2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Cocky players and their shortcuts

unicornace

I concede there are obviously heist setups that can be completed as a single player but there are some occasions where the shortcut is just ridiculous. I'm literally typing this as the time counts down in Pac Standard - Vans. The two Navigators jumped in their own PVs at the start leaving myself and the other driver just standing there. 6 minutes later and only two vans photographed I am AFC typing this to vent my frustration at the idiocy and selfishness of the general gameplaying community.

Oh ..well now one of the ramboing navigators has alerted a driver. One day left of Pac Standard and this is not a good start.

Can we all just agree that everybody is better that the next guy, your way is the best and your superiority is not in question and play the game roughly how its meant to be played?

Everybody wants to be a hero

but failed.

I admit I'm those guys who will do the Vans setup myself. But I grab the pics as fast as possible. But then again, me and my team are awesome guys anyway. So...

Retired Mafia

it keeps surprising me how stupid randoms can be

• Like 8

Sky_Light12

Everybody wants to be a hero

but failed.

I admit I'm those guys who will do the Vans setup myself. But I grab the pics as fast as possible. But then again, me and my team are awesome guys anyway. So...

ah , back in the old days

i done the same : because of slow access of snapmatic , i might be failed to take picture or even worse , accidentally hit the van while no way to stop it during black screen

Edited by Sky_Light12

Text them, "You guys are doing a great job. We'll be done in no time at this pace."

Actually 5 minutes in watching them drive in circles on the map I admit I was going a bit mental on the mic. Second time around I'm forced to be the passenger in the the navigators kuruma because he's "done this 4 times today and knows where all the vans are" ...3 minutes later we've failed again ...gonna be a long day.

Yea, that is the easiest way to do the Vans setup. You are going to have a hard time driving if the van is on the highway, under a bridge, etc.

The reason (most of the time) why Navigators go on their own is because it is an utter pain in the derriere for both parties, whereas if they drove theirselves, they wouldn't constantly have to make the driver either crash or brake at every corner.

#igetyourpoint #somethingsarefasterwhendonebythemselves

How is it possible to fail?

It's one of the easiest mission.

Just leave these noobs.

• Like 3

tenderronii

i feel u OP, all day yesterday..literally EVERYTIME i joined a Vans Setup..i was a driver and the navigators would either go off on their own alone, or drive off together..leaving me and the other driver left not knowing where the vans were..complete bullsh*t..can't tell lil trolls anything..it's "their way or the highway"..text they sent back to me...

btw..

i chose the highway.

:)

Edited by tenderronii

i always go alone as navigation :p

saves a lot of time and avoid some retards alerting the driver

Edited by mamoac
  • Like 2

Zoots Remuvah

I must admit, I was a bit guilty the other day during a Pac Standard convoy mission..

Been doing it with different people and wasn't quite sure what the order of business was...

So in the confusion, and in my pretty baked state, I jumped in the truck and floored it..

Was pretty fricking gutted when a merryweather Mesa forced me to take a detour in Grapeseed and I ended up damaging the truck jumping a ditch..

I literally failed with the barn in sight... >.<

• Like 2

easiest way is if both the navigators drive together (if the drivers like they can sit in the back)

that way one drives and the other takes the pictures

• Like 3

It is way easier and way faster if the navigators just do it themselves.

You were just playing with idiots.

The vans spawn in the same places every time. I don't even need the Trackify to find them.

CrysisAverted

for some reason I read the title as Cocky Players and their Short Cocks

I hate people telling me what to for the most part, and often enough they are absolutely terrible. Had one guy tell me about a short cut and told me to let him drive my f*cking armored kuruma, like srsly man I know but the f*cker was vapid, he wanted to use his shortcut which is no different than any other driving kuruma down the f*cking mountain.

fastest if everyone knows where the location of the cars are and head to them, slowest if you have a dumbass rear end you as you're taking a picture, even worse when you're not even a navigator and yet you're the only one taking pictures of vans and have everybody on your team get in your way as you're about to take a pic of the last van and the f*cking alert the driver!!!

Edited by CrysisAverted
  • Like 3

Zoots Remuvah

easiest way is if both the navigators drive together (if the drivers like they can sit in the back)

that way one drives and the other takes the pictures

Exactly...

If I'm hostiung, I generally take the bronze and let everyone else do the work..

It's a good time to use for toilet/refreshments/getting baked....

I concede there are obviously heist setups that can be completed as a single player but there are some occasions where the shortcut is just ridiculous. I'm literally typing this as the time counts down in Pac Standard - Vans. The two Navigators jumped in their own PVs at the start leaving myself and the other driver just standing there. 6 minutes later and only two vans photographed I am AFC typing this to vent my frustration at the idiocy and selfishness of the general gameplaying community.

