Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,249 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Grantestos

Alien: Covenant

feckyerlife

I guess i was wrong about Shaw. don't click if you don't want to be spoiled

Apparently David is shown experimenting on her, but nothing is explained in how she ended up like that. There have been people saying he implied to Daniels that he killed her, but some people are saying that is incorrect. 2s_Ro4.jpg

Edited by feckyerlife

Flash525

Well that shaw doesn't look very pleasant.

:lol:

I wonder whether she was killed (by David?) whether she was attacked and killed by an alien, or whether she died naturally and David then decided to go all Frankenstein on her.

Edited by Flash525

UshaB

Spoilered

Fool damn! I'm guessing that's the stuff Feckyerlife put in the spoiler?

Edited by UshaB

feckyerlife

I wonder whether she was killed (by David?) whether she was attacked and killed by an alien, or whether she died naturally and David then decided to go all Frankenstein on her.

its just img from a scene in the movie that for some reason HBO blasted to the public

Flash525

My apologies, I didn't think; I thought it had been in a TV spot already(?); needless to say I've amended my post and added spoiler tags.

Edited by Flash525

UshaB

needless to say I've amended my post and added spoiler tags.

Gooood, goooooooood Anakin.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

Just got back from a showing for this. You know something's wrong with an Alien film when the Xenomorph sh*t is the worst part of it. I was more interested in the David storyline than anything else in this film. There was zero tension in this movie, it felt very formulaic and "been there, done that".

Queen

It had very little tension because it was predictable.

"I've gotta go take a leak. I'll be right back."

You just know they're not going to live by the time those words have been spoken. Formulaic, indeed.

Shyabang Shyabang

There are a few things that bother me such as...

the Engineers not being suspicious of their 2-millennium-year-old spacecraft approaching, especially one that came from a biological weapons station that obviously broke contact for such a long time.

Leftist Bastard

It really is David's show. There isn't a single scary scene outside of one kind of tense confrontation; I really hope Awakening focuses on the one good character Ridley poured all his heart into it.

EmSixTeen

Really felt underwhelmed by this. Enjoyed it nonetheless, but very underwhelmed. Saw it on release and my memory is awful, but I'll try a few points.

People went in to Prometheus expecting a direct prequel to Alien and got disappointed when it wasn't. It was never supposed to be that though, and they'd have known as much if they'd read about the trilogy beforehand. Prometheus was a little silly, could have been explained better, and was a little boring at times, but I enjoyed it more than what we've just seen. It opened the universe up to the potential for some great lore but Covenant completely disregarded this. The lore aspect was completely abandoned, they copped out and ignored it - what little they included was simply a vessel to direct an unrelated story.

The film should have, at the bare minimum, delved in to the creation of the weapon. We don't/didn't need to know about why they created mankind, that's a slippery existential slope, but the weapon itself (which remember, is Alien) should have been a real focal point that was in turn backed by why. We don't know anything more about the Engineers after this film, despite a whole movie where they've went to their home planet.. I mean, come on.

• When the people found the crashed ship, why was it crashed? David didn't need to crash it, he'd destroyed the Engineers.
  • Did anyone watching think anything other than it was David who survived at the end?
  • As mentioned by another here, why weren't the Engineers at least a little suspicious/skeptical?
  • .. where did the gun on the roof come from?!

There's more but I can't remember right now.

It's extremely evident that they've chickened out from the Prometheus storyline and pandered to those who were simply seeking another Alien film, and in reality all they ended up with was a half-baked effort covering both.

Edited by EmSixTeen

Flash525

I must admit, alike @EmSixTeen​, I was left underwhelmed by this.Didn't quite like the concept that it was David (our creation) that created the alien species. I can only assume that the next film will introduce more Engineers? In the first Alien film, the crew land on a planet where there's countless eggs, and where there's a dead Engineer in one of those space chairs. How did that all come about?

Also, that first Egg that David had; presumably it wasn't laid? I wonder how a Queen is going to feature into all of this too. Quite a bit to wrap into a third and final movie; unless there's more than one more planned?

feckyerlife

I must admit, alike @EmSixTeen​, I was left underwhelmed by this.Didn't quite like the concept that it was David (our creation) that created the alien species. I can only assume that the next film will introduce more Engineers? In the first Alien film, the crew land on a planet where there's countless eggs, and where there's a dead Engineer in one of those space chairs. How did that all come about?

