2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Unlimited character transferring.

Im Ricky I Win

Im Ricky I Win

Does anyone have any explanation as to why you can't transfer your character as many times as you want?

I've posted before asking if it was possible to transfer twice but apparently you can't. What's the reasoning for this? I got the game for Xbox one then lost it, continued playing on the 360 for months and then got a new copy for the one again. I'm just really upset because I would love to play on the one but I have made enough money on the 360 to get literally everything I want/need and I'm almost 100 levels higher...

I just don't understand the reasoning for limiting character transfers.

People selling accounts, updating modded accounts and the last reason: Just cause.

• Like 1

MRM95Jb.png

Im Ricky I Win

p;rob so people cant hack .glitch. mod on the 360 then transfer to the XB1 etc

But wouldn't rockstar be able to tell if you have modded money or something and just remove it before the transfer?

Because there is no need to transfer more than once? No offence, but if you lost your Xbox One then that's kind of your own problem. Besides, all XB1 saves are stored in the cloud. So if you got a new one and redownloaded GTA V, then you'd get your save back.

The idea is that you upgrade from last gen to current gen and just carry on from there, without switching between the two. Logically, why would you go back to the 360 when you're on the better XB1?

It's not like I purposely lost the game though.. I wanted to play so I just continued on the 360 and just recently rebought the game for the one.

p;rob so people cant hack .glitch. mod on the 360 then transfer to the XB1 etc

But wouldn't rockstar be able to tell if you have modded money or something and just remove it before the transfer?

Do you even realize how many hours of work there would have to be done, just to check every single transferred account? Its not gonna happen.

MRM95Jb.png

WildBrick142

They're probably too lazy to add that ability.

All cash stacks with cash you already have when transferring. Let's say you have 5 million on Xbox One and 10 million on Xbox 360. After transferring you would have 15 million on One. Transfer again and you would have 25 million. Again, 35 million and so on.

They could simply deduct cash and transfer only what you have earned in the meantime or not let you transfer cash on second and remaining attempts but that's effort.

At least that's what I think is the main reason as no item other than cash would cause issues after transfer (everything apart from cash gets replaced). Mods could be another reason but modders usually mod their accounts before the transfer so it doesn't make it more or less abused than it already is.

Speaking of, they could add an option if you want to transfer both or just one character. I don't want to replace my PC character and I want to transfer my main Xbox 360 character (which conveniently is in second slot) so I won't have to replace nor delete any character I have. But then again, it's too much work for R* to add a simple "choose which character you want to transfer".

Edited by WildBrick142

They can't even get most of the mechanics in GTA to work correctly... What makes you think they'd be able to do this and have it work?

xInfamousRYANx

If you explain the issue to support sometimes they will rollback transfers allowing a retransfer

Edited by xInfamousRYANx

SaltyGTAFMember

If you explain the issue to support sometimes they will rollback transfers allowing a retransfer

He wants to transfer back and forth, which they going to say no.

They don't want unlimited transfers because like other people said you cheat on last gen consoles then go back to current gen console and also it puts a heavy burden on their sever.

Im Ricky I Win

They don't want unlimited transfers because like other people said you cheat on last gen consoles then go back to current gen console and also it puts a heavy burden on their sever.

No.. I don't want to transfer back and fourth, I want to be able to have my progress from 360 updated to the one.

Idk if you read my post but I LOST the game for the one and just recently rebought it..

Aye but they will only rollback your original Transfer. So if you have done anything since on that character on x360 you will lose all the progress and it will only rollback to original state you first transferred. If that makes sense

I think its a good call by Rockstar but they should however! let us change our characters appearance either whenever we please or at least once every 30days should we wish.

or hey! how about opening up more character slots ??!

Edited by PANiC ATTACK3R

NBAKingzFan10

No.. I don't want to transfer back and fourth, I want to be able to have my progress from 360 updated to the one.

Idk if you read my post but I LOST the game for the one and just recently rebought it..

Don't mind him. As his name suggests, his sole purpose here is to ensure the forums remain under a certain intellectual threshold.

Anyways, as the person he quoted said, there have been cases where people have been allowed to retranfer their progress. I'd give it a shot as the worst that can happen is they'll say, "no". I mean, that would suck given your understandable circumstances, but at least you'll be no worse off than you already are.

Maybe emphasize the fact you bought an XB1 copy twice. They seem to favor people who give them more money.

Your save data for the XB1 will still be there providing you have your GT linked to you Social Club

As I said , they will only allow transfer once! or a rollback of that original transfer

sort of..end thread really

should be nothing to find a used copy. The game is will installed on your hd.

