3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

SAxVCxLC - VC and LC in San Andreas

PlatinumSerb

I am adding clerks to hardware stores and Ammu-Nation stores. Currently, only weapons from GTA SA are available.

Spoiler

1jpg_qqwsnqp.jpg

2jpg_qqwsnqh.jpg

Edited by artginPL
49 minutes ago, lego666 said:

do you have any plans to add beta content like peds, weapons, and vehicle from these 3 games?

You know you can do it yourself. There are a lot of TUT showing you the ways  to do it. 

Edited by santosvagos

Has anybody been able to complete all the missions yet? Could anyone share their savegame? I am unable to get past the first few without crashing.

Edited by Kookachulu

unfortunately the people who managed to fix the problem of missions and teleportation errors did not share with us
we will have to wait if someone can send the files or add these corrections in a new version

3 hours ago, Morningstar666 said:

unfortunately the people who managed to fix the problem of missions and teleportation errors did not share with us
we will have to wait if someone can send the files or add these corrections in a new version

I've already said it, to fix the teleport you just need to use the latest version of CLEO (not included in this mod)

• Like 2

@artginPL i have good news, My classes ending tomorrow, so tomorrow i'm going yo convert the rumpo to SA style, as i promised you

And i Will Aldo advance with the rest of the vehicles

• Like 2

I was going to create a script that ''converts'' the radar from III and VC. Unfortunately I realized that the scale and the cutouts are different.

MOD

1.png

GTA 3

2.png

MOD

a.png

GTA VC

bb.png

I know that are possible to import the radar to photoshop and convert a new one there (didn't tried yet, also, I never used ps before). But it would be very nice to have a automated conversor.

Other idea that I had, was ''erase'' the radar from the mod and rearrange the original from III and VC. This might work if the scale of LC and VC are exactly equal as theirs original.

--------------------------------------------------

I also, will try to use ''fastman processor'' to merge the maps on SA. Like this:

SJFAFMt.jpg

Even that this merging doesn't make sense. I think it's cooler to have all cities connected through bridges and close to each other. It will be very nice travel trough them while listening to the radio.

--------------------------------------------------------

Now about mission conversion. Much of us would love the have the missions from III and VC on this mod. I talked with Junior about that, and unfortunately is not a easy task. Even that the engine are the same, the overall estructure of the scripts are different, so there would have to be massive changes on the code, We can't just copy and paste.
Other issue are the animations, I managed to convert cutscene animations from VC to SA, but couldn't do the same with III, beside that, III also uses a differente format for the heads, called ''anm'', apparently there's no way to convert, so theoretically if I did manage to convert anims from III, it would be only body moviments, without any facial expression.

Something easier would be to recreate the missions in dyom. As you can see here, it's not that bad, but it's not good either. But I don't know if it worth all this hassle just to play III and VC missions with fancy ENB graphics.

Edited by Clara
3 hours ago, Clara said:

SAxVCxLC -  All Cities Connected

Me and my boyfriend are moving the cities.

Still a lot of work left to do.

Nice, but I think you should wait for the 1.2 version wich is on the way so you don't have to do all this work twice

Edit: Also it would be nice if you could share us the value for changing the coords so we can adapt our mods to this version too

Edited by Neon32
  • Like 1

@ClaraI was talking to some people who imported cutscnes from gtavcs to gta san once but ended up losing contact

about the missions in GTA 3 it would be enough to get a mod that turns gta vice city into gta 3 that has the missions so it would be possible to obtain them in the same way as vice city

Edited by Morningstar666
A question, does anyone know how to go through PM, because I don't know much about the functions of gta forums, and I also say it because I almost finished the rumpo

SJFAFMt.jpg

I always liked the idea of moving Vice City and Liberty City closer to San Andreas, since it's virtually impossible to create huge landmasses between these three islands. However, I feel now that they're are way too close to eachother. Now it looks like that Los Santos is part of Vice City and vice versa. I think the gap should be more or less the same distance that Los Santos is from Las Venturas so at least the in-game fog could mask it a little better and make it feel that is distant yet close, like it already happens to the existing San Andreas cities.

