3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

SAxVCxLC - VC and LC in San Andreas

PlatinumSerb

On 12/31/2020 at 10:43 AM, Morningstar666 said:

I believe that it would not be difficult to model a large mass of land with highways connecting the problem, it would be that it would give a little work to texture
and also the most difficult would be how to know the distance between the exact maps would have to be imported maybe some parts of the map to the used program to have a reference or minimap in full scale

I know that but I think it would be need only some landmasses (not too much) to connect the bridges. Using as basis an old map sketch, I made a sample by my own to show how I think the map could look in the final results using landmasses for the connection. 

Observation: I used an old sketch idea as basis to create my own sketch idea. And of corse I am considering the same cities coordinates of the last release. If the coordinates from VC and LC became nearest to SA, then less landmasses will be needed to be created. So the closer the cities became from each other, less landmasses of corse and less work to do. 

So just a sample of an idea to show how the map somehow could maybe look, if using the last same coordinates of the cities:

PpnB7vQ.jpg

Edited by TKat
  • Like 2

What if, instead of creating these lengthy bridges or massive landscape, you created a ferry system?

Think about it, put ferry piers at each port of entry, in LS Docks, in SF Docks, at the docks south of LV, at Vice Port and Portland Docks, I'm talking about the type of ferries that carry cars. Get on board while in your vehicle or on foot, menu pops up, choose destination like at the airport, pay small fee, fade to black, teleport to your destination while keeping the vehicle you're in.

Might be the most realistic solution, both in game and in terms of workload for you than modeling an entire landscape.

Hi everyone, I wonder if the next update would support skygfx and airport systems between cities ?

Edited by santosvagos
On 1/1/2021 at 7:39 AM, Laowaiboss said:

What if, instead of creating these lengthy bridges or massive landscape, you created a ferry system?

Think about it, put ferry piers at each port of entry, in LS Docks, in SF Docks, at the docks south of LV, at Vice Port and Portland Docks, I'm talking about the type of ferries that carry cars. Get on board while in your vehicle or on foot, menu pops up, choose destination like at the airport, pay small fee, fade to black, teleport to your destination while keeping the vehicle you're in.

Might be the most realistic solution, both in game and in terms of workload for you than modeling an entire landscape.

I believe that you can also create this along with some landmass and bridges. 

For modeling the landmass to conect the cities I believe there will be NOT a need for modeling too hard the land. The only purpose of the lands will be making a connection between the cities, so the player can travel by car to them. So in my opinion there will be NOT a need for spent time with textures for example, only very very few textures (even in low quality) will be needed (for example you can use only one texture for almost entire landmass parts). And very few objects would be needed to create this (besides the grounds parts only some trees or another thing maybe). The scene can just be simple, with simple landscape. Nothing more.

Using the last sketch basis, I did another sketchs schemes. Because I thought the last one I sent was a bit large. The first one would be modeling with independent islands connecting the cities. Its size would be less than a half of san andreas state:

1wPWF5V.jpeg

The second would be one landmass with independent bridges connecting all the cities. This landmass would be also less than a half of san andreas state size (as it is showed in a comparison with san andreas state in the red square):

NwN7Kke.jpg

The last one I did it according to a new coordinate that make it much closer between the cities, but not united (as already mentioned here). So in this case a much smaller landmass would be needed to connect the cities. Its size would be equivalent to the size of los santos and red county (as it is showed in the red square):

UysKJbE.jpg

Well, I still think that if the idea of creating bridges go ahead, there should be some landmass to connect the bridges. However, it is up to all of you involved with the project to decide how the project will be.

• Like 2

Since we are throwing map concepts around of how we should unite these maps with having little landmass as possible, I present to you all my concept map.

GL7A9um.png

DISCLAIMER:

I took the map from the Underground mod simply because it was the only one to be in high resolution, unlike the map that was made for SAxVCxLC. I take no credit for the SA-styled Liberty City or Vice City maps, I only made them together closer and I also made little modifications to adapt them more for this concept.

