3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

SAxVCxLC - VC and LC in San Andreas

PlatinumSerb

Clara
39 minutes ago, artginPL said:

My suggestion is to create a new thread for this new version of the map. And move the last few posts to a new thread. Currently there is too much confusion here. 

Yes, it's already been 2 pages about the subject. Sorry for the confusion I caused. Feel free to ask a moderator to delete the posts.
I'll stop posting stuff here, and will cease the development of my custom version of this mod. So theres no need to create a new thread.

I'm really feeling bad for this. I didn't realized that I was messing up this thread. I didn't wanted to bother anyone. Sorry.

Edited by Clara
  • Like 1
daniel_dude
1 hour ago, Clara said:

Yes, it's already been 2 pages about the subject. Sorry for the confusion I caused. Feel free to ask a moderator to delete the posts.
I'll stop posting stuff here, and will cease the development of my custom version of this mod. So theres no need to create a new thread.

I'm really feeling bad for this. I didn't realized that I was messing up this thread. I didn't wanted to bother anyone. Sorry.

Nah, it ain't your fault or anybody else. At least we brought up some life and discussion in an very low activity and borderline dead topic. It has been a while since this topic saw this kind of discussion.

Don't stop working at your stuff, they' are awesome. Look at the likes your posts gained, those folks appreciated your mods. And anyway where should we talk about a SAxVCxLC mod other than in it's thread? This mod isn't big enough like DYOM or Underground to have it's own subsection, plus the forum rules doesn't say anything about this. Lasty, I would agree with it if this was a popular topic which people wrote in it every hour, but since it's not that popular and like I said above almost dead sometimes at least we brought some active discussion and life into it.

Edited by daniel_dude
  • Like 8
CyberRock

I suggest a Discord server, that way people who has thoughts and opinions can discuss them freely in certain channels and others who only want to keep up with the development can have a changelog channel. But at the end what's the purpose of this thread if it's not for the discussion about the mod itself. If the devs feel this subject becoming spammy (which isn't imo), a poll is the right thing to do, opinions are shared with votes in a less messy way.

• Like 1
PlatinumSerb
12 hours ago, Clara said:

SAxVCxLC -  All Cities Connected 0.2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DmSk4vSB_FrbFdDIYSL2rohoT6SZZ4b8/view?usp=sharing

It's still incomplete. Things left to move: paths, water.dat, WLE_SAxVCxIII.SA.asi, ZoneUpdatesSAxVCxLC.asi, fullseabed.ipl

Installation: Throw the folder at modloader

Render in-game:

UtG8Kou.png

Comparison with the Daniel's map:

Xk2h5JA.png

This is the final position. No further edits will be made.

The game default draw distance hide the cities, so you can't see VC LC while on SA and vice versa.

The distance between the cities is about 1000 meters.

SAxVCxLC - Teleport mods

Attention: Each mod has two versions. One for the regular and one for our map.

Here's a teleport mod created by Junior_Djjr. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v3gXbrO33P4yHGDo2JL13g6YvBeex42A/view?usp=sharing

3ka0Bf3.png

bIAcNL2.png

Here's a simpler teleport menu made by me (base script by: RaverDave). Hit ''6'' and select the area.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EV8EAkeTcO5tjlqPAsNMmt3FDsOn_FLl/view?usp=sharing

yHue5Zr.png

Feel free to add those scripts on the next version of the mod.

Great work! This is really good! When I was actively working on the MTA version of the mod(around 2016) I ran into an MTA limitation where things would not be synched past ~6000x/y so to get around this I created a custom gtaM.dat(loaded only by MTA launcher) and ipl + radar.img files that moved the map to  5250/-5250. Both @goodidea82 and myself were working on scripts to make moving the map customizable by users. I'm not sure how far goodidea got with his scripts, but mine are able to move the maps + paths(using a tool made by @Swoorup and assuming you're moving in increments of 750). I didn't even attempt to move the water or radar through my scripts, but I'm fairly sure goodidea was working on this. I can take a look and see if I can dig them up and share.

7 hours ago, Clara said:

No don't stop, what you are doing is essentially what the initial purpose of this mod was - to provide a base for others to build on. Having your own topic for your work would allow it to get the attention it deserves and not be sandwiched between @artginPL's and others updates to the base mod. Keep up the great work, I'm really enjoying the updates!