This is my concept how the map should be:

1g53ETc.png

I get that you made them this close so it would be easy to put a road, thus linking those maps, but like I said above, I feel they're a little too close now. Still, by using my idea it's possible creating bridges and roads albeit they would be a bit too long and far from than your original concept; and honestly the idea of having a long highway stretching in the middle of the ocean is quite jarring like having these maps right next to one other... Compromises!

-----

@artginPL, sorry for mentioning you out of nowhere, but I noticed in the earlier page that you ported the Statue of Liberty in this mod. Is it going to be an optional feature? I really like it but I feel some people would prefer having the original, untouched, map from III. Since I brought you up I would like to say to you that this is a nice project and keep up with the good work!

Edited by daniel_dude
Formatting.
28 minutes ago, daniel_dude said:

@artginPL, sorry for mentioning you out of nowhere, but I noticed in the earlier page that you ported the Statue of Liberty in this mod. Is it going to be an optional feature? I really like it but I feel some people would prefer having the original, untouched, map from III. Since I brought you up I would like to say to you that this is a nice project and keep up with the good work!

Yes, it will be an optional add-on.

• Like 3

This mod feels more polished than UG tbh which is the selling point for me but as stated at the beginning of the topic this isn't a competition, no offence were intended but this my honest opinion.

Though there are some things that can be done to make this better hope you take this into account, such as, enriching the car generating sys with originality, for example, it isn't right to spot a super car near the the docks in LC which is supposed to be an area filled with hard working middle class people.

Another thing is the car colors, LC is a dark and gritty game with cold blue atmosphere but what's significantly noticeable comparing to VC are the very dark colors which blends into the game's atmosphere unlike the flashy bright colors that are used in VC.

Thank you guys for this awesome mod, it feels smooth, there are some minor misplaced collisions if you are guys interested.   

On 12/26/2020 at 5:59 PM, daniel_dude said:

I always liked the idea of moving Vice City and Liberty City closer to San Andreas, since it's virtually impossible to create huge landmasses between these three islands. However, I feel now that they're are way too close to eachother. Now it looks like that Los Santos is part of Vice City and vice versa. I think the gap should be more or less the same distance that Los Santos is from Las Venturas so at least the in-game fog could mask it a little better and make it feel that is distant yet close, like it already happens to the existing San Andreas cities.

Our idea is to place LC and VC close in a similar distance that LS SF and LV are from each other. In this case, I prefer to see LC and VC not as New York and Miami, but as cities that belongs to the state of San Andreas.

We still are seeing the possibilities, but probably the final product will be this:

xYZ7uYi.png

787 meters of distance from each other, the same lenght of the San Fierro Bridge (according to gta wiki).

I don't have plans to make other alternate versions, but I will wrote a moving maps tutorial, so anyone can make your custom version of the mod soon.
At moment we edited a script to mass move ipl files to a coordenate, and that's my objective, make everything automated as possible.

Probably there also will be some new landmass so the bridge can connect.

On 12/26/2020 at 5:59 PM, daniel_dude said:

and honestly the idea of having a long highway stretching in the middle of the ocean is quite jarring like having these maps right next to one other... Compromises!

Yes, in this case a bridge would not work. The only option would be a teleport script for the airports. But my idea is make something that turns possible to travel through the cities by car.
I could do a alternative version that follows your concept, but moving maps is not that easy. But following my future tutorial, anyone with time and will, can move the cities for any position as they please.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, Neon32 said:

Nice, but I think you should wait for the 1.2 version wich is on the way so you don't have to do all this work twice

I don't think I'll have time to move the 1.2 version. 2021 will be a very turbulent year for me, so I can only move the current version of the mod. I probably will release it over the next few days.

On 12/25/2020 at 10:38 AM, Neon32 said:

Also it would be nice if you could share us the value for changing the coords so we can adapt our mods to this version too

I will write a moving maps tutorial, my boyfriend will post it at mixmods forum (since I don't have acc there). On this tutorial there will be useful info to adapt mods for this version.

