if all those games were combined in one subforum called "Miscellaneous", while major series like Max Payne get their own subforum?

I don't see why they need even threads - if no one's talking about them, throwing them under a separate subforum seems a bit pointless. Having entire sections for games also seems a bit pointless considering how little discussion there currently is on them - RDR's thread hasn't been bumped for a week, LA Noire's hasn't been bumped for a few months, MC:LA's hasn't been bumped for 8 months, hell the thread for the entire Max Payne series is only 10 pages long and hasn't been bumped in a month.

All creating a separate section would do is create another ghost town, there doesn't seem to be nearly enough discussion to warrant it from my perspective. Who knows though, I'm not the one calling the shots :p

gwZr6Zc.png