• Like 7
Grinch_

Looks really good @Clara, keep it up.

I haven't kept up with all the discussion but is it being merged with the SAxVCxLC project or it gonna be a separate? I'd personally prefer it to be a part of it tbh. It'd ensure future updates don't collide with each other.

eagle152

Great, now need someone to make bridges :)

Clara

I wasn't planning to make thousands of posts here. In fact, I would only post here once I finished moving all that was left. I only made 6 posts here, they were just to let people know what I'm doing, and their suggestions helped me to improve the cities positions. I don't like the idea of show progress in hundreds of posts. I preffer do a lot of things and release all at once (already released two versions).

My boyfriend made a thread on his forum, here's the link if anyone interessed. I'm not participating there and I have no plans to make a thread here. I don't really want to lead a project of this size. For me this was only a weekend funny project.
Since there's only a few things left, I decided to finish the mod. At moment I already finished moving the water.dat and next will move the path. The addition of bridges and landmasses probably won't will be made by me, so I'll keep it open to anyone that wants to colaborate.

From now I'll stop commenting on this thread and will stop to share my mods for SAxVCxLC here (or it's ok to share? / Anyway, I can still share them privately to anyone that wishes). Once again, I don't want to bother anyone with my posts here. Sorry again for all this mess.

I made a discord server, but don't expect much activity from me. There you guys can start to add the landmasses and bridges. https://discord.gg/9CffvPSQP7

Edited by Clara
  • Like 4
fastman92
6 hours ago, PlatinumSerb said:

Great work! This is really good! When I was actively working on the MTA version of the mod(around 2016) I ran into an MTA limitation where things would not be synched past ~6000x/y so to get around this I created a custom gtaM.dat(loaded only by MTA launcher) and ipl + radar.img files that moved the map to  5250/-5250. Both @goodidea82 and myself were working on scripts to make moving the map customizable by users. I'm not sure how far goodidea got with his scripts, but mine are able to move the maps + paths(using a tool made by @Swoorup and assuming you're moving in increments of 750). I didn't even attempt to move the water or radar through my scripts, but I'm fairly sure goodidea was working on this. I can take a look and see if I can dig them up and share.

No don't stop, what you are doing is essentially what the initial purpose of this mod was - to provide a base for others to build on. Having your own topic for your work would allow it to get the attention it deserves and not be sandwiched between @artginPL's and others updates to the base mod. Keep up the great work, I'm really enjoying the updates!

The FLA for the time being has got some compatibility for different limits - ID limits, world sector limits. That's a result of recent work.

What's still missing to do:
- vehicle ID synchronization. MTA protocol change, vehicle ID is saved as uint8_t, model ID - 400.

artginPL

The latest version SAxVCxLC (containing, among others, all the weapons from GTA III and GTA VC) will release in late January and early February.

• Like 8
artginPL

A few screenshots of progress.

Spoiler

111jpg_qqswhap.jpg

222jpg_qqswhar.jpg

333jpg_qqswhax.jpg

444jpg_qqswhan.jpg

gallery1j_qqswhae.jpg

• Like 10

You are doing an amazing job. It is thanks to you this modification is the best of all.

• Like 1
artginPL

All unique stunt jumps from GTA III and GTA VC are already added.

Spoiler

1jpg_qqsshww.jpg

2jpg_qqsshws.jpg

3jpg_qqsshwa.jpg

4jpg_qqsshwq.jpg

• Like 8
  • YEE 1
GaryRoachSanderson

Today I modelled some custom landmass in 3dsmax for SAxVCxLC with some shallow waters and small islands around the 3 stilt houses in Vice City (in game dff names are stiltsville1, stiltsville03, and stiltsville05), because by default they look weird like some houses just floating on the water not connected to the ground. This is understandable because in VC engine you can't swim so R* did not waste time on underwater stuff that much, so I create some landmass so that the stilt houses are connected to the ground.

The landmass itself is properly connected to the VC seabed so that it doesn't look like a "floating island" in the middle of the water by itself. The water is shallow enough on many parts of the new landmass that you could walk between the islands and the stilt houses without swimming much. I added vegetation to give it some life too. I'm using a plant mod (BSOR) but it should look fine with default SA vegetation models. The landmass also has proper prelighting (bright in the day and dark at night) and vertex alpha for grass/rocks texture.