3 hours ago, Clara said:

Our idea is to place LC and VC close in a similar distance that LS SF and LV are from each other. In this case, I prefer to see LC and VC not as New York and Miami, but as cities that belongs to the state of San Andreas.

We still are seeing the possibilities, but probably the final product will be this:

xYZ7uYi.png

787 meters of distance from each other, the same lenght of the San Fierro Bridge (according to gta wiki).

I don't have plans to make other alternate versions, but I will wrote a moving maps tutorial, so anyone can make your custom version of the mod soon.
At moment we edited a script to mass move ipl files to a coordenate, and that's my objective, make everything automated as possible.

Probably there also will be some new landmass so the bridge can connect.

Yes, in this case a bridge would not work. The only option would be a teleport script for the airports. But my idea is make something that turns possible to travel through the cities by car.
I could do a alternative version that follows your concept, but moving maps is not that easy. But following my future tutorial, anyone with time and will, can move the cities for any position as they please.

Oh, sorry then. I thought the map you posted before was the final map of your idea. I actually like this one better! Can't wait to see the results of this, nice work!

[quote]

SAxVCxLC -  All Cities Connected

[/quote]

Maybe it'd be a better idea to move Vice City to the south east corner of Los Santos (LC is fine) i.e. northern part of VC is somewhere around the LS stadium? I think its fine that VC and LC would not be connected directly.

Dunno about others but I'd personally prefer the cities to be a bit far from each other. Not as much as it is right now but they should at least be far enough to not be visible from standing in the sea shore of one city & should be connected with a bridge. Being that close to one another kinda feels like a part of the same city other than being a separate of it's own.

But anyway it's just my opinion.

Edited by Grinch_

In my opinion, the current position of LC and VC is perfect. Thanks to this, planes such as the AT400 can finally be fully used. The only good solution would be to connect all the islands with long highways like Route 66.

BTW

All weapons from LC and VC are now added. I will show some screenshots soon.

I understand all 3 points of view.

1:
There's some people that prefers the current position because it's a distance that Rockstar Games itself would use if they released a game with LC VC and SA together.

2:
There's some people that want closer island, but not that close, looking something like this:

J5T6OGE.jpg

That would make less tedious to travel trough boat or plane.

3:
And there's some people like me that want all islands very close and connected trough bridges.
As I said, I prefer to see LC and VC not as New York and Miami, but as cities that belongs to the state of San Andreas.

I don't see any reason to not have all three options available. The modified files have just some kb and all you have to do to install is throw them in the modloader folder.

As I said, I'm doing the third alternative, anyone that wants the second one will be able to make it soon. Junior had even to create a tool to help the process. When the tools get released to public, there will be a lot easier to move any map mod for the game.

For anyone that wishes to test our current version, here are the files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1a64pqSNRKvfM0RH7F6E8DY-ztory-N8M/view?usp=sharing Just throw at modloader.
The distance between LC VC and SA are 787 meters, the same lenght of the San Fierro Bridge (according to gta wiki). That would be a ''vanilla distance'' if LC and VC was made as part of the state of San Andreas.

Keep in mind that's unfinished and theres a lot of adaptations left to do.

vyZHh31.jpg

553k3CK.png

Edited by Clara
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, artginPL said:

In my opinion, the current position of LC and VC is perfect. Thanks to this, planes such as the AT400 can finally be fully used. The only good solution would be to connect all the islands with long highways like Route 66.

BTW

All weapons from LC and VC are now added. I will show some screenshots soon.

In my opinion the creation of too very long bridges in the middle of nowhere in the ocean wouldn’t make any sense to me. Unless they were connected by some land masses, so in this case it would make sense.

I believe that it would not be difficult to model a large mass of land with highways connecting the problem, it would be that it would give a little work to texture
and also the most difficult would be how to know the distance between the exact maps would have to be imported maybe some parts of the map to the used program to have a reference or minimap in full scale