2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Multi-vehicle stage races (triathalon for vehicles)

Jammsbro

What about multi vehicle races? You could choose two, three or four vehicle stage race.

So that for instance you start in a muscle car from vespucci beach to vinewood, switch to superbikes to Sandy Shores, then to stunt planes and on to mt chiliad where you bail out and ditch in the water to get a speedboat for the race to the finish around the coast.

These could be short and sweet, medium or epics. And I think they could and would revitalise racing in the game.

Also I know plenty of players who's strengths are in some areas and weaknesses others so it would make for interesting racing if for instance you were an ace driver and had to get to your car for the vital last driving stage to stand a chance of winning.

Ideas?

• Like 5

JohnnyCallisto

If you use the creator tool, you can lock tracks to a specific vehicle...make a few vehicle-locked races, put them in a designated order in a playlist - and you have yourself a 'multi-vehicle stage race' my friend :)

I like the idea but would prefer:

Bike

Car

Plane

In some fashion. I don't think just switching cars is that big a deal because you can do it in any gta race.

LieutenantLoserz

Or, it could be like:

Plane race, then you parachute, then you bike/car race, winning is like playlist, most points after the event wins

Obviosly the creator of the race would have control as to what was used, how many changes and in what order.

If you use the creator tool, you can lock tracks to a specific vehicle...make a few vehicle-locked races, put them in a designated order in a playlist - and you have yourself a 'multi-vehicle stage race' my friend :)

Thats not a multi stage race, its three races in a row. Totally different. Players can quit, players alll restart at the start of each new race. The idea of this is a triathalon but with vehicles.

Thanks for the idea.

This can be done if you setup a GTA Race, so people can hop out of their vehicles.

I will have to do some testing but my thoughts are that if you do the sea leg first, then the land leg, then the air leg, placing vehicles of each type at the transition point, people won't be able to cheat and just fly the entire race in an aircraft. Whatever your order, you will want to have the vehicles get progressively faster so it pays for people to switch and is not an advantage to stay in the vehicle they're already in.

If sea races won't allow you to put a checkpoint on land, you could set it up as a bicycle race on one side of a lake and the other checkpoint on the other side of the lake or on top of a buoy.

CrysisAverted

I would so dominate in all areas

Thanks for the idea.

This can be done if you setup a GTA Race, so people can hop out of their vehicles.

I will have to do some testing but my thoughts are that if you do the sea leg first, then the land leg, then the air leg, placing vehicles of each type at the transition point, people won't be able to cheat and just fly the entire race in an aircraft. Whatever your order, you will want to have the vehicles get progressively faster so it pays for people to switch and is not an advantage to stay in the vehicle they're already in.

If sea races won't allow you to put a checkpoint on land, you could set it up as a bicycle race on one side of a lake and the other checkpoint on the other side of the lake or on top of a buoy.

I was thinking something similar. You could always use structures to block off checkpoints from certain types of vehicles, like walls at the end of each section that the previous vehicle can't get through

CarimboHanky

i know one would play them but, the fact the triathlons didnt make it to online sucks!

i like that sh*t in sp

In TBOGT there were races like this, I thought they were awesome, and would really like it in GTAO.

If memory serves me right you can't use planes during normal races, but this is a great idea if you can manage 6/7 people to try it out.

Imagine a small sports race along the 68, stopping to get into a Dinghy/SeaShark in the Alamo Sea and ride the rapids only to get out and finish with a dirtbike race in the Paleto Forest. It would be great!

I

Thanks for the idea.

If it was a GTA race then whoever got to the next stage first could just turn around and destroy all the other vehicles though? Right or wrong?

I like the idea. It could be made but like the capture mission. You could have. 5 different types of vehicles

Maybe someone already made it?

Edited by allgaguzzi

Thanks for the idea.

I'm sure I've tried similar things in the past to no avail. The problem you have is that it's unlikely that boats and aircraft will spawn (I'm not even sure whether it's possible for them to spawn at all). In a GTA Race I'm 98% sure you'll get road traffic spawning and nothing else. Even if it's a sea or air race, I'd be surprised if other vehicles would spawn anywhere.

What can be created however is the point-to-point style checkpoint races from GTA IV - i.e. you place two or three checkpoints really far apart so that participants can choose their own route, rather than being confined to a pre-defined race track.

... If it was a GTA race then whoever got to the next stage first could just turn around and destroy all the other vehicles though? Right or wrong?

You can choose what weapons are allowed so you could just have none selected. Whether this is controlled by the lobby host or not though, I'm unsure.

Edited by Robaldinio

Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

How about they just disable all weapons and lock your vehicle in advance for only you to use.

Here is my attempt to make race under capture mode.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/jobs/job/O8AUCgiLCUKwZwZXTvkLPw

It's for 4 teams. It starts with musscle, then bikes then boats then plane. First one to collect 3 race markers wins.

There are weapons, but, idea is to use them against the cops.

Edited by allgaguzzi