Oh ..well now one of the ramboing navigators has alerted a driver. One day left of Pac Standard and this is not a good start.

Can we all just agree that everybody is better that the next guy, your way is the best and your superiority is not in question and play the game roughly how its meant to be played?

NO, no, no, you're wrong, use shortcuts, just do the short cuts properly. If you're heist leader take control of your own heist buddy and put yourself as navigator, don't let a random f*ck it up!

Drivers just get in the way, In case you hadn't realized they spawn in the same spots every time, i don't even use the tracking app anymore.

Also there's two more obvious short cuts:

Avi: go to the second sea sharks near where the finale finish point is, then you have the option of taking your own car

Hack: transporter get the van, others - take a kuruma and take out the enemies before the white van arrives easy.

Oh and good luck completing the Elite challenges without taking any shortcuts

• Like 2

It is way easier and way faster if the navigators just do it themselves.

You were just playing with idiots.

The vans spawn in the same places every time. I don't even need the Trackify to find them.

Completely true, just remember the spawn points and it's so easy, it's always the same van you have to take as well.

1st back of the golfclub

2nd near the beach

3rd near grove street

4th driving on the main road to the little tunnel in the direction of the main LSC, this is also the one you have to take ;)

Block hin slowly, no shooting and you can just pull him out

Literally takes 3min. Put second navigator on the passenger seat and don't use an armoured kuruma just car with normal windows.

Drivers don't need to do anything, just cash 50k at the end

Also with Avi, it's one of the easiest missions to do if you know how.

Only 1 person in the boat with him others stay on the jetski's at sea or on the island, they can do whatever they want except die.

Take the boat with Avi to the back(left) on the lake so you can start losing the cops, avoid the 1 helicopter that spawns and 20seconds later you have lost the cops. Go on land take streetcar or request PV and drop off Avi. Mission completed and +4min left on the clock.

Others don't need to get to the end points or even lose the cops, just stay alive. Cops won't follow you once you pas the middle of the lake.

As mentioned, always go for the 2nd set of jetski's or take a helicopter from the roof of the police station in the city makes it even more easy. Copter doesn't despawn after the cutscene neither do the cars on the beach.

• Like 2

Shadowfennekin

I know exactly how you feel OP though I'm guilty of going off by myself cause I KNOW I'll get done in 2-3 minutes.

Two people jumped into Navs and wouldn't f*ck off. I saw the level 200 and knew he probably knew what to do and saw the level 40 too. Messaged "Please go to Driver team" to the 40 guy..... minute later no answer, I say f*ck it and go to the sh*tty team myself.

I go right to the van we're stealing and sit behind it the whole time staking it out, the damn idiots had the timer go out..... level 220 didn't do sh*t.

The Drivers SHOULD be able to take pics as this is just ridiculous

I don't even know why there are 2 teams, I've done this mission near enough solo as a navigator, I just take off in my own car and take all the pics, saves me worrying about people f*cking up.

whywontyoulisten

I know exactly how you feel OP though I'm guilty of going off by myself cause I KNOW I'll get done in 2-3 minutes.

Two people jumped into Navs and wouldn't f*ck off. I saw the level 200 and knew he probably knew what to do and saw the level 40 too. Messaged "Please go to Driver team" to the 40 guy..... minute later no answer, I say f*ck it and go to the sh*tty team myself.

I go right to the van we're stealing and sit behind it the whole time staking it out, the damn idiots had the timer go out..... level 220 didn't do sh*t.

The Drivers SHOULD be able to take pics as this is just ridiculous

An idea: 4 people, 4 vans, with each person having Trackify, and only seeing the location of their own van (which is random). Thoughts?

• Like 3

CaptainMarvel

Instead of wasting time posting about it on this forum, just leave these "cocky" players. Why are you being a masochist by sticking around these people?

• Like 3

ninjaontour

What has me surprised me about this is that people seem to keep being surprised about it.

Surprising.

• Like 2

If I'm the navigator I'm going off and taking the photos myself. If I'm a driver I just idle and collect an easy pay day.

• Like 2

Non Fiction

If I'm the navigator I'm going off and taking the photos myself. If I'm a driver I just idle and collect an easy pay day.

Exactly. Why risk messing the mission up because you got bored? I do the samething when I'm navigating cuz I KNOW where all the vans are and can complete the mission in under 5mins. Some people need to learn when to just take a back seat to certain missions and relax.

CarimboHanky

vans is a 2 player mission, drivers have no business there...

just stay there afk and collect some easy money.

Basically this is what i do too and if i get bored i just play around with my bmx bike.