WkC1nEQ.png

T7lHQHM.png

With ENBSeries it looks like a tropical paradise! 😄

d2QZdoe.png

V6Tn3na.png

I plan to add some custom aquatic plants for more realism once I have the time.

If anyone is interested in trying this mod I made, just let me know and I will share the GDrive link here. 🙂

• Like 9
Laowaiboss
On 1/18/2021 at 9:58 AM, GaryRoachSanderson said:

Today I modelled some custom landmass in 3dsmax for SAxVCxLC with some shallow waters and small islands around the 3 stilt houses in Vice City (in game dff names are stiltsville1, stiltsville03, and stiltsville05), because by default they look weird like some houses just floating on the water not connected to the ground. This is understandable because in VC engine you can't swim so R* did not waste time on underwater stuff that much, so I create some landmass so that the stilt houses are connected to the ground.

The landmass itself is properly connected to the VC seabed so that it doesn't look like a "floating island" in the middle of the water by itself. The water is shallow enough on many parts of the new landmass that you could walk between the islands and the stilt houses without swimming much. I added vegetation to give it some life too. I'm using a plant mod (BSOR) but it should look fine with default SA vegetation models. The landmass also has proper prelighting (bright in the day and dark at night) and vertex alpha for grass/rocks texture.

WkC1nEQ.png

T7lHQHM.png

With ENBSeries it looks like a tropical paradise! 😄

d2QZdoe.png

V6Tn3na.png

I plan to add some custom aquatic plants for more realism once I have the time.

If anyone is interested in trying this mod I made, just let me know and I will share the GDrive link here. 🙂

Wow, what ENB are you using? It looks incredible!

• Like 4
artginPL

GTA SAxVCxLC V1.2 HAS BEEN RELEASED !!!

Below is a link to GTA SAxVCxLC V1.2

DOWNLOAD

Before installing, please read the ReadMe. Make sure you have 'gta_sa.exe' version 1.0 US HOODLUM (14 383 616 bytes).

SAxVCxLC V1.2 CHANGELOG:

- added all weapons from GTA III and GTA VC (including hud icons from this games)
    - added all unique stunt jumps from GTA III and GTA VC
    - added ability to buy weapons in Ammu-Nations and Hardware Stores in LC and VC
    - added all pickup icons from GTA III and GTA VC
    - added CLEO+ version 1.0.7
    - updated CLEO library to version 4.4.0
    - removed SilentPatch (because it wasn't required for the mod to work)
    - removed WidescreenFix (because it wasn't required for the mod to work)
    - removed HD water texture (because it wasn't required for the mod to work)
    - moved 'ZONE UPDATES', 'WANTED LEVEL EDITOR' and 'LC COP HELI MEGAPHONE' to optional mods (due to unsolved bugs they cause and lack of contact with author)
    - added a Statue of Liberty to optional mods
    - added a few new options in SAxVCxLC.ini - you must check it out!

Have fun ☺️

• Like 9
Clara
2 hours ago, artginPL said:

added ability to buy weapons in Ammu-Nations and Hardware Stores in LC and VC

Was the code taken from this mod?
The code is clearly the same but edited. It's not credited.

• Like 5
artginPL
21 hours ago, Clara said:

Was the code taken from this mod?
The code is clearly the same but edited. It's not credited.

Can you point out these similarities? Most of the code comes from my very old mod. Only reading ammo amount comes from some modification or website (I don't remember exactly but it is possible that this is from this modification). Rather, I mention everyone who has a larger share of mod.

5 hours ago, santosvagos said:

Does the new update support previous version save files ?

Old saves will work, but some new functions may not work (like unique jumps).

Edited by artginPL
  • Like 3
Garpown

I have been messing around with the new version and found some bugs.

There are 2 critical bugs.

1. If you pause and start a new game, the water is mostly gone. Trying to go to VC or LC, you will notice after sailing a bit, there is no more water and you just fall off the map. Other areas with water also seem to be gone. (example in the last picture of the imgur link)

2. Vice City's Faggio has audio bugs. Sometimes it is mute.

Now for minor bugs:

https://imgur.com/a/9kCT68C

Pic 1 - Police Heli seems to be missing the blue texture

Pic 2 - Stadium gates texture is still corrupt

Pic 3 - Incorrectly spawned grass

Pic 4 - Police boat is jumpy. Something is wrong with it. It's very difficult to get in.