What I made is moving Liberty City and Vice City really close to the San Andreas island, then I modified the eastern side of the SA map to have some small variations so the map doesn't look too squared and also so the bridges doesn't get extremely long. Then I expanded the north-west part of the Vice City, so a highway can go to the roads nearby the Stadium. For Liberty City, I expanded the western side of it so it can house a highway that links SA to LC. Both cities are connected with the Los Santos - Las Venturas highway. To the northern side of Liberty City, I scrapped the GTA III idea of the Upstate Tunnel, and I took the one from Liberty City Stories. Then I expanded it to then have a turn on the left so it could connect to Las Venturas. I also added an extra road that links both roads on the coast of Liberty City, so it connects both roads and gives more countryside roads to the player.

In Vice City I copied Dillimore in the new land just to showcase how you can fit a small city in there, doesn't mean it needs to be a 1:1 copy of Dillimore.

I also added some extras in this map, I threw in some islands so the player can explore them by boat or plane, thus giving them some actual use in San Andreas. I also added a small island with an airport between Liberty City and Vice City, so that airplanes can land or takeoff, if you ever wanted to land on an island before also giving more airport choices to the player. I also expanded the rail system and connected them to both Vice City and Liberty City. You can keep the normal San Andreas rail roads, and then add an extra one linking to one of those cities like the extra paths that are already present in SA, for example like the one that leads to the docks in San Fierro, so that then a railroad switch mod can let the player choose to go LC/VC or use the normal railroad.

Finally, I made those maps closer, giving the map border limit from the menu not huge like it's right now, but with a rectangular shape, similar to San Andreas.

By using my concept, the actual work done on creating the landmasses should not be too much, since it's mostly edits to the existing islands (and mostly to creating those islands, which are optional anyway). Plus it gives a reason to create new highways without being extremely long or over the sea. Also the default San Andreas fog should masks those cities so the player can't actually see them from one island to another.

Just my 2 cents about this idea.

• Like 6
2 hours ago, daniel_dude said:

Since we are throwing map concepts around of how we should unite these maps with having little landmass as possible, I present to you all my concept map.

GL7A9um.png

What about a ferry between the docks of the three cities to move military grade and large vehicles? 

Btw great concept I love it, my only concern is the viewing distance.

Edited by CyberRock
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, santosvagos said:

Hi everyone, I wonder if the next update would support skygfx and airport systems between cities ?

Skygfx support - I didn't think about it at all.

Airport systems - not yet in the next version.

Below is the current list of changes already made in version 1.2:

- added all LC and VC weapons (including hud icons from this games),

- added the ability to buy weapons in Ammu-Nations and Hardware Stores in LC and VC,

- added CLEO+,

- updated CLEO library,

- removed SilentPatch (because it wasn't required for the mod to work),

- removed WidescreenFix (because it wasn't required for the mod to work),

- removed HD water texture (because it wasn't required for the mod to work),

- added a few new optional modifications.

1 minute ago, artginPL said:

Skygfx support - I didn't think about it at all.

Airport systems - not yet in the next version.

Below is the current list of changes already made in version 1.2:

- added all LC and VC weapons (including hud icons from this games),

- added the ability to buy weapons in Ammu-Nations and Hardware Stores in LC and VC,

- added CLEO+,

- updated CLEO library,

- removed SilentPatch (because it wasn't required for the mod to work),

- removed WidescreenFix (because it wasn't required for the mod to work),

- removed HD water texture (because it wasn't required for the mod to work),

- added a few new optional modifications.

