2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Savage or buzzard?

TSK10

Go to solution Solved by TSK10,

I can't choose between these two helicopters... The buzzard is small and quick but the savage is 50% off.

Retired Mafia

savage, complete destruction, no reload time for rockets. The co pilot can take over control after you jump out.

and 50% off is a once of a lifetime chance

Edited by Retired Mafia
  • Like 1

savage is 50% off, has unlimited missiles so you can spam them during missions. only downside is it's a death sentence in free roam + it smokes quick. if you like small & quick choppers then the buzzard would be the way to go.. but you can't beat a 50% off sale that will probably not happen for awhile. the savage will pay for itself back if you grind missions / do pacific standard.

• Like 1

If you can get both. If not, get the savage.

More firepower

Useful machine guns

but less maneuverability

I have both choppers... each of them have their unique ability. I love them both.... equally.

What are you getting it for, missions or free mode?

In free mode it's debatable which is better, but neither are all that great anyway. The Hydra wins in this department.

In missions, again, both have strengths and weaknesses. The Savage has great firepower, but has a good chance of destroying objects you don't want to. It can clear AI enemies out quicker though, and it's fun to use (if you can look past/work around the horrible armour on it).

At the price it is now though, the Savage is much better value, and if you use it in missions it won't be long before you've got your money back. It's not even a million right now, go for the Savage.

wrong thread.

Edited by dorcy
  • Like 2

The First Hunter

In free mode it's debatable which is better, but neither are all that great anyway. The Hydra wins in this department.

In missions, again, both have strengths and weaknesses. The Savage has great firepower, but has a good chance of destroying objects you don't want to. It can clear AI enemies out quicker though, and it's fun to use (if you can look past/work around the horrible armour on it).

At the price it is now though, the Savage is much better value, and if you use it in missions it won't be long before you've got your money back. It's not even a million right now, go for the Savage.

Does Buzzard have more armor?

I have most of the pegasus vehicles (Including rhino,savage,Insurgent and ...) and I'm going to buy buzzard! I tested a buzzard from the sandy shores airfield and it smoked after taking way more damage than savage and also some people say pegasus vehicles have less armor but overall which of these helis has a better armor? Savage or Buzzard?

Does Buzzard have more armor?

I have most of the pegasus vehicles (Including rhino,savage,Insurgent and ...) and I'm going to buy buzzard! I tested a buzzard from the sandy shores airfield and it smoked after taking way more damage than savage and also some people say pegasus vehicles have less armor but overall which of these helis has a better armor? Savage or Buzzard?

I did some testing a while back, and the answer has to be yes and no. Mostly yes though.

Basically, if you shoot the helicopter itself (not the windows/glass), then they both take the same amount of damage, which is 8 standard handgun bullets in the front till it smokes. If you shoot the windows of the Buzzard though, it seemed to absorb some of the damage. Shooting that handgun through the window, the Buzzard took 16 handgun bullets before it smoked. Half of the Buzzard is just window as well, so it's hard not to shoot it. Of course you'll probably lose a little of your own health, but it makes the Buzzard tougher in general.

Which is pretty insane when you look at the two side by side.

Buzzard cause it's quicker . Sure you can spam missiles with the Savage . But that doesn't amount to hill of beans in a world with heat seeking missiles . When doing a mission would you use a fast car or city bus? Cause that's what it's like . Although the Savage is half off so get both. Buzzard first .

AeroAviation

I have both but the Buzzard is probably better because it wont be sent into critical state after 2 round of an AP pistol