Pic 5 - Incorrectly spawned grass

Pic 6 - Incorrectly spawned grass

Pic 7 - Backfaceculling bug. I think I mentioned these a while ago.

Pic 8 - Window glitch

Pic 9 - Incorrectly spawned shadow? Or they're just too strong and it looks off.

Pic 10 - Transparency bug

Pic 11 - Invisible window

Pic 12 - Incorrectly spawned grass

Pic 13 - Invisible door windows

Pic 14 - Transparency bugs on trees. This issue seems to be present in many trees.

Pic 15 - Reflection/window bug?

Pic 16 - Reflection/window bug?

Pic 17 - Weird bug. The Mall definitely needs some love, it has a couple of bugs. For some reason, the blue sky reflects inside it.

Pic 18 - Reflection bug

Pic 19 - Missing LOD texture

Pic 20 - You can't go up the stairs unless you jump. Collision issue.

Pic 21 - Glitched texture

Pic 22 - Glitched texture

Pic 23 - Camera has no collision inside the WC

Pic 24 - Water is poorly positioned?

Pic 25 - Missing windows

Pic 26 - Transparency bug on the trees

Also, a suggestion. Why not use the uncompressed neon textures mod? It would make VC and LV look better. And finally, I didn't add a pic but I believe the Malibu club is missing the pink neon at night.

• Like 4
Clara
6 hours ago, artginPL said:

Can you point out these similarities? Most of the code comes from my very old mod. Only reading ammo amount comes from some modification or website (I don't remember exactly but it is possible that this is from this modification). Rather, I mention everyone who has a larger share of mod.

Ks02II3.png

-

vGLwYSA.png

-

4WOnbMZ.png

-

WzNpkSJ.png

-

aVowLyY.png

-

DZW0gW1.png

-

xjs8Hpo.png

6 hours ago, artginPL said:

Most of the code comes from my very old mod

You are lying. You took the script from another mod, edited and lied saying that its ''from your old mod''.
Both scripts clearly use the same structure and in other parts, even the same order of opcodes lines, and worse, even the same specific arguments for each line, as the menu position is exactly the same numbers as the mod (and neither are in main.scm).
Another interesting detail is that you say it came from an old mod of yours, but your script was fully built using CLEO+ in consideration, all that CLEO+ provides, even recently released.

Edited by Clara
  • Like 8
  • KEKW 2
  • excuseme 2
artginPL
7 hours ago, Clara said:

Ks02II3.png

-

vGLwYSA.png

-

4WOnbMZ.png

-

WzNpkSJ.png

-

aVowLyY.png

-

DZW0gW1.png

-

xjs8Hpo.png

You are lying. You took the script from another mod, edited and lied saying that its ''from your old mod''.
Both scripts clearly use the same structure and in other parts, even the same order of opcodes lines, and worse, even the same specific arguments for each line, as the menu position is exactly the same numbers as the mod (and neither are in main.scm).
Another interesting detail is that you say it came from an old mod of yours, but your script was fully built using CLEO+ in consideration, all that CLEO+ provides, even recently released.

You got me a bit wrong. I just mean that I didn't write this code based on this modification. The code is really from my old modification. Later, I just used the modification you provided to fix the code. Indeed I used more lines than I thought before. I will post a new ReadMe with credits for the author soon. Sorry.

10 hours ago, Garpown said:

There are 2 critical bugs.

1. If you pause and start a new game, the water is mostly gone. Trying to go to VC or LC, you will notice after sailing a bit, there is no more water and you just fall off the map. Other areas with water also seem to be gone. (example in the last picture of the imgur link)

2. Vice City's Faggio has audio bugs. Sometimes it is mute.

Now for minor bugs:

https://imgur.com/a/9kCT68C

Pic 1 - Police Heli seems to be missing the blue texture

Pic 2 - Stadium gates texture is still corrupt

Pic 3 - Incorrectly spawned grass

Pic 4 - Police boat is jumpy. Something is wrong with it. It's very difficult to get in.