Can we have a look at the weapons?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, daniel_dude said:

I made an improved version of it. I simplified it a lot more, so it should be more easier and doable to actually create it.

msJIP0B.png

In this version I made it simplier by removing the islands and just making it barebones to the modeler. The new landmasses are really small to create in comparison to the other one, and apart of the northern side of Vice City and Liberty City, the other ones should be more or less editing of existing land. I threw in some optional stuff, such as an island under the San Andreas - Vice City bridge to be a support of the bridge itself, but you can delete it and have a bridge without it like the Gant Bridge of San Fierro. I also added a city on the northern side of Liberty City, which is again a double copy of Dillimore, just to showcase that you can fit a medium sized city there. Regarding the railways I made it that it only goes to Liberty City's airport, which could be an optional rail track which can be accessed with a track switch mod, like I said in my post before. These three things I said can be optional and can be removed if necessary. I also took the liberty to delete the eastern landmass of Liberty City, since it was only present in the minimap and not even present in the game.

Hopefully this can be a good base for any potential modeler which wants to connect those islands close to each other.

I made a quick showcase which new landmass should be modeled in the spoiler below. The gray map is the already existing one, while the colored one is the one to be made. Once again, thanks to GTA Underground for using their map as a base.

Spoiler

XE9RFD2.png

What about a ferry between the docks of the three cities to move military grade and large vehicles?

Sure why not? Though it's up to the author to create a script for that. Could be a simple marker next to the model of the LCS ferry present at the docks of those maps that will teleport you or your vehicle in another part of the map.

Edited by daniel_dude
Fixed my post.
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, CyberRock said:

Can we have a look at the weapons?

Of course.

Spoiler

x1jpg_qqsrqqa.jpg

x2jpg_qqsrqqq.jpg

x3jpg_qqsxppp.jpg

x4jpg_qqsxpph.jpg

x5jpg_qqsxppx.jpg

x6jpg_qqsxppn.jpg

x7jpg_qqsxppe.jpg

x8jpg_qqsxppw.jpg

x9jpg_qqsxpps.jpg

x10jpg_qqsxppa.jpg

x11jpg_qqsxppq.jpg

x12jpg_qqsxphp.jpg

x13jpg_qqsxphh.jpg

x14jpg_qqsxphr.jpg

x15jpg_qqsxphx.jpg

x16jpg_qqsxphn.jpg

x17jpg_qqsxphe.jpg

x18jpg_qqsxphw.jpg

x19jpg_qqsxphs.jpg

• Like 4
1 hour ago, artginPL said:

Of course.

Reveal hidden contents

x1jpg_qqsrqqa.jpg

x2jpg_qqsrqqq.jpg

x3jpg_qqsxppp.jpg

x4jpg_qqsxpph.jpg

x5jpg_qqsxppx.jpg

x6jpg_qqsxppn.jpg

x7jpg_qqsxppe.jpg

x8jpg_qqsxppw.jpg

x9jpg_qqsxpps.jpg

x10jpg_qqsxppa.jpg

x11jpg_qqsxppq.jpg

x12jpg_qqsxphp.jpg

x13jpg_qqsxphh.jpg

x14jpg_qqsxphr.jpg

x15jpg_qqsxphx.jpg

x16jpg_qqsxphn.jpg

x17jpg_qqsxphe.jpg

x18jpg_qqsxphw.jpg

x19jpg_qqsxphs.jpg

They look fabulous.

Did you replace the pickups also?

• Like 1
Morningstar666

excellent job artipl I made a mini map of white and black LC I believe it was much better if you want I can send it to you to add in the new version

18 hours ago, daniel_dude said:

I made an improved version of it. I simplified it a lot more, so it should be more easier and doable to actually create it.

msJIP0B.png

In this version I made it simplier by removing the islands and just making it barebones to the modeler. The new landmasses are really small to create in comparison to the other one, and apart of the northern side of Vice City and Liberty City, the other ones should be more or less editing of existing land. I threw in some optional stuff, such as an island under the San Andreas - Vice City bridge to be a support of the bridge itself, but you can delete it and have a bridge without it like the Gant Bridge of San Fierro. I also added a city on the northern side of Liberty City, which is again a double copy of Dillimore, just to showcase that you can fit a medium sized city there. Regarding the railways I made it that it only goes to Liberty City's airport, which could be an optional rail track which can be accessed with a track switch mod, like I said in my post before. These three things I said can be optional and can be removed if necessary. I also took the liberty to delete the eastern landmass of Liberty City, since it was only present in the minimap and not even present in the game.