Quinn_flower

it's modders and cheaters fault op we can't have that

• Like 2

How on earth do you lose a game lol you should see how careful I am with my disc when moving it places heh I swear I am more delicate with it than a newborn. (I had a bad experience with the 360 disc and had to move the install to the 360 HDD which is why I have so much caution).

R* Support may rollback your transfer if you clearly state some legitimate reasons, but its a long shot. If you haven't done any modding/glitching there is no harm in asking.

1st Question : You could get into a modded lobby on 360 and then transfer...which would be abused like hell.

2 nd Question : It can be abused easily,as evident by my 1st answer.

SaltyGTAFMember

Don't mind him. As his name suggests, his sole purpose here is to ensure the forums remain under a certain intellectual threshold.

Anyways, as the person he quoted said, there have been cases where people have been allowed to retranfer their progress. I'd give it a shot as the worst that can happen is they'll say, "no". I mean, that would suck given your understandable circumstances, but at least you'll be no worse off than you already are.

Maybe emphasize the fact you bought an XB1 copy twice. They seem to favor people who give them more money.

Unlimited transferring not retransfering, also flame bait is against the rules so reported.

It was illogical to continue playing if you knew there was only 1 transferring, you should of taken the break the only time when rockstar lets you re roll a transferring if the transfer messed up, the character was deleted in x amount of time or the character became corrupt. Unlike some people here, I read the post on support site and as I stand still my first point was to reduce the amount of cheating.

The forum sometimes, stop finale thread hopping. :)

Edited by DumbForum

xInfamousRYANx

Your save data for the XB1 will still be there providing you have your GT linked to you Social Club

As I said , they will only allow transfer once! or a rollback of that original transfer

sort of..end thread really

from what i gatthered and from what ive been told by friends when they allow a retransfer they wipe the current gen account out and unlock the ability to transfer again. They dont go backwards and derank and take money from your 360

Unlimited transferring not retransfering, also flame bait is against the rules so reported.

It was illogical to continue playing if you knew there was only 1 transferring, you should of taken the break the only time when rockstar lets you re roll a transferring if the transfer messed up, the character was deleted in x amount of time or the character became corrupt. Unlike some people here, I read the post on support site and as I stand still my first point was to reduce the amount of cheating.

It's been a long day so forgive me, but that last post made pretty much no sense to me.

For those confused; When you do the transfer to new gen, the old gen account retains the money but it is then duplicated for the new gen account. You can continue to play on both systems but the money will not be linked after the transfer.

Edited by Blankerz

SaltyGTAFMember

It's been a long day so forgive me, but that last post made pretty much no sense to me.

For those confused; When you do the transfer to new gen, the old gen account retains the money but it is then duplicated for the new gen account. You can continue to play on both systems but the money will not be linked after the transfer.

Why continue to play knowing it won't carry.

Rockstar will only re roll your account only if it was a technical issue.

I read the support post on the website and they don't transfer for player's mistake.

xInfamousRYANx

I read the support post on the website and they don't transfer for player's mistake.

But they do. I had a friend in NODO that decided to go PS4 transferred a level 600+ character. Decided he hated the ps4 controllers.

He then made a new Xbox one character and was lamenting about how he wished to transfer. I told him to ask support. He did they allowed him to retransfer

Loosing your Xbox game won't make a difference as your online character is stored server side, as soon as you log in on your XBL account and Social Club you'll get everything back.

If you contact support they will sometimes allow you to re transfer, they did for me.

Edited by dewtech_2008

xInfamousRYANx

Loosing your Xbox game won't make a difference as your online character is stored server side, as soon as you log in on your XBL account and Social Club you'll get everything back.

If you contact support they will sometimes allow you to re transfer, they did for me.

His issue is he lost a xbox one game so he kept playing 360 after a transfer so he is short the levels and money he earned since he transferred and ended up not playing like he meant to

Im Ricky I Win

I continued playing on the 360 after I lost the game for the one.. Why wouldn't I continue playing? This is my favorite game and the only game I ever really play.

I'm just bummed that I can't update my progress from the 360 to the one. That's all.

I continued playing on the 360 after I lost the game for the one.. Why wouldn't I continue playing? This is my favorite game and the only game I ever really play.

I'm just bummed that I can't update my progress from the 360 to the one. That's all.

Well sorry, you cant, they will only rollback your first migration so any progress on the 360 you made since your first XB1 transfer will be lost. Like i said its a good call by Rockstar, otherwise lots of people would be glitching millions on their 360 account and then asking for a transfer again

So after I transfered my character from ps3 to ps4, I can't transfer to pc? Or is it a 1 time thing between the same consoles?