Also, that first Egg that David had; presumably it wasn't laid? I wonder how a Queen is going to feature into all of this too. Quite a bit to wrap into a third and final movie; unless there's more than one more planned?

exactley, it killed the original movie to me. The engineer is supposed to be fossilized in the first movie. but how would that be possible now since David created the xeno 10yrs before the first film. unless the derelict is an acronym for delorean

EmSixTeen

The engineer is supposed to be fossilized in the first movie. but how would that be possible now since David created the xeno 10yrs before the first film. unless the derelict is an acronym for delorean

Uh, what?

feckyerlife

The engineer is supposed to be fossilized in the first movie. but how would that be possible now since David created the xeno 10yrs before the first film. unless the derelict is an acronym for delorean

Uh, what?

when i say first movie, i mean Alien. In the movie Alien when they find the Derelict (the engineers ship) they find the engineer with his chest burst. The main guy from the crew looks at the body and says its been there for a really long time since its fossilized meaning it had to be there for 1000s of years. Alien Covenant takes place in 2103, Alien takes place in 2122. Alien Awakening will take place in between (i would say probably 10yrs prior to Alien), which is supposed to set up Alien. David creates the Xenomoprh in Covenant which would give its creation at 20yrs before the movie Alien. So its like everything Ridley Scott is doing now, is contradicting and ruining the story of the first movie.

EmSixTeen

when i say first movie, i mean Alien. In the movie Alien when they find the Derelict (the engineers ship) they find the engineer with his chest burst. The main guy from the crew looks at the body and says its been there for a really long time since its fossilized meaning it had to be there for 1000s of years. Alien Covenant takes place in 2103, Alien takes place in 2122. Alien Awakening will take place in between (i would say probably 10yrs prior to Alien), which is supposed to set up Alien. David creates the Xenomoprh in Covenant which would give its creation at 20yrs before the movie Alien. So its like everything Ridley Scott is doing now, is contradicting and ruining the story of the first movie.

Ah yes, I'd completely neglected that, but you're very right! Yet another plot hole.

Indy007

It's not my favorite A L I E N film but I love it a hell of a lot better than P R O M E T H E U S and it actually has what I've been waiting for in a new entry in the series. There are some plot holes that of course gave me question but I've seen it twice in theaters and plan on getting it on Blu-ray. My favorite film will always be the 1979 original.

Leftist Bastard

Honestly don't care about plot holes. Plot holes as a casualty for a more interesting story are alright with me.

EmSixTeen

Honestly don't care about plot holes. Plot holes as a casualty for a more interesting story are alright with me.

.. That'd be great, but they did the exact opposite and made the story predictably linear while completely ignoring the premise of not only the movie that preceded it, but the original Alien movie itself.

RARusk

Star-Lord

So after watching Prometheus, Covenant and original Alien, I've come to the conclusion that the next movie should be focused on the engineers right? Maybe one or two movies more explaining the origin of the engineers until the events of Alien. From watching all 3 movies in a row, I also realize that androids have always been like Ash, with one sole purpose to experiment and create.

feckyerlife

So after watching Prometheus, Covenant and original Alien, I've come to the conclusion that the next movie should be focused on the engineers right? Maybe one or two movies more explaining the origin of the engineers until the events of Alien. From watching all 3 movies in a row, I also realize that androids have always been like Ash, with one sole purpose to experiment and create.

according to Ridley they are going to move away from Aliens and Engineers and focus more on AI.

Star-Lord

according to Ridley they are going to move away from Aliens and Engineers and focus more on AI.

Really? What a bummer.

Is he trying to kill his beloved franchise?

Mr. Scratch

I think he's gone f*cking senile, either that or he wants to prove he can make prequels as bad as George Lucas.

Star-Lord

I think he's gone f*cking senile, either that or he wants to prove he can make prequels as bad as George Lucas.

I'd like to think he would explain what occur between Engineers and Predators because some how they linked those two alien races together. In AVP in the beginning we see a trophy of one of the engineers head and also in the original Predator, the Yautja heals himself with what might seem like acidly blood [Alien blood]? So by that alone these two franchises are tie together, somehow, someway.