Hopefully this can be a good base for any potential modeler which wants to connect those islands close to each other.

I made a quick showcase which new landmass should be modeled in the spoiler below. The gray map is the already existing one, while the colored one is the one to be made. Once again, thanks to GTA Underground for using their map as a base.

Reveal hidden contents

XE9RFD2.png

Sure why not? Though it's up to the author to create a script for that. Could be a simple marker next to the model of the LCS ferry present at the docks of those maps that will teleport you or your vehicle in another part of the map.

Well, I really appreciate your project, very well illustrated and detailed, and as I understand it, you propose placing lc and vc as part of san andreas. My only question about your map is why removing all this part of the countryside of lc? I see no reason, as this offer a very nice aspect to the city (just as the country gives a nice aspect to the scenarios of the original cities of san andreas). Another thing, I believe creating new cities or anything else more complex would be an unnecessary work to do, because the only purpose of the land masses would be just connecting bridges and nothing else (some islands could be modeled but I do NOT think anything anything else would be necessary).

An issue I have in mind is that although many people would prefer a closer coordinates between vc, lc and san andreas, many would not enjoy vc and lc so close to san andreas.

Therefore, I reiterate, it is important to first have a consensus among those involved on how this TC map will look like. Without a consensus it is difficult to go ahead, and then the only solution would be to create something optional, or keep the map the way it is.

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, TKat said:

Well, I really appreciate your project, very well illustrated and detailed, and as I understand it, you propose placing lc and vc as part of san andreas. My only question about your map is why removing all this part of the countryside of lc? I see no reason, as this offer a very nice aspect to the city (just as the country gives a nice aspect to the scenarios of the original cities of san andreas). Another thing, I believe creating new cities or anything else more complex would be an unnecessary work to do, because the only purpose of the land masses would be just connecting bridges and nothing else (some islands could be modeled but I do NOT think anything anything else would be necessary).

An issue I have in mind is that although many people would prefer a closer coordinates between vc, lc and san andreas, many would not enjoy vc and lc so close to san andreas.

Therefore, I reiterate, it is important to first have a consensus among those involved on how this TC map will look like. Without a consensus it is difficult to go ahead, and then the only solution would be to create something optional, or keep the map the way it is.

I removed those parts of Liberty City because there is not even a model of them! The minimap is mismatched with the world geometry, you can check that out in GTA III and you will see that the land over there is not existing! Also I took that from Underground which may or may not have land at all over there, which could be the same with this mod. Another thing is less land to work on, less time to finish such kind of a mod.

Yeah, I said in the post that I placed that city in there just to showcase that there is plenty of space to build one in, nothing more nothing less, ditto for the railroad that goes into Liberty City.

We should create a poll, since this website can support one in a thread, to check if the community wants those maps to be close or stay as it is. I'd personally move them closer, since they're way too far IMO. Doesn't mean to be necessary super close to San Andreas, but also being in the mid way should be already be better. Honestly it would be great to go to those cities via a road vehicle or boat, without taking too much time to travel over there.

Yes, I agree you can go there by plane, but it's utterly boring to constantly fly over an endless ocean just to have an island magically pop up in front of you to land. I'd rather have those islands close together; the default San Andreas fog can masks those cities and make them feel far away but yet close without having them physically far away.

Edited by daniel_dude
Spell check.
  • Like 2

In my opinion the maps need to be far enough that I can't see Vice City when looking at sea from East Los Santos Beach or from the Los Santos docks with the game's default draw distance. Similarly, I don't want to see Liberty City when standing on the hills northeast of Las Venturas. Also when in Vice City I want to see nothing but the sea (and eventually the bridge to San Andreas fading in the distance) around, just like in the actual game. Anything less would be such an immersion breaker to me.

