2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Why I never allow players to co-pilot the helicopter

G3T STR4F3D

We all have those people that get in our cars with us and ride to the destination in missions. Players that ride with me to the helipad to get my Savage I never let get in the gunner seat for a reason.

They're always operating the missiles, no matter what. Even if you're flying to a destination they're experimenting with traffic cars. And even if you already have the missiles selected before they go into the camera, they can still disable your usage of them and use the missiles themselves.

Whenever I need the missiles seems to be when they instantly feel the need to select them. It's great that someone can fire missiles while I use the explosive machine gun, but there are times when I really require the missiles and they won't give them up.

For instance, when I'm trying to fight an enemy Buzzard in a mission, or taking out a plane that is fleeing, I need the homing missiles. Planes are a lot faster than helicopters, and I can't slow down to try and get them with the explosive machine gun.

I'm pretty sure a lot of players who use the Buzzard, Savage, or Valkyrie experience this issue

• Like 1

Play missions on your own, problem solved. I do and its much better than having to wait around for idiots who have no idea what to do, or AFK twats.

• Like 1

I don't ever start missions, too much of a bother. I just do Quick Job and hope I'm in a good mission with good players.

DaltonWilliams123

You could start your own missions. You could also tell them in game chat "this is my Savage, gtfo my missiles". I do that and it normally works (I obviously don't say it like that but you get the picture). You could also refuse to take off until they get out or get in the back.

I usually start ascending a little before they get in so it forces them to go to the back. They usually just get out and get in the gunner seat though.

We all have those people that get in our cars with us and ride to the destination in missions. Players that ride with me to the helipad to get my Savage I never let get in the gunner seat for a reason.

Well there's your problem. If you're going to use a helicopter in missions, don't let anyone ride with you to it. Simple solution.

Well there's your problem. If you're going to use a helicopter in missions, don't let anyone ride with you to it. Simple solution.

I didn't ask for a solution, I vented out my thoughts on idiots who don't know how to properly use the co-pilot feature. Just because I make a thread doesn't mean I'm automatically asking a question and looking for a solution.

Vent away then. Let everyone know how you feel in a month when you continue to do the same thing... :facedesk:

Vent away then. Let everyone know how you feel in a month when you continue to do the same thing... :facedesk:

Why does there always have to be that one person in a thread that comes just to be a prick?

Why does there always have to be that one person in a thread that comes just to be a prick?

OP, CMCSAVAGE has point. As I said earlier, host your own missions and play them solo. Its no hard sh*t to pause, go to jobs and select a contact mission. I will play with low ranks every now and again to help them get used to the games' mechanics, but other than that, solo is better.

OP, CMCSAVAGE has point. As I said earlier, host your own missions and play them solo. Its no hard sh*t to pause, go to jobs and select a contact mission. I will play with low ranks every now and again to help them get used to the games' mechanics, but other than that, solo is better.

I like having the company of other players, and I don't mind if they get in my Savage. But when they get in the gunner seat and carelessly use the co-pilot camera with no thought that hey, "Maybe the pilot would like to use his helicopter controls" it annoys me.

The real goal of this thread was to see if this bothered anyone else, and if they were experiencing similar issues, hence the last paragraph. But of course, just like every other thread I make, it makes the wrong turn when people misinterpret what I say.

I like having the company of other players, and I don't mind if they get in my Savage. But when they get in the gunner seat and carelessly use the co-pilot camera with no thought that hey, "Maybe the pilot would like to use his helicopter controls" it annoys me.

The real goal of this thread was to see if this bothered anyone else, and if they were experiencing similar issues, hence the last paragraph. But of course, just like every other thread I make, it makes the wrong turn when people misinterpret what I say.

It doesn't happen to me, obviously as I've already mentioned :lol: But yeah, I see your point. Really there should be an option to enable and disable the use of weapons by the copilot. But believe me OP, its more fun driving to the destination and actually weapons ;)

Don't call me a prick (check my profile). My point is, why complain about something that you have complete control over. Everything you said is why I fly solo.

Don't call me a prick (check my profile). My point is, why complain about something that you have complete control over. Everything you said is why I fly solo.

What does "check my profile" mean? I can't call you a prick because there's something on your profile? And you have control over everything on GTA Online. Getting spawn-killed? Just throw your device out the window.

When I play a mission where I know I will call in a chopper, and I will not need to transport anyone, I promptly set the permissions on my personal vehicle to no-one so I have no unwelcome passengers along for the ride. The fact is that against NPCs, no human gunner is ever as good as a good pilot firing the rockets themselves, so I'd rather someone get slightly peeved than lose my chopper or even have the mission fail. Since most people in random missions don't seem to have proper knowledge of how the rockets work, it is simply better to always assume you should not let anyone enter.

Periodically, someone does seem to follow me to the helipad all the same, in which case I wait and see what they do. Most of the time, they're just getting their own chopper or Hydra, but in the case where someone gets in the chopper's gunner spot, I will not move and just wait for them to leave when they notice I am not going anywhere. Sometimes, people will jump in the side seats instead, which will basically useless is much better than losing my rockets; I usually let these people ride along, figuring that they will parachute out if they get bored of spectating (it does happen regularly).

Most rarely of all, very rarely some moron follows me and actually has the gall to pull me out of the chopper and try to steal it while I am spooling up. In the Savage, most people who do this end up killing themselves a short time later at least, but if it happens in a Buzzard, I will just drive away and wait for Pegasus to reclaim the vehicle from them while they are still flying it, which also usually kills the perp.

So you have a problem with this, don't you? A solution was provided, you could at least be happy about a solution itself rather than the manner it was presented in.

The co pilot can't use any guns in the savage infact they can't even use their own guns in there the only place a passenger can use guns in a savage is being right at the back where they can use snipers and RPGs

DentureDynamite

The OP has a valid point: there's a balance between trying to encourage players to fly together (like driving, R* rewards you with RP for flying with players), but the control issue is still there. Perhaps some kind of auto override button (i.e. pilot gets priority of weapons when he/she uses them, then it's returned to the player after five seconds?)

The co pilot can't use any guns in the savage infact they can't even use their own guns in there the only place a passenger can use guns in a savage is being right at the back where they can use snipers and RPGs

What? The co-pilot in the Savage can use rockets. The passengers can use any gun they want.

The OP has a valid point: there's a balance between trying to encourage players to fly together (like driving, R* rewards you with RP for flying with players), but the control issue is still there. Perhaps some kind of auto override button (i.e. pilot gets priority of weapons when he/she uses them, then it's returned to the player after five seconds?)

I just wish that the co-pilot had control of the explosive minigun instead of the rockets. It's a lot more convenient to have someone operating that it while you spam homing rockets, rather than trying to get low and tilt your helicopter to use the explosive cannon while the co-pilot fires unguided rockets.

We all have those people that get in our cars with us and ride to the destination in missions.

Lock your car, or set it to Friends. Problem solved :lol:

PS, I do this for exactly the reason you described. Those players that don't want to take their own cars can catch the bus to the destination for all I care.