3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Hey nice work, GTAForums!

PatMan33

I reinstalled San Andreas today and was bumming around looking for mods and stumbled back into this place. Should have seen the look on my face when my account credentials still worked and I was able to log in. So... hey, nice work, GTAForums! Mega props to you and your database's survivability. It doesn't even look all that different, so nice work to your UI people as well.

Anyway, that's about all. Gotta try to find a texture pack or something. San Andreas is still more-than-playable, but I wanna see what there is to see.

Also I wonder what me from a decade ago would think of me now. I long for the days when Jack Thompson was the worst problem we had to deal with. hahahaha

Happy gaming! :lol:

And don't forget to wash your ass.

It's actually really interesting to see a member who hasn't logged in, or posted, for more than 5 years come back. Sometimes, I wonder what happened to those other people that didn't log back in...

Glad to see you back.

...And no, I won't forget. Thanks for letting me know.

I reinstalled San Andreas today and was bumming around looking for mods and stumbled back into this place. Should have seen the look on my face when my account credentials still worked and I was able to log in. So... hey, nice work, GTAForums! Mega props to you and your database's survivability. It doesn't even look all that different, so nice work to your UI people as well.

Anyway, that's about all. Gotta try to find a texture pack or something. San Andreas is still more-than-playable, but I wanna see what there is to see.

Also I wonder what me from a decade ago would think of me now. I long for the days when Jack Thompson was the worst problem we had to deal with. hahahaha

Happy gaming! :lol:

I love positive posts like this, thanks for sharing and have fun with SA.

Good call.

• Like 2

Welcome back its always good to see the OriGinatorS return. And BTW San Andreas still kicks ass.

• Like 3

Weird to think your last post was a decade ago. Facebook and Youtube hadn't even been around for a year, and the last generation of consoles hadn't even come out yet.

Ah, how times change. Good thing you remembered your password after all that time :p

• Like 3

ROCKSTAR MANIC

WOW congrats on coming back! We hope you stay on the long haul. Good times and memories. Enjoy this great place.

I'll do my best. All I have to do is follow the damn train, right?

How hard could that be..

• Like 3

Welcome back. :)

one of us... one of us

• Like 3

Someone get his man a beer for remembering his log in details from over a decade ago!

Welcome back, stick around :)

• Like 3

ghost of delete key

We slip in and out of the Oort Cloud on very long elliptical orbits.

It's nice to whip past GTAF every few million years or so.

and welcome back, johnson.

I did the same thing a while back when I logged into TheBorgGaming after 12 years.

But unlike this forum, that's like the inside of a glacier... the little bit there is frozen in time.

At least it survived unlike the other biggies of the day, like Arachnophobic and GTA Boards lol.

Sometimes, I wonder what happened to those other people that didn't log back in...

they're dead.

they all died.

of the plague.

Also I wonder what me from a decade ago would think of me now.

pfft.

you only registered Oct of 2002?

what a noob :catloaf:

one of us... one of us

gooble gobble... gooble gobble

Edited by El Diablo

GTA3Rockstar

Should've saw my face after I reached my 13th year on here.

Something like this: 😦

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

I'm not an OG Forumer, but I agree, SA still kicks ass.

Welcome back :D

• 5 years later...

Hey it has been five years or so. Replaying San Andreas again because why not? And I remembered this topic and the forum so I figured I'd wander back in for my half-decade checkup. Please don't nuke me into oblivion for bumping a irreverent thread. I mean you could just chill here for a minute instead of torching part of your soul in a political thread on the internet. Doesn't that sound way better? I'm giving you a primo deal here, man. This is grade-A 100% pure GTA, ladies and gentlemen. Disco sh*t. :D

I think I want to play Vice City again. Somehow Lazlow came up in a random discussion I was having around Christmas and it reminded me of the real titan of radio: Maurice Chavez. VCPR was far and away the best radio station in any of the GTA games. And it is a game I put a ton of hours into. There's no concrete count as to how long I've played it, but I used to fly that Apache around all the damn time. And then at some point Multi Theft Auto came out and holy crap that was a bucket of fun. But then I remember having to ride the Superbike across the rooftops and I think I'll just watch Scarface instead.

How were the handheld ones? Liberty City/Vice City Stories? I never really played those but they looked good. Though I did end up playing Chinatown Wars; that game was pretty decent.

Anyway... it's a GTA kind of time right now. I'm still following the damn train, too. Staying clean and safe! Do your best! <3

• Like 2

No idea who I'm talking to right now, but welcome back all the same. :yee:

LCS and VCS are alright, but I can't shake the feeling that they're like watered down variants of the originals. They did have some fresh new ideas though.

• Like 1
  • YEE 1

paperbagdude

I was still virgin when this thread was made wtf

Lucas wester
13 hours ago, PatMan33 said:

Hey it has been five years or so. Replaying San Andreas again because why not? And I remembered this topic and the forum so I figured I'd wander back in for my half-decade checkup. Please don't nuke me into oblivion for bumping a irreverent thread. I mean you could just chill here for a minute instead of torching part of your soul in a political thread on the internet. Doesn't that sound way better? I'm giving you a primo deal here, man. This is grade-A 100% pure GTA, ladies and gentlemen. Disco sh*t. :D

I think I want to play Vice City again. Somehow Lazlow came up in a random discussion I was having around Christmas and it reminded me of the real titan of radio: Maurice Chavez. VCPR was far and away the best radio station in any of the GTA games. And it is a game I put a ton of hours into. There's no concrete count as to how long I've played it, but I used to fly that Apache around all the damn time. And then at some point Multi Theft Auto came out and holy crap that was a bucket of fun. But then I remember having to ride the Superbike across the rooftops and I think I'll just watch Scarface instead.

How were the handheld ones? Liberty City/Vice City Stories? I never really played those but they looked good. Though I did end up playing Chinatown Wars; that game was pretty decent.

Anyway... it's a GTA kind of time right now. I'm still following the damn train, too. Staying clean and safe! Do your best! ❤️

Vice city was cool i just cant stop focusing on how Tommy runs he looks dumb lol

RedDagger
18 hours ago, PatMan33 said:

I mean you could just chill here for a minute instead of torching part of your soul in a political thread on the internet.

Funny that - when this thread was posted, David Cameron had recently secured a win in the 2015 general election. One of the promises in his manifesto was a quick bit of appeasement to the UKIP bloc, some little referendum on the EU that obviously wouldn't amount to much.

We've also bumped up a console generation, no new GTA in sight...though nothing can really stack up to the older GTAs anyway lol

TychoCelchu

Fun to think that this forum has been around longer than some of its members have been alive...

See you in 2025. We still won't have another game, but good news! You'll be able to play GTA V as part of the "classics" series of games.

• Like 1

If you're stuck on a comet with a ~5 year cycle, you can just say so. We can get a rescue ready for the next time you're passing by.

LittleBlueTroll
On 8/11/2015 at 2:51 AM, PatMan33 said:

On 2/10/2021 at 12:00 AM, PatMan33 said:

Staying clean

So much time has passed between the first post and the update, but this crucial advice about ass washing was as relevant then as it is now.

I can't wait to speak to him again in 5/6 years and let him know my ass is clean and it's all thanks to him.