Edited by Laowaiboss
  • Like 2
On 1/1/2021 at 5:17 PM, daniel_dude said:

This is the ideal map for me. If anyone is willing to make it happen, I'm right here to help

As for the TC, I made a exclusive mod for it that adds security to the VC Airport

Now the metal detectors are functional and will beep if you go through them with any fire weapon in hands, and the guards in front of them will try to arrest you.

There is an ini file to set wether or not to spawn the guards, disable the red marker or make the detector set off if you have any kind of fire weapon, even if not in hands

t1k2YMK.jpg

You can download it here

Edited by Neon32
  • Like 4
On 1/2/2021 at 9:59 PM, Laowaiboss said:

In my opinion the maps need to be far enough that I can't see Vice City when looking at sea from East Los Santos Beach or from the Los Santos docks with the game's default draw distance. Similarly, I don't want to see Liberty City when standing on the hills northeast of Las Venturas. Also when in Vice City I want to see nothing but the sea (and eventually the bridge to San Andreas fading in the distance) around, just like in the actual game. Anything less would be such an immersion breaker to me.

I agree with you - seeing Vice City so close to LS is kinda weird (although I would accept it anyway). Main issue with why it looks weird, is because there are no transition in form of countryside/desert/whatever. And honestly @daniel_dude's version looks pretty decent. It adds a small amount of landmass in VC/LC and connects with not so long bridges. Maybe moving LC and VC slightly further could help it so that you wont be able to see SA cities from the VC.

@daniel_dude - this mod already fixes northern part of Shoreside Vale by adding hude landmass and you might include it in your map.

Adding huge amount of landmasses sounds only good on the paper. In reality it will turn in some sort of barren, featureless land with no places of interest.

On 1/1/2021 at 5:17 PM, daniel_dude said:

msJIP0B.png

On 1/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, Laowaiboss said:

The map is cool and I agree that we shouldn't be able to see the cities with the game default draw distance.
I tested out his positioning and turns out that it's impossible to hide the cities with the draw distance if we follow exactly the map.

So I moved a bit. It's not equal to his map, but its very similar and the draw distance hide the cities. So we have the best of both worlds.
On my version you can't see LC VC while on SA and vice versa.

Here is the final result: (I used project2dfx to render all maps)

2MTy3Wx.jpg

On 1/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, Laowaiboss said:

when in Vice City I want to see nothing but the sea

As shown on the gif, we can't see SA from VC using default max draw distance. But just a little walk on the ocean and SA pops out. As I said, this seems to be the best of both worlds.

2gMkihZ.gif

• Like 7

Alright then, I just finished a third revision of my map by using the (more or less) positions of @Clara's map.

XKCV5gH.png

In this version, I adjusted the position so the problem of seeing other islands should be gone since the default fog should make it a little better. I changed the connections of the three islands, now Vice City is connected via the Los Santos - Las Venturas highway, and Liberty City is connected to Las Venturas. Maybe the Vice City bridge can be a bit more slanted than in my concept map, if you want to get the rid of the S-shape road. It's up to a modeler for that, really.

I also added back the landmass from Liberty City since @eagle152 said that in this mod it actually exists and it's not just on the minimap. I took the liberty to modify it a little bit, making it look like a very big Chilliad since the San Andreas doesn't have many open mountain range areas. Both in Liberty City and Vice City new landmasses I edited in some dirt paths and some farmlands, since we acknowledged that even small cities are way too complex to create. I added a small island under the northern Las Venturas - Liberty City road so it can support it's bridge since it's a bit longer than the Gant Bridge, and in my opinion it would look rather out of place to be stretching out over the sea like that. However feel free to don't model it if you really want to.