Pic 5 - Incorrectly spawned grass

Pic 6 - Incorrectly spawned grass

Pic 7 - Backfaceculling bug. I think I mentioned these a while ago.

Pic 8 - Window glitch

Pic 9 - Incorrectly spawned shadow? Or they're just too strong and it looks off.

Pic 10 - Transparency bug

Pic 11 - Invisible window

Pic 12 - Incorrectly spawned grass

Pic 13 - Invisible door windows

Pic 14 - Transparency bugs on trees. This issue seems to be present in many trees.

Pic 15 - Reflection/window bug?

Pic 16 - Reflection/window bug?

Pic 17 - Weird bug. The Mall definitely needs some love, it has a couple of bugs. For some reason, the blue sky reflects inside it.

Pic 18 - Reflection bug

Pic 19 - Missing LOD texture

Pic 20 - You can't go up the stairs unless you jump. Collision issue.

Pic 21 - Glitched texture

Pic 22 - Glitched texture

Pic 23 - Camera has no collision inside the WC

Pic 24 - Water is poorly positioned?

Pic 25 - Missing windows

Pic 26 - Transparency bug on the trees

Also, a suggestion. Why not use the uncompressed neon textures mod? It would make VC and LV look better. And finally, I didn't add a pic but I believe the Malibu club is missing the pink neon at night.

Thanks for this information.

• Like 5
LegendMihai
I would have some suggestions for the mod.

1. There is a bug in PNS and 8ball, if you get into them you get a crash, it would be good if you could fix them

2. It would be very useful if you could do a fast mode of transport from LC and VC to SA, preferably if you could do a script to be able to fly from one airport to another.

3.In the malibu , it would be good if you could add dance npc and background music, it would bring a much more pleasant atmosphere, also if possible, to be able to put the possibility to dance because it is inside to the others bars.

4.If you could add fast food in LC and VC, because it doesn't exist, it would be super good.

From my point of view, points 1,2 and 4 are the biggest shortcomings of SAxVCxLC at the moment, excluding minor bugs.

I would very much like the authors to consider this wonderful way of my opinions, I want to see them implemented, especially since they would facilitate more activities in the 2 islands.

Edited by LegendMihai
  • Like 3
artginPL

In the next version will be added air transport between all cities and train and subway in LC.

Spoiler

gallery2j_qqahnpe.jpg

Edited by artginPL
  • Like 6
Clara

I realized that you are using the radar icons made by ''yojo2'' without credit him on the readme of 1.2

On the left is the textures made by yojo2, on the right is the texture from saxvcxlc.

4kTOuRs.png

Also, you did a terrible and unnecessary upscale that basically destroyed the icons.

In some icons you used DXT1 which is wrong, it should be dxt5. As you can see on the image above the icons of SAxVCxLC have those strange black outlines, this was caused by the DXT1 compression. Not to mention that icons on this resolution appear aliased in-game. The resolution cap should be 32x32 anything above that is aliased .

-

Also, the radio script is from the first releases of ATP? the ''radio_off'' icon is strangely similar...

Edited by Clara
  • Like 1
  • excuseme 1
artginPL
5 hours ago, Clara said:

I realized that you are using the radar icons made by ''yojo2'' without credit him on the readme of 1.2

On the left is the textures made by yojo2, on the right is the texture from saxvcxlc.

4kTOuRs.png

Also, you did a terrible and unnecessary upscale that basically destroyed the icons.

In some icons you used DXT1 which is wrong, it should be dxt5. As you can see on the image above the icons of SAxVCxLC have those strange black outlines, this was caused by the DXT1 compression. Not to mention that icons on this resolution appear aliased in-game. The resolution cap should be 32x32 anything above that is aliased .

-

Also, the radio script is from the first releases of ATP? the ''radio_off'' icon is strangely similar...

You should know that I did not make everything. I got the radar files from one of the users. I got it in such form as it is, I do not scaled it. Also, I didn't get any information about the author, so it wasn't given in ReadMe. Of course, I will complete this information. If you have better icons, I'd appreciate sharing them. 

The radio script was written by me from scratch. I really don't know the ATP script. I wrote this script over 4 years ago for version 0.8. Radio stations logo textures were not made by me. I got them from another user.