In the spoiler I made a version of this map to show which is the new land to add inside the mod; the black and white map is the already existing one. The biggest landmass to create is on the north west side of Vice City, I made it so big because otherwise the road and thus the bridge would stretch out too far over the sea. Same thing for the landmass on the southern side of Liberty City and on the eastern part of San Andreas.

Spoiler

55xaheP.png

Hopefully this should iron out the issues that you folks brought up!

Click here to see the high resolution version of my map.

Edited by daniel_dude
Forgot to add the black and white map...

In my opinion, moving the Islands a bit closer and connecting them with long bridges would be fun but assuming nobody would want to drive across a long and empty bridge would mean having to create new paths for peds to drive on these bridges. Can this be accomplished? Having said that, I like this version of the map. I'd like it even without ped paths.

2 hours ago, daniel_dude said:

Alright then, I just finished a third revision of my map by using the (more or less) positions of @Clara's map.

XKCV5gH.png

In this version, I adjusted the position so the problem of seeing the other islands should be gone since the default fog should make it a little better. I changed the connections of the three islands, now Vice City is connected via the Los Santos - Las Venturas highway and Liberty City is connected to Las Venturas. Maybe Vice City bridge can be a bit more slanted than in my concept map, if you want to get the rid of the S-shape road. It's up to a modeler for that, really.

I also added back the landmass from Liberty City since @eagle152 said that in this mod it actually exists and it's not just on the minimap. I took the liberty to modify it a little bit, making it look like a very big Chilliad since the San Andreas doesn't have many open area mountain ranges enviroments. On both Liberty City and Vice City new landmasses I edited in some dirt paths and some farmlands, since we acknowledged that even small cities are way too complex to create. I added a small island under the northern Las Venturas - Liberty City connection so it can support it's bridge since it's a bit longer than the Gant Bridge, and IMO it would look rather out of place to be stretching out over the sea like that. However feel free to don't model it if you really want to.

In the spoiler I made a version of this map to show which is the new land to add inside the mod, while the black and white map is the already existing one. The biggest landmass to create is on the north west side of Vice City, I made it so big so the road and thus the bridge won't stretch out too far on the sea. Same thing for the landmass on the southern side of Liberty City and on the eastern part of San Andreas.

Hide contents

55xaheP.png

Hopefully this should iron out the issues that you guys brought up!

Edited by Kookachulu
  • Like 1
On 1/4/2021 at 8:19 AM, daniel_dude said:

XKCV5gH.png

In this version, I adjusted the position so the problem of seeing other islands should be gone since the default fog should make it a little better. I changed the connections of the three islands, now Vice City is connected via the Los Santos - Las Venturas highway, and Liberty City is connected to Las Venturas. Maybe the Vice City bridge can be a bit more slanted than in my concept map, if you want to get the rid of the S-shape road. It's up to a modeler for that, really.

I also added back the landmass from Liberty City since @eagle152 said that in this mod it actually exists and it's not just on the minimap. I took the liberty to modify it a little bit, making it look like a very big Chilliad since the San Andreas doesn't have many open mountain range areas. Both in Liberty City and Vice City new landmasses I edited in some dirt paths and some farmlands, since we acknowledged that even small cities are way too complex to create. I added a small island under the northern Las Venturas - Liberty City road so it can support it's bridge since it's a bit longer than the Gant Bridge, and in my opinion it would look rather out of place to be stretching out over the sea like that. However feel free to don't model it if you really want to.

In the spoiler I made a version of this map to show which is the new land to add inside the mod; the black and white map is the already existing one. The biggest landmass to create is on the north west side of Vice City, I made it so big because otherwise the road and thus the bridge would stretch out too far over the sea. Same thing for the landmass on the southern side of Liberty City and on the eastern part of San Andreas.

Reveal hidden contents

55xaheP.png

Hopefully this should iron out the issues that you folks brought up!

Click here to see the high resolution version of my map.

I liked you project projection. I think it will be very cool. I just believe that if the distance were a bit little further, it would be possible to reach a consensus about this.