Below, I have listed all the files made by me:

Files made completely by me:

SAxVCxLC.ini

SAxVCxLC.fxt

carglc.dat

cargvc.dat

pedglc.dat

pedgvc.dat

timeclc.dat

timecvc.dat

LCVC_enex.ipl

Original files and FLA files customized by me:

carcols.dat

carmods.dat

default.ide

gtasa_melee_config.dat

gtasa_radarBlipSpriteFilenames.dat

gtasa_trainTypeCarriages.dat

gtasa_vehicleAudioSettings.cfg

gtasa_weapon_config.dat

handling.cfg

melee.dat

model_special_features.dat

peds.ide

vehicles.ide

weapon.dat

Below are the authors of all scripts:

Radar Icons - by artginPL

Popcycle zone group - by PlatinumSerb

Gangs - by artginPL

Save Points - by artginPL

Reload - by artginPL

License Plates - by Jack

Water - by PlatinumSerb

Blips - by artginPL

Light Beams - by chaosbginwenrealityend with customization by artginPL

VC Army Base - by artginPL

Infernus - by artginPL

Ammo Hardware - by artginPL using part of CLEO code from Tools Shop mod

Radio - by artginPL

Pickups - by PlatinumSerb with customization by artginPL

Unique Stunt Jumps - by artginPL

Restarts - by PlatinumSerb

Parked Vehicles - by PlatinumSerb with customization by artginPL

Unlocked SA - by artginPL

• Like 5
lockout18yt

So, I don't think it's compatible with the gta v Hud by dk22pac yet. I tested it myself and it crashed. Any fixes?

• Like 1
artginPL

Train and subway from GTA III are already added. Below are some screenshots.

Spoiler

1jpg_qqarnas.jpg

2jpg_qqarnaa.jpg

3jpg_qqarnaq.jpg

4jpg_qqarnqp.jpg

5jpg_qqarnqh.jpg

• Like 4
eagle152

Cool. And they actually stop in stations?

chaosbginwenrealityend
On 1/28/2021 at 3:59 PM, Garpown said:

I documented your bug list as far as map related issues. Thanks for finding these. I had already found some of those myself and fixed them but didn't get them in for the last version due to some technical difficulties I had.

The LC stadium gates are still a mystery. I perused every SA game .ide file and documented all the .ide flags SA uses and I know I have tried most if not all them just to see if it would render like in gta3 but no dice. It is possible something is missing in the LC diff importer thats needed for this particular object.

About bugs - info and a general update what I been working on.

The original VC port from this mod is technically not a true SA port as those .dffs are version 0x1003FFFF vs 0x1803FFFF for SA according to RWAnalyse herein 1003 and 1803, however, this difference is not fatal and works just fine. I have tried in the past to fix many things in VC and did a few which ya'll now have so long as the prelight for my newly SA exported model did not clash to much with the version 1003 nearby one. In other words, the version 1003 does not have NVC (night vertex colors) while the SA models do. Inside a VC .dff it has an extension Sky Mipmap Val which I think does something with prelight but the SA .dffs don't have this although it does appear that SA supports it; otherwise all the VC objects would be bright at night as if not having NVC. So now if I were to put a version 1803 next to a version 1003 one, there will be a noticable difference because the two prelight schemes are different although I have come up with a formula to get reasonably close.

To my knowledge, there is no way to disable back face culling on an original VC game while on SA there are two .ide flags: 2097152 (no alpha) and 2097156 if the object uses alpha. There are other flags that one can add to these for other needs in a combination, however, theres no combination to fix the rendering bugs described next: On version 1003 (VC-original) many objects use a double set of polygons on objects that need to be viewed from both sides. SA uses one layer and sets the .ide flag. On models like buldings and sometimes pavement, where it gives an effect like 'dirt', 'oil', 'grease' or some other type of effect, SA at least as far as what I've seen, will separate this alpha mask/polygon layer from the models as a separate object and usually append the .dff name with an 'A' to signify its an alpha mask. Both LC and VC original .dffs incorporate both the model and alpha mask as one object and now this where we will get the bugs when we convert and port to SA because now you need 2 different .ide flags but we can only use one. When I converted and did the new LC port, I went back and did this separation of alpha masks as a new object and now you can see the difference this made because now we can use the right flags for both. I just didn't get all of them as Garpown found one. This very same thing has to be done for VC and I have already started. Even on original VC engine some of these didn't look right.

For those new or who don't know, SA has what been termed the 'alpha bug' in that certain vegetation, mostly seen on trees like Garpown had photographed, is the transparency seen around the edges - an original *R bug. I don't know if this effects everyone or just certain PCs. On mine I have it mostly out in the countryside like near Blueberry but in other places too in SA. To my knowledge, there is no fix for this. I think this bug also effects certain window glass with dirt blotches because I ran into this seemingly similar bug with doing LC and finally came up with my own fix for it. I just forgot to try it with the bistro as Garpown showed.

Converting VC to SA has even more problems than LC, but thankfully are overcome-just not easy and very time consuming. I have already done a new VC port to SA on my own custom version because personally I wanted a darker prelight color scheme at night to accent the neons and 2dfx lighting I had done, plus I had some time ago made all interiors but the mall non-teleport with working doors and also CJ can also see out the windows to the outside like in the Vercetti Estate and the bank. I wanted to match the surrounding area to the interiors exterior shells prelight I had to modify so I decided to make it all consistant.  For all these type of testing I did so with my slightly modified SA timecyc because I wanted to see what this would look like with original SA color themes from the timecyc. I found out that there are 3 buildings in Haiti that did not like the conversion and did crash the engine straight away when I approached. I know when the objects col and objects pivot are not aligned or excessive col face count will cause this but that wasn't case for these 3 low poly buildings. Not only that, but there appears to be 'something' in the original VC .dffs that no 3ds max importer saves so what one gets from a SA exported .dff is a bugged layer of polygons which looks to me like bugged UV mapping but only on the alpha layer. 3ds max doesn't show there being a 2nd UV map channel. I had already been down this road once before a long time ago so I knew how to fix it but again, time consuming process. If memory serves, I think I even got this same bug with PS2 models as I had done an exhaustive amount of experimentation. It is most noticable on railings and fences but I have seen this on some buildings and also the satelite dishes too. It happens wherever there is an alpha mask it seems. A work around I found that works well is I had converted the VCS map and ported all the neons so I replaced the crashy ones with VCS ones and I think these look so much better anyway. At that juncture, I wanted to see if one could intergrate some more VCS models to replace the bugged ones so to eliminate the tedious process of having to fix the bugged VC ones. I find the VCS models used all three RGB channels in different variations whereas the VC ones are all set to 0 so some minor adjustment is sometimes required. In comparison, I think *R had saw the alpha mask blunder on VC and so these double faces are not present in VCS models but the flip of the coin is now I have to hand build the .txds for the models replaced because the converter tool doesn't contain the same texture names as the VC ones.  

Another purpose of doing the new port was to bring in ped attractors and all the other ambience that SA has similar to what I had done in LC - but much more like animated cranes and airport radar which I can do via object built-in animation. Doing alot of this requires modifing in 3ds max for additions like dummies and omnies which again, I could never match the .dffs prelight from the current VC ones to my new ones. One poster above mentioned some of this so all I can say at this point is just be patient and it all may come. Except for the animated objects which I am currently working on, I have already accomplished everything else ambient wise in mine a long time ago. I detached all the vc pizza parlor booths from all parlors and made one booth into a ped attractor so now all VC pizza places have peds eating pizza. I simillarily made the Malibu table and chairs ped attractors so now peds eat pizza at the Malibu while watching CJ (or with girlfriend) impress them with his dancing. The strip club I have mostly done but never showed photos of it due to its graphic nature. What would need be discussed is how to impliment it because all my scripts are in main.scm as externals with a main thread like INTMAN that calls them when needed, and work with other externals exactly the same way *R did theirs and all work flawless. I also replaced the 'unused' audio in 'ambience' audio bank with VC mall, strip, malibu and hotel and has never failed. Even though my main is 'stripped' I kept all the side missions and all externals plus Catalinas missions which I made replayable, lowrider and a modified Lifes a Beach to have another place to take girlfriends dancing. I know for a fact that adding the aforementioned to a non-modified main they will in no way interfere with the integrety of playing the game start to finish. I think I posted some photos about this a few pages ago.

• Like 2