For example, I used your project and here I made a quick projection of the distance I would find the best option. I placed the distance of the map projection to be approximately the distance it would take to go from one city to another in san andreas, travelling through the countryside. My idea is, while using your projection, is to move LC and VC just a little bit further from san andreas state, also move LC just a little bit to the north, while moving VC a little bit to south, so then LC and VC will be not too close to each other. So it would be neither too far nor too close, but good to travel both by car and by plane.

By increasing the distance a little, it would also be necessary to increase the land masses, which will connect the roads. But as you can see, in my projection I increased it just a little more (the landmasses I edited is just an idea). The land masses, in addition to connecting the bridges, will be important to allow a feeling that one is going through contryside before arriving in LC or VC (as the way it is while travelling to the cities of los santos, san fierro and las venturas), so it will work as a transition scenario before arriving in the cities of LC or VC.

So below I just did a quick edit to your map projection, showing you the distance I think would be better :

9lL1k5a.jpg

OBS: I just used your project map to show you that I really aprove your idea, but only wanted to illustrate to you how I would thought about the ideal. I just did a quick edit on your map projection. Also I just wanted the show you the coordinates distance would be better in my opinion. 

Edited by TKat
  • Like 1

This is basically the current map with LC and VC a bit lower/higher. I personally don't think it worth do this way.

vdUJr1v.jpg
It seems too far, the idea of a giant road in the middle of ocean looks weird to me, even with landmasses on the way. My current position is 1000 meters, which is far, but not that far. SF bridge length is only 300 meters less than this. So it doesn't seems that weird to me. In my opinion any distance above 1000 meters is way too much.

The moving maps process is more complicated than I tought. I tought that we would be able to create dozens of versions of this mod, but I was wrong. My version will probably will be  the only alternative available.

The main problem that people had with the cities being close is that would be possible to see that they are way too close. I aleardy solved that positioning them 1000 metters from each other, transpassing the draw distance limit of 800 meters. LC VC SA aren't visible one from another. I stil hadn't take a final decision, but I think I will stick it the position that I showed before.

Reach a consensus about this would be great. It seams that every person has a different idea about the position of the cities. I'll only be able to follow one of those ideas.

Either way, I'll still share my tools, but as I said, moving maps is complicated.

Edited by Clara
  • Like 6
Morningstar666

Clara, you made a great choice by adding the maps 1000 meters away, over the land masses there could be something more during the road so it doesn't look so fake
but anyway, please release this version without the landmasses first

SAxVCxLC -  All Cities Connected 0.2 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DmSk4vSB_FrbFdDIYSL2rohoT6SZZ4b8/view?usp=sharing

It's still incomplete. Things left to move: paths, water.dat, WLE_SAxVCxIII.SA.asi, ZoneUpdatesSAxVCxLC.asi, fullseabed.ipl

Installation: Throw the folder at modloader

Render in-game:

UtG8Kou.png

Comparison with the Daniel's map:

Xk2h5JA.png

This is the final position. No further edits will be made.

The game default draw distance hide the cities, so you can't see VC LC while on SA and vice versa.

The distance between the cities is about 1000 meters.

SAxVCxLC - Teleport mods

Attention: Each mod has two versions. One for the regular and one for our map.

Here's a teleport mod created by Junior_Djjr. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v3gXbrO33P4yHGDo2JL13g6YvBeex42A/view?usp=sharing

3ka0Bf3.png

bIAcNL2.png

Here's a simpler teleport menu made by me (base script by: RaverDave). Hit ''6'' and select the area.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EV8EAkeTcO5tjlqPAsNMmt3FDsOn_FLl/view?usp=sharing

yHue5Zr.png

Feel free to add those scripts on the next version of the mod.

Edited by Clara

My suggestion is to create a new thread for this new version of the map. And move the last few posts to a new thread. Currently there is too much confusion here